IMG_2676.gif
IMG_0960 (resized).jpeg
image1 (resized).jpeg
image0 (resized).jpeg
GnRAllenWrenchMod (resized).jpg
200w.gif
IMG_2222 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

78 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 28,410 posts in this topic. You are on page 147 of 569.
#7301 3 years ago

Sounds like many of your distributors require you to make payments prior to delivery? I guess I am lucky. $250 deposit and rest due at delivery

#7302 3 years ago
Quoted from Stags6969:

I did a delta upgrade and didn't backup anything.
All settings and high scores lost!!
Make sure you back them up.

How do you back up the scores?

#7303 3 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

I bit the bullet and decided to try to upgrade to 1.19. Had no issues, worked over WiFi.

Hmmm....I was upgrading from 1.16...I wonder if thats the issue?

#7304 3 years ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

Sounds like many of your distributors require you to make payments prior to delivery? I guess I am lucky. $250 deposit and rest due at delivery

I paid in full for my LE early October. But at that time it was supposed to be 3 weeks, Not 6 months.

#7305 3 years ago

Does anyone have issues of the ball going back down the lane on a plunge? It doesn’t happen all the time but a lot and it’s annoying. Any easy fixes?

#7306 3 years ago
Quoted from AvidPinPlayer:

Hi everyone. I've had my GNR LE now for about a month and today I achieved 35M + as a score. I'm running V1.14. My question is, what is the average score on this pin. is 35M low?, high. or average? I'm starting to understand the rules better, so I'm just curious.

My GC scores lingered around 15-16 million for about 2 months. Then I started breaking 25 million. A week later 53 million and then recently a 115 million GC. My good games tend to be in the 30-40 million(I probably get a few of those a week?) For perspective though Karl Diangelo seems to get 100 million + all the time. His higher scores seem to be in the 250-300 mil range. And that dude is amazing at pinball. Collecting the Fender patch and other band member/sponsor patches leads to band frenzy in song mode which can really Jack up song jackpots. Great score! 35 million is nothing to sneeze at!

#7307 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Anyone still having problems downloading 1.19 via WiFi? I tried updating from 1.16 to 1.19....everything seemed to download fine, but when the game rebooted it was still on 1.16

Pretty sure 1.16 will not update VIA wifi, you need to use USB wifi was broken at some point.

#7308 3 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

Ah! That makes more sense. I think I’m gonna look for another new pin for now...as I wait for GNR. I figure I have between 6-9 months. I like Spooky a lot, and they are due to come out with their next sometime this summer...

Yeah I already assumed mine would be Summer as well. I figured if I get it by July 4th, that will be perfect. But may be longer, so I’m just paying attention to order days and when they arrive. About 5-6 month lead times

#7309 3 years ago
Quoted from Schaitas:

How do you back up the scores?

USB stick with nothing else on it. Game turned on. Plug USB stick into the USB cable by the cash box. Go into Utilities - Settings Back Up - do what the screen says. Settings restore is right there to.

LTG : )

#7310 3 years ago

Can’t update wifi or usb. This is pissing me off and my cab if jacked up which isn’t helping my frustrations

#7311 3 years ago
Quoted from BeeGee6533:

My GC scores lingered around 15-16 million for about 2 months. Then I started breaking 25 million. A week later 53 million and then recently a 115 million GC. My good games tend to be in the 30-40 million(I probably get a few of those a week?) For perspective though Karl Diangelo seems to get 100 million + all the time. His higher scores seem to be in the 250-300 mil range. And that dude is amazing at pinball. Collecting the Fender patch and other band member/sponsor patches leads to band frenzy in song mode which can really Jack up song jackpots. Great score! 35 million is nothing to sneeze at!

Nice job!
FWIW, I am decent player but my best score is still in the teens.
I will probably get rocking now that I've finally mastered knowing when to cash in on jackpots, especially when it's a song that I'm not A-1 on.
I'm now OK with just scoring 4-6 million or so from a jackpot if it means keeping the ball alive. I love the risk/reward rule play.

I love the rush I get when a 20-Second Ball Save gets awarded during a song right as the last ball is draining. Good times!

#7312 3 years ago

I'm curious to know what are some of the songs that players are striving to achieve or conquer in every game.

What is your favorite song in terms of scoring maximum points?
What is your least favorite song in terms of challenge and difficulty?

