IMG_2676.gif
IMG_0960 (resized).jpeg
image1 (resized).jpeg
image0 (resized).jpeg
GnRAllenWrenchMod (resized).jpg
200w.gif
IMG_2222 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

78 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 28,401 posts in this topic. You are on page 140 of 569.
#6951 3 years ago
Quoted from pinball_keefer:

Seems most people ”get it”.
The maxim you can't please all people all the time certainly holds.

IMG_20210312_135829 (resized).jpgIMG_20210312_135829 (resized).jpg
#6952 3 years ago
Quoted from PinballCharlie:

You'd think.. but that left ramp is dangerous. It's so close to the flippers that hitting the standup target directly to the right of the entrance results in a STDM drain a LOT.

Totally agree, that AFD (Appetite for Destruction) target is immediate drain. I now call it the AFD (Always Fu*king Drain) Target.

#6953 3 years ago

Down payment made. Committed!

#6954 3 years ago
Quoted from PinballCharlie:

You'd think.. but that left ramp is dangerous. It's so close to the flippers that hitting the standup target directly to the right of the entrance results in a STDM drain a LOT.

That's funny. That's what i was trying to say earlier when i got my machine that it was too fast for me (it still is) and nicoy3k tried to tell me that the AFM next to it was faster to play.

But the reaction time from those targets 4" closer is better than my 50+ year old eyes and hands.

Funny bit was that he apologized for the comment and said he didn't understand what i meant till he got more used to the machine.

KidsEhPunkin

#6955 3 years ago

Now im getting no sensors check pfd board every other game. The keyboard sensors stop reading. Hopefully this has to do with the skill shot sensor board being bad and clears up with the new board tomorrow but i dont think it was doing it before tonight. I have to shut the game off between each game to get the keyboard sensors to read again. They show red in sensor test when the game trys to calibrate and says no sensors found check pfd board when it acts up.

#6956 3 years ago
Quoted from DrJoe:

Fender, Gibson, Marshall, Vater. If still early in the game, then panties and bra, but don't bother if it's later in the game.

For me i start with firecracker, for easy triple jackpot in booster multiball, then Fender, to get easier to Band frenzy when a song multiball starts, after that one i start collecting the speaker, the horn hand and lights for unlimited boostermultiballs. when completed those is pick the patch for more scoring of a certain song i want to play. Lost a 48 million jackpot yesterday got 3 band frenzy's during november rain and during that the popbumpers score BIG points if you can keep the balls in them. Also in the same game a 23 million jackpot lost in another song of the same album.

Now i want to do that again but collect them this time around. Oops, i hear Melissa calling to me to play a game. Gotta go.

#6957 3 years ago

Sweet! Sensors working with new board! They must know the Rev A board has issues since there's a Rev B but that's just speculation.

20210312_132056 (resized).jpg20210312_132056 (resized).jpg20210312_132448 (resized).jpg20210312_132448 (resized).jpg
#6958 3 years ago
Quoted from thechakapakuni:

Congrats! Curious when you first ordered your LE

Day 1 order. I inquired yesterday and he said I'm in the early part of the next batch so when they go back on the line my number should be up quick.

#6959 3 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

Sweet! Sensors working with new board! They must know the Rev A board has issues since there's a Rev B but that's just speculation.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Is there a physical difference in components you can see on the Rev B board?

#6960 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Is there a physical difference in components you can see on the Rev B board?

No i didnt see any physical differences but really i didnt look much before install. I remember something similar with WOZ when i had main boards go out on it and the new boards would look the same but have a different Rev or number. Im just glad it works now. Didnt get to play it yet though so hopefully it holds up!

#6961 3 years ago

Count me in into the loser leaderboard. Just had a "You could be mine" jackpot of 54 million vaporize in front of me when the last ball drained.
God i love this game. Got a new target to hunt now!!!

#6962 3 years ago
Quoted from cybevenom:

Count me in into the loser leaderboard. Just had a "You could be mine" jackpot of 54 million vaporize in front of me when the last ball drained.

#6963 3 years ago
Quoted from cybevenom:

Nice! The worst is missing the applause jackpot, all those points just vanish into thin air.

#6964 3 years ago

I know a lot of jjGnR owners are waiting for the JJP Tibetan Breeze 3 flipper cooling kit, so I'm posting here (and in the CE thread) to let anyone waiting for one know that they'll go up on Pinmonk.com tomorrow (Sat) and start shipping next week. They'll be added to the Pinside Pinmonk store after that. Everyone will be able to get one that wants one, but there may be a backup at the beginning, even though I've stockpiled brackets for the launch.

#6965 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I know a lot of jjGnR owners are waiting for the JJP Tibetan Breeze 3 flipper kit, so I'm posting here (and in the CE thread) to let anyone waiting for one know that they'll go up on Pinmonk.com tomorrow (Sat) and start shipping next week. They'll be added to the Pinside Pinmonk store after that. Everyone will be able to get one that wants one, but there may be a backup at the beginning, even though I've stockpiled brackets for the launch.

I just want to say this kit is a game-changer, literally. It makes a big difference if you like to play for long periods as we do!

