IMG_20240413_155854 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240413_155858 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240413_155856 (resized).jpg
IMG_1426 (resized).jpeg (© Nutty 5.0)
IMG_2636.gif
IMG_2002 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2003 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

78 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 28,339 posts in this topic. You are on page 148 of 567.
#7351 3 years ago
Quoted from c818919taylor:

Last I checked Cliffy was waiting on someone to take measurements to build a set.

A set's up on his site:
http://www.passionforpinball.com/wip.htm

#7352 3 years ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

Up till today I only had the chance to play the LE. Today I played both the SE and LE. Man, I really felt the gameplay was better on the SE. I could see the playfield better and it was easier to hit the left ramp and left orbit shots. I think the bass guitar rail going down the left side is the biggest issue in terms of playfield visibility...for me anyway. Not sure if others feel the same.
I love the light show much more on the LE for obvious reasons, and I do like the upper playfield and guitar locks. My opinion of course, but if the LE did away with the bass guitar rails it would be a perfect layout.
Now I am second guessing the LE vs the SE. I guess Iā€™ll have to make another trip and play some more

I didnt go LE just because of exactly what you said. I dont like anything blocking the view of the ball. I also prefer fast flowy over any stop and go even if its just a slight difference on most games. Yeah yeah i have a BKSOR premium but that Pro shouldnt even have been made and the Premium should of been the Pro. I compare the GnR LE vs SE debate like GOT pre/le vs pro. You got full RGB playfield with upper playfield on PRE/LE and you got fast flowy no stops on the Pro, i went Pro on that one too. Really there all awesome games though cant go wrong with any models. Win win for everyone!

I emailed Cliffy about scoop protector myself just waiting for response to order. I feel on the SE its the only weak spot ive seen that might get some wear.

#7353 3 years ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

Today I played both the SE and LE.

I would love to try them both out right next to each other. I have an SE and am fortunate enough to not yet see in person what I am missing on the LE I don't want to be too sad when I see those ARGB rail lights. BUT - with the ~3K price difference, I am going to put the savings towards one of the new Elwin pins.

Hmmm JP or AIQ? I like deep, Keefer-style rules....

#7354 3 years ago

Just ordered a set a few days ago, he said he's about 4 weeks behind on orders.

#7355 3 years ago
Quoted from pinball_keefer:

The code CURRENTLY ON THE GAME for 1.15, 1.16, and 1.17 broke wifi. It is by definition impossible to make a fix to the wifi code via wifi because... wifi is broken. That is why the update FROM 1.15, 1.16, or 1.17 must be done via usb. Updating via usb fixes the wifi code. Then wifi updates will work again.
I don't have enough info to diagnose any of the usb problems described... Make sure you're doing the right update method. If you downloaded the zip file, unzip it onto the stick and select usb update from within the game. If you downloaded the ISO, make sure it's burned onto the stick then turn the game on with the stick in the usb cable. (Recommend using the usb cable and not the cabinet board for speed reasons.)

Ahh haa boy I feel dumb

#7356 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Too bad u can't go back to an older version of the code via WiFi,

If you could do that. Then you'd be able to install the newer one.

LTG : )

#7357 3 years ago

Back on track with wifi. update from 1.18 to 1.19 was quick and easy! Big thanks Keefer. Also, did anyone else notice a few call outs missing with 1.18? Melissa with the...super fing skill shot was one I noticed and backed up settings so shouldn't be issue with family friendly mode?

#7358 3 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

Back on track with wifi. update from 1.18 to 1.19 was quick and easy! Big thanks Keefer. Also, did anyone else notice a few call outs missing with 1.18? Melissa with the...super fing skill shot was one I noticed and backed up settings so shouldn't be issue with family friendly mode?

Adult flags are more granular now, make sure they are all turned on.

#7359 3 years ago

Sooooo,do I have the green light to go from1.18-1.19? What exactly the difference ? No bugs on 1.19?

#7360 3 years ago

Just a heads up - I was poking around the backbox to see the difference between this and Dialed In, and I saw the "LCD PULL HERE" on the left and right side of the LCD panel. Looking at that, I was thinking - "If I pull that, I am going to rip the panel right out the metal casing". I didn't know about the magnetic latch yet.

The right side of the panel was missing the screws that that hold the assembly together (they fell down into the head) - I knew better but just in case someone else doesn't make sure you pull the ENTIRE assembly away from the magnetic latch, not the panel away from the casing if the screws jumbled out in transit. Oh, love the engineering on the latch, though. That is some quality work.

