IMG_2676.gif
IMG_0960 (resized).jpeg
image1 (resized).jpeg
image0 (resized).jpeg
GnRAllenWrenchMod (resized).jpg
200w.gif
IMG_2222 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

78 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 28,410 posts in this topic. You are on page 142 of 569.
#7051 3 years ago
Quoted from TJG81296:

Check out post 5670. Based on my limited experience it should act as an idiot catch (cue me, the idiot) in case you go off the rail pulling the play field. Itā€™s a block of wood.

You're no idiot by any means. That's something you just don't think about having a problem with or missing IMHO. Shocking to read others are missing this piece on their games too.

#7052 3 years ago
Quoted from Gambeno:

Wanted to get some ideas on how to protect a clear coat issue I have at the, "make some noise" flipper. The game was like this nib before I even played it and I haven't given it much thought, I figured if this might be an issue years down the road I would like to prevent any major issues if I can.
[quoted image]

The definitive thread on this subject, as far as I'm concerned:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/diy-playfield-post-repair-and-chip-proofing-how-to-all-brands

#7053 3 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Wonder if i offer my LE up for sale if it will be the first one sold second hand?

If you do you should get quite good coin for it particularly in next couple months. Almost 17k new in Aus however there is a huge wait to get one. I've been offered 18k already for mine... bout a grand diff which some are happy to pay to get it sooner rather waiting up to a year or even longer. Its just what some punters will pay i guess to get one earlier. Crazy market atm.

#7054 3 years ago
Quoted from Gambeno:

Wanted to get some ideas on how to protect a clear coat issue I have at the, "make some noise" flipper. The game was like this nib before I even played it and I haven't given it much thought, I figured if this might be an issue years down the road I would like to prevent any major issues if I can.
[quoted image]

Yelobird method to flatten the clear then a Mylar washer around the post

#7055 3 years ago

PSA: check the two posts under the back stage, they arenā€™t held down by lock nuts and my were basically completely lose before I noticed it. Insanely bad design for posts literally in the pop bumper area.

#7056 3 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

I agree, the design for that divertor isn't going to cut it. Put it this way if I was an operator I wouldn't put this game on site for fear of it burning the place down.

What are we talking about here? There is a diverter coil that stays on for certain game play modes but there isnā€™t an end of stroke switch for super low power or a locking mech with coil release, and coils are CONSISTENTLY burning across the installed base? Wtf. REALLY?

#7057 3 years ago
Quoted from adrock:

Is 1.17 worth it? Iā€™m still on 1.14 because of all the issues that people have posted about

1.17 was the fix I believe for 1.16 issues. I didnā€™t notice anything of note, played great for me.

#7058 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

1.17 was the fix I believe for 1.16 issues. I didnā€™t notice anything of note, played great for me.

Canā€™t use USB. My computer crashed and I need to use WiFi. So I guess us WiFi guys are shit out of luck.

#7059 3 years ago

1.17 was pulled back due to bugs. There was one bug where if you got encore it stuck there forever. It literally played the encore animation and music/light show indefinitely and never gave you a New mode or ball.

I did notice that 1.17 vs 1.14 there were more songs, for example, mr brownstone.

#7060 3 years ago
Quoted from Drenden:

1.17 was pulled back due to bugs. There was one bug where if you got encore it stuck there forever. It literally played the encore animation and music/light show indefinitely and never gave you a New mode or ball.
I did notice that 1.17 vs 1.14 there were more songs, for example, mr brownstone.

Iā€™ve gotten the encore loop bug (once) on 1.14. No new songs, MR Brownstone has always been in the game. Adult mode maybe?

#7061 3 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Well that's the thing, i'm not getting as much as i can out of it. It's only been here a month or so, but it fell out of favourite spot much quicker than most of the games i get. Because it's frustrating me i guess. Can't even break 4 mill.
I'm sure i'll get used to it eventually and she's a pretty bitch, no question.

I had that same problem with JP2 - stepped back from it for a bit then practised the shots and got back into it. never a game I'll love but if I'm playing it I enjoy it now.

#7062 3 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Well that's the thing, i'm not getting as much as i can out of it. It's only been here a month or so, but it fell out of favourite spot much quicker than most of the games i get. Because it's frustrating me i guess. Can't even break 4 mill.
I'm sure i'll get used to it eventually and she's a pretty bitch, no question.

If it helps, this was our experience:

- OMG it's an amazing concert spectacle!
- Shit, now that we know the rules we can't even break 1M
- Maybe this isn't the game for us
- Ok we're having some success, damn this is the most addictive game we have

I feel like you're experiencing step 3 which soon yields to step 4.

#7063 3 years ago

And BTW Susan and I both went through these phases independently.

#7064 3 years ago

I found this surprising. I have a total of 65 games played, of which, not all were on these titans. Maybe about half. I guess those multiballs do take a toll.

