IMG_2435.gif
IMG_0331.gif
IMG_2432.gif
IMG_2249 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5614 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5615 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5616 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

78 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 28,084 posts in this topic. You are on page 155 of 562.
#7701 3 years ago
Quoted from hocuslocus:

Just got a GnR. came on the thread to see what I was missing, I assumed it was a plaque or something.
[quoted image][quoted image]

It's the numbered plaque. It should be in a small envelope. It may have been in the coin box with 2 screws. I found it a little odd it wasn't installed from the factory but it only took seconds to install.

#7702 3 years ago

Here is my plaque on top of the envelope it came in,

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#7703 3 years ago
Quoted from Shredso:

It's the numbered plaque. It should be in a small envelope. It may have been in the coin box with 2 screws. I found it a little odd it wasn't installed from the factory but it only took seconds to install.

ahhh.. ok I didn't even look, Thought it was just replacement plastics and stuff.
Yeah that is a little odd, I just assumed they forgot it.
Thanks!

#7704 3 years ago
Quoted from hocuslocus:

Just got a GnR. came on the thread to see what I was missing, I assumed it was a plaque or something.
is it two more black screws in those holes?
[quoted image][quoted image]

There was a bag/folder on your box when you got the machine that said “OPEN FIRST” that contains, among other things, the plaque that goes there.

#7705 2 years ago

I'm about to download 1.19, I have 1.16 currently. can I do the delta update or do I need the full install via USB? thx in advance. Ryan

#7706 2 years ago

Delta is good.

Quoted from rwalters21:

I'm about to download 1.19, I have 1.16 currently. can I do the delta update or do I need the full install via USB? thx in advance. Ryan

#7707 2 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

Delta is good.

keep getting a failed to update message...ugh.

#7708 2 years ago
Quoted from rwalters21:

Start over. Follow directions carefully. Try a different USB stick.

LTG : )

#7709 2 years ago

My flipper is stuck. How do I fix this???

20210329_144427 (resized).jpg20210329_144427 (resized).jpg
#7710 2 years ago

Take the glass off. Lift the playfield. See what's going on first. See what is binding.

#7711 2 years ago
Quoted from Anubis330:

My flipper is stuck. How do I fix this???

This :

Quoted from NightTrain:

Take the glass off. Lift the playfield. See what's going on first. See what is binding.

I'd lift the playfield and see if return spring broke or coil stop is loose.

#7712 2 years ago
Quoted from Leo13:

I'm interested too in installing a soundbar, so any detail about your setup will be highly appreciated

Installed a Samsung HW-400N and an active Subwoofer. Both are feed with a small Bluetooth receiver and a Y-Splitter.
Tried to connect them direct. But the line out signal is too low. It is possible to use internal speakers for a quick game or jump to the extraordinary sound via Bluetooth with this setup.

Topper is made by https://maypin.eu/gnr

#7713 2 years ago
Quoted from rwalters21:

Like Lloyd said try another stick, but fwiw, I could not do a delta update from 1.17 to 1.18 or 1.19 and had to do a full install both times.

#7714 2 years ago

I've attempted both a USB delta and full update on two different USB drives.

The delta update just immediately states 'update failed.' I've followed the instructions and attempted two different USB drives, same behavior.

The USB NIC appears to be working when it's plugged into the cable (I can scan for networks, join one, and obtain an IP address), so I assume the cable is good / USB port is working.

After deploying the ISO using unetbootin I power cycle the game but it boots normally, no software update. Same behavior for both drives, though one is 32GB and I read that can be problematic.

Trying a third (smaller) USB drive (128mb) for a delta update now. Any tips?

#7715 2 years ago

I have had good success following this pdf from American pinball first.
http://s4.american-pinball.com/img/support/2021-1/USB-drive-formatting-procedure.pdf

Then following the instructions from JJP to the letter.
Also I like RUFUS better than the Ubootin.

Also, just in case, you should power cycle your machine before attempting the update.

#7716 2 years ago

Guess all I needed to do was complain on Pinside. Copied the delta update to a 256mb USB drive, plugged it in, and updated with no issues.

Just swapped a Dialed In for GNR. In my Dialed In, the high scores had photos that were displayed. For some reason, I thought my GNR initially did it and may have stopped when I disabled the 'adult' language. Is GNR capable of keeping/showing photos when people set GC / high scores? That's a feature my kids loved and consistently wore costumes, etc when playing. My son had a giant chicken head (think school mascot) up as HS#3 for awhile.

Maybe that's not a thing, but could have swore I saw it. Looking at the manual now.

#7717 2 years ago

NM, I see it in the Camera settings in the manual. Must have accidentally disabled it. Back I go to the machine!

