IMG_2676.gif
IMG_0960 (resized).jpeg
image1 (resized).jpeg
image0 (resized).jpeg
GnRAllenWrenchMod (resized).jpg
200w.gif
IMG_2222 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

78 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 28,410 posts in this topic. You are on page 152 of 569.
#7551 3 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

I had to do a full delta upgrade direct to the motherboard. So turned it on and went to usb update, unplugged the cord pictured.

Delta you do with the game already turned on, by going into Utilities - USB Update - do what the screen says.

Full Install you do with the game turned off. Plug in USB stick - then turn game on.

Directions for both are on the website where you download the update.

LTG : )

#7552 3 years ago

Just got my CE yesterday. Today I connected to wifi and tried to update. The download was very fast. Hit enter to do the update. Now it has been stuck like this for 30 minutes. What to do?

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#7553 3 years ago
Quoted from angus:

Just got my CE yesterday. Today I connected to wifi and tried to update. The download was very fast. Hit enter to do the update. Now it has been stuck like this for 30 minutes. What to do?
[quoted image]

You cannot update 1.15 to 1.17 over wifi. Wifi is borked in those versions. Turn the machine off. Download the full install from the jersey jack website and install to 1.19 using USB.

1.19 ISO:
http://marketing.jerseyjackpinball.com/gnr/GunsNRoses-v01.19.iso

Full install instructions:
http://marketing.jerseyjackpinball.com/general/install-full

#7554 3 years ago

Thanks PinMonk
Really a shame the software isnā€™t smarter than that.

#7555 3 years ago
Quoted from angus:

Thanks PinMonk

I'm assuming when the feature is more mature it will be smarter, but this wifi service in pinball is very new. They don't even have iris tracking or covert room recording in yet.

#7556 3 years ago
Quoted from angus:

Thanks PinMonk

When software is bad or broken (aka 1.15-1.18) then itā€™s not smart because itā€™s broken. Wifi was something that specifically broke. Hopefully moving forward they can include a revert to previous firmware (maybe at least 2-3 versions back), that might be the smartness youā€™re looking for

#7557 3 years ago

Itā€™s a one time bug, once you update with a USB stick you are good to go with WIFi.

In a way this game lacks instant gratification, the more you play, the better it is. There are many many layers here.

This game is crazy good, you will probably love it.

Quoted from angus:

[quoted image]

#7558 3 years ago

Quick Scorbit app update: v1.0.24 Release

v1.0.24_sm (resized).jpgv1.0.24_sm (resized).jpg

In addition to many bug fixes, two important feature changes:

1. Any leaderboard created with ScorbitVision will now appear in the Waiting to Start game session screens (and leaderboard viewing screens) if they are associated with the machine you're viewing, public, and created/owned by the person who owns the machine. For example, you could create a leaderboard for a machine specific to your local pinball league for a machine, make it public, and now anyone playing will see that leaderboard in the carousel while waiting to play.

2. If you open the app or return to the home screen from within a venue and have location set up properly, the app will launch with the machine list for that venue. This is particularly useful for home users which are always in the same venue (their house) and want to skip the venue list. There will be more controls over the venues and venue listing in the next release.

v1.0.24 Release Notes:

-Various performance improvements and bug fixes
-Corrects Android WiFi pairing bug for some OS/hardware combinations
-App will now launch inside a venue if you're standing in it by default.
-Tapping machine title leaderboard icons now takes you to larger leaderboard view.
-Added public custom leaderboards from ScorbitVision to game screens (useful for pinball leagues!)
-Fixed a pairing bug that caused install to get stuck
-Fixed searching for venues with apostrophes

#7559 3 years ago
Quoted from jsa:

Quick Scorbit app update: v1.0.24 Release
[quoted image]
In addition to many bug fixes, two important feature changes:
1. Any leaderboard created with ScorbitVision will now appear in the Waiting to Start game session screens (and leaderboard viewing screens) if they are associated with the machine you're viewing, public, and created/owned by the person who owns the machine. For example, you could create a leaderboard for a machine specific to your local pinball league for a machine, make it public, and now anyone playing will see that leaderboard in the carousel while waiting to play.
2. If you open the app or return to the home screen from within a venue and have location set up properly, the app will launch with the machine list for that venue. This is particularly useful for home users which are always in the same venue (their house) and want to skip the venue list. There will be more controls over the venues and venue listing in the next release.
v1.0.24 Release Notes:
-Various performance improvements and bug fixes
-Corrects Android WiFi pairing bug for some OS/hardware combinations
-App will now launch inside a venue if you're standing in it by default.
-Tapping machine title leaderboard icons now takes you to larger leaderboard view.
-Added public custom leaderboards from ScorbitVision to game screens (useful for pinball leagues!)
-Fixed a pairing bug that caused install to get stuck
-Fixed searching for venues with apostrophes

Thanks! Just an FYI that I have noticed that on my GNR 1.19, my Scorbit score will sometimes freeze and I canā€™t seem to get it to continue capturing my score until I restart the machine. Reading the update, I was curious if this was fixed in this version. I canā€™t yet find a pattern on when it happens but just wanted to send the note along and if there is anything I can do to help track it down.

