IMG_2676.gif
IMG_0960 (resized).jpeg
image1 (resized).jpeg
image0 (resized).jpeg
GnRAllenWrenchMod (resized).jpg
200w.gif
IMG_2222 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

78 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 28,400 posts in this topic. You are on page 154 of 568.
#7651 3 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

I can literally push it together and if the remove the rails screw it slides out further. If the rail screw and hinge wasn’t holding it together with would separate completely.
I’ll take a pic with the tap measure. If I knew how to share videos on here I would show you

You have to upload videos to youtube then post a link here and pinside embeds the video. There's no direct uploading to pinside of mp4s, even for paid pinsiders.

If you can literally move the wood in with squeezing finger pressure, that sounds more like a JJP support ticket, which isn't very rock'n'roll, but alas...

#7652 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

You have to upload videos to youtube then post a link here and pinside embeds the video. There's no direct uploading to pinside of mp4s, even for paid pinsiders.
If you can literally move the wood in with squeezing finger pressure, that sounds more like a JJP support ticket, which isn't very rock'n'roll, but alas...

Yeah, I did submit I was just curious if it’s a problem others have had and how was it handled by jjp. They are reviewing it now

Try this link. Maybe google photos works

https://photos.app.goo.gl/UN2Cg9CBWR12xfX49

#7653 3 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

Yeah, I did submit I was just curious if it’s a problem others have had and how was it handled by jjp. They are reviewing it now

Wow, that's pretty severe. I can't imagine that wouldn't be a warranty fix.

#7654 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Wow, that's pretty severe.

Yeah, it’s really weird it happened. I’ve never seen it on any other but I baby my pins when I play them and have never moved it since setting it up.

#7655 3 years ago
Quoted from daveyvandy:

I talked to my distributor last Thursday and he said he had called JJP that day and that JJP told him to expect a shipment of LE's in a "couple weeks". Mine will be in that shipment and I was a week one order. I'm hoping for it to arrive in a "couple weeks"

I am a week 14 order my version of a “couple weeks” is “couple months” at least I beat the 1k price increase

#7656 3 years ago
Quoted from wilsonza:

Picked up an SE. Not a huge GNR fan (or band themes in general). Holy smokes, this machine is amazing. Just ordered clips for a sub and can’t wait. I’m now contemplating ordering an LE. Anyone had time on both? This seems like it would feel faster outside of muktiball, but the light show, ball locks, and mini play field look pretty awesome.
As an aside, my game is leveled left-right, but my skill shot is draining a notable portion of the time. It’s not immediately clear what the issue is. Anyone experienced that?

wilsonza https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/130#post-6161174

#7657 3 years ago
Quoted from Rocanich:

Hi gunners,
finished the topper incl. soundbar yesterday. Now the LE is the better CE because of it's artwork [quoted image]

Lol so you also added the sparkle playfields, synchronized LEDs in the topper, Coma lock, signed band card/drumsticks, back/under lighting, laser rail etching, skull/rose sculptures, and mirrored backbox/RadCals? My CE would beg to differ.

But honestly, I thought the LE artwork was better too until I saw both. The sparkle and the mirroring are hard to photograph but are killer in person. Every tooth of the daggers on the Barron shine in the light, same with the lightning on the backbox. Take a look at one if you get the chance.

Your mod looks good tho. Hopefully more to come!

#7658 3 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

From your decals to the actual cabinet , I hate to say it but your game is a lemon . Apparently jjp is only doing buybacks , which I think is pretty shity , please keep us updated on how you go , I really hope you get a satisfactory outcome .

#7659 3 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

From your decals to the actual cabinet , I hate to say it but your game is a lemon . Apparently jjp is only doing buybacks , which I think is pretty shity , please keep us updated on how you go , I really hope you get a satisfactory outcome .

Will do, playfield is good so really just the cab. I guess if they buyback that’s ok as long as it’s what I paid

#7660 3 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

The buy back thing is totally shitty because it means you have two choices, keep the pin with whatever factory defects it has, or buy it again at $1000 price increase, and also go to the back of the line. And this still doesn't guarantee you'll end up with a defect free pin. You'd be better off buying pre-owned, but that could cost even more than the NIB price. JJP is getting away with this because A) their product is in demand so they can do whatever they want, and B) many distros will buffer JJP and do more (than JJP) to keep their customers happy.

