image1 (resized).jpeg
image0 (resized).jpeg
GnRAllenWrenchMod (resized).jpg
200w.gif
IMG_2222 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2652 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4454 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

78 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 28,388 posts in this topic. You are on page 158 of 568.
#7851 3 years ago

Just watched the Twipys , congratulations again , for game of the year . Such a well put together thank you video .
( and let's be honest , nothing else came close )

#7852 3 years ago

When someone has an issue with a JJP pinball machine, they call support. It's not supports job to come in here and post records of calls and requests. And it's not an owners job to come in here to see what might go wrong. There is no reason for them to come in here and say anything.

Quoted from DrJoe:

Maybe JJP will eventually have a fix for this, but they sure aren’t acknowledging it openly yet.

#7853 3 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Just watched the Twipys , congratulations again , for game of the year . Such a well put together thank you video .
( and let's be honest , nothing else came close )

What game will JJP have in this contest in 2021?

#7854 3 years ago
Quoted from JohnTTwo:

What game will JJP have in this contest in 2021?

Hate to be boring but if everything goes to plan it should be Toy Story .

#7855 3 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

When someone has an issue with a JJP pinball machine, they call support. It's not supports job to come in here and post records of calls and requests. And it's not an owners job to come in there to see what might go wrong. There is no reason for them to come in here and say anything.

Which is what I did with the first 3 issues with my game. BUT, many people are posting "when does the magnet activate"? So should those questions be ignored by those of us that know? Should I just post GOTY videos all day long? Sometimes, when there is a known issue (let's say the spinner on LZ), a company says "we realize there's an issue and we're working on a fix". Some companies don't I suppose. But, wow, one can't talk objectively about a JJP problem without the fanboys taking offense. Every single time. Owners of the game are asking questions and the question is being answered here.

#7856 3 years ago
Quoted from Rolls-Royce:

...what a coincidence, I... a friend of mine asked me the same question also the same friend was able to choose "Patience" as 2nd song, anyone knows what did I do to achieve "Patience"?.... (I mean my friend?)

Lol, the thing is mine grabs often and has been for 2 months so I think it's OK just had no idea when it does and doesn't grab but I think Eskabee answered the question. It's automatic and available when upper lanes need to be achieved? Always great when there is an extra ball on the line ! Yes just pick the album patch for patience before you start the plunge. It's the GnR lies album!

#7857 3 years ago
Quoted from DrJoe:

Which is what I did with the first 3 issues with my game. BUT, many people are posting "when does the magnet activate"? So should those questions be ignored by those of us that know? Should I just post GOTY videos all day long? Sometimes, when there is a known issue (let's say the spinner on LZ), a company says "we realize there's an issue and we're working on a fix". Some companies don't I suppose. But, wow, one can't talk objectively about a JJP problem without the fanboys taking offense. Every single time. Owners of the game are asking questions and the question is being answered here.

If there are problems , I think they should be addressed publicly , I've only seen a few people post about magnet issue .
But if there are issues , people should talk about them to put pressure on jjp to fix whatever the issue is .

#7858 3 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

If there are problems , I think they should be addressed publicly , I've only seen a few people post about magnet issue .
But if there are issues , people should talk about them to put pressure on jjp to fix whatever the issue is .

so far i have my LE game for a month and a halve and i have not experienced any problems with the magnet. Mine was shipped to europe just before the CE went on the line to give a timeframe for production. Still working fine.

#7859 3 years ago

What the hell are you talking about? I specifically quoted the part of the post I was responding to, and it was about JJP not posting support updates on pinside.

Take it easy guy, it’s going to be okay.

Quoted from DrJoe:

#7860 3 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

What the hell are you talking about? I specifically quoted the part of the post I was responding to, and it was about JJP not posting support updates on pinside.
Take it easy guy, it’s going to be okay.

I'm takin' it easy Mr. Fanboy. Enjoy your game and I'll try to be less offensive.

#7861 3 years ago
Quoted from DrJoe:

Maybe JJP will eventually have a fix for this, but they sure aren’t acknowledging it openly yet.