LCD PANEL RT (resized).jpgLCD PANEL RT (resized).jpgPANEL SCREWS (resized).jpgPANEL SCREWS (resized).jpgLCD PANEL LT (resized).jpgLCD PANEL LT (resized).jpgMAGNETIC LATCH (resized).jpgMAGNETIC LATCH (resized).jpg
#7361 3 years ago

This is a pic of a relatively new SE. I see there are black washers under the sling posts. Does everyone now get these with new deliveries?

CBA021D8-6AE3-425D-A158-71178AD066CA (resized).jpegCBA021D8-6AE3-425D-A158-71178AD066CA (resized).jpeg
#7362 3 years ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

This is a pic of a relatively new SE. I see there are black washers under the sling posts. Does everyone now get these with new deliveries?
[quoted image]

YES,not a JJP employee. This is my understanding.

#7363 3 years ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

[quoted image]

Mine has them.

#7364 3 years ago

Last I checked Cliffy was waiting on someone to take measurements to build a set.

Cliff told me they were now in production. I think he is just swamped keeping up with all the new games.

#7365 3 years ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

[quoted image]

Quoted from PoMC:

Mine has them.

Yep mine has them to with Feb 21 build date. I looked over the entire playfield last night with a flashlight up close while i did full install and every post was perfect and no signs of anything a miss.

#7366 3 years ago

My distributor just told me June or July for my L.e , said production got pushed again . I ordered a month before the price increase.

#7367 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

They weren't at 50/week from the start. CEs are less than 300, for sure, based on serials from recent deliveries. I doubt they've even matched that with LEs so far, but once LEs are back on the line and people post their boxes with the serial as they get them we'll know for sure.

I took slow start up into consideration

#7368 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

I took slow start up into consideration

It doesn't matter because the ~50/wk math was essentially right. My problem was not believing the math.

#7369 3 years ago

Full USB install finally working and installing now. This time, using the same USB stick, I used Rufus instead of the suggested image burner.

#7370 3 years ago

Itā€™s good to hear the downloads are getting alittle smoother.On the SE washers I think clear would have been a better choice

#7371 3 years ago

He built the set. Photos on his site.

#7372 3 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Has Cliffy made a protector for the scoop . After seeing some people have some chipping , I think it is a must-have .

He has made a scoop and shootlane protector. Mine is ordered

#7373 3 years ago
Quoted from Forum-ninja:

I wish I could help more,but the wife did it. It took 4 tries,unzip,format,witchcraft,donā€™t know what the key was but 4th time was the charm.
We did not do a full reboot,delta install.

You forgot to sacrifice a blessed goat.

#7374 3 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

Yep mine has them to with Feb 21 build date. I looked over the entire playfield last night with a flashlight up close while i did full install and every post was perfect and no signs of anything a miss.

Out of curious what code did yours have installed? What is the best code right now? Is it indeed 1.19?

#7375 3 years ago

People, I am on 1.14 and thinking of updating to 1.19 via wifi.... should I?
Also, how can I keep my high scores... I cannot find instructions to back them up...

#7376 3 years ago
Quoted from Schaitas:

how can I keep my high scores..

Please go into Utiltiies - Settings Back up - saves everything except a custom image if you installed one. To put them back in go to Utilities - Settings Restore.

LTG : )

#7377 3 years ago

so is there a specific memory stick manufacturer that I should use? I just tried with two others with no luck

#7378 3 years ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

Out of curious what code did yours have installed? What is the best code right now? Is it indeed 1.19?

Out of box it had 1.15 and now im running 1.19. Id say 1.19 is the best code since its the newest with no bugs that ive seen and it fixes the wifi issue. 1.15 some of the songs didnt have applause jackpots and 1.16 had reboot issues and 1.17 broke wifi. I never ran 1.18.

#7379 3 years ago
Quoted from Schaitas:

People, I am on 1.14 and thinking of updating to 1.19 via wifi.... should I?
Also, how can I keep my high scores... I cannot find instructions to back them up...

I did it earlier this afternoon via wifi from 1.14 to 1.19 and worked fine.

#7380 3 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

Out of box it had 1.15 and now im running 1.19. Id say 1.19 is the best code since its the newest with no bugs that ive seen and it fixes the wifi issue. 1.15 some of the songs didnt have applause jackpots and 1.16 had reboot issues and 1.17 broke wifi. I never ran 1.18.

Thanks that is helpful

#7381 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

so is there a specific memory stick manufacturer that I should use? I just tried with two others with no luck

Delta or Full ISO update? Mac or PC?

#7382 3 years ago

Just now updated from 1.14 to 1.19 via wifi. Took me....what felt like less than 2 minutes total.