#7661 3 years ago

After a couple hundred plays, I'm suddenly getting a lot of air balls when the left ramp diverter is up. Flying left to right across the top of the playfield. As far as I can tell, everything looks the way that it always has.

#7662 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Consumables I keep, in increasing order of replacement frequency:
- Flipper rubbers
- Slingshot rubbers
- Coil Sleeves
- Balls
- The rest of the rubbers for the game
- Flipper rebuild kits

Love this Derek!

You should start a new topic to compile a list of the spares to have on hand. Maybe a basic, intermediate and advanced list?

#7663 3 years ago
Quoted from fnosm:

Love this Derek!
You should start a new topic to compile a list of the spares to have on hand. Maybe a basic, intermediate and advanced list?

i just realized I misspoke and those are in DECREASING replacement frequency. Whoops

Flipper rubbers wear fastest, rebuild kits slowest.

#7664 3 years ago

The LE artwork is embedded in the High Score Screens and information screens in the game so the CE buyers do not miss this art at all being it is in the game and on the most magnificent monitor Screens on any Pinball game.
After Owning this First JJP Game i realize that the Stern screens are just not good enough and should come with Similar to JJP standard screens being their games are now 6k for a freaking Pro and all that is , a glorified Homepin with a coin door /

Quoted from adrock:

Lol so you also added the sparkle playfields, synchronized LEDs in the topper, Coma lock, signed band card/drumsticks, back/under lighting, laser rail etching, skull/rose sculptures, and mirrored backbox/RadCals? My CE would beg to differ.
But honestly, I thought the LE artwork was better too until I saw both. The sparkle and the mirroring are hard to photograph but are killer in person. Every tooth of the daggers on the Barron shine in the light, same with the lightning on the backbox. Take a look at one if you get the chance.
Your mod looks good tho. Hopefully more to come!

#7665 3 years ago

If you’re happy with it that’s all that matters.

Quoted from PinFever:

The LE artwork is embedded in the High Score Screens and information screens in the game so the CE buyers do not miss this art at all being it is in the game and on the most magnificent monitor Screens on any Pinball game.

#7666 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

i just realized I misspoke and those are in DECREASING replacement frequency. Whoops
Flipper rubbers wear fastest, rebuild kits slowest.

Might want to add flipper bushings to this list, already had one break on the right hand side. I can't recall a bushing breaking with so little play on it, less than 2000 plays. Also, you might want to add e-clips to the flipper buttons or replace them as both of mine have popped out more than once. JJP should add these e-clips so we don't have to.

#7667 3 years ago

Congrats Hogbog pinball_keefer LTG and everyone at JJP! Fantastic Game setting the high bar! #GOTY

80BB2A9E-056C-494E-B8C4-C0077B6002DF.jpeg80BB2A9E-056C-494E-B8C4-C0077B6002DF.jpeg

74E522DB-EEAA-4888-8B43-941D42BCF4FA.gif74E522DB-EEAA-4888-8B43-941D42BCF4FA.gif
#7668 3 years ago

Congrats Hogbog and everyone at Jersey Jack Pinball for sweeping the Twipy's. Well deserverd on this stellar game.

#7669 3 years ago

Awesome GOTY video by JJP. Class! Who else celebrated with a game (or two or thirteen) on GNR!?!

#7670 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Awesome GOTY video by JJP. Class! Who else celebrated with a game (or two or thirteen) on GNR!?!

Wish I could! Soon enough... paid for my day 2 order last week before last for an LE. Hoping maybe the week of 4/5?

#7671 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

i have been playing all day so far

#7672 3 years ago

Wondering if anyone has tried this mod to improve sound quality. If so any issues such as humming or does anyone know if you can screw up the game by trying this?

#7673 3 years ago

Before I reach out to Jersey Jack does anybody know this problem. My diverter to the upper playfield stopped working. After several games of not working I noticed these two screws were loose. I tightened them down which holds the diverter above the ramp. The diverter is still not working. Any suggestions?