I’m sure Keefer & crew is looking into it.I know you’ll probably call me a JJP fanboy but they do have a record of fixing issues like this

#7862 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

I’m sure Keefer & crew is looking into it.I know you’ll probably call me a JJP fanboy but they do have a record of fixing issues like this

I'm sure they will too. No one, including myself, is saying that they won't. Just discussing a problem in an owner's thread.

#7863 3 years ago

I reported my magnet wasn't working and they sent a replacement. Should I install it or wait until software/hardware are updated?

Anyone here know what could be done to utilize the magnet less, to make the coil/resistor last longer? Not sure if that's a software issue... It would seem like the coil/resistor would work as many times as needed for a certain amount of times. Is this a bad batch of hardware they have with the combo they sent me?

#7864 3 years ago
Quoted from Valorguy:

I reported my magnet wasn't working and they sent a replacement. Should I install it or wait until software/hardware are updated?
Anyone here know what could be done to utilize the magnet less, to make the coil/resistor last longer? Not sure if that's a software issue... It would seem like the coil/resistor would work as many times as needed for a certain amount of times. Is this a bad batch of hardware they have with the combo they sent me?

I don’t know about this particular problem but I do know for certain these types of issues do come up.
I had three DI playfield screens before it was resolved,the good thing was Frank just kept helping until we got it right!

#7865 3 years ago

has anyone replaced the internal speakers (soundbar does not fit for me) with better ones at the LE? Recommendations?

#7866 3 years ago

Karl DeAngelo's streaming GnR now with temp gauges and the redesigned GnR flipper cooling brackets to make sure that the temps are still good with the change. After 1 hour peak temp cooled is only 116.4F, so seems to be good. He should be going for another hour:

https://www.twitch.tv/iepinball

karl-2021-04-03 (resized).jpgkarl-2021-04-03 (resized).jpg

#7867 3 years ago

LOL, right. Problems happen, this is really minor. It seems like they got a source that sent them parts with a higher failure rate than normal.

If they haven’t sorted it out already, they will.

Quoted from romulusx:

#7868 3 years ago

NEED HELP. I have my game in manual jukebox mode. When I press lock down bar button the jukebox starts. I can change songs by pushing it again. But how do I stop jukebox all together.

#7869 3 years ago
Quoted from KISS73:

NEED HELP. I have my game in manual jukebox mode. When I press lock down bar button the jukebox starts. I can change songs by pushing it again. But how do I stop jukebox all together.

Hold the action button down

#7870 3 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

LOL, right. Problems happen, this is really minor. It seems like they got a source that sent them parts with a higher failure rate than normal.
If they haven’t sorted it out already, they will.

And it's not everyone getting the magnet issue either. My advice is don't sweat it unless you get it.

#7871 3 years ago

It finally happened. I chickened out and got my first above 50 million jackpot cashing it out. Welcome to the jungle was 3/4 into the song and jackpot got so high i did not want to risk losing it again so i smashed that button like a mosquito. Resulting in an almost triple new GC. Felt so good.

20210403_224544 (resized).jpg20210403_224544 (resized).jpg20210403_224552 (resized).jpg20210403_224552 (resized).jpg

#7872 3 years ago

Think I caught a bug. Appetite and UYI-1 both 3+ mins played but not lit for the album mode. Am I missing something?

EBEDCE1C-F0F6-47AD-936B-2E3372771CB3 (resized).jpegEBEDCE1C-F0F6-47AD-936B-2E3372771CB3 (resized).jpeg
#7873 3 years ago

Any word on the Le delivery dates ? Been off the grid last 12 days going home tomro what are we looking at

#7874 3 years ago
Quoted from DrJoe:

Don’t act all butt hurt and then go back to LZ thread and trash talk GnR.oh yeah I’m a fanboy so don’t bother saying it!

#7875 3 years ago

Minor software update request for JJP:

Please do not allow graphics to overlay the fuse on the main monitor during Ignite the Flames Multiball.

