IMG_20240413_155854 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240413_155858 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240413_155856 (resized).jpg
IMG_1426 (resized).jpeg (© Nutty 5.0)
IMG_2636.gif
IMG_2002 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2003 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

78 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 28,343 posts in this topic. You are on page 146 of 567.
#7251 3 years ago

I tried!! Still on 1.16 and working fine. Probably best to just wait until the wifi dload is ready.

#7252 3 years ago
Quoted from pinball_keefer:

Yessir, when it goes live.
Dd will get done if I can ever stop working on bugs, which is hopefully now.

One time over a beer you will have to tell me how you chase down the bugs. Seems would be much harder than straight forward coding

#7253 3 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

I worked out what vireland said by reading his posts. You should try it. I quoted both posts in the post you quoted of mine, so you should manage.
As far as believing me, there's no need as i haven't said anything about the numbers as i'm not an exec at JJP so wouldn't a fucking clue. I have only quoted different claims here from other people and extrapolated them.
Stick up for your mate's claims by all means, but don't attribute any claims to me as i haven't made any.
And by the way, i think vireland seems like a great bloke and i have a great deal of respect for most of what he types.

Ha ha... you make me laugh. I did not mean any offence.

We have bets on when people are going to get their games in OZ. I think the next container to Australia will not leave until late April or early May. We are number 350's (I cannot remember exactly) in Australia for a LE so I think we are not going to get our game until the end of 2022. The only way I think we are getting it earlier is if people bail out.

The reason JJP do not want their manufacturing schedule public is because people will bail out of their orders if they realize how long they have to wait for their machine. Does not bother us how long it takes to get here.

#7254 3 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

One time over a beer you will have to tell me how you chase down the bugs. Seems would be much harder than straight forward coding

5E3E1B79-5612-4589-B7CF-B3069499520B.gif5E3E1B79-5612-4589-B7CF-B3069499520B.gif
#7255 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

We have bets on when people are going to get their games in OZ. I think the next container to Australia will not leave until late April or early May. We are number 350's (I cannot remember exactly) in Australia for a LE so I think we are not going to get our game until the end of 2022. The only way I think we are getting it earlier is if people bail out.
The reason JJP do not want their manufacturing schedule public is because people will bail out of their orders if they realize how long they have to wait for their machine. Does not bother us how long it takes to get here.

You mean the end of 2021 right? If it's 2022 I may as well buy something else to play in the meantime and then sell it once I'm asked to cough up the remainder rather than just have 14K sitting in the bank waiting......

#7256 3 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

You mean the end of 2021 right? If it's 2022 I may as well buy something else to play in the meantime and then sell it once I'm asked to cough up the remainder rather than just have 14K sitting in the bank waiting......

No I mean the end of 2022 for us, hopefully earlier but I doubt it. We were hanging out to get a CE. That is not happening now so we ordered a LE a few weeks ago. 66 games fit in a big container so by my reasoning we are on container 6 or 7 (small containers are coming in as well). In Australia we have had 1 small container arrive in 4 months.. I am sure you can work out the rest.

Find out where in the list (Wayne at Mr Pinball can tell you) you are and you can work out approx when your game will be made. I am thinking they are making approx 50 games per week. You can work it out if you add up all the models and JJP build their games in serial number order. This could change as they may go faster or slower, this we will never work out. It is nice that pinsiders are posting their serial numbers, you can see how many games have been shipped.

I am fairly confident Stern will release 6 games before we get our Gunners! I think CGC will release at least 2 plus all the other guys. No way we are waiting for one game. If we like the next Stern, we are in!

You do not want to be an early adopter with JJP games. Always better to wait so they iron out their bugs. We would have sat the CE in the garage untouched for a while to make sure there are no major issues. Just my opinion.

#7257 3 years ago

I'm not in the least offended. I've got my LE. Send me a PM, you can come play it if i still have it when you get here.

I was only pointing out that i hadn't said anything about what JJP was doing so no-one has any need to believe me.

The post you quoted was one i made an observation about someone saying they were up on things and less than 500 made. An hour later the same person revised that figure by adding 100%.

Same with when the next container leaves, only JJP knows. I don't think they tell Paul or any of their other distributors bugger all.

Same again with you saying they won't release numbers or dates as if you are speaking from knowledge. You don't know why JJP (and for that matter every single other pinball manufacturer) does this, but you are saying 'The reason is". You don't know the reason, you are guessing. I have another theory about why and i think it relates to their competition. I'm not saying it as if i know though, i don't.

