20211027_193224 (resized).jpg
E292B2C3-D6EB-48F8-A813-84003A27C1E7 (resized).jpeg
BAECB420-FEE4-451C-8BF1-B05C7F7F0581 (resized).jpeg
9F911242-9C85-418D-AF55-9D4306CB330F (resized).jpeg
79E346E3-B893-4DDC-B87C-26892E16FB7F (resized).jpeg
B4762D56-BA20-4173-BA0A-CE0C38BF2D27 (resized).jpeg
34E5323D-9607-430A-A8B5-0C278D05E23B (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

55 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 16831 posts in this topic. You are on page 143 of 337.
#7101 7 months ago
Quoted from Valorguy:

I see a new code update to 1.18.... Facebook shows the update. Confusing part is that is gives links that you must download (not wifi) if you have V 1.15, 1.16, or 1.17....
I just spoke to Ken at JJP about this - he didn't have any news on it yet.
My issue is that this is the FULL ISO file. (Full update). So - no easy Delta update. However, there is a Delta upgrade listed on the support website.
What did you guys do - did the Delta upgrade work, or did you do a full install?

I did full install to 1.17, worked. Delta didn’t work via usb or WiFi.

#7102 7 months ago

Only 1.13/1.14 can do the Delta upgrade from what I read. Any version beyond that must do a full ISO update.

EDIT: See Keefer below. I interpreted the FB post wrong

#7103 7 months ago

There is a delta update out for 1.18 - http://marketing.jerseyjackpinball.com/gnr/gnr_update-v01.18.zip

I haven't seen the fb post yet.

If you are on 1.15+, you will have to do one of the usb updates; sorry about that. Delta should work fine, though.

If you are on 1.13-1.14, you can do online without issue.

If you are pre-1.13, you will need to do an ISO, either online or usb.

#7104 7 months ago
Quoted from pinball_keefer:

There is a delta update out for 1.18 - http://marketing.jerseyjackpinball.com/gnr/gnr_update-v01.18.zip
I haven't seen the fb post yet.
If you are on 1.15+, you will have to do one of the usb updates; sorry about that. Delta should work fine, though.
If you are on 1.13-1.14, you can do online without issue.
If you are pre-1.13, you will need to do an ISO, either online or usb.

The wifi update does not work for me, same thing happening as happened with 1.17. Code downloads fine, hit start twice and then the game just sits at this screen.

Going to have to power down and try the usb version.

PXL_20210315_174621347 (resized).jpg
#7105 7 months ago
Quoted from Lermods:

The wifi update does not work for me, same thing happening as happened with 1.17. Code downloads fine, hit start twice and then the game just sits at this screen.

Also, I've since commented on the fb post.

#7106 7 months ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Going to have to power down and try the usb version.
[quoted image]

You are on 1.17 You have to do a full download per the instructions.

It appears at some point when they did a code update they broke the WI-FI update, so if you have one of those versions it is broke, and the only way to fix is the old fashion USB way.

#7107 7 months ago

And damn people we been doing this USB update for years, dont act like you all to lazy now because one of your games has WIFI.

#7108 7 months ago
Quoted from Leachdude:

You are on 1.17 You have to do a full download

You have to do a USB update, not a full update.

#7109 7 months ago

You can use ethernet cable right from your router if possible.

Quoted from Skyemont:

Can’t use USB. My computer crashed and I need to use WiFi. So I guess us WiFi guys are shit out of luck.

#7110 7 months ago

Delta USB worked for me. I was on 1.16. Just need to put time on the game to see if there's any issues. Fingers crossed.

#7111 7 months ago

You have to do a USB update, not a full update.

Delta update via usb not working either. Going from 1.17.

Here's a video and this is what my drive looks like after the extract. When I open the folder in the root directory, I see a folder gnr_update. Even if I make that the root directory, I get same results.

PXL_20210315_181518228 (resized).jpg

#7112 7 months ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Here's a video and this is what my drive looks like after the extract.
[quoted image]

The zipped file does not need to be on the drive, not sure if that is causing an issue or not. I did a full install from 1.17rc to 1.18 did not try the delta. Just backup your setting and go the full install route?

#7113 7 months ago
Quoted from Leachdude:

The zipped file does not need to be on the drive, not sure if that is causing an issue or not. I did a full install from 1.17rc to 1.18 did not try the delta. Just backup your setting and go the full install route?