For example, the "Get the Extra Ball" alert with skulls can appear on-screen while the fuse is running during Ignite the Flames Multiball. When this happens, the player can longer see the fuse, so you miss out on the jackpot since there is no way to tell when to hit the Action button. I'm not sure if it's isolated to just Extra Ball, but perhaps there is way to prevent covering the on-screen fuse counter while it's running down.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#7876 3 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

Any word on the Le delivery dates ? Been off the grid last 12 days going home tomro what are we looking at

When did you order? The continuation of fulfillment for week-1 orders back in October has officially re-commenced. Several of us paid in full through distributors two weeks ago and were generally told “a few weeks” for delivery. I think we will start to see delivery confirmations starting this week. But it really depends when you ordered.

#7877 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Don’t act all butt hurt and then go back to LZ thread and trash talk GnR.oh yeah I’m a fanboy so don’t bother saying it!

#7878 3 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

Put my deposit for LE on Jan 22nd. So I’m after “first day” run but before price increase. Haven’t heard anything but hoping for June delivery. What do you all think, over/under June 15th delivery??

#7879 3 years ago
Quoted from Needmorcowbell:

Put my deposit for LE on Jan 22nd. So I’m after “first day” run but before price increase. Haven’t heard anything but hoping for June delivery. What do you all think, over/under June 15th delivery??

I ordered Day 1 through a distributor. No info yet, but likely this month. (Today is 4/4/21)
My order was just far enough down the list to not make it before the CE production run.
My guess is your order will be a few months later than June, but its only a guess.

#7880 3 years ago

Put a deposit down for an LE this past Friday and was told December.

This is my family’s second game (currently own a JP pro), first JJP, and first NIB pin. Are there any “must have” accessories/mods/upgrades that we should consider for our LE?

Also, are there any issues with the first-run LEs that have been identified and will be corrected with future production models? I am thinking of the clearcoat issue with the JP playfield that got corrected on our by stern since it was a later model. Just curious.

Thanks

#7881 3 years ago
Quoted from jacksparrow0112:

This is my family’s second game (currently own a JP pro), first JJP, and first NIB pin. Are there any “must have” accessories/mods/upgrades that we should consider for our LE?
Also, are there any issues with the first-run LEs that have been identified and will be corrected with future production models? I am thinking of the clearcoat issue with the JP playfield that got corrected on our by stern since it was a later model. Just curious.
Thanks

Definitely check out Liors mods:
https://littleshopofgames.com/product-category/the-art-of-pinball/

Also, there have been some process corrections and testing added to the playfields that hopefully catch or prevent some of the pooling/chipping issues that were on the early games. I chose to be optimistic.

#7882 3 years ago

Thanks

JJP games are solid and packed. Only thing you really need is an external sub and call it a day.

#7883 3 years ago
Quoted from Dkjimbo:

When did you order? The continuation of fulfillment for week-1 orders back in October has officially re-commenced. Several of us paid in full through distributors two weeks ago and were generally told “a few weeks” for delivery. I think we will start to see delivery confirmations starting this week. But it really depends when you ordered.

Great news I ordered hours after release .I asked to be kicked down the road wasn’t ready yet but paid in full 2 weeks ago also .Was told was at top of the list so happy days on the horizon :)Thanks

#7884 3 years ago

Thanks

Check out The Mod Couple

#7885 3 years ago

Pinwoofer kit is the only must have mod for this game at this point IMO

#7886 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Think I caught a bug. Appetite and UYI-1 both 3+ mins played but not lit for the album mode. Am I missing something?

Was patience involved? Might be related to that. Also hard to see full state with skill shot running since it dims a lot of lamps.

#7887 3 years ago

Over by about 60 days.

Quoted from Needmorcowbell:

#7888 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

JJP games are solid and packed. Only thing you really need is an external sub and call it a day.

Was at Costco Friday and saw they've dropped the price of their Klipsch 400W 12" subs to $150.

Overkill is good. Just saying.

#7889 3 years ago
Quoted from pinball_keefer:

Was patience involved? Might be related to that. Also hard to see full state with skill shot running since it dims a lot of lamps.

TLDR: I think the bug is somewhere in Chinese Democracy album time accumulating. Patience has something to do with it as well.

