pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_5643 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5642 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2460.gif
IMG_0503 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2451 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot 2024-03-22 at 1.26.23 PM (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

78 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 28,105 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 563.
#651 3 years ago

Earlier in the week I sent my dad a link to the GNR reveal. We both agreed that it looked awesome and joked that we couldn't wait to play each other's - at the time I wasn't thinking about buying and I don't think he was either since he's still expecting another machine and so was I.

Fast forward a few days, I cancel my AIQ premium order and move that money to GNR LE. I had not told my dad yet, I was thinking of maybe surprising him when we went to pick it up from my distributor.

So I am talking to my dad last night on the phone. He was asking when my Avengers was going to be ready for pickup and I couldn't resist so I told him I am getting a GNR LE instead. He asked me if I had already paid for it and I was kind of like, "uhh, yeah. Why?" Turns out he had done the same! This will be the first time in the 20 plus pins between our two collections that we will have the same exact machine, which is breaking an unwritten rule - but it's a great machine to do it on.

Now more than ever, I actually really hope they implement online play so I can kick my dad's ass every day

#652 3 years ago
Quoted from daveyvandy:

Earlier in the week I sent my dad a link to the GNR reveal. We both agreed that it looked awesome and joked that we couldn't wait to play each other's - at the time I wasn't thinking about buying and I don't think he was either since he's still expecting another machine and so was I.
Fast forward a few days, I cancel my AIQ premium order and move that money to GNR LE. I had not told my dad yet, I was thinking of maybe surprising him when we went to pick it up from my distributor.
So I am talking to my dad last night on the phone. He was asking when my Avengers was going to be ready for pickup and I couldn't resist so I told him I am getting a GNR LE instead. He asked me if I had already paid for it and I was kind of like, "uhh, yeah. Why?" Turns out he had done the same! This will be the first time in the 20 plus pins between our two collections that we will have the same exact machine, which is breaking an unwritten rule - but it's a great machine to do it on.
Now more than ever, I actually really hope they implement online play so I can kick my dad's ass every day

Ha! Thats great

#653 3 years ago

Dad here... Nothing like an ass kickin' from my son! Excited for this game and for the pinball community as games just keep getting better and better.

#654 3 years ago
Quoted from Rockytop:

Agreed. They are great. Here are some of my lithos. Half of these are done by Arian. [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I want that Slash Hollywood one! Where is the best place to buy these?

#655 3 years ago
Quoted from daveyvandy:

Quoted from GranpaDave:

Dad here... Nothing like an ass kickin' from my son! Excited for this game and for the pinball community as games just keep getting better and better.

All the pissing and moaning we do on Pinside and then this. Ya gotta love it.

#656 3 years ago

I figured out what cities do. It was listed in the TWIP article the entire time.

Screen Shot 2020-10-10 at 9.26.15 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2020-10-10 at 9.26.15 AM (resized).png
#657 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

I figured out what cities do. It was listed in the TWIP article the entire time. [quoted image]

That’s a lot of loops. There are like 50 little lights. I wonder if there is a patch that assists with that.

#658 3 years ago

Anyone know if there are plans to do more than just updates via WiFi? I would absolutely LOVE to play against other’s high scores. They could have daily, weekly, monthly, and all time high scores and awards.

I know people could cheat these, and people set their machines up differently. It would still be loads of fun though!

#659 3 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Anyone know if there are plans to do more than just updates via WiFi? I would absolutely LOVE to play against other’s high scores. They could have daily, weekly, monthly, and all time high scores and awards.
I know people could cheat these, and people set their machines up differently. It would still be loads of fun though!

Would love to see an option to play head to head with people. Plug in an overhead camera and stream playfield video to the screen in their backbox. Could also use the built in camera so you can see who you're playing against. Would be a lot of fun.

#660 3 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

I want that Slash Hollywood one! Where is the best place to buy these?

There's a FB forum of litho collectors or join mygnrforum.com.

I got a lot of mine on Ebay as well.

#661 3 years ago

Had a guest over today.

4F0BF7F4-30A5-44BC-A5B7-DAEFEDE04189.jpeg4F0BF7F4-30A5-44BC-A5B7-DAEFEDE04189.jpeg61A72E73-2148-4039-95EA-F3C26A4D4EDA.jpeg61A72E73-2148-4039-95EA-F3C26A4D4EDA.jpeg
#662 3 years ago
Quoted from DeeGor:

Would love to see an option to play head to head with people. Plug in an overhead camera and stream playfield video to the screen in their backbox. Could also use the built in camera so you can see who you're playing against. Would be a lot of fun.

+1

#663 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Had a guest over today.
[quoted image][quoted image]

You folks celebrating Thanksgiving early this year?

#664 3 years ago
Quoted from daveyvandy:

I only have two mates that collect pinballs, both are operators and both of them are buying the LE same as me i found out yesterday.

#665 3 years ago

A friend just played it for 2 hours and says it’s like nothing he has ever played or seen. Just a FANTASTIC game.

#666 3 years ago

Just hard-wire it using the Marshall Aux input, job done.

#667 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Not on the playfield. Just back box and below. Topper too

Technically one or two more for the coma lockup.