I tried it with and without the zip file there, same result.

Full install will be next but if keefer says it should work, trying to understand why it's not

#7114 7 months ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

You can use ethernet cable right from your router if possible.

I don’t have this as a option! So unless jjp mails me a USB I’m stuck with a 1.16 code that’s messed up.

#7115 7 months ago

1.18 Delta via USB
Worked as advertised.

#7116 7 months ago
Quoted from fnosm:

1.18 Delta via USB
Worked as advertised.

Same for me. I previously did the full ISO update to 1.17 last week (time consuming) and did the 1.18 delta update today via USB and worked great...took about 30 seconds. Unfortunately it looks like others are still having issues with the delta update.

#7117 7 months ago
Quoted from Lermods:

I tried it with and without the zip file there, same result.
Full install will be next but if keefer says it should work, trying to understand why it's not

Mine worked and it should look like this on the USB this was Delta from 1.17 to new though.
E5E9958D-53A5-4FB1-B1D4-C1458E13806E (resized).jpeg

#7118 7 months ago
Quoted from Bmanpin:

Mine worked and it should look like this on the USB this was Delta from 1.17 to new though.
[quoted image]

Mine looks the same...ugh. I'm going to have to do full update.

#7119 7 months ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Mine looks the same...ugh. I'm going to have to do full update.

Yours is different. That's the problem.
There's a folder called gnr_update that needs to be in root. It's probably located inside the gnr_update-v01.18 folder.
Take the gnr_update folder out of the one with the full version name and you should be fine.

#7120 7 months ago

Delta update from 1.16 -> 1.18 went just fine from a USB drive.

#7121 7 months ago

I did a DELTA update from 1.17 to 1.18 just now - via USB and it went fine. However, now I have some other issues. I didn't make applause jackpot on a song and when the balls drained, the computer rebooted... Not sure if that's a bug? Also - when I turn on the machine now, I see a couple of lines of code saying BIOS error (2) and method parse/execution failed (2)....

It finally boots and I can play a game...

Is this something to worry about?

#7122 7 months ago
Quoted from Valorguy:

Is this something to worry about?

Not sure, if you can get me a video or picture of what you're seeing, I'll let you know!

Certainly the game shouldn't crash, though. If you can send me a log dump, I'd appreciate it. keith at jerseyjackpinball.com

#7123 7 months ago

Yours is different. That's the problem.
There's a folder called gnr_update that needs to be in root. It's probably located inside the gnr_update-v01.18 folder.
Take the gnr_update folder out of the one with the full version name and you should be fine.

Did that too. Also tried download with chrome and firefox. Same issue. Game does not want to update via usb.

PXL_20210315_190541243 (resized).jpg
#7124 7 months ago

Not sure, if you can get me a video or picture of what you're seeing, I'll let you know!
Certainly the game shouldn't crash, though. If you can send me a log dump, I'd appreciate it. keith at jerseyjackpinball.com

Will send both right now. Sent support ticket also just now. Thanks for the help !

#7125 7 months ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Did that too. Also tried download with chrome and firefox. Same issue. Game does not want to update via usb.

Stumped. First thing to try is to see if you can do a dump log onto that stick. If it doesn't succeed, next I'd try plugging usb directly into the motherboard and see if that's better for some reason.

If none of that works, try another stick I guess?

#7126 7 months ago
Quoted from Lermods:

[quoted image]

Whats inside that folder?

#7127 7 months ago
Quoted from Leachdude:

Whats inside that folder?

And the log dump worked too.

PXL_20210315_191500684 (resized).jpgPXL_20210315_191531148 (resized).jpg
#7128 7 months ago
Quoted from Lermods:

[quoted image]

there should be 2 items on stick the one with the zipper file and the other just make sure the directory only has E:// and nothing else when saving.

#7129 7 months ago
Quoted from Lermods:

[quoted image][quoted image]

I'm impressed you even knew what a log dump meant....It means something totally different to me!

#7130 7 months ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

I'm impressed you even knew what a log dump meant....It means something totally different to me!

Your on a roll today

#7131 7 months ago

Updated to 1.18. first game i play powerdrain all my balls at once on rocket queen and before the bonus is added to my score the game reboots. Saw this happen on stream as well this weekend on Derek who was on Beta 1.18.

#7132 7 months ago
Quoted from Lermods:

[quoted image][quoted image]

That folder looks correct. Guess is full update for you.