20210314_103553 (resized).jpg20210314_103553 (resized).jpg20210314_103607 (resized).jpg20210314_103607 (resized).jpg
#7065 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Iā€™ve gotten the encore loop bug (once) on 1.14. No new songs, MR Brownstone has always been in the game. Adult mode maybe?

Youā€™re right. After I downgraded, I didnt reset adult mode.

#7066 3 years ago
Quoted from Chetrico:

I found this surprising. I have a total of 65 games played, of which, not all were on these titans. Maybe about half. I guess those multiballs do take a toll.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Super-Bands outlast any/all silicone.

#7067 3 years ago
Quoted from DrJoe:

best place to buy?

#7068 3 years ago
Quoted from Chetrico:

[quoted image][quoted image]

That purple looks good on the CE, also consider glow titans:

IMG_2824.jpegIMG_2824.jpeg
#7069 3 years ago
Quoted from DrJoe:

True!! But, not the same feel. But that being said I put super bands on games that are fast and furious since you don't need the extra bounce.

#7070 3 years ago

It's weird how flipper rubber complaints are blowing up lately, not just here but on Facebook and in other game threads like RM.

I always just considered it a fact of life, and if they are wearing it's a sign you love the game and it's getting proper use.

This happened somewhere near 2000 plays for us. I always have a stash of Titans on hand to keep us in the game.

63670476123__11736D70-5B98-40BB-85D9-4F1349355EF5.jpeg63670476123__11736D70-5B98-40BB-85D9-4F1349355EF5.jpeg
#7071 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

[quoted image]

I like those in green zaphX, very nice. This is the 1st time that Iā€™m buying rubbers, so thereā€™s a particular size or all of them are standard?

Thanks

#7072 3 years ago

#7073 3 years ago
Quoted from Rolls-Royce:

I like those in green zaphX, very nice. This is the 1st time that Iā€™m buying rubbers, so thereā€™s a particular size or all of them are standard?
Thanks

Standard for the bottom 3, the one on the upper playfield is mini.

#7074 3 years ago

Here's a few different colors to compare. Pink installed, purple glow and red. Buy a few different combos and experiment!

IMG_2777.jpegIMG_2777.jpeg
#7075 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

[quoted image]

Thanks for the tip. I just changed them and think it looks great!

20210314_105832 (resized).jpg20210314_105832 (resized).jpg
Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#7076 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

It's weird how flipper rubber complaints are blowing up lately, not just here but on Facebook and in other game threads like RM.
I always just considered it a fact of life, and if they are wearing it's a sign you love the game and it's getting proper use.
This happened somewhere near 2000 plays for us. I always have a stash of Titans on hand to keep us in the game.
[quoted image]

I think that I was more surprised that I only had 65 games in... my wife will never believe it.

#7078 3 years ago

Best to make sure you stretch them at the tip when putting the Titans on. Then get used to rotating them regularly so they last longer.

#7079 3 years ago
Quoted from Drenden:

best place to buy?

Marco or Cointaker

#7080 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Youā€™re getting it you just donā€™t realize it. Experiment by back handing shots.
Ever wonder why you can sometimes backhand the right ramp on AC/DC and sometimes itā€™s really hard? Flipper fade.
Same for left ramp of tron.
Most games itā€™s not a huge issue as it just slightly changes the timing of a shot and nothing else. With games that require a very consistent flipper power (R&M, STH, LOTR) itā€™s much more noticeable.

Agreed. I like to backhand the left ramp to acquire patches. It's much more difficult to do on my last ball compared to my first.

#7081 3 years ago

Seems code online was pulled all the way back to 1.14. I am still using a 1.16 that I downloaded. Would be great if there was a log somewhere to advise what was wrong and why 1.17 and 1.16 were pulled.

Oh yeah flipper rubbers?? 82 games...

CE03C110-3984-4567-BC61-02F4D383B78E (resized).jpegCE03C110-3984-4567-BC61-02F4D383B78E (resized).jpeg
#7082 3 years ago
Quoted from pinchamp:

Seems code online was pulled all the way back to 1.14. I am still using a 1.16 that I downloaded. Would be great if there was a log somewhere to advise what was wrong and why 1.17 and 1.16 were pulled.
Oh yeah flipper rubbers?? 82 games...[quoted image]

The stock flipper rubber on this game is junk, so soft and brittle at the same time. It's crazy how they now use these nice rubbers on the playfield and give you the crappiest flipper rubber they can find.

#7083 3 years ago

LTG pinball_keefer
Do we need to downgrade our versions back to v1.14?
Or do we still keep v1.16 in until the code is fixed?

#7084 3 years ago
Quoted from Leachdude:

The stock flipper rubber on this game is junk, so soft and brittle at the same time. It's crazy how they now use these nice rubbers on the playfield and give you the crappiest flipper rubber they can find.

