IMG_20240413_155854 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240413_155858 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240413_155856 (resized).jpg
IMG_1426 (resized).jpeg (© Nutty 5.0)
IMG_2636.gif
IMG_2002 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2003 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

78 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 28,338 posts in this topic. You are on page 149 of 567.
#7401 3 years ago

Also I think (hope) having no coil sleeve in my diverter is probably what caused it to cook anyway board fixed & coil replaced under warranty by my fantastic distributor and all good.

Neil.

#7402 3 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

1.19 seems pretty good to me not had any issues with it so far.

Played a few games last night on 1.19 no issues,even played through desert demolition,normally time it out. Game is awesome,so much there! Those damn songs are in my head like an ear worm.

#7403 3 years ago
Quoted from Freakyguy666:

Could someone please clarify how one would know if they have the ā€œmagnet issueā€?

Does the magnet grab the ball in gameplay, ever? If the answer is yes, no issue.

You can test the magnet coil in the tests while holding a ball near it. If it jumps, no issue.

#7404 3 years ago

To a fanboy like you, I suppose. I'm just pragmatic and can actually see both the good side and bad side of things. I know owners threads are supposed to be all positive hype to some people, but honest discussion is okay imo. And yes, I own the game and like the game. Have you even played it yet?

#7405 3 years ago
Quoted from DrJoe:

I'm waiting until Desert Demolition is coded and hopefully a fix for the magnet code before I update from 1.08. Nothing but a headache for virtually no gain the past few weeks on code. These mini updates seem useless, as all they are doing is fixing newly introduced bugs.

The updates were to fix current issues and glitches not an update for major code changes! Sometimes when u open a can of worms, new problems arise. JJP has the best pinball programmers in the business. Be patient. Iā€™m not sure if the coding is causing the magnet issue. I have not had that issue at all on any version of software.

#7406 3 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

The updates were to fix current issues and glitches not an update for major code changes! Sometimes when u open a can of worms, new problems arise. Keith & JJP have the best pinball programmers in the business. Be patient. Iā€™m not sure if the coding is causing the magnet issue. I have not had that issue at all on any version of software.

I AM being patient, that was my point. The updates that add a couple lighting effects, but introduce new bugs, seem pointless. I personally like the less-frequent, bigger updates that fix bugs AND add content, and that are pre-tested for major bugs before release. To each their own. Just a discussion as there are dozens of pages of posts of people trying to update the game with no new content in the updates so they keep going in circles chasing the latest bug fix. It's okay to wait out these minor updates.

#7407 3 years ago

Updated to V1.19 via WiFi. No problems at all.

A word of caution. Before installing the update, I saved my settings to a USB stick, but failed to cap back the USB connection in the pin and consequently the pin would not connect to my WiFi. Once I realized the problem, I capped back the USB connector in the pin and that solved the problem. I installed the update in about 2 minutes, literally.

#7408 3 years ago
Quoted from DrJoe:

I AM being patient, that was my point. The updates that add a couple lighting effects, but introduce new bugs, seem pointless. I personally like the less-frequent, bigger updates that fix bugs AND add content, and that are pre-tested for major bugs before release. To each their own. Just a discussion as there are dozens of pages of posts of people trying to update the game with no new content in the updates so they keep going in circles chasing the latest bug fix. It's okay to wait out these minor updates.

Thereā€™s a lot of bug fixes from 1.08 to 1.19. 1.16,1.17,1.18 seems to be an anomaly of bug gremlins multiplying, but 1.19 seems pretty solid and we get a new way to boost the power chord award. I say go for it.

#7409 3 years ago

Having people over to play pinball tonight and if I have time later this afternoon, I'll install the new magnet coil. Then will see how it holds up and hopefully that thermal fuse doesn't blow.

#7410 3 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

1.19 seems pretty good to me not had any issues with it so far.

Same here...no noticeable issues on 1.19 so far!

#7411 3 years ago

After countless attempts using a variety of methods and computers...

I finally got the damn ISO to boot by using a USB3 32gb flash stick using unetbootin on a Mac. Up until that point I had been older usb2 16 GB sticks that I use for this purpose all the time.