#7133 7 months ago
Quoted from Bmanpin:

there should be 2 items on stick the one with the zipper file and the other just make sure the directory only has E:// and nothing else when saving.

Having the zip file on the drive doesn't matter. Besides, I tried it by directly downloading to the zip drive and my pc, same result.

#7134 7 months ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Game does not want to update via usb.

Maybe that's a good thing...based upon what others are posting, sounds like 1.18 may be buggy with multiple people reporting crashes on the new code...probably best to wait till these bugs are worked out. Now I wish I just left it on 1.17!

#7135 7 months ago

I send you a logdump of my crash that just happened in my first game. Hope it helps out.

#7136 7 months ago

If anyone wonders what a spare disc decal cover looks like. Thanks JJP as was only about 12 bucks for the spare and album I wanted!

20210315_131809 (resized).jpg
#7137 7 months ago

Bonus! Thanks Eric for signing my machine. Now all the signatures are complete with this masterpiece!

20210315_133105 (resized).jpg
#7138 7 months ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

If anyone wonders what a spare disc decal cover looks like. Thanks JJP as was only about 12 bucks for the spare and album I wanted!
[quoted image]

Somehow I think everyone who didn’t get this album is going to order one

#7139 7 months ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Here's a video and this is what my drive looks like after the extract. When I open the folder in the root directory, I see a folder gnr_update. Even if I make that the root directory, I get same results.

[quoted image]

I had exactly the same on mine. Tried 2 sticks and the same, said failed to update. I then connected a USB keyboard and was going to reboot and try and get to the Bios, but hit escape on the keyboard, the machine rebooted and v1.18 was on it!
Strange but true.

#7140 7 months ago
Quoted from thechakapakuni:

Somehow I think everyone who didn’t get this album is going to order one

I got the spaghetti one in my Collectors .... so is mandatory for me to change it, a MUST HAVE!

#7141 7 months ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

[quoted image]

Where did you get it, straight from JJP? I got the freakin spaghetti incident - like why did they include that as one of the disc decals, it’s not even represented in the game. Weird.

#7142 7 months ago
Quoted from Stags6969:

I had exactly the same on mine. Tried 2 sticks and the same, said failed to update. I then connected a USB keyboard and was going to reboot and try and get to the Bios, but hit escape on the keyboard, the machine rebooted and v1.18 was on it!
Strange but true.

I did a full install and I’m now on 1.18. Very frustrating to update this game.

#7143 7 months ago

Is it worth updating to 1.18 from 1.17 ? My games been playing great with no lockups or reboots so dont want to mess up a good thing.

Also when you shoot the right orbit does the ball come around and hit one of the slings or to one of the flippers?

#7144 7 months ago

how about 1.14 to 1.18

#7145 7 months ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

Also when you shoot the right orbit does the ball come around and hit one of the slings or to one of the flippers?

With speed it goes to the flipper, slower shots tend to hit the top of the sling shot.

#7146 7 months ago

Our favorite Pinball Podcaster is going to have a field day with the lack of QC from JJP on these Software Updates...first they break the Wifi...then they break the game. I guess I’ll be waiting a while to update....

#7147 7 months ago
Quoted from Lermods:

With speed it goes to the flipper, slower shots tend to hit the top of the sling shot.

I might have to adjust my left orbits ball guide then. It always hits a sling even at the highest speeds when ive felt all along it should feed a flipper to keep the flow going. Thanks!

#7148 7 months ago
Quoted from Freakyguy666:

Our favorite Pinball Podcaster is going to have a field day with the lack of QC from JJP on these Software Updates...first they break the Wifi...then they break the game. I guess I’ll be waiting a while to update....

If he’s even sober enough to read any of this.

#7149 7 months ago
Quoted from Freakyguy666:

Kind of a surprise here didn’t know you were a JJP fan?

#7150 7 months ago

Update from 1.17RC went without a hitch. Haven't played the game in probably a week. First game 250,000. I hate this game. I'm selling all of my pinball machines. 2nd game 60 million. This is the best game ever made. Ha! Scorbit was not connecting to upload my new GC. I'll try rebooting everything and see if I can get it to connect.

edit: Scorbit worked after I reset the machine and my phone.

2021-03-15 21.20.48 (resized).jpg

There are 16831 posts in this topic. You are on page 143 of 337.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside