IMG_2002 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2003 (resized).jpeg
1C8AE00A-E658-441F-8C85-35F46CC105C1 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3148 (resized).jpeg
20240407_215717 (resized).jpg
20240407_215654 (resized).jpg
20240407_215630 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

78 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 28,298 posts in this topic. You are on page 153 of 566.
#7601 3 years ago

Oh please. Everyone knows the upper playfield on WWFRR is superior lol

#7602 3 years ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

What about WWE!

#7603 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Best mini pf in pinball.

If this is true. You have to give it to ACNC for being first and having pretty much the same shots.

#7604 3 years ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

Another great upper playfield. Forgot about that. The tiny little kickback shot is so great.

#7605 3 years ago

Just looked and mines off to! Got to adjust the shooter lane stopper a bit to so it stops letting the balls come backwards while I'm in there.

20210325_161623 (resized).jpg20210325_161623 (resized).jpg
#7606 3 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

Just looked and mines off to! Got to adjust the shooter lane stopper a bit to so it stops letting the balls come backwards while I'm in there.
[quoted image]

Mine kept on coming off too. So I took a pair of needle noses stretched it out stuck it back in and then gently bent it downwards and it hasn't come out since and works perfectly

#7607 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

If this is true. You have to give it to ACNC for being first and having pretty much the same shots.

Well, I take the whole design into consideration. But yes, ACNC is another great one and such a cool game too!

#7608 3 years ago
Quoted from TaTa:

Mine kept on coming off too. So I took a pair of needle noses stretched it out stuck it back in and then gently bent it downwards and it hasn't come out since and works perfectly

Same. Spreading out the "W" a little is all it really takes.

#7609 3 years ago

Can someone point me to the post where the balls draining from the guitar lock fix is please? i remember it was a rail bend or a little clear bump glued on, but can't remember the details.
My left one is stdtm 90%

#7610 3 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Can someone point me to the post where the balls draining from the guitar lock fix is please? i remember it was a rail bend or a little clear bump glued on, but can't remember the details.
My left one is stdtm 90%

For me, slightly squeezing in the metal guitar neck border greatly improved this.
It makes the balls hit the plastic in the center on the way out which aims them away from the center drain.

#7611 3 years ago

Thanks mate. Just with your hand?

#7612 3 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

My left one is stdtm 90%

Coil settings > guitar locks > play with the speeds. I think I went down one notch on my left lock, but up one notch on the right.

#7613 3 years ago

Big Lebowski has the best upper playfield. Loop shot, targets, the car toy. Doesn’t get much better. But i will check back in after I unbox my GNR LE

#7614 3 years ago
Quoted from TaTa:

I should have elaborated on where I bent it. After it goes through the ramp on the outside is where I bent it downwards to lock it in

#7615 3 years ago

My ball keeps on getting stuck on the inside spinner to the right side of it when returning to the flippers. It wasn't happening in the beginning at all but now it's starting to do so regularly. I know someplace way back in this thread there was a fix for this. Any help would be much appreciated

#7616 3 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Thanks mate. Just with your hand?

Yeah it really doesn't take much pressure/bending at all. I can't even visibly see a change after I did it.

Does this mean you've decided to keep it?

#7617 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Yeah it really doesn't take much pressure/bending at all. I can't even visibly see a change after I did it.
Does this mean you've decided to keep it?

slowed the release speed down by one and will see what that does.

I've taken the ad down, but the right offer would still see it go. It's a great machine, i'm just not a good enough player to get the fun out of it. Just played a game this morning, two songs started, thirst for carnage went really well etc. 1.5m

It'll stay i reckon, but down the back with Hobbit, Houdini Alice Cooper and other games i rarely play.

#7618 3 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

slowed the release speed down by one and will see what that does.
I've taken the ad down, but the right offer would still see it go. It's a great machine, i'm just not a good enough player to get the fun out of it. Just played a game this morning, two songs started, thirst for carnage went really well etc. 1.5m
It'll stay i reckon, but down the back with Hobbit, Houdini Alice Cooper and other games i rarely play.

I tried the release speed too, but ultimately changed it back. The slight rail bend did the most good for me on the problem.

My personal observation and belief is that if one side (or both) are SDTMing, the balls are resting far enough away from the center triangular plastic that it doesn't make contact on the way out...meaning it will not be "steered" left or right and instead follow the whim of gravity and whatever bounce it gets on the way down.

#7619 3 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Wait until you start getting hooked on building the perfect multiball stack going in, the perfect patch set etc!

#7620 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Wait until you start getting hooked on building the perfect multiball stack going in, the perfect patch set etc!

Never noticed a patch yet. I'm fondling myself if i hit the ramp twice, let alone locking six balls.

#7621 3 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Never noticed a patch yet. I'm fondling myself if i hit the ramp twice, let alone locking six balls.

Maybe try keeping your hands on the flippers? Just a thought.

#7622 3 years ago
Quoted from fnosm:

Maybe try keeping your hands on the flippers? Just a thought.

I foot fondle.

#7623 3 years ago
Quoted from TaTa:

My ball keeps on getting stuck on the inside spinner to the right side of it when returning to the flippers. It wasn't happening in the beginning at all but now it's starting to do so regularly. I know someplace way back in this thread there was a fix for this. Any help would be much appreciated

I posted that fix. My game did that out of the box. The bracket that the spinner ends run through wasnt bent square, it was a slight angle. That was causing the spinnerto slightly bind up when spinning slowly, sometimes trapping the ball. All it took was a slight bend in the bracket to allow the spinner to spin freely.

#7624 3 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

I foot fondle.

Cut back to a half skid of beer and the game will come along naturally lol. Give it time, I to get Way frustrated especially with JJP titles but over time you figure out a good rhythm.

#7625 3 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

I foot fondle.

This is a whole new unanticipated level of flexibility. Carry on sir, carry on.

#7626 3 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

My left one is stdtm 90%

Is this the one you're thinking of ?

IMG_20210326_191645 (resized).jpgIMG_20210326_191645 (resized).jpg
#7627 3 years ago

Hi gunners,
finished the topper incl. soundbar yesterday. Now the LE is the better CE because of it's artwork

GnR_topper (resized).pngGnR_topper (resized).png
#7628 3 years ago
Quoted from Rocanich:

Hi gunners,
finished the topper incl. soundbar yesterday. Now the LE is the better CE because of it's artwork [quoted image]

Gday Rocanich
Looks great .
How did you connect the soundbar .

#7629 3 years ago
Quoted from Rocanich:

Hi gunners,
finished the topper incl. soundbar yesterday. Now the LE is the better CE because of it's artwork [quoted image]

Except you don’t have the CE playfield artwork which is all I care about since I have my games so close together you can’t see cab artwork anyway.

#7630 3 years ago

Still waiting on my number to be called....

Screen Shot 2021-03-26 at 12.29.33 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2021-03-26 at 12.29.33 PM (resized).png

I know... I know... "not in this lifetime!"

#7631 3 years ago

Any recent LE invoice payer (last week seems to have been the busy week for distributors collecting payments) get a shipping date yet?

#7632 3 years ago
Quoted from Rocanich:

Hi gunners,

I'm interested too in installing a soundbar, so any detail about your setup will be highly appreciated

#7633 3 years ago
Quoted from Leo13:

I'm interested too in installing a soundbar, so any detail about your setup will be highly appreciated

If you search this thread with the "Find" feature at the top of page using "Sound Bar" you will find Many who have already documented this process with photos, links to sound bars and all you need to do this. Mine was around $40 on Amazon and worth the upgrade to me. Did end up adding the Polk10 sub as this game does deserve it.

#7634 3 years ago
Quoted from Rocanich:

Hi gunners,

That looks great! Where did you get the topper?

#7635 3 years ago

I found the soundbar to not be needed. Def needed an external subwoofer under the game - that made a HUGE improvement on the audio.

Soundbar, not so much for my ears. Was going to leave the soundbar installed for cosmetic reasons, but went in another direction for my topper.

#7636 3 years ago
Quoted from Dkjimbo:

Any recent LE invoice payer (last week seems to have been the busy week for distributors collecting payments) get a shipping date yet?

I talked to my distributor last Thursday and he said he had called JJP that day and that JJP told him to expect a shipment of LE's in a "couple weeks". Mine will be in that shipment and I was a week one order. I'm hoping for it to arrive in a "couple weeks"

#7637 3 years ago
Quoted from daveyvandy:

I talked to my distributor last Thursday and he said he had called JJP that day and that JJP told him to expect a shipment of LE's in a "couple weeks". Mine will be in that shipment and I was a week one order. I'm hoping for it to arrive in a "couple weeks"

Great! Was just wondering if the CE run is done or not. Hopefully I get an email soon on my le day one order as well. Was asked for full payment by March 12th.

#7638 3 years ago

Does anyone have any experience with flippers sticking? My right flipper sticks all of the sudden and I can’t find any obvious reason why.

#7639 3 years ago
Quoted from Dashmonster:

Does anyone have any experience with flippers sticking? My right flipper sticks all of the sudden and I can’t find any obvious reason why.

Can you manipulate it freely by hand, or does it feel like it's binding?
Is the spring intact? Coil stop?