20210328_125252 (resized).jpg20210328_125252 (resized).jpg
#7674 3 years ago
Quoted from eagleeyemma:

Before I reach out to Jersey Jack does anybody know this problem. My diverter to the upper playfield stopped working. After several games of not working I noticed these two screws were loose. I tightened them down which holds the diverter above the ramp. The diverter is still not working. Any suggestions?
[quoted image]

Take a look at the keyed posts or search diverter in this thread. Here’s one recently that hopefully gets you on the right track.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/150#post-6197319

#7675 3 years ago

Are the spinners supposed to light up? Or is it a reflection that causes the effect? I was listening to Eric’s interview on final round that just released this weekend, awesome interview btw - I’m only 30 mins in so far, and Eric talked about how he got lighted spinners in the game.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#7676 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Or is it a reflection that causes the effect?

This. And the fact that they are clear with a sticker.

LTG : )

#7677 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

This. And the fact that they are clear with a sticker.
LTG : )

Got it! Just played a game and noticed it. Never noticed that before haha. Probably cause the game is so fast with lighting effects everywhere, blends in nicely.

#7678 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Take a look at the keyed posts or search diverter in this thread. Here’s one recently that hopefully gets you on the right track.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/150#post-6197319

Talking about the diverter that goes from to the upper playfield or back to the lower playfield when you dont have the band members to be able to lock. Been following these post since the beginning and have not seen anyone have this kind of problem

#7679 3 years ago

Recently when the balls drop off the left side of the guitar head they go straight down the middle... almost every time. The guides all seem to be lined up correctly but the diverter has a very slight loose delay as it drops changing the balls trajectory. Does anyone know of an adjustment that I can make?

#7680 3 years ago
Quoted from eagleeyemma:

Talking about the diverter that goes from to the upper playfield or back to the lower playfield when you dont have the band members to be able to lock. Been following these post since the beginning and have not seen anyone have this kind of problem

Gotcha. I imagine the coil doesn’t work in test either? Have you checked connections of the coil? Maybe (hopefully) it’s something simple like the wire coming off the lug.

#7681 3 years ago
Quoted from Chetrico:

Recently when the balls drop off the left side of the guitar head they go straight down the middle... almost every time. The guides all seem to be lined up correctly but the diverter has a very slight loose delay as it drops changing the balls trajectory. Does anyone know of an adjustment that I can make?

Pitch (I’m at 6.8 roughly) and playing with the VUK fire times helped me. Settings > coil settings.

7287EC23-1D70-4096-A18B-9F5794736D9A (resized).jpeg7287EC23-1D70-4096-A18B-9F5794736D9A (resized).jpeg
#7682 3 years ago
Quoted from Chetrico:

I slightly bent the metal edges of the guitar neck toward the middle. This makes the balls contact the triangular plastic on the way out end steers them away from the center drain. This greatly improved it for me to where it’s rare.

#7683 3 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

Are you sure its just not the metal rail not being attached good to the side? They use shitty tape to stick them to the cabinet. Both MY JJP games are not even stuck in the middle and have plenty of movement like yours, Willy Wonka and GNR.

#7684 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Gotcha. I imagine the coil doesn’t work in test either? Have you checked connections of the coil? Maybe (hopefully) it’s something simple like the wire coming off the lug.

No it does no and that's why I'm stumped.

#7685 3 years ago
Quoted from Leachdude:

Are you sure its just not the metal rail not being attached good to the side? They use shitty tape to stick them to the cabinet. Both MY JJP games are not even stuck in the middle and have plenty of movement like yours, Willy Wonka and GNR.

No, it’s tight. I sent them a video showing that as well to jjp. I’ve powered coated a couple of pins so have taken off rails both screwed and taped. I was hoping it was the rail as I have super strong double sided tape I’d use to fix it

Here is the link with that video added

#7686 3 years ago

game should be coming in a few days(le). What is the correct pitch for this game and what are most setting their flippers to? JJP flippers are always weak to me and need to be dialed up. When I played GnR on location I still felt same way.