#7560 3 years ago
Quoted from Galooch:

Thanks! Just an FYI that I have noticed that on my GNR 1.19, my Scorbit score will sometimes freeze and I canā€™t seem to get it to continue capturing my score until I restart the machine. Reading the update, I was curious if this was fixed in this version. I canā€™t yet find a pattern on when it happens but just wanted to send the note along and if there is anything I can do to help track it down.

We've had reports of that happening on first install of 1.19, but only from one or two people, and we can't replicate it in the lab!

If it happens to you, I'd be really curious if the game (not Scorbit) was still on the network. A freeze like that would happen if the game dropped off WiFi for some reason.

#7561 3 years ago

jsa Would I be correct to assume that if I'm playing my Guns CE, that I'm only going to see other CE owners' high scores? Or are the LE owners in those high scores as well? It would make sense to combine those leaderboards, as the gameplay is the exact same.

#7562 3 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

jsa Would I be correct to assume that if I'm playing my Guns CE, that I'm only going to see other CE owners' high scores? Or are the LE owners in those high scores as well? It would make sense to combine those leaderboards, as the gameplay is the exact same.

Agree with combining scores but I do like that the CE artwork is displayed on the web scoreboards.

#7563 3 years ago

Thanks! to @zaphX, @pinmonk, DrJoe for your insight on my axl lane magnet issue. Got ahold of Ken at JJP and he is sending me a new magnet. Also I will say that I to went through a stage in the beginning where The game didnā€™t pull me in like I thought it would. And Iā€™m a big fan of GNR! But after playing it for a week or so and getting a hang of the shots and learning the rule set it pulled me in! I went through the same thing with Pirates. My friends get overwhelmed with my JJP games as well when they come over.

#7564 3 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Scores of both games are combined for global leaderboards, but artwork is different for specific ones.

For global scores, we use machine groups, which means if the playfields play the same the scores are together.

In a case (like Batman 66) where all versions of a game are the same, when you choose the game from a list for a global leaderboard you would only see one option.

#7565 3 years ago
Quoted from thechakapakuni:

When software is bad or broken (aka 1.15-1.18) then itā€™s not smart because itā€™s broken. Wifi was something that specifically broke. Hopefully moving forward they can include a revert to previous firmware (maybe at least 2-3 versions back), that might be the smartness youā€™re looking for

Totally agree....not sure why JJP doesn't allow end users to do this

#7566 3 years ago

Hey all. I've got a few questions about gameplay and rules that I'm hoping some of you can shed some light on.

-Band frenzy: What's the deal here? Collect all band members within a song and it gets you more points???

-How much lower of a value is the song worth when you choose to select your own song? Is it low enough to just play whatever song is ready?

-Is there a song you have found that is easier to play and still worth good points? What's the best song to play for high scores?

-What's the deal with the patch "Melissa's Candy"? It says it spots her tour item? What is that and what good is it?

-What's the deal with the T-Shirt patch? It says it gives you an additional bonus item for the rest of the game. What is a bonus item and what is it good for?

#7567 3 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

-Band frenzy: What's the deal here? Collect all band members within a song and it gets you more points???

Yes, you'll earn more points for band member shots during a song when Band Frenzy is running. I thought I read somewhere that the shots are 10x value but honestly have no idea, just that Band Frenzy = MORE POINTS

Quoted from NightTrain:

-Is there a song you have found that is easier to play and still worth good points? What's the best song to play for high scores?

I've found Estranged the easiest to consistently get high scores on. This is due to the long length of the song and how shots are mostly the ramps/targets. With multiball running, it isn't too difficult to continually hit the targets to complete the level and add another ball. Scores can get massive if you level up often and make it through the entire song.

Quoted from NightTrain:

-What's the deal with the patch "Melissa's Candy"? It says it spots her tour item? What is that and what good is it?

This is the only tour item you can't get from tour shots. Increases the song level I believe, as do the other tour items. No clue about the specific value it increases.

Quoted from NightTrain:

-What's the deal with the T-Shirt patch? It says it gives you an additional bonus item for the rest of the game. What is a bonus item and what is it good for?

Gives you another line on the bonus item countdown. Honestly, I'm not going for it much unless I pair it with the Poster patch so that the meter falls more slowly when cradling in songs.

#7568 3 years ago

While we've got iepinball dropping science, I've got one to ask...

What are "super pops?" Is it just a multiplier on the pop hits like the guitar pick patch?

#7569 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

What are "super pops?" Is it just a multiplier on the pop hits like the guitar pick patch?

More points in bumpers! Don't know specifically how much it increases by, or if it helps out to increase pop values in songs or not.

I haven't done any glass-off experiments on the game yet. Maybe the time has come.

#7570 3 years ago

How about these two patches? Does this mean you have Frank and Duff qualified for the rest of the game? Does it also mean that it increases song scoring period, or that it increases the score for their specific shots during a song?

Vater Frank Spot and Increase Scoring in Songs Rest of the Game
Duff Skull Duff Spot and Increase Scoring in Song Rest of the Game

#7571 3 years ago

Increases song values and their specific shots during songs, or at least I think that's what they do. I always collect all the band member patches on every game first. Always.

Again, need glass-off testing to confirm everything, or for someone from JJP to spill the beans on the mystical workings behind everything.

#7572 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Yes. You can enable it in settings. Hold center button to turn it on and off. Can be music only, music + video, or music + video + light show. Ordered by album or random.

How do you switch between ordered and random? (In reference to the jukebox mode)

#7573 3 years ago
Quoted from iepinball:

Increases song values and their specific shots during songs, or at least I think that's what they do. I always collect all the band member patches on every game first. Always.

I have started doing this too and my scores have improved.

Initially I blew them off because band members are not that hard to get, but I believe this also extends to band frenzy member collections where it matters more.

#7574 3 years ago

mine is a 6 hr round trip away. might see it this weekend!!

#7575 3 years ago

Anyone see any photos or have any proof that LEs are back on the line? Based on distributors taking payments and giving the pinball favorite answer of ā€œtwo weeks!ā€ They should be going in boxes and CEs are done? Or is this a second line fired up?

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#7576 3 years ago

1.0.24 just dropped on the Apple store for those who were waiting. Sorry about that. I will never mention Android in release notes on Apple again, as apparently they don't like that!

#7577 3 years ago

gnr1 (resized).jpggnr1 (resized).jpg

Cost all my tilt warnings, but it shook loose.

#7578 3 years ago

jsa ā€tapping machine title leaderboard icons now takes you to a larger leaderboard viewā€

How do I do this? Canā€™t seem to find it in the app. I updated it.

#7579 3 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

jsa ā€tapping machine title leaderboard icons now takes you to a larger leaderboard viewā€
How do I do this? Canā€™t seem to find it in the app. I updated it.

On the machine title, you'll see a little list icon to the right of the game title.

IMG_1718 (resized).PNGIMG_1718 (resized).PNG

#7580 3 years ago

Any new LEā€™s get delivered in The States?

#7581 3 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

[quoted image]
Cost all my tilt warnings, but it shook loose.

Hate to top you but...... Had a good game goin then this!

A75C7A5F-8798-4474-B25D-01522294E5C4 (resized).jpegA75C7A5F-8798-4474-B25D-01522294E5C4 (resized).jpeg
#7582 3 years ago
Quoted from Forum-ninja:

[quoted image]

That gate is notorious for coming off.

#7583 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

That gate is notorious for coming off.

Yeah - spread it apart a little bit before putting it back in and it behaves itself.

Do both of them.

#7584 3 years ago

Picked up an SE. Not a huge GNR fan (or band themes in general). Holy smokes, this machine is amazing. Just ordered clips for a sub and canā€™t wait. Iā€™m now contemplating ordering an LE. Anyone had time on both? This seems like it would feel faster outside of muktiball, but the light show, ball locks, and mini play field look pretty awesome.

As an aside, my game is leveled left-right, but my skill shot is draining a notable portion of the time. Itā€™s not immediately clear what the issue is. Anyone experienced that?

#7585 3 years ago
Quoted from wilsonza:

Picked up an SE. Not a huge GNR fan (or band themes in general). Holy smokes, this machine is amazing. Just ordered clips for a sub and canā€™t wait. Iā€™m now contemplating ordering an LE. Anyone had time on both? This seems like it would feel faster outside of muktiball, but the light show, ball locks, and mini play field look pretty awesome.
As an aside, my game is leveled left-right, but my skill shot is draining a notable portion of the time. Itā€™s not immediately clear what the issue is. Anyone experienced that?