#7640 3 years ago

Feels like it’s binding at the very end of extension.
Spring is good

#7641 3 years ago
Quoted from Dashmonster:

Feels like it’s binding at the very end of extension.

Gotcha. I'd check the coil sleeve, maybe replace it - maybe got cooked?
Make sure there is appropriate vertical gap also.

This video may help!

#7642 3 years ago

Fantastic video JJP and thank you zaphX for the share! Turns out there was no up and down flipper gap. Compared to the left it was tight as shit with no play. Loosened it up and gapped it properly and we are back in business.

#7643 3 years ago
Quoted from Dashmonster:

My right flipper sticks all of the sudden and I can’t find any obvious reason why.

Besides zaphX excellent response. Be sure your flipper button leaf blades are making and breaking clean. Not that one is sticking closed.

LTG : )

#7644 3 years ago
Quoted from Dashmonster:

Fantastic video JJP and thank you zaphX for the share! Turns out there was no up and down flipper gap. Compared to the left it was tight as shit with no play. Loosened it up and gapped it properly and we are back in business.

Butch Peel did the pinball community a great service with his series of videos - I learned a ton! Very glad you got it working well, fixing things is a real joy.

#7645 3 years ago

I def need to get one of those leaf adjustment tools! But all is well now

#7646 3 years ago

It’s 1/2 the reason I love this hobby. Mechanical things are uniquely satisfying to troubleshoot and maintain. The almost instant help on this site is invaluable and MUCH appreciated. Side question. Should a guy keep a few coil sleeves on hand in case one burns up on this game? I would hate to ruin the weekend play because of something like that. I have a complete set of rubbers but what else?

#7647 3 years ago
Quoted from Dashmonster:

It’s 1/2 the reason I love this hobby. Mechanical things are uniquely satisfying to troubleshoot and maintain. The almost instant help on this site is invaluable and MUCH appreciated. Side question. Should a guy keep a few coil sleeves on hand in case one burns up on this game? I would hate to ruin the weekend play because of something like that. I have a complete set of rubbers but what else?

I wouldn't say it's common_ that coil sleeves fail...but GNR flippers definitely run hot so it wouldn't be a terrible idea to keep some.

I change mine out every few thousand plays for performance.

Consumables I keep, in order of most frequently replaced to least frequently replaced:

- Flipper rubbers
- Slingshot rubbers
- Coil Sleeves
- Balls
- The rest of the rubbers for the game
- Flipper rebuild kits

#7648 3 years ago

Anyone have cab separation issues? right side is how it should look, left side you can see it sticking out further than the rail. The plywood is separating. Oh yeah, i have cab art bubbling too

I’ll be curious how they cover this as this is crazy and it’s the latest run

090DFE13-0856-448C-B04B-A7294B8954FF (resized).jpeg090DFE13-0856-448C-B04B-A7294B8954FF (resized).jpeg6247274A-FBB2-4721-B91B-D44CD431C37E (resized).jpeg6247274A-FBB2-4721-B91B-D44CD431C37E (resized).jpeg9C31A7BF-C829-49B9-A716-A3E42EBB967C (resized).jpeg9C31A7BF-C829-49B9-A716-A3E42EBB967C (resized).jpegBD3996B6-A3C0-4965-9686-E6E958409159 (resized).jpegBD3996B6-A3C0-4965-9686-E6E958409159 (resized).jpegDF4D1E48-470D-4DF9-97CE-95520AD4CE7A (resized).jpegDF4D1E48-470D-4DF9-97CE-95520AD4CE7A (resized).jpeg
#7649 3 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

Anyone have cab separation issues? right side is how it should look, left side you can see it sticking out further than the rail. The plywood is separating. Oh yeah, i have cab art bubbling too
I’ll be curious how they cover this as this is crazy and it’s the latest run
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I wouldn't jump to the conclusion that the plywood is separating based on the guides not being lined up exactly. It looks like barely 1/16", which could be a bend in the guide, or even a guide manufacturing tolerance difference.

#7650 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I wouldn't jump to the conclusion that the plywood is separating based on the guides not being lined up exactly. It looks like barely 1/16", which could be a bend in the guide, or even a guide manufacturing tolerance difference.

I can literally push it together and if the remove the rails screw it slides out further. If the rail screw and hinge wasn’t holding it together with would separate completely.

I’ll take a pic with the tap measure. If I knew how to share videos on here I would show you

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
The MOD Couple

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 210.00
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Tulsa, OK
$ 11,000.00
7,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Indianapolis, IN
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 649.95
Lighting - Interactive
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Chaska, MN
$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

There are 28,298 posts in this topic. You are on page 153 of 566.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/153?hl=jdub03 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.