image0 (resized).jpeg
GnRAllenWrenchMod (resized).jpg
200w.gif
IMG_2222 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2652 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4454 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2642.gif

Topic index (key posts)

78 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 28,385 posts in this topic. You are on page 156 of 568.
#7751 3 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Thank you. Don't know how i lasted 3 mins on that shitty song.

You can choose what song you play by hitting the action button before the song starts (when the big tank is on the screen and announcer is introducing GNR).

#7752 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

AFAIK....
Album progress is time
Rock-it-meter is lit song shots
Band Frenzy is shooting the indicated band member shot until all the gun holes are filled.

album progress is progressed by shooting the scoop when shots are completed while in song. Each scoop shot is a level, which carries over to songs of the same album. At least thats how i experience it

#7753 3 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

This fucking game. Mr Brownstone last night, she said 'shoot the ramps'.
I hit left/right ramp combo 5 times. I never get 5 ramps in a row, never. Just not good enough at pinball to that.
Booed off stage.
Turned the game off in disgust.

Try not cradling the balls so much.

FYI the game boos if you do that during a song.

#7754 3 years ago
Quoted from cybevenom:

album progress is progressed by shooting the scoop when shots are completed while in song. Each scoop shot is a level, which carries over to songs of the same album. At least thats how i experience it

Album level (numeric) I think you're right, but I'm pretty sure album progress (silver/gold/platinum/diamond) is time.

#7755 3 years ago

Time to change my appetite for spaghetti for something more appetizing... or destructive
My "Appetite For Destruction" arrived today (Amazing, just 8 business days to Canada).

I want to thank Ken H. and Nathan L. from “Jersey Jack”... simply an amazing Customer Service! Thank you.

03A925F7-2497-421E-BFEC-2A528AC03A3A (resized).jpeg03A925F7-2497-421E-BFEC-2A528AC03A3A (resized).jpeg6AE7F14D-DFB1-4D13-82E0-280953C2F2AC (resized).jpeg6AE7F14D-DFB1-4D13-82E0-280953C2F2AC (resized).jpeg
#7756 3 years ago
Quoted from Rolls-Royce:

Time to change my appetite for spaghetti for something more appetizing... or destructive
My "Appetite For Destruction" arrived today (Amazing, just 8 business days to Canada).
I want to thank Ken H. and Nathan L. from “Jersey Jack”... simply an amazing Customer Service! Thank you.
[quoted image][quoted image]

How easy/hard was it to replace? And/or did you just put it on top of the other decal?

#7757 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

How easy/hard was it to replace? And/or did you just put it on top of the other decal?

Easy - I wrote up some simple instructions
here you go
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-game-6-collector-s-edition-/page/57#post-6189706

#7758 3 years ago

Indeed MT45, I bought the decal after I saw that wcbrandes bought his and you posted this ☝️.... also I will have in mind what PinMonk mentioned about the "Blue Loctite"

Thanks MT, wcbrandes and Pinmonk

#7759 3 years ago

Where is the decal? I searched their site, can’t find it.

Quoted from Rolls-Royce:

Indeed MT45, I bought the decal after I saw that wcbrandes bought his and you posted this ☝️.... also I will have in mind what PinMonk mentioned about the "Blue Loctite"
Thanks MT, wcbrandes and Pinmonk

#7760 3 years ago
Quoted from Rolls-Royce:

[quoted image][quoted image]

Man , what a nice piece of wood .

#7761 3 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Thank you. Don't know how i lasted 3 mins on that shitty song.

Funny, I never really knew Chinese Democracy before getting the GnR. Now it is one of my favourite songs and go to song choices.

#7762 3 years ago

Looks like tilt graphics had to pull the poster graphics they had on their legendary sideblades. Was the best part of the side blades. Still hoping that new ones come out

#7763 3 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

Put in a support ticket. $5.99 + shipping.

#7764 3 years ago

Looks like LEs are back on the line at JJP ! As of this morning!

#7765 3 years ago
Screenshot_20210331-081113_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20210331-081113_Chrome (resized).jpg
#7767 3 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

I called Customer Service Jalpert, they have them all in stock...

Quoted from screaminr:

Man , what a nice piece of wood .

My wife told me the same....

thanks Scream

#7768 3 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

Looks like LEs are back on the line at JJP ! As of this morning!