LaughAwayPunkin

#7258 3 years ago

Just got the call too, the LEs are coming boys!!

#7259 3 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

I'm not in the least offended. I've got my LE. Send me a PM, you can come play it if i still have it when you get here.
I was only pointing out that i hadn't said anything about what JJP was doing so no-one has any need to believe me.
The post you quoted was one i made an observation about someone saying they were up on things and less than 500 made. An hour later the same person revised that figure by adding 100%.
Same with when the next container leaves, only JJP knows. I don't think they tell Paul or any of their other distributors bugger all.
Same again with you saying they won't release numbers or dates as if you are speaking from knowledge. You don't know why JJP (and for that matter every single other pinball manufacturer) does this, but you are saying 'The reason is". You don't know the reason, you are guessing. I have another theory about why and i think it relates to their competition. I'm not saying it as if i know though, i don't.
LaughAwayPunkin

Thanks for the offer, appreciate it. We live a long way apart!

I think Victor was trying to say less than 500 CEs and 900 games in total (all models). He can tell from the serial number how many games have been shipped and so can I. That is pretty good fact to make predictions with.

Correct about the guesses but they are only my opinion. At over $15K a pop it is bad business leaving cash in the bank waiting for a game from a supplier that will not give you a delivery date. To be honest, I have already written that $1500 off. The game gets here when it gets here.

Stern and AMD give you an approximate delivery date when you order your game. The last 20 times we have ordered they have been on the money every time. We can manage our cash flow and confidently buy and sell games to enjoy the hobby as much as we can.

#7260 3 years ago
Quoted from atg1469:

When did you put your order in? I know, a very rough way to judge since I don’t know how many were sold in between when you ordered it and when I ordered it, but curious.

#7261 3 years ago

No I mean the end of 2022 for us, hopefully earlier but I doubt it. We were hanging out to get a CE. That is not happening now so we ordered a LE a few weeks ago. 66 games fit in a big container so by my reasoning we are on container 6 or 7 (small containers are coming in as well). In Australia we have had 1 small container arrive in 4 months.. I am sure you can work out the rest.
Find out where in the list (Wayne at Mr Pinball can tell you) you are and you can work out approx when your game will be made. I am thinking they are making approx 50 games per week. You can work it out if you add up all the models and JJP build their games in serial number order. This could change as they may go faster or slower, this we will never work out. It is nice that pinsiders are posting their serial numbers, you can see how many games have been shipped.
I am fairly confident Stern will release 6 games before we get our Gunners! I think CGC will release at least 2 plus all the other guys. No way we are waiting for one game. If we like the next Stern, we are in!
You do not want to be an early adopter with JJP games. Always better to wait so they iron out their bugs. We would have sat the CE in the garage untouched for a while to make sure there are no major issues. Just my opinion.

How would Wayne know when Mr Pinball isn't the JJP distributor? I did order on day 1 and agree with potentially 30 arriving at a time we are in for a long wait. I think I'll buy another machine to play for a while and then sell it to pay for this (probably for a profit too lol)

#7262 3 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

How would Wayne know when Mr Pinball isn't the JJP distributor? I did order on day 1 and agree with potentially 30 arriving at a time we are in for a long wait. I think I'll buy another machine to play for a while and then sell it to pay for this (probably for a profit too lol)

Not exactly sure how Wayne knows mate. He offered this on the AA (Aussie Arcade) Gunners thread and a couple of my mates asked for their position and he gave it to them. Wayne is a really good dude, always been great with us. When we ordered Gunners we asked Paul how many he had sold including us so we know approx where we are... Nowhere! I cannot remember if the number was 350 or 380 as I was laughing knowing our game is not anywhere soon.

https://www.aussiearcade.com/forum/pinball/new-pinball-discussion/103006-new-guns-n-roses-pinball-coming-announces-slash?p=2194250#post2194250

#7263 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

These code updates coupled with a non working magnet have kind of taken the sails out of playing the game. Hoping to turn that around this weekend. First update code; second replace magnet coil.

I received my replacement coil as well. Anyone know if the causing problem has been fixed?