#6966 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Nice! The worst is missing the applause jackpot, all those points just vanish into thin air.

Some day I’ll be able to feel the sting of loosing a giant jackpot also

#6967 3 years ago
Quoted from GeekedOnPinball:

Day 1 order. I inquired yesterday and he said I'm in the early part of the next batch so when they go back on the line my number should be up quick.

Ok, so JJP is still clearing out day 1 LEs, guess I’m at least 4 months out then. All good, guess I’ll have plenty of time to prime a spot for it

#6968 3 years ago

Can anyone share inside the cabinet images please? I would like to see the rails where the playfield rides on.

Thanks!

#6969 3 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

This isn’t a mode based game. The options and strategy available to you are second to none. Risk vs reward has replaced “modes” it’s what makes the game amazing.
I’ve never cared about my score before this game, I never thought I would. But what you have to go through to score big, while losing huge scores, makes it memorable.

Well said and couldn't agree more - first game I've ever attempted to "really know" the rules ... 'cause I want a monster score!

#6970 3 years ago
Quoted from TJG81296:

Can anyone share inside the cabinet images please? I would like to see the rails where the playfield rides on.

Post 5670 in this thread has a couple pictures.

LTG : )

#6971 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I know a lot of jjGnR owners are waiting for the JJP Tibetan Breeze 3 flipper cooling kit, so I'm posting here (and in the CE thread) to let anyone waiting for one know that they'll go up on Pinmonk.com tomorrow (Sat) and start shipping next week. They'll be added to the Pinside Pinmonk store after that. Everyone will be able to get one that wants one, but there may be a backup at the beginning, even though I've stockpiled brackets for the launch.

Are these sold out already. I woke up at 700 am and the website said sold out. I hope i did not miss out.

#6972 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Post 5670 in this thread has a couple pictures.
LTG : )

I had an unfortunate mishap. Went off the end of the rail. Seems like a stop is missing.

35222BED-1F42-47A8-BE7B-09B09FA6800B (resized).jpeg35222BED-1F42-47A8-BE7B-09B09FA6800B (resized).jpegEB199C83-5FB6-48AD-95FA-32D5216CBAE8 (resized).jpegEB199C83-5FB6-48AD-95FA-32D5216CBAE8 (resized).jpeg
#6973 3 years ago

My wonka had that missing too.. That is terrifying when it slips off the rail, my wonka never did thankfully I discovered it was missing before that happened. I had to cut a peice to fit it and paint it.

#6974 3 years ago
Quoted from HarryReimer:

My wonka had that missing too.. That is terrifying when it slips off the rail, my wonka never did thankfully I discovered it was missing before that happened. I had to cut a peice to fit it and paint it.

My noob self that has a Monster Bash assumed you pull till you stop and guess what.

Cracked the upper play field plastic in the back left also. Really pissed at myself. Perfect storm I’m pissed at JJP too for poor quality control.
E0E02B78-1FD5-47B3-97E8-10AA9328CA15 (resized).jpegE0E02B78-1FD5-47B3-97E8-10AA9328CA15 (resized).jpeg

#6975 3 years ago
Quoted from eagleeyemma:

Are these sold out already. I woke up at 700 am and the website said sold out. I hope i did not miss out.

Same here - same time, shows sold out (sad face)

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#6976 3 years ago
Quoted from TJG81296:

I had an unfortunate mishap. Went off the end of the rail. Seems like a stop is missing.

Mine doesn’t have that either. What’s supposed to be there ?

#6977 3 years ago
Quoted from MT45:

Same here - same time, shows sold out (sad face)

later today guys.

#6978 3 years ago
Quoted from Drenden:

Mine doesn’t have that either. What’s supposed to be there ?

Check out post 5670. Based on my limited experience it should act as an idiot catch (cue me, the idiot) in case you go off the rail pulling the play field. It’s a block of wood.

#6979 3 years ago

Any wi fi update news?Thats kind of the only way for me to update,the game is doing funky stuff now. I don’t know if this is software issues or something else.
If I could get 1.17 to load,that would send my investigation down a path. I am only getting one ball on multi ball,it first did it on coma song,then last night it did it again on another song.My leaf switch on the upper play field is bad,#33. I adjusted it,not registering in switch test.
Frustrating....

#6980 3 years ago

I just noticed that JJP has pulled off the upload for V1.17 off their website. I guess there must have been problems with the update ...

#6981 3 years ago
Quoted from AvidPinPlayer:

I just noticed that JJP has pulled off the upload for V1.17 off their website. I guess there must have been problems with the update ...

They pulled 1.16 too. I went to download 1.17 with the usb last night because it’s error of out on wifi and they only had 1.14 to download

#6982 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

unfortunately when i went on the site this morning (saturday) it was allready sold out. Just have to a bit more patience...
Game still plays great but if i might be going the streaming route in the future it will have to be there. Watching the website like a hawk....

#6983 3 years ago
Quoted from TJG81296:

How many times have I pulled a play field back with a new machine expecting the stop to be there? EVERY time. Yours is no disgrace my friend. Someone should be getting their ass kicked for this oversight!!