#7313 3 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

Can’t update wifi or usb. This is pissing me off and my cab if jacked up which isn’t helping my frustrations

I feel your frustration brother !

#7314 3 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

Can’t update wifi or usb.

Please try USB again. Start fresh. Download Full Install from US Mirror or EU Mirror ( try the one you didn't use before ). Use Unetbootin to install on your USB stick, try a different brand than your last attempt. 8GB to 16GB, with nothing else on it. Follow Full Install instructions carefully.

#7315 3 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

Does anyone have issues of the ball going back down the lane on a plunge? It doesn’t happen all the time but a lot and it’s annoying. Any easy fixes?

Yes you can adjust the one way gate with the blue pad on it. Carefully bend it down or loosen it and slide it down.

#7316 3 years ago
Quoted from highdef:

Nice job!
FWIW, I am decent player but my best score is still in the teens.
I will probably get rocking now that I've finally mastered knowing when to cash in on jackpots, especially when it's a song that I'm not A-1 on.
I'm now OK with just scoring 4-6 million or so from a jackpot if it means keeping the ball alive. I love the risk/reward rule play.
I love the rush I get when a 20-Second Ball Save gets awarded during a song right as the last ball is draining. Good times!

Know when to cash in? That’s like knowing when to sell a stock. Karl never cashes....

2775DF54-4445-479A-8538-027949069E9E (resized).png2775DF54-4445-479A-8538-027949069E9E (resized).png
#7317 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Yes you can adjust the one way gate with the blue pad on it. Carefully bend it down or loosen it and slide it down.

I did that and it helped, but still was occurring. I ultimately ended up taking the blue rubber pad off entirely and replacing it with some self adhesive velcro (fuzzy soft side). Problem solved. It also helped cushion the ball on rollback helping with the center drain issue.

#7318 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Know when to cash in? That’s like knowing when to sell a stock. Karl never cashes....
[quoted image]

I get it, but he's an awesome player.

#7319 3 years ago
Quoted from highdef:

I get it, but he's an awesome player.

When you cash for me depends on a lot of things. You need to know the songs and how close you are to the applause jackpot. You also need to pay close attention to any ball saver mystery awards. If the song is super hard (like Coma) I’m much more likely to cash in if I have a decent jackpot built up. You also need to wait the full time (the ball is in the scoop) if you think you are close to the song ending. It’s saved my ass quite a few times.

#7320 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

When you cash for me depends on a lot of things. You need to know the songs and how close you are to the applause jackpot. You also need to pay close attention to any ball saver mystery awards. If the song is super hard (like Coma) I’m much more likely to cash in if I have a decent jackpot built up.

Right on.
Coma is definitely a challenge for me. Good to know that I'm not alone.

#7321 3 years ago
Quoted from highdef:

Right on.
Coma is definitely a challenge for me. Good to know that I'm not alone.

Shoot the left orbit and hold the upper right flipper. You’ll likely get the coma target you need.

#7322 3 years ago
Quoted from foxtj24:

I paid in full for my LE early October. But at that time it was supposed to be 3 weeks, Not 6 months.

Same lol if I knew it would take this long I?

I?

Ummmm I?

Would just pay and wait like I am

#7323 3 years ago
Quoted from TaTa:

I should also state it was shipped with code 1.16 with no issues so far with anything. The flow the game is phenomenal.

Wow they sent you a machine with a version of the code that is known NOT to be upgradable via WiFi. Kinda messed up actually when you think about it.

#7324 3 years ago
Quoted from Freakyguy666:

Wow they sent you a machine with a version of the code that is known NOT to be upgradable via WiFi. Kinda messed up actually when you think about it.

Not if the game was boxed up before it was known or later updates available.

#7325 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

When you cash for me depends on a lot of things. You need to know the songs and how close you are to the applause jackpot. You also need to pay close attention to any ball saver mystery awards. If the song is super hard (like Coma) I’m much more likely to cash in if I have a decent jackpot built up. You also need to wait the full time (the ball is in the scoop) if you think you are close to the song ending. It’s saved my ass quite a few times.

36 of which were from Estranged on the first ball. The key is that I had five balls locked before starting the song(accidentally.
I wanted six locked). Then there was that "Going to break 50!" excitement. Aaaand.. no. That's when I walked away and decided to sell the machine. I feel a little better this morning.
20210314_201730 (resized).jpg20210314_201730 (resized).jpg

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#7326 3 years ago

I upgraded to 1.18 by USB then 1.19 by Wifi - no issues in doing so.