#7265 3 years ago

If you are so inclined, here is an iso link: https://we.tl/t-O5LJgPQOD6

Prada appreciates your 1.19 update in her Guns and Roses pinball machine. Thank you Keith !
LTG : )

DSC00472 (resized).JPGDSC00472 (resized).JPG
#7266 3 years ago

I placed an order for an LE a couple weeks ago. Distributor estimated an Aug/Sept timeframe. We'll see...

#7267 3 years ago

I think this was asked before but not sure it was answered. The music volume during a song seems to cut out whenever there are call outs. Is there a setting to prevent that or a way to tweak it so the song volume doesn’t lower when a call out occurs?

#7268 3 years ago

Sorry for the repeated bugs, guys. It is unfortunate but there's not enough internal resources to test everything every time, but it's not like we don't ANY testing. Anyway, we are testing 1.19 now which does in fact solve the crash and as a bonus also solves what I believe is the actual problem with infinite encore (I did a previous fix for this which turned out to be a red herring for the most common problem).
The crash bug was related to some additional not-directly-related-to-the-rest-of-the-fixes code to address display bog. The crash is resolved, and the display still looks a lot better than it did.
In all cases, we tried to turn around code to solve the previous problems, and sometimes, especially recently, it caused other, potentially worse, problems.
Not saying 1.19 is bug-free, but it should be a much better experience than everything else lately. If you are so inclined, here is an iso link: https://we.tl/t-O5LJgPQOD6 Otherwise you can wait for wifi or usb delta tomorrow.
Soon we'll be announcing some ways we'll mitigate these issues in the future.

Just updated to 1.19 via USB with no issues... Thanks Keith!!!

#7269 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

They're averaging just under 50 a week, and the CEs are still under 300 shipped, so probably safe to say the sum total made of SE, LE, CEs so far is less than 500.

Seems like that number should be closer to 850.

#7270 3 years ago
Quoted from atg1469:

I hope that Chaka reads that post ☝️ ... be patient my good friend Chaka, soon you will have your LE at home!

#7271 3 years ago

Sorry for the repeated bugs, guys. It is unfortunate but there's not enough internal resources to test everything every time, but it's not like we don't ANY testing.

Escaped defects happen. It's a fact of software life. Users forget quickly once they are patched!

The awesome ruleset and thought put into goal progression is what perseveres.

#7272 3 years ago
Quoted from Rolls-Royce:

I hope that Chaka reads that post ☝️ ... be patient my good friend Chaka, soon you will have your LE at home!

4BBE0788-23B7-4CD3-A9F0-29638F6601E7 (resized).jpeg4BBE0788-23B7-4CD3-A9F0-29638F6601E7 (resized).jpeg
#7273 3 years ago

HAHAHAHAHA!!! lol!

#7274 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

They weren't at 50/week from the start. CEs are less than 300, for sure, based on serials from recent deliveries. I doubt they've even matched that with LEs so far, but once LEs are back on the line and people post their boxes with the serial as they get them we'll know for sure.

My CE was delivered last Friday. Serial #320

#7275 3 years ago
Quoted from TaTa:

My CE was delivered last Friday. Serial #320

Awesome. Thanks for posting!

#7276 3 years ago

I should also state it was shipped with code 1.16 with no issues so far with anything. The flow the game is phenomenal.

#7277 3 years ago

Full payment in and spot is cleared ! Now I’m in full blown clock watching mode .Reminds me of being young the day after thanksgiving counting the hours until Christmas .

#7278 3 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

When did you put your order in? I know, a very rough way to judge since I don’t know how many were sold in between when you ordered it and when I ordered it, but curious.

I purchased someone else’s pre-sale spot in Late November, doubt that’s going to help much.

#7279 3 years ago

Well, I have been informed by my distributor that my LE is on its way and should arrive in the next few weeks. I ordered it on 6 October.

#7280 3 years ago

Just got word from my distributor 3-4 weeks out from today on my LE. I ordered on Oct 8th...Happy Dance ensues

#7281 3 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

Just got word from my distributor 3-4 weeks out from today on my LE. I ordered on the 8th...Happy Dance ensues

You ordered 10 days ago and only have 4 weeks before delivery?

#7282 3 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

I believe i read somewhere Wayne saying they were mates and talked to each other everyday.

#7283 3 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

You ordered 10 days ago and only have 4 weeks before delivery?

I guess I should have clarified, October 8th

#7284 3 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

I guess I should have clarified, October 8th

Ah! That makes more sense. I think I’m gonna look for another new pin for now...as I wait for GNR. I figure I have between 6-9 months. I like Spooky a lot, and they are due to come out with their next sometime this summer...