#668 3 years ago

A little late but I see that my show poster for the San Francisco show I went to made the cab of the LE! That was my first time seeing GNR! Too bad the Oakland show poster didn’t make it on the machine, art equally as awesome!

E16E357B-5C6C-49A7-83AA-737B5BA4AF83 (resized).jpegE16E357B-5C6C-49A7-83AA-737B5BA4AF83 (resized).jpeg
#669 3 years ago

hey folks,
those of you who have got games how are the play fields?

Cheers,
Neil.

#670 3 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

hey folks,
Cheers,
Neil.

A little overwhelming at first, then pretty smooth and fun.
I only have a few games in it, just updated the code and going to spend more time on it tomorrow evening.

#671 3 years ago

Order placed on an LE.

I'm IN!

#672 3 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

hey folks,
Cheers,
Neil.

No issues, minimal dimples if thats your thing, and more importantly no pooling or peeling. Looks great.

#673 3 years ago

Ordered an LE couple of days ago...

Missed a CE by an hour or so .. but I’m not a die hard G&R fan.. but this game looks too good to pass up!

#674 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

No issues, minimal dimples if thats your thing, and more importantly no pooling or peeling. Looks great.

I happily noticed the lack of those the other day too! And the art goes nicely on the entire playfield, unlike what Stern started doing regarding art.

Glad this is a step forward for sure!

#675 3 years ago

Anyone have any sales estimates (number sold) so far on the LE?

#676 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

dimples I don't care about; pooling and peeling nobody wants so its good to hear, thank you for responding Yelobird.

#677 3 years ago

No playfield issues.

#678 3 years ago

I purchased an LE, it will be a gift for our sister’s family, the husband is a huge GnR fan. I can’t wait to see their reaction to this thing, very excited about it!

#679 3 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Order placed on an LE.
I'm IN!

Same here, any idea when we should expect our games? I'm not home again until around the Christmas time frame, so I got a couple of months to play with.

#680 3 years ago
Quoted from ziz:

I purchased an LE, it will be a gift for our sister’s family, the husband is a huge GnR fan. I can’t wait to see their reaction to this thing, very excited about it!

A GIFT?? Best I got from my family is a wine basket. Talk about a great gift surprise congrats.

#681 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

A GIFT?? Best I got from my family is a wine basket. Talk about a great gift surprise congrats.

Haha, we are the cool aunt and uncle with no kids, so we’ve got some extra money to spoil them with. I’m not an every year kind of gift giver for birthday and Christmas and stuff because I prefer to buy bigger gifts that I really want to give to someone, and this is it!

#682 3 years ago
Quoted from ziz:

Haha, we are the cool aunt and uncle with no kids

Are you looking to adopt?? lol Great on you. That sounds Very generous and super kind for the people you love and care about. I am Sure they will remember and Appreciate that kindness for Many years to come.

#683 3 years ago

From Cointaker on Facebook. Pretty fun Easter egg.

https://www.facebook.com/CoinTaker/videos/351330952649845

#684 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Got to say, that is pretty cool!

#685 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Whooah....dude!

#686 3 years ago

Is it a wide body or standard

#688 3 years ago

Thank you chuck. Always quick to answer have a great weekend

#689 3 years ago

Anyone have a line on a good color match pingulp?

#690 3 years ago
Quoted from Blu:

Anyone have a line on a good color match pingulp?

ebay.com link: itm

#691 3 years ago

So topper options for LE?

#692 3 years ago

Already found that one for ~$15 cheaper. Beggars can’t be choosers and all, but was digging around to see if I could find one to match the trim. Curtains matching the drapes and all.

#693 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

It sounds like Lior is going to make one.

#694 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

A badass Marshall themed sound bar seems best.

#695 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

A badass Marshall themed sound bar seems best.

That delay though..... Not sure it would work well

#696 3 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

It sounds like Lior is going to make one.

Cool to hear - I hope he does!

LOVE Lior's mods!

#697 3 years ago

People with the pin how would you rate the quality of the sound thru the speakers...does it need sub ?

#698 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

That delay though..... Not sure it would work well

What delay?? You’re saying the CE sound bar has a delay? That would be horrible.

#699 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

What delay?? You’re saying the CE sound bar has a delay? That would be horrible.

I think he means if the mod relies on a Bluetooth connection vs hardwired... I would think the CE would be hard wired, and probably shares the board of the LE... Don't know the guts of a JJP but there's got to be an audio out/rca I would think.

#700 3 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

I think he means if the mod relies on a Bluetooth connection vs hardwired... I would think the CE would be hard wired... Don't know the guts of a JJP but there's got to be an audio out/rca I would think.

There definitely is. I'd assume, hope options for both, for the CE?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
7,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Fredericksburg, VA
$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Sound/Speakers
8,249 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Temple, TX
$ 649.95
Lighting - Interactive
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Interactive
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 210.00
Flipper Parts
Pin Monk
Flipper parts
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro
Pinball Machine
12,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Long Beach, NY
$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
Hardware
Pinball Haven
Hardware
$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 100.00
Boards
Led Pinball
Boards
€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball
Electronics
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 28,105 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 563.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/14?hl=pinballphotos and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.