#7327 3 years ago

Cant wait to get my Le. Anyone know if they are back on the line yet ?

#7328 3 years ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

You will be asked for the rest prior to the machine shipping. They won't ship anything from JJP until the distributor has confirmed 100% payment.

#7329 3 years ago
Quoted from mtp78:

Cant wait to get my Le. Anyone know if they are back on the line yet ?

I would say yes they are...

Quoted from atg1469:

Just got the call too, the LEs are coming boys!!

Quoted from LukyDuck:

Well, I have been informed by my distributor that my LE is on its way and should arrive in the next few weeks. I ordered it on 6 October.

Quoted from fooflighter:

Just got word from my distributor 3-4 weeks out from today on my LE. I ordered on Oct 8th...Happy Dance ensues

#7330 3 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

I upgraded to 1.18 by USB then 1.19 by Wifi - no issues in doing so.

I am about to do the same. What is the feedback on 1.19? Better,same?anybody see any glitches? Don’t want to jump the gun if there are new issues.
Was stuck on 1.16,had to jump through hoops to do the USB update to 1.18,WiFi will be very nice to get to 1.19 or 1.20 . When is desert demolition coming?

#7331 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Shoot the left orbit and hold the upper right flipper. You’ll likely get the coma target you need.

Unless it is a low speed orbit, then it is likely to hit below the coma target and bounce directly into the right outlane. I HATE when that happens

#7332 3 years ago

Are there any new rules on playing the newest versions? The rules I found are V1.08 ...

#7333 3 years ago
Quoted from AvidPinPlayer:

Are there any new rules on playing the newest versions? The rules I found are V1.08 ...

Power Chord multiplier for shooting Duff's Bass Ramp during a song and added Power Chord boost for shooting Duff's Bass Ramp out of a song which boost point quite a lot.

#7334 3 years ago
Quoted from Freakyguy666:

Don't forget that in lieu of Wi-Fi, if you have a long enough network cable you can use the ethernet jack on the motherboard to cable it up to a nearby LAN wall jack, ethernet switch or router. The machine will autoconnect and use DHCP for an IP address and after that, the online software-update menu option works exactly the same as if you were using Wi-Fi.

#7335 3 years ago

I tried updating via wifi from 1.18 to 1.19 X3.

Each time, the update downloaded but failed to verify.

I tried doing a Delta Update Via USB. Again failed to Verify.

Reformatted USB stick. Still no Joy.

Tried a different USB Stick. Update successful.

They say the definition of insanity is repeating the same actions and expecting different results, but in pinball... it’s a necessity!!

#7336 3 years ago

Does the LE have a different shooter rod then the SE? I played a SE and man that shooter rod seemed like cheap piece of aluminum. Very cheesy, maybe it was not original.

#7337 3 years ago

Has Cliffy made a protector for the scoop . After seeing some people have some chipping , I think it is a must-have .

#7338 3 years ago
Quoted from BozoTheClown:

You will be asked for the rest prior to the machine shipping. They won't ship anything from JJP until the distributor has confirmed 100% payment.

Nope. Bank check handed to the delivery guy when he drops off my game

#7339 3 years ago

https://www.passionforpinball.com/wip.htm

Quoted from screaminr:

Has Cliffy made a protector for the scoop . After seeing some people have some chipping , I think it is a must-have .

Apparently he has .

#7340 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Please try USB again. Start fresh. Download Full Install from US Mirror or EU Mirror ( try the one you didn't use before ). Use Unetbootin to install on your USB stick, try a different brand than your last attempt. 8GB to 16GB, with nothing else on it. Follow Full Install instructions carefully.

Still unable to update from 1.17 to 1.19 via USB. I have 3 USB sticks that are 8-16GB in size and tried them all. One is also the same USB stick I used to update Wonka. I tried two larger 64 and 128GB sticks and those boot to a screen asking about a boot device and to plug in a keyboard.

One the 8GB and 16GB sticks, I see the JJP logo appear on both screens for a few seconds, then it reboots, shows the logo, rinse and repeat.