#7412 3 years ago
Quoted from DrJoe:

To a fanboy like you, I suppose. I'm just pragmatic and can actually see both the good side and bad side of things. I know owners threads are supposed to be all positive hype to some people, but honest discussion is okay imo. And yes, I own the game and like the game. Have you even played it yet?

Discussion is ok but your input is pretty much always negative.

#7413 3 years ago

For me, having the game a month now and playing the hell out of it.... Damn this game is hard on flipperrubbers, in a week i changed the stock JJP rubbers as the were about to snap. Titans installed on all flipperbats. Today had to change out my bottom flippers again. Chunks of rubber gone at the tips. But thats the same as complaining about how many times you have to fill your car with gas while driving 600 miles a day. Things wear out after constant use. Gonna order some more titans to have some on hand.
Other than that now i start to get the hang of the rules this game is pulling me in more and more. I love it. Even the frustration of losing a 60 million jackpot will have me walk away in disgust but keeps me coming back to take that hurdle some day. I hope it will come soon.
Back to playing now as i hear Melissa shouting for my attention. Cya all later.

#7414 3 years ago
Quoted from AvidPinPlayer:

Updated to V1.19 via WiFi. No problems at all.
A word of caution. Before installing the update, I saved my settings to a USB stick, but failed to cap back the USB connection in the pin and consequently the pin would not connect to my WiFi. Once I realized the problem, I capped back the USB connector in the pin and that solved the problem. I installed the update in about 2 minutes, literally.

You mean you put the wifi dongle back in?

#7415 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

#7416 3 years ago
Quoted from cybevenom:

For me, having the game a month now and playing the hell out of it.... Damn this game is hard on flipperrubbers, in a week i changed the stock JJP rubbers as the were about to snap. Titans installed on all flipperbats. Today had to change out my bottom flippers again. Chunks of rubber gone at the tips. But thats the same as complaining about how many times you have to fill your car with gas while driving 600 miles a day. Things wear out after constant use. Gonna order some more titans to have some on hand.
Other than that now i start to get the hang of the rules this game is pulling me in more and more. I love it. Even the frustration of losing a 60 million jackpot will have me walk away in disgust but keeps me coming back to take that hurdle some day. I hope it will come soon.

Super bands!!! Put mine in the second night and they still look the same today after a week of continuous play

#7417 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

thatā€™s a fact. It must suck to live with that much negativity. All manufacturers have problems. Sterns QC is no better. I have both and I donā€™t have a preference.

#7418 3 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

Also I think (hope) having no coil sleeve in my diverter is probably what caused it to cook anyway board fixed & coil replaced under warranty by my fantastic distributor and all good.
Neil.

Are you happy with the game and build quality? How would you compare Gunners build quality to other JJP machines? I ask because we are in for a LE and build issues with JJP scare me.

#7419 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

Are you happy with the game and build quality? How would you compare Gunners build quality to other JJP machines? I ask because we are in for a LE and build issues with JJP scare me.

My CE was delivered a week ago and has been flawless out of the box. It seems the early buyers unfortunately became the quality controllers for jjp early on.

#7420 3 years ago
Quoted from cybevenom:

Melissa has some awesome call outs!
Agree on the flipper rubbers. The flippers get more action than I think any other game so makes sense.

#7421 3 years ago
Quoted from TaTa:

My CE was delivered a week ago and has been flawless out of the box. It seems the early buyers unfortunately became the quality controllers for jjp early on.

As is the case with just about every game. There is always some revision, some bug, some fix that ultimately gets fixed. Donā€™t pre-order if you donā€™t want to be a test case. Same thing with new software, first year cars, new construction homes, etc. to expect perfection out of the gate in a product thatā€™s not mass tested is foolhardy.

#7422 3 years ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

black washers

Is this the first version of a post solution from the factory for gnr?
-mof

#7423 3 years ago

New to pinball purchasing. Curious what the normal timeframe for purchasing a new machine such as GNR from JJP would be from the factory/dealer? Is it usually within the first year of availability only? Or do they do additional builds? Thanks.

#7424 3 years ago
Quoted from untamedinc:

New to pinball purchasing. Curious what the normal timeframe for purchasing a new machine such as GNR from JJP would be from the factory/dealer? Is it usually within the first year of availability only? Or do they do additional builds? Thanks.

Iā€™ve read this post 10 times and still am not sure what youā€™re asking lol.

#7425 3 years ago
Quoted from untamedinc:

Normally you can receive a newly-released pin within months, but GnR is in heavy demand so if you order an LE now, you're looking at probably 8 months or more before delivery. SE *may* be less, some distributors have had them in stock recently. CEs are sold out.

#7426 3 years ago
Quoted from TaTa:

Thanks for that. It makes me very happy knowing your very happy with your CE. Congratulations!

Neil only got his game a short time ago too. I am interested in his opinion.

#7427 3 years ago
Quoted from untamedinc:

Depends on the title, the IP and the popularity. I've read sometimes the licensing agreement runs out.
Stern is rerunning Deadpool atm, 2 years or more since the release.

#7428 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Iā€™ve read this post 10 times and still am not sure what youā€™re asking lol.

I guess I am trying to figure out if I need to put a deposit on GNR right now immediately if possible or if they are normally available new a year or two from original release. Sounds like there are many factors to this based on the replies and with this specific demanding title, sooner appears better in this case. Thanks.

#7429 3 years ago

Got a full set of cliffys installed on my CE last night. They fit great! Super easy shooter lane protector install. Slightly more complex song scoop protector install which requires the upper playfield be removed (4 machine screws and unplug cables from under playfield and spotlight).

Super happy with how they turned out. Thanks Cliff!

680ED3BF-2706-4E19-B73A-A46C228E20E6.jpeg680ED3BF-2706-4E19-B73A-A46C228E20E6.jpeg919F6DDB-71F6-4087-9DD4-EDDFD188568A.jpeg919F6DDB-71F6-4087-9DD4-EDDFD188568A.jpegA128B865-88AE-4A69-A875-832F44A48293.jpegA128B865-88AE-4A69-A875-832F44A48293.jpegB69B3CD2-B3F0-4F46-946E-AAFDB3AABDE4.jpegB69B3CD2-B3F0-4F46-946E-AAFDB3AABDE4.jpegE7BE717D-9B0C-41B6-8E3F-0ACC9928F01C.jpegE7BE717D-9B0C-41B6-8E3F-0ACC9928F01C.jpeg
#7430 3 years ago
Quoted from Vitty:

Got a full set of cliffys installed on my CE last night. They fit great! Super easy shooter lane protector install. Slightly more complex song scoop protector install which requires the upper playfield be removed (4 machine screws and unplug cables from under playfield and spotlight).
Super happy with how they turned out. Thanks Cliff![quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Wow that looks great!! Any changes to gameplay?

Any chance you documented the required disassembly? What happens with the original metal "wings" in there?

#7431 3 years ago

Some things I noted when installing the cliffy's and I'm at ~200 games played.

- post at entrance of inner loop just under the left ramp was extremely loose and had chipped my playfield -be sure this stays tight! Added a rubber washer under it and tightened it back down.

- scoop was super loose. Added locktite to both machine screws and tightened back down after installing the cliffys. This is similar to the pirates tortuga scoop fix if you've done that one

- gold metal shavings from the high hat cymbol, vacuumed this off and cleaned the playfield afterwards. haven't investigated further to find a fix

#7432 3 years ago

Wanting to order extra flipper rubbers.... what are the size of the flippers On GnR?

#7433 3 years ago
Quoted from bsobie:

Wanting to order extra flipper rubbers.... what are the size of the flippers On GnR?

You need three standard flipper rubbers and one mini flipper rubber. Skip the mini if you're getting an SE.

#7434 3 years ago
Quoted from untamedinc:

I guess I am trying to figure out if I need to put a deposit on GNR right now immediately if possible or if they are normally available new a year or two from original release. Sounds like there are many factors to this based on the replies and with this specific demanding title, sooner appears better in this case. Thanks.

If you are certain you want it new-in-box and don't care how long the wait is, a deposit now may be a good idea. A refundable one is best because you may want to pick up a HUO example if one pops up near you before you can get a new-in-box. Oftentimes, a HUO game is better than new-in-box. Or, a different distributor than the one you have a deposit tied up with may have some availability well before your game would be ready.