#7285 3 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

Ah! That makes more sense. I think I’m gonna look for another new pin for now...as I wait for GNR. I figure I have between 6-9 months. I like Spooky a lot, and they are due to come out with their next sometime this summer...

Better order earlier...I’m sure you know but Rick and morty took a really long time to roll out and they are still making them

#7286 3 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

Better order earlier...I’m sure you know but Rick and morty took a really long time to roll out and they are still making them

I got lucky. Got number 48 and picked it up the weekend before everything shut down. Played continuously R&M during this craziness...you’d think I’d be better at it... . I know to get in early and be on the ball. Can’t wait to hear the next title they are doing!

#7287 3 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

I got lucky. Got number 48 and picked it up the weekend before everything shut down. Played continuously R&M during this craziness...you’d think I’d be better at it... . I know to get in early and be on the ball. Can’t wait to hear the next title they are doing!

Cool! How long did it take from the time you ordered to the time you received it? My buddy is still waiting for his and my other buddy got his last month

#7288 3 years ago

Add me to the list of “ordered during the first week” and just paid final invoice and was told 2 weeks or so.

#7289 3 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

Cool! How long did it take from the time you ordered to the time you received it? My buddy is still waiting for his and my other buddy got his last month

I ordered on the day it went up for sale...can’t remember the exact day. It sold out in 4 hours, so got really lucky. Since the shutdown they got behind, but have been cranking them out now. I think they are in the mid/upper 500s.

#7290 3 years ago
Quoted from mostater:

I placed an order for an LE a couple weeks ago. Distributor estimated an Aug/Sept timeframe. We'll see...

I was given a similar time frame. Feb 14th order date.

#7291 3 years ago

I want to ask is anybody hearing anything from JJP themselves that ordered games directly from them or is everybody thats being told to pay up and given a time frame all from distributors not JJP themselves?

#7292 3 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

I want to ask is anybody hearing anything from JJP themselves that ordered games directly from them or is everybody thats being told to pay up and given a time frame all from distributors not JJP themselves?

My response was from my distributor. Not JJP. Time frame was provided and no final payment requested yet. I presume my distributor will not ask for final payment until it is being shipped or it has been received.

#7293 3 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

I was asked for full payment from JJP last Monday and the game arrived Friday.

#7294 3 years ago
Quoted from Gritty:

Thanks for info, can i asked one more question of you, when did you order your game? Also is yours a LE or CE?

#7295 3 years ago
Quoted from Gritty:

Mind if I ask what day you placed your order with JJP? Really trying to get a feel for what others can expect here with timing.

(oops, Phbooms beat me to it, see above)

#7296 3 years ago

Hi everyone. I've had my GNR LE now for about a month and today I achieved 35M + as a score. I'm running V1.14. My question is, what is the average score on this pin. is 35M low?, high. or average? I'm starting to understand the rules better, so I'm just curious.

#7297 3 years ago

Anyone still having problems downloading 1.19 via WiFi? I tried updating from 1.16 to 1.19....everything seemed to download fine, but when the game rebooted it was still on 1.16

#7298 3 years ago
Quoted from AvidPinPlayer:

Hi everyone. I've had my GNR LE now for about a month and today I achieved 35M + as a score. I'm running V1.14. My question is, what is the average score on this pin. is 35M low?, high. or average? I'm starting to understand the rules better, so I'm just curious.

You are ten times as good as me and 1/3rd as good as the couple of podcasts i've seen.

#7299 3 years ago

Order one day one from JJP. I received the machine on Friday I paid in full on the Friday before. CE 382. Shipped with 1.17. No major issues thus far. I did reseat the power cord coil because it didn’t seem to be behaving properly. No issues since.

#7300 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Anyone still having problems downloading 1.19 via WiFi? I tried updating from 1.16 to 1.19....everything seemed to download fine, but when the game rebooted it was still on 1.16

I bit the bullet and decided to try to upgrade to 1.19 from 1.18. Had no issues, worked over WiFi.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 60.00
Hardware
Pin Parts

8,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Old Saybrook, CT
$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 210.00
€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

Machine - For Sale
Fredericksburg, VA
Machine - For Sale
Springfield, MO
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

8,249 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Temple, TX
$ 40.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

Hardware
Pinball Haven

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 28,343 posts in this topic. You are on page 146 of 567.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/146?hl=jdub03 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.