I've played SE and CE, the upper playfield is a huge game changer and very satisfying to shoot.

Get the LE

#7586 3 years ago

At first, there isnā€™t that much of a difference. At a glance or for a few games, they seem about the same.

But once you start learning the rules and strategy, a big chunk of that is missing because you donā€™t have the mini.

Quoted from zaphX:

I've played SE and CE, the upper playfield is a huge game changer and very satisfying to shoot.
Get the LE

#7587 3 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

At first, there isnā€™t that much of a difference. At a glance or for a few games, they seem about the same.
But once you start learning the rules and strategy, a big chunk of that is missing because you donā€™t have the mini.

I can't imagine playing this game without the upper playfield. It's fun to shoot and adds more strategy to the game. Getting the balls up there and then needing to get them into the lock or needing to hit the lights target or needing to hit the Duff shot. I'm guessing the standard just spots those shots for you when you hit the left ramp?

#7588 3 years ago

Best mini pf in pinball.

#7589 3 years ago

I do really like the upper pf in my GnR, but personally I think the mini pf award goes to JJP Pirates.

#7590 3 years ago
Quoted from ScreaminSauce:

I do really like the upper pf in my GnR, but personally I think the mini pf award goes to JJP Pirates.

I never was a real fan of that upper PF. The constant rocking just annoyed me and made your shots just lucky sometimes. It is a really cool idea and excellent theme integration though.

#7591 3 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

I never was a real fan of that upper PF. The constant rocking just annoyed me and made your shots just lucky sometimes. It is a really cool idea and excellent theme integration though.

I haven't got/played GNR yet, but love the rocking ship on pirates. Shots can be made if you time right (and I do notice I rock with the ship when playing it some time lol). There is one pirate that does make the ship rock less, I think Cotton. Anyway, back to GNR! Can't wait to try the upper playfield!

#7592 3 years ago
Quoted from Forum-ninja:

[quoted image]

aha so i am not alone in getting that gate out of its sockets. happened multiple time since last week. Time to get crafty for a fix.

#7593 3 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

agreed. The upper playfield was a must for me. Glad i did because it brings so much more to the gameplay. Plus i was a big fan of the poster art on the LE.

#7594 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Best mini pf in pinball.

do you consider the Rescue Castle playfield on WOZ as a mini? If so that is the best in my opinion. I use to love trying to collect that gem or whatever they are called on that game.

#7595 3 years ago
Quoted from cybevenom:

aha so i am not alone in getting that gate out of its sockets. happened multiple time since last week. Time to get crafty for a fix.

I opened the gate a little and bent the right side tab that holds the gate in some. Since then, zero issues.
Sometimes though my ball sticks on the drum stick ramp diverter. It is like the gap is too narrow. This is only an issue when the ball is rolling slowly. Of course I could widen it a bit but I keep forgetting to do it when I have the glass off.

#7596 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Best mini pf in pinball.

Its definitely nice, but I'd have to say POTC, and TSPP are pretty fun as well....

#7597 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Its definitely nice, but I'd have to say POTC, and TSPP are pretty fun as well....

Pirates is awesome. But a little too grindy for me.

Quoted from Phbooms:

do you consider the Rescue Castle playfield on WOZ as a mini? If so that is the best in my opinion. I use to love trying to collect that gem or whatever they are called on that game.

Yes! I love the rescue castle pf. So fun and satisfying. It can get grindy like most mini pfā€™s which is why I still give GNR the crown.

All in all, I think JJP has the best mini pfā€™s around. (GNR, WOZ, and Pirates). They know how to do mini pfā€™s.

#7598 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Best mini pf in pinball.

TSPP would like a word with you.

#7599 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

All in all, I think JJP has the best mini pfā€™s around. (GNR, WOZ, and Pirates). They know how to do mini pfā€™s.

This +1

#7600 3 years ago

Top playfield (although it's not a seperate playfield) is great fun on Spy Hunter.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

12,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Long Beach, NY
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
The MOD Couple

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 210.00
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

ā‚¬ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

Machine - For Sale
Fredericksburg, VA
$ 11,000.00
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Tulsa, OK
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 649.95
Lighting - Interactive
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Litchfield Park, AZ
$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

There are 28,410 posts in this topic. You are on page 152 of 569.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/152?hl=dkjimbo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.