#7718 2 years ago
Quoted from wilsonza:

Guess all I needed to do was complain on Pinside. Copied the delta update to a 256mb USB drive, plugged it in, and updated with no issues.
Just swapped a Dialed In for GNR. In my Dialed In, the high scores had photos that were displayed. For some reason, I thought my GNR initially did it and may have stopped when I disabled the 'adult' language. Is GNR capable of keeping/showing photos when people set GC / high scores? That's a feature my kids loved and consistently wore costumes, etc when playing. My son had a giant chicken head (think school mascot) up as HS#3 for awhile.
Maybe that's not a thing, but could have swore I saw it. Looking at the manual now.

It is definitely a thing. go through your game settings.

Also you can configure it for each game by holding down the right flipper button before starting the game.

#7719 2 years ago
Quoted from wilsonza:

I've attempted both a USB delta and full update on two different USB drives.
The delta update just immediately states 'update failed.' I've followed the instructions and attempted two different USB drives, same behavior.
The USB NIC appears to be working when it's plugged into the cable (I can scan for networks, join one, and obtain an IP address), so I assume the cable is good / USB port is working.
After deploying the ISO using unetbootin I power cycle the game but it boots normally, no software update. Same behavior for both drives, though one is 32GB and I read that can be problematic.
Trying a third (smaller) USB drive (128mb) for a delta update now. Any tips?

EDIT: I see you already got yours going. Disregard below.

Attach a USB keyboard, log into the computer BIOS and check the boot order to make sure USB is ahead of hard drive. Someone else had this issue and that solved it - it never saw the USB because hard drive was ahead of it on the boot order.

#7720 2 years ago

Where can I buy a GNR Standard? I'm in FL. Used or new.

#7721 2 years ago

My GNR SE (250 plays) started giving me a test report when I turn it on.
It says Check matrixed switch#18, Bumper Rubber (stuck closed).
This is my first pin, so I'm a total newb.
Anyone have any ideas what I'm supposed to do?
Thanks

#7722 2 years ago
Quoted from DaveBen:

Anyone have any ideas what I'm supposed to do?

Locate it - unstick it. Rubber ring around it may be too tight. Or leaf blade switch needs adjusting.

#7723 2 years ago
Quoted from Av8:

Where can I buy a GNR Standard? I'm in FL. Used or new.

Screenshot_20210329-182829_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20210329-182829_Chrome (resized).jpg
#7724 2 years ago

Hrm, I’m seeing a “take a photo during high score” setting. It’s on and the machine takes a photo when I set one. But it doesn’t display them along with the high scores in attract mode. Any ideas which setting it is?

#7725 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Start over. Follow directions carefully. Try a different USB stick.

different USB did the trick, thanks LTG.

#7726 2 years ago

What is the purpose of the flashing light over the far right outlane? Above the skull?

#7727 2 years ago

I noticed one of the patches lights Special - where is the Special insert on the playfield? Is there one?

#7728 2 years ago

For anyone waiting on this game, Cliffs is about 4 weeks out. Might want to have that waiting:

http://passionforpinball.com/wip.htm

Also, shooter lane protectors are back in stock at Memel mods. These are hard to find, I’d have these waiting as well.

https://mezelmods.com/products/pinball-shooter-lane-protector?bis_id=PegVRwG&utm_campaign=stock-notification&utm_content=Pinball%20Shooter%20Lane%20Protector&utm_medium=email&utm_source=back-in-stock&variant=32785326145633

#7729 2 years ago
Quoted from wilsonza:

Hrm, I’m seeing a “take a photo during high score” setting. It’s on and the machine takes a photo when I set one. But it doesn’t display them along with the high scores in attract mode. Any ideas which setting it is?

It doesn't do it every cycle. Just wait. (Or cycle through the attract pages more rapidly using the flipper buttons.)

#7730 2 years ago

TWIPY game of the year acceptance speeches:

#7731 2 years ago

That's pretty cool. It's nice to see the whole team that makes the magic happen. Not just the amazing programmers and designers, but the team on the line that bolts it all together. It's truly an amazing game. JJP has come a long way from where they started. Their games are incredible and have changed the pinball industry forever. I'm definitely a fan.

#7732 2 years ago

This fucking game. Mr Brownstone last night, she said 'shoot the ramps'.
I hit left/right ramp combo 5 times. I never get 5 ramps in a row, never. Just not good enough at pinball to that.

Booed off stage.

Turned the game off in disgust.

#7733 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I noticed one of the patches lights Special - where is the Special insert on the playfield? Is there one?

Good question. I have been looking for it as well. Must be coming in the code update with Desert Demolition

#7734 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

I hit left/right ramp combo 5 times. I never get 5 ramps in a row, never. Just not good enough at pinball to that.
Booed off stage.

I find that very strange. It is hard to get booed off the stage especially if you’re making shots. There might be a setting to turn off the boo meter?

#7735 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Booed off stage.

Did you make sure your ramps switches rod is on right. Mine on the left kept falling off until i bent it in the center.

#7736 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Booed off stage.