Eh, it's just standard Suzo/Happ red rubber (I think). Probably chosen more for the bounce/feel than longevity - I've never known these rubbers to wear as well as Titans. i do keep a stash on hand though and now and then I'll swap them in. POTC is wearing them right now, for example. My other games are all on Titans.

#7085 3 years ago

Anyone have tips for lowering the shaker intensity for those late night games that shake the whole house? My pin is on the top floor and some songs vibrate down to the first floor. Not good for sleeping kids, lol.

#7086 3 years ago
Quoted from TJG81296:

Anyone have tips for lowering the shaker intensity for those late night games that shake the whole house? My pin is on the top floor and some songs vibrate down to the first floor. Not good for sleeping kids, lol.

Settings/Coil Settings

#7087 3 years ago
Quoted from TJG81296:

How are the shaker effects on this game? I need to get one ordered.

#7088 3 years ago

Yeah got 28M on live and let die... Encore...Encore...Encore!!! Stays on that and never ends. So that confirmed 1.16 sucks. Rolling back to 1.14 I guess. Sucks. I was having an epic game.

#7089 3 years ago
Quoted from Leachdude:

Good, almost too good! I have mine turned down to low and itā€™s still intense.

#7090 3 years ago

1.17 was pulled largely because we thought it was breaking future updates. It was, but we think we can recover without needing isos; should have more news tomorrow.

#7091 3 years ago
Quoted from pinchamp:

Yeah got 28M on live and let die... Encore...Encore...Encore!!! Stays on that and never ends. So that confirmed 1.16 sucks. Rolling back to 1.14 I guess. Sucks. I was having an epic game.

Had that happen on 1.17 when collecting Applause on It's So Easy.

#7092 3 years ago
Quoted from Leachdude:

I replaced mine with Titans from day one, and they are already getting worn down after maybe 75 games. It might just be that the multi balls on this thing wreak havoc on the rubbers

#7093 3 years ago
Quoted from Leachdude:

This was after 200 plays, they give a new set of slingshot rubbers in the coin box, so that must know they are going to break early.

1E987559-BA35-4948-AFAC-A3E60DD6A04B (resized).jpeg1E987559-BA35-4948-AFAC-A3E60DD6A04B (resized).jpegABA31E44-81C0-4B64-AADF-36999AA585ED (resized).jpegABA31E44-81C0-4B64-AADF-36999AA585ED (resized).jpegBB03DEA9-8033-44DF-9CB8-8EA0507ECFE2 (resized).jpegBB03DEA9-8033-44DF-9CB8-8EA0507ECFE2 (resized).jpegCB75A0FD-EB45-4A3A-AAC9-6FBADB292E96 (resized).jpegCB75A0FD-EB45-4A3A-AAC9-6FBADB292E96 (resized).jpeg
#7094 3 years ago
Quoted from adrock:

I replaced mine with Titans from day one, and they are already getting worn down after maybe 75 games. It might just be that the multi balls on this thing wreak havoc on the rubbers

I'd give Super-bands a try. The polyurethane seems to hold up much better than the silicone. More bouncy, but more durable.

#7095 3 years ago

Don't forget, you can rotate your flipper rubber and slingshot rubber to get more time out of them.

#7096 3 years ago
Quoted from paulbaptiste:

Settings/Coil Settings

I looked through all. I will check again. Thanks!

#7097 3 years ago
Quoted from TJG81296:

I looked through all. I will check again. Thanks!

Settings - Coils - 5th one down Shaker Strength

LTG : )

#7098 3 years ago
Quoted from Leachdude:

Pretty intense. They've made good use of it. I literally need to take it down a notch, the dishes in the kitchen rattle, lol. Much better use of the shaker than say my Monster Bash. Live and let die is a good example if you get the chance to try it.

#7099 3 years ago

1.18 is now on the website. Fails when I do wi-fi, will try the full install with a USB. Attempted to go back to 1.14 yesterday with a full install and kept getting install failed. Anyone else?

#7100 3 years ago

I see a new code update to 1.18.... Facebook shows the update. Confusing part is that is gives links that you must download (not wifi) if you have V 1.15, 1.16, or 1.17....

I just spoke to Ken at JJP about this - he didn't have any news on it yet.

My issue is that this is the FULL ISO file. (Full update). So - no easy Delta update. However, there is a Delta upgrade listed on the support website.

What did you guys do - did the Delta upgrade work, or did you do a full install?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
The MOD Couple

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 210.00
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

ā‚¬ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

Machine - For Sale
Danbury, CT
$ 11,000.00
8,249 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Temple, TX
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 649.95
Lighting - Interactive
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

12,060 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Idaho Falls, ID
$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

There are 28,410 posts in this topic. You are on page 142 of 569.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/142 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.