#7687 3 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

game should be coming in a few days(le). What is the correct pitch for this game and what are most setting their flippers to? JJP flippers are always weak to me and need to be dialed up. When I played GnR on location I still felt same way.

Recommended is 6.5. I have mine around 6.8 and love it. Karl with IE pinball has his around 7 deg and looks to play amazing on his streams. Both Karl and I readjusted the flippers to be parallel with the inlane guides so returns are smoother. I have my flipper power on the lower flippers +1 over factory. Upper right flipper defaults to a much lower power than the game initially shipped with so I have that around +6 or so of the new default setting.

#7688 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Recommended is 6.5. I have mine around 6.8 and love it. Karl with IE pinball has his around 7 deg and looks to play amazing on his streams. Both Karl and I readjusted the flippers to be parallel with the inlane guides so returns are smoother. I have my flipper power on the lower flippers +1 over factory. Upper right flipper defaults to a much lower power than the game initially shipped with so I have that around +6 or so of the new default setting.

thanks. I usually prefer steeper than 6.5 with 6.8 being my sweet spot so Ill mess around with it. Will start with +1 on the lowers. Are you saying that recent updates have brought the upper right flipper power down signifacantly so you increased it a bunch?

#7689 3 years ago
Quoted from Chetrico:

What the ball closely as it drops from the left lock release. It is probably hitting the habitrail and deflecting towards the middle. Adhering a piece of felt or such onto the wireform can help.

#7690 3 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

thanks. I usually prefer steeper than 6.5 with 6.8 being my sweet spot so Ill mess around with it. Will start with +1 on the lowers. Are you saying that recent updates have brought the upper right flipper power down signifacantly so you increased it a bunch?

Yes. You’ll have to play with the power settings when you get yours to find the sweet spot.

#7691 3 years ago

Anyone know how long it takes to get replacement parts from JJP? I requested a replacement rotating light for mine that broke several weeks ago, and they said they would send one but no word since then.

#7692 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Yes. You’ll have to play with the power settings when you get yours to find the sweet spot.

ty

#7693 3 years ago
Quoted from adrock:

Anyone know how long it takes to get replacement parts from JJP? I requested a replacement rotating light for mine that broke several weeks ago, and they said they would send one but no word since then.

They’ve sent me multiple parts over the years, including several this past five months for GNR (including a spotlight assembly!). Always shipped within day or so. Probably worth following up.

#7694 3 years ago
Quoted from wdbthree:

They’ve sent me multiple parts over the years, including several this past five months for GNR (including a spotlight assembly!). Always shipped within day or so. Probably worth following up.

Thanks, I will. Was it hard to replace the spot?

#7695 3 years ago

Patch question. I know patches have pairs you need to get. Like the gun patch and rose patch to complete the set. Does it show it on the screen what the matches are for each patch? Say I choose lol gets, it should show somewhere the other 3 I need to get!

#7696 3 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Patch question. I know patches have pairs you need to get. Like the gun patch and rose patch to complete the set. Does it show it on the screen what the matches are for each patch? Say I choose lol gets, it should show somewhere the other 3 I need to get!

I think the patch sets are intended to be a surprise/something to figure out on your own.

#7697 3 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Use the lockbar button color as a clue

#7698 3 years ago
Quoted from adrock:

I think the patch sets are intended to be a surprise/something to figure out on your own.

Quoted from DrJoe:

Use the lockbar button color as a clue

Keith if you see this can you add this as a code update?

#7699 3 years ago
Quoted from adrock:

If you want to know what patches and patch sets do, you can go here.

http://tiltforums.com/t/guns-n-roses-jjp-rulesheet/6803

#7700 3 years ago

Just got a GnR. came on the thread to see what I was missing, I assumed it was a plaque or something.
is it two more black screws in those holes?

Resized_20210328_214725 (resized).jpegResized_20210328_214725 (resized).jpeg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 210.00
€ 69.00
Pinball Machine
Multiball mods

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

8,249 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Temple, TX
$ 60.00
Hardware
Pin Parts

$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 40.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Machine - For Sale
St. Clair Shores, MI
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 28,400 posts in this topic. You are on page 154 of 568.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/154?hl=dkjimbo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.