If they are that close to going in the box they have been on the line at least several days. The USA distributors who called some of us for payment two weeks ago and said “a few weeks for delivery” would suggest these are USA-bound games to the last batch of day 1 thru - day 7 orders or thereabouts

#7769 3 years ago
Quoted from Dkjimbo:

If they are that close to going in the box they have been on the line at least several days. The USA distributors who called some of us for payment two weeks ago and said “a few weeks for delivery” would suggest these are USA-bound games to the last batch of day 1 thru - day 7 orders or thereabouts

Happy for you LE buyers as it sounds like they will be on the line for quite sometime now!

#7770 3 years ago

I actually like my spaghetti incident decal as it is the only connection to that album in the game. With that being said I would PAY for future extra content in this game. Clearly the modes need polish and I expect that to develop with time but how much would you pay for an additional 5 song set in this game?

#7771 3 years ago
Quoted from Dashmonster:

I actually like my spaghetti incident decal as it is the only connection to that album in the game. With that being said I would PAY for future extra content in this game. Clearly the modes need polish and I expect that to develop with time but how much would you pay for an additional 5 song set in this game?

OH man, great question! I'd have to go back through their song library to try and identify which songs were left off, but if it were as simple as downloading an update to access the new content/modes I'd happily shell out a few hundred bucks. This is easily the most defining quality of the game to me, and something no other machine has been able to replicate yet, so I'd definitely want in on this!

#7772 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:You can choose what song you play by hitting the action button before the song starts (when the big tank is on the screen and announcer is introducing GNR).

Yes i know that thanks, i was exploring songs i hadn't played or played much purposely.

Quoted from Freakyguy666:

Try not cradling the balls so much.
FYI the game boos if you do that during a song.

I'm also aware of this too and i am just hit and hope muscle memory during songs, well pretty much any multiball on any machine.

#7773 3 years ago

Is there a way to tell how many balls have been locked in the guitar, by looking at the backboard or some other indicator? Currently, I can only tell by locking a new ball. Obviously, if you have locked 6 balls the song starts automatically.

#7774 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Album level (numeric) I think you're right, but I'm pretty sure album progress (silver/gold/platinum/diamond) is time.

you are fully correct on that sir.

#7775 3 years ago
Quoted from Dashmonster:

Zero dollars for additional songs. Please do not open this Pandora’s box! If you do, you will be paying for all sorts of things that one would expect to receive when you first bought the game. Look what has happened to video games as an example.

Now, if some other company wants to sell additional songs and code, that is a different animal.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#7776 3 years ago

The only song i like that GnR sing's is I used to love her. I didn't even know they originally sung it till i read it here. I thought it was a bluegrass band, Molly Hatchet or Devil Makes 3

I'd play that all the time if it was on there.

#7777 3 years ago
Quoted from AvidPinPlayer:

Is there a way to tell how many balls have been locked in the guitar, by looking at the backboard or some other indicator? Currently, I can only tell by locking a new ball. Obviously, if you have locked 6 balls the song starts automatically.

The icon turns solid green in the revolver above the flippers. 5 locked, 5 green icons, for example

#7778 3 years ago
Quoted from LukyDuck:

Zero dollars for additional songs. Please do not open this Pandora’s box! If you do, you will be paying for all sorts of things that one would expect to receive when you first bought the game. Look what has happened to video games as an example.

Too late. It's already happened with topper-specific game modes. Want that goat multiball? That will be $1000 more, please.

And with the internet-enabled system coming from Stern, I guarantee paid pinball DLC is already planned for network-enabled machines.

#7779 3 years ago
LEs enter stage right

58DD98C5-BD70-4ABD-9A83-A538F060FB65.gif58DD98C5-BD70-4ABD-9A83-A538F060FB65.gif
#7780 3 years ago
Quoted from LukyDuck:

100% agree. From what I can see (jumping to a conclusion here), the JJP programmers have a deep pinball passion and get enjoyment out of seeing people engrossed in new code/modes/light shows that they release as polish/updates, some of which was planned right from the start. They go back to older games when time and priorities permit and stay busy with their coding passion. If you now charge extra for updates, that pulls them away from other priorities and probably dims the free flow of coding artistic ideas. We already pay a high price for these games and the feedback from us customers will sometimes lead them to some tweaks. The coders are doing just fine and do it as a team effort.

#7781 3 years ago

Is it me or when you drain during a song that I haven't cashed out on yet, you don't see what the jackpot was and what you lost ? There should be a huge number showing what you lost so you can really get agrivated and call outs calling me a looser or something !