#7341 3 years ago

I had to do a full factory reboot, it took almost 2 hours, went through the process twice and finally successfully cloned the drive. All is well but let’s hope that isn’t the case going forward

#7342 3 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Still unable to update from 1.17 to 1.19 via USB. I have 3 USB sticks that are 8-16GB in size and tried them all. One is also the same USB stick I used to update Wonka. I tried two larger 64 and 128GB sticks and those boot to a screen asking about a boot device and to plug in a keyboard.
One the 8GB and 16GB sticks, I see the JJP logo appear on both screens for a few seconds, then it reboots, shows the logo, rinse and repeat.

I wish I could help more,but the wife did it. It took 4 tries,unzip,format,witchcraft,don’t know what the key was but 4th time was the charm.
We did not do a full reboot,delta install.

#7343 3 years ago
Quoted from Charger68:

I had to do a full factory reboot, it took almost 2 hours, went through the process twice and finally successfully cloned the drive. All is well but let’s hope that isn’t the case going forward

This is what i had to do to. I tried 2 different usb sticks for the delta but no go until i burnt the image and did full install and it took about 2 hours. This was from 1.17 to 1.19. Hopefully from now on it works through wifi!

#7344 3 years ago

Updating this game is painful....I still dont understand why they can't fix the WiFi update from 1.16 to 1.19.....JJP is getting lazy

#7345 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Updating this game is painful....I still dont understand why they can't fix the WiFi update from 1.16 to 1.19.....JJP is getting lazy

The code CURRENTLY ON THE GAME for 1.15, 1.16, and 1.17 broke wifi. It is by definition impossible to make a fix to the wifi code via wifi because... wifi is broken. That is why the update FROM 1.15, 1.16, or 1.17 must be done via usb. Updating via usb fixes the wifi code. Then wifi updates will work again.

I don't have enough info to diagnose any of the usb problems described... Make sure you're doing the right update method. If you downloaded the zip file, unzip it onto the stick and select usb update from within the game. If you downloaded the ISO, make sure it's burned onto the stick then turn the game on with the stick in the usb cable. (Recommend using the usb cable and not the cabinet board for speed reasons.)

#7346 3 years ago
Quoted from pinball_keefer:

(Recommend using the usb cable and not the cabinet board for speed reasons.)

Thanks i didnt know that! I was wondering why it was taking so much longer then your site said. Thanks for your hard work(definitely not lazy!!!) to get these bugs ironed out.

#7347 3 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Last I checked Cliffy was waiting on someone to take measurements to build a set.

#7348 3 years ago
Quoted from pinball_keefer:

The code CURRENTLY ON THE GAME for 1.15, 1.16, and 1.17 broke wifi. It is by definition impossible to make a fix to the wifi code via wifi because... wifi is broken. That is why the update FROM 1.15, 1.16, or 1.17 must be done via usb. Updating via usb fixes the wifi code. Then wifi updates will work again.
I don't have enough info to diagnose any of the usb problems described... Make sure you're doing the right update method. If you downloaded the zip file, unzip it onto the stick and select usb update from within the game. If you downloaded the ISO, make sure it's burned onto the stick then turn the game on with the stick in the usb cable. (Recommend using the usb cable and not the cabinet board for speed reasons.)

Sorry I shouldn't have used the word lazy.....just updating via USB has always been a major pain in the ass on my end, but I guess I don't have choice. Too bad u can't go back to an older version of the code via WiFi, and then update.

#7349 3 years ago

Up till today I only had the chance to play the LE. Today I played both the SE and LE. Man, I really felt the gameplay was better on the SE. I could see the playfield better and it was easier to hit the left ramp and left orbit shots. I think the bass guitar rail going down the left side is the biggest issue in terms of playfield visibility...for me anyway. Not sure if others feel the same.
G
I love the light show much more on the LE for obvious reasons, and I do like the upper playfield and guitar locks. My opinion of course, but if the LE did away with the bass guitar rails it would be a perfect layout.

Now I am second guessing the LE vs the SE. I guess I’ll have to make another trip and play some more

#7350 3 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

You probably need to change the boot priority in the BIOS. Someone else had that problem. Changing the boot priority solved it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

Machine - For Sale
Purcellville, VA
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
The MOD Couple

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 210.00
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 11,000.00
8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ardmore, PA
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 649.95
Lighting - Interactive
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Warren, OH
$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

There are 28,410 posts in this topic. You are on page 147 of 569.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/147 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.