#7383 3 years ago
Quoted from Moomert1:

Just now updated from 1.14 to 1.19 via wifi. Took me....what felt like less than 2 minutes total.

me too.. fast update!!

#7384 3 years ago

I'm waiting until Desert Demolition is coded and hopefully a fix for the magnet code before I update from 1.08. Nothing but a headache for virtually no gain the past few weeks on code. These mini updates seem useless, as all they are doing is fixing newly introduced bugs.

#7385 3 years ago
Quoted from gmanrulz46:

me too.. fast update!!

Quoted from gmanrulz46:

me too.. fast update!!

Ditto. 1.14 > 1.19 WiFi less than 5 mins

#7386 3 years ago

Itā€™s people bitching and getting all worked up over very minor issues.

The problems are so minor, but lots of people canā€™t handle it.

The magnet issue is 100% speculation, there is no confirmed software fix coming. Sounds like they got a marginal batch of fuses and some people needed a replacement.

And the WiFi bug is fixed, but god forbid you have to break out a usb stick...

Quoted from DrJoe:

I'm waiting until Desert Demolition is coded and hopefully a fix for the magnet code before I update from 1.08. Nothing but a headache for virtually no gain the past few weeks on code. These mini updates seem useless, as all they are doing is fixing newly introduced bugs.

#7387 3 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

Itā€™s people bitching and getting all worked up over very minor issues.
The problems are so minor, but lots of people canā€™t handle it.
The magnet issue is 100% speculation, there is no confirmed software fix coming. Sounds like they got a marginal batch of fuses and some people needed a replacement.
And the WiFi bug is fixed, but god forbid you have to break out a usb stick...

Agree with all of this.

The biggest problem was the crasher in 1.18 which was fixed within a couple of days. 1.19 works great for me and has the cool power chord multiplier feature.

#7388 3 years ago
Quoted from DrJoe:

Sourpuss!

#7389 3 years ago
Quoted from gmanrulz46:

me too.. fast update!!

Do the high scores reset?

#7390 3 years ago
Quoted from Schaitas:

Do the high scores reset?

Mine didnā€™t.

#7391 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Delta or Full ISO update? Mac or PC?

Mac....I mean Sandisk or some other brand as apparently it matters...2.0, 3.0, 8Gb, 16 Gb, 32 Gb.....

#7392 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Mac....I mean Sandisk or some other brand as apparently it matters...2.0, 3.0, 8Gb, 16 Gb, 32 Gb.....

You're doing a full ISO then? What are you using to build the bootable USB?

#7393 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

You're doing a full ISO then? What are you using to build the bootable USB?

Yes....unetbootin

#7394 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Yes....unetbootin

Did you log into the BIOS and make sure the USB was before the hard drive in the boot priority table? That's the first thing I'd check. Someone else found it wasn't. Changing that fixed the process for them.

If boot priority checks out, someone said they had success not using a different bootable ISO creator, but it's not available on Mac. Maybe try a free one here (I don't have any recommendations about which one, sorry):

https://www.uubyte.com/burn-iso-to-usb-on-mac.html

#7395 3 years ago

Could someone please clarify how one would know if they have the ā€œmagnet issueā€?

#7396 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Did you log into the BIOS and make sure the USB was before the hard drive in the boot priority table? That's the first thing I'd check. Someone else found it wasn't. Changing that fixed the process for them.
If boot priority checks out, someone said they had success not using a different bootable ISO creator, but it's not available on Mac. Maybe try a free one here (I don't have any recommendations about which one, sorry):
https://www.uubyte.com/burn-iso-to-usb-on-mac.html

Thanks for information....what type/size memory stick have u had success with?

#7397 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Thanks for information....what type/size memory stick have u had success with?

I've used all sizes, but I have a trusty 8GB I use for updating all JJP pins but no GnR here yet.

Does the USB boot at all? If it isn't recognized, I'd definitely check boot priority first.

#7398 3 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

I also have a 2/21 build date and no signs of chipping or wear with the post washers.

#7399 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Agree with all of this.
The biggest problem was the crasher in 1.18 which was fixed within a couple of days. 1.19 works great for me and has the cool power chord multiplier feature.

Just got 4 Million on a 5 ball power chord

#7400 3 years ago

1.19 seems pretty good to me not had any issues with it so far.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

12,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Long Beach, NY
$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Silverthorne, CO
$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Machine - For Sale
Boston, MA
$ 11,000.00
ā‚¬ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 210.00
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
St. Clair Shores, MI
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

There are 28,339 posts in this topic. You are on page 148 of 567.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/148?hl=moomert1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.