Most JJP games have some lingering stock at distributors after their run. Some JJP games are re-run to meet demand. It's hard to say with this one. My guess is that they would re-run it if there is continued demand as it seems the licenser (GNR) would not limit them time-wise based on their strong involvement in the production of this machine.

#7435 3 years ago
Quoted from Vitty:

Super happy with how they turned out. Thanks Cliff![quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Hoping someone with make a video of the removal of the upper playfield to install the Cliffy. I'm a bit nervous to do this without a guide.

#7436 3 years ago

I don't think anyone is doing refundable deposits on GNR.

Quoted from DrJoe:

A refundable one is best because you may want to pick up a HUO example if one pops up near you before you can get a new-in-box.

#7437 3 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

I don't think anyone is doing refundable deposits on GNR.

Ah, didn't know that. I would personally then wait for the first one available, which may take quite some time, but you would at least have flexibility. Surely there will be quite a few popping up HUO after people play them out a bit.

#7438 3 years ago
Quoted from rrosenhouse:

You need three standard flipper rubbers and one mini flipper rubber. Skip the mini if you're getting an SE.

Is there one better to go with than another? Iā€™ve seen slot of mention about Titans. And I have seen mention of Pinball Life and Marco.... Which would be better?

#7439 3 years ago
Quoted from DrJoe:

Ah, didn't know that. I would personally then wait for the first one available, which may take quite some time, but you would at least have flexibility. Surely there will be quite a few popping up HUO after people play them out a bit.

People in the Netherlands and surrounding countries. Don't count on my LE to become available. This puppy is never leaving.

#7440 3 years ago

In my opinion, anything that's not regular rubber makes the ball stick to the flipper like crazy glue.

Makes the game way too easy.

Quoted from bsobie:

Is there one better to go with than another? Iā€™ve seen slot of mention about Titans. And I have seen mention of Pinball Life and Marco.... Which would be better?

#7441 3 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

Makes the game way too easy.

Easy is not the way i would discribe this game. And i have titans on them.

#7442 3 years ago

Hi All,
Don't know if this has been covered before ?what code version do you download for Australia ? EU or US.Super band wifi here and quicker to use USB.
Cheers

#7443 3 years ago
Quoted from cybevenom:

Easy is not the way i would discribe this game. And i have titans on them.

Can confirm.

#7444 3 years ago
Quoted from DougAUS11:

Hi All,
Don't know if this has been covered before ?what code version do you download for Australia ? EU or US.Super band wifi here and quicker to use USB.
Cheers

EU/US doesnā€™t designate different file versions, rather the different servers itā€™s hosted on.

Use whichever downloads quicker.

#7445 3 years ago

Where can you buy titan flipper rubbers? I was on there website but canā€™t find them.

#7446 3 years ago
Quoted from bsobie:

Where can you buy titan flipper rubbers? I was on there website but canā€™t find them.

https://www.titanpinball.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=33&product_id=52

#7447 3 years ago
Quoted from bsobie:

https://www.titanpinball.com/kits/index.php/view/id/1610

The flippers are pink in this kit but change the color on checkout to taste.

#7448 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

https://www.titanpinball.com/kits/index.php/view/id/1610
The flippers are pink in this kit but change the color on checkout to taste.

Should I buy a whole kit instead of just extra flipper rubbers?

#7449 3 years ago
Quoted from Blackjacker:

EU/US doesnā€™t designate different file versions, rather the different servers itā€™s hosted on.
Use whichever downloads quicker.

Thanks Blackjacker very much appreciated. Cheers

#7450 3 years ago
Quoted from bsobie:

Should I buy a whole kit instead of just extra flipper rubbers?

I usually do. That way whatever breaks during play you've got what you need to get back in the game.

I keep spare sets for all my games on hand.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ardmore, PA
$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

8,245 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Georgetown, KY
$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

7,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sacramento, CA
$ 11,000.00
ā‚¬ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 210.00
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

11,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dracut, MA
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

There are 28,338 posts in this topic. You are on page 149 of 567.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/149?hl=bsobie and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.