It’s happened twice to me. The first time was about a week ago and Patience absolutely was involved. I had completed everything in the game except Chinese Democracy. I played the song and last 2:56 seconds (doh! Just short to light the album). On my last ball i decided to play patience since it accumulates all albums. I completed and cashed out, but Chinese Democracy album was not lit.

On this most recent occurrence; i had lit and played tear down the wall first, demolition derby second, Tour, slash solo. Then i played better in Chinese democracy and completed the time limit and cashed out - however, the album did not light. I then played It’s so easy on Appetite and failed just shy of the 3 minute mark and decided to play patience to boost it above 3 mins.

However, i just looked back at my screenshot and it shows that Chinese Democracy album only has 52secs, but I did play Better and an encore (cashed out after).

So all in all i think the bug lies somewhere within Chinese Democracy and not accumulating time? Which therein bugged Appetite for Destruction album mode.

#7890 3 years ago

Back in business just in time my LE will delivered in a couple hours

#7891 3 years ago

What is the purpose of album sales in the game?

Thanks

#7892 3 years ago

Welcome back everybody! And now, on with the show....

#7893 3 years ago

LE 551 picked up yesterday from Trent (Tilt Amusements)!
Added mirror blades and shooter lane protector and it's good to go. This is actually a very hard game and takes a lot of getting used to! Very glad there are so many multi-ball opportunities.

PXL_20210409_200140745 (resized).jpgPXL_20210409_200140745 (resized).jpgPXL_20210410_210532475 (resized).jpgPXL_20210410_210532475 (resized).jpg
#7894 3 years ago
Quoted from daveyvandy:

LE 551 picked up yesterday from Trent (Tilt Amusements)!
Added mirror blades and shooter lane protector and it's good to go. This is actually a very hard game and takes a lot of getting used to! Very glad there are so many multi-ball opportunities. [quoted image][quoted image]

Congrats !

#7895 3 years ago
Quoted from chet218:

What is the purpose of album sales in the game?
Thanks

I think it effects bonus score?

#7896 3 years ago

Just sent my final payment. LE should ship next week. Ordered on Oct 8 after my day 1 CE order got axed. Excitement is building!!!

#7897 3 years ago

Hey pinheads. I got a GNR SE 3 days ago. My first jjp. 19th pin that have owned. Rock and pinball make the perfect combination and this is hands down the best pin I have owned. ACDC is close second.

The game build quality is very impressive. It's fast addictive and challenging. Perfect for home use. Light show, even on the SE, is incredible. 21 different songs each with their own multiball. Rules are deep but the album modes seem incomplete. Video graphics are awesome. 9 out of 10.

I adjusted the outlanes because they were brutal. Turned on attract mode in settings to play video and sound. Increase ball saver to 10 seconds from 6.

Dirty robot needed a timer. It was set to infinite. This mode should incorporate the mode button more. Like hit a shot then hit mode button.

Updated to 1.20 with USD stick.

Patches took me a while to figure out.

20210406_152941 (resized).jpg20210406_152941 (resized).jpg
#7898 3 years ago

Hi guys, i’m in with an SE... last update seem incompleted, is it a stern trick,like new code new code....however, huge pinball here, king of lucky to play it at home!!

#7899 3 years ago

This is my first post to Pinside. I’ve had a JP Premium for about 1 1/2 years and now a GnR LE for almost 3 weeks. Want to say that PinWoofer is definitely worth the investment in both machines. However, with GnR being a music pin it is a must have. Dan is great to work with and takes a very active role in being sure everything is just right. PinWoofer now has a tweeter upgrade for GnR that I installed today and this makes a huge difference. The sound is cleaned up and makes the sound what should be expected from a music pin. Thanks so much, Dan!!

#7900 3 years ago

Just got booed off stage twice in the same ball.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

8,250 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Glendora, CA
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 210.00
€ 69.00
Pinball Machine
Multiball mods

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

8,249 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Temple, TX
$ 60.00
Hardware
Pin Parts

$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 40.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

8,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Old Saybrook, CT
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

7,998 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Georgetown, KY
$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 28,388 posts in this topic. You are on page 158 of 568.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/158?hl=stags6969 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.