#7782 3 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

Is it me or when you drain during a song that I haven't cashed out on yet, you don't see what the jackpot was and what you lost ? There should be a huge number showing what you lost so you can really get agrivated and call outs calling me a looser or something !

This annoys me too. I never know just how upset to get.

#7783 3 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

Quoted from fnosm:

This annoys me too. I never know just how upset to get.

LOL exactly and agreed. IMDN power jackpot and loop jackpot are similar. As painful as it might be, I would like to know... what could have been.

#7784 3 years ago

I really don’t expect to see additional songs in new code updates. I paid for what I have and really only expect finished game modes. I would love it if JJP staff passionately uploaded new songs but some how I doubt it. Like it or not pay for upgrades are already here. 1k toppers and stranger things decoder rings have set the standard and I don’t think I’m letting the cat out of the bag. JJP knows they have a masterpiece with GnR and there is NO mod out there that would be better than more songs imo. 5 songs for $500 would be awesome! Lior already costing me way more than that lol

#7785 3 years ago

I have a DE GNR which will be next to my JJP GNR when it arrives. It has a Pinsound with unlimited GNR songs. Not worried about extra GNR songs but if they want to include them as code updates, we’ll why not? Now on the other hand, If GNR releases an exclusive never heard new song and mode only on the JJP GNR, we’ll take my money (again)

#7786 3 years ago

The extra song talk has been mentioned a few times but I would say if there’s any chance of it happening, it would probably have to be songs they played on tour so they could use the footage for them.

I guess for starters someone could try and compile a list of what they played at tour versus what’s on the game to see what potential choices could be.

#7787 3 years ago
Quoted from thechakapakuni:

I have a DE GNR which will be next to my JJP GNR when it arrives. It has a Pinsound with unlimited GNR songs. Not worried about extra GNR songs but if they want to include them as code updates, we’ll why not? Now on the other hand, If GNR releases an exclusive never heard new song and mode only on the JJP GNR, we’ll take my money

You have no idea how much I like the DE GN’R Chaka. If there’s one around for sale I’ll buy it on the spot. You’re very lucky to have one of those brother, cheers!

#7788 3 years ago

Songs played by tour: Not in this Lifetime

Song Play Count
1 Better Play Video stats
Chinese Democracy Play Video stats
Double Talkin' Jive Play Video stats
It's So Easy Play Video stats
Mr. Brownstone Play Video stats
Rocket Queen Play Video stats
Sweet Child o' Mine Play Video stats
Welcome to the Jungle Play Video stats
9 Estranged Play Video stats
Knockin' on Heaven's Door (Bob Dylan cover) Play Video stats
Live and Let Die (Wings cover) Play Video stats
Nightrain Play Video stats
November Rain Play Video stats
Paradise City Play Video stats
15 You Could Be Mine Play Video stats
16 Civil War Play Video stats
17 Coma Play Video stats
18 Wish You Were Here (Pink Floyd cover) Play Video stats
19 The Seeker (The Who cover) Play Video stats
20 Speak Softly Love (Love Theme From The Godfather) (Nino Rota cover) Play Video stats
21 This I Love Play Video stats
22 Slash Guitar Solo Play Video stats
23 Don't Cry Play Video stats
24 Patience Play Video stats
25 Attitude (Misfits cover) Play Video stats
26 Black Hole Sun (Soundgarden cover) Play Video stats
27 Yesterdays Play Video stats
28 Used to Love Her Play Video stats
29 My Michelle Play Video stats
30 Wichita Lineman (Jimmy Webb cover) Play Video stats
31 New Rose (The Damned cover) Play Video stats
32 Slither (Velvet Revolver cover) Play Video stats
33 Out Ta Get Me Play Video stats
34 Shadow of Your Love Play Video stats
35 Madagascar Play Video stats
36 Whole Lotta Rosie (AC/DC cover) Play Video stats
37 Sorry Play Video stats
38 Prostitute Play Video stats
39 Catcher in the Rye Play Video stats
40 There Was a Time Play Video stats
41 Raw Power (Iggy and The Stooges cover) Play Video stats
42 I Got You (I Feel Good) (James Brown cover) Play Video stats
Riff Raff (AC/DC cover) Play Video stats
44 Dead Horse Play Video stats
45 Locomotive Play Video stats
46 Nice Boys (Rose Tattoo cover) Play Video stats

#7789 3 years ago

Would’ve been nice to see Dead Horse and Yesterdays added to song list even though they only played them a few times on the tour..