Sometimes those callouts don't reflect the current state. You want to shoot the lit shots for the song, red/yellow flashing for AFD songs.

Specifically, Mr. Brownstone frequently shuts down all the shots except the center spinner, then opens more after you hit it.

This is maybe a stretch but I actually see that as song theme integration - the repeated need to shoot that shot represents the demands of the needle for a heroin addict.

#7737 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Booed off stage.

If I understand the rules correctly (which I may not), those shots aren't what fills that meter. I thought the meter gets filled by the respective bandmember shot that is designated hear the bottom of that meter. (see blue arrow in picture below, Axl/Microphone in this picture)

Or am I way off here?
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#7738 2 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

If I understand the rules correctly (which I may not), those shots aren't what fills that meter. I thought the meter gets filled by the respective bandmember shot that is designated hear the bottom of that meter. (see blue arrow in picture below, Axl/Microphone in this picture)
Or am I way off here?
[quoted image]

AFAIK....

Album progress is time
Rock-it-meter is lit song shots
Band Frenzy is shooting the indicated band member shot until all the gun holes are filled.

#7739 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

AFAIK....
Album progress is time
Rock-it-meter is lit song shots
Band Frenzy is shooting the indicated band member shot until all the gun holes are filled.

That would make more sense I suppose.

#7740 2 years ago
Quoted from daveyvandy:

TWIPY game of the year acceptance speeches:

A> Starting the video with "Yeah, hey, I'm Slash" was unexpectedly charming. Is there anyone with interest in this video unaware of what Slash look like?
B> Didn't know Slash called JJP and not the other way around to get the jjGnR project started.
C> Hearing Slash say "and so on and so forth" was worth the watch alone.

#7741 2 years ago

Just got 'Shall we Play a Game?'. I thought the machine had reset as the little writing came up on the screen after propoganda something, like when it starts up. Is that suppossed to happen?

#7742 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Just got 'Shall we Play a Game?'. I thought the machine had reset as the little writing came up on the screen after propoganda something, like when it starts up. Is that suppossed to happen?

Pretty hilarious huh!

#7743 2 years ago

As usual, nfi how i did it.

Don't even know what the girl means when she say's 'hit the targets'. Does she mean the little standups next to the ramp?

Never have time to look up.

#7744 2 years ago

yeah the first time i reached that mode was after the code update and thought damn My game is like the others saying they had game resets after code update but it was that WOPR mode and had to crack up.. Went from goosbumps playing to cold chills running up my back when it did that Fake shutdown . That never happened to me during Jurrasic Park during its shutdown mode .lol the realism of this Not in this lifetime Pinball machine is second to none.. Real Concert and immersive feeling

Quoted from zaphX:Pretty hilarious huh!

#7745 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

A> Starting the video with "Yeah, hey, I'm Slash" was unexpectedly charming. Is there anyone with interest in this video unaware of what Slash look like?
B> Didn't know Slash called JJP and not the other way around to get the jjGnR project started.
C> Hearing Slash say "and so on and so forth" was worth the watch alone.

That was pretty sweet how the band checked in to thank everybody involved.I do know that Slash actually had an interest in the 1994 machine being made.I could never be too cool to not want to be on a pinball machine!

#7746 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Don't even know what the girl means when she say's 'hit the targets'. Does she mean the little standups next to the ramp?
Never have time to look up.

I feel like this callout gets thrown in there and doesn't make sense sometimes. She will say "Hit the targets!", but the ramps are lit....

#7747 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Don't even know what the girl mean

You played a song from Chinese Democracy for more than 3 minutes. Then you hit the scoop to start the mode.

All of the album "wizard modes" are qualified from playing a song off their respective album for 3 minutes or more.

#7748 2 years ago

Thank you. Don't know how i lasted 3 mins on that shitty song.

#7749 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Thank you. Don't know how i lasted 3 mins on that shitty song.

I have a hard time lasting three minutes too. Oh wait, are we taking about pinball still?

#7750 2 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

Finally got this to update from 1.16 to 1.19. I had to do a full delta upgrade direct to the motherboard. So turned it on and went to usb update, unplugged the cord pictured. Put in the usb and clicked enter to update. It did it super quick so I thought it failed but it actually worked!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

My upgrade did not work so I tried another USB stick. That one did not work. I did a quick search of this thread and found this post. Worked perfect! Thanks!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
12,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Long Beach, NY
$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Sound/Speakers
7,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Odessa, FL
$ 649.95
Lighting - Interactive
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Interactive
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 210.00
Flipper Parts
Pin Monk
Flipper parts
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro
Pinball Machine
7,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Indianapolis, IN
$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
Hardware
Pinball Haven
Hardware
$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 100.00
Boards
Led Pinball
Boards
€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Moreno Valley, CA
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball
Electronics
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 28,084 posts in this topic. You are on page 155 of 562.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/155 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.