Maybe do a vote like they did with Metallica when they added two more songs to the game.

#7790 3 years ago
Quoted from JoeinNJ:

Maybe do a vote like they did with Metallica when they added two more songs to the game.

Madagascar FTW

#7791 3 years ago

The game is a hit. They are going to be selling these for a while.

Hopefully they can justify a song bump just on sales alone, and more potential sales.

There are some really cool songs in that list.

Quoted from JoeinNJ:

Would’ve been nice to see Dead Horse and Yesterdays added to song list even though they only played them a few times on the tour..

#7792 3 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

Happy for you LE buyers as it sounds like they will be on the line for quite sometime now!

Hope so, I ordered first week from JJP and haven't heard word 1 since deposit. But whatever right, it's only $10k

#7793 3 years ago

There are so many more songs in this game than any game ever, by a lot. Let's concentrate on finishing and polishing the code. More songs would be great, but I'd rather have finished code. We aren't even close to that. And please stop offering to pay extra for content. That is the very last thing pinball needs. I know it's coming eventually but let's not embrace it yet.

#7794 3 years ago

<JJP> * Releases GNR with more songs and content than any band pin ever

<Pinside> Wah, I want more content

#7795 3 years ago

I don't understand how 21 full-length studio master recordings are not enough, especially if you stack against MET, ACDC, or Beatles.
We got "Live and Let Die!" You don't need more songs; you need more Ritalin.

People forget about music publishing and the costs & challenges behind it. Will we ever see another music pin with 21 or more songs in same price range? As Spock would say, "highly unlikely."
That artist or band would need to be just as passionate about pinball as Slash.

#7796 3 years ago
Quoted from DrJoe:

I'm waiting until Desert Demolition is coded and hopefully a fix for the magnet code before I update from 1.08. Nothing but a headache for virtually no gain the past few weeks on code. These mini updates seem useless, as all they are doing is fixing newly introduced bugs.

I have a dead thermal fuse also , not sure it ever worked. I saw the magnet core and never saw it stop there, so I tried it in coil test.
Thought it was something like WOZ where you disable the pop bumpers by holding the flippers. or activate the magnet with the apron button... guess not.

#7797 3 years ago
Quoted from highdef:

I don't understand how 21 full-length studio master recordings are not enough, especially if you stack against MET, ACDC, or Beatles.
We got "Live and Let Die!" You don't need more songs; you need more Ritalin.
People forget about music publishing and the costs & challenges behind it. Will we ever see another music pin with 21 or more songs in same price range? As Spock would say, "highly unlikely."
That artist or band would need to be just as passionate about pinball as Slash.

Very well said, Sir....I totally agree! Except no need to insult the guy, but I guess that’s the true Pinside spirit!

#7798 3 years ago
Quoted from Rolls-Royce:

You have no idea how much I like the DE GN’R Chaka. If there’s one around for sale I’ll buy it on the spot. You’re very lucky to have one of those brother, cheers!

I think they look great together May sell the DE at some point.

380F8F80-CF80-4F6E-B717-95733A896CB1 (resized).jpeg380F8F80-CF80-4F6E-B717-95733A896CB1 (resized).jpeg
#7799 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

<JJP> * Releases GNR with more songs and content than any band pin ever
<Pinside> Wah, I want more content

Yep been saying this since October 6.

#7800 3 years ago
Quoted from hocuslocus:

I have a dead thermal fuse also , not sure it ever worked. I saw the magnet core and never saw it stop there, so I tried it in coil test.
Thought it was something like WOZ where you disable the pop bumpers by holding the flippers. or activate the magnet with the apron button... guess not.

It’s probably rather widespread and people don’t know it. When it works properly the magnet grabs a ball hit to the orbits and drops it down the center top lane. I suspect that the long multiball modes are over-working it causing the failure. JJP quickly replaced my first one, and the new one failed after a game or two. I haven’t bothered again because they need a permanent fix (either via hardware or software).

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Plantsville, CT
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
The MOD Couple

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 210.00
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

Machine - For Sale
Warren, OH
$ 11,000.00
12,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Long Beach, NY
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 649.95
Lighting - Interactive
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

7,998 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Georgetown, KY
$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

There are 28,385 posts in this topic. You are on page 156 of 568.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/156?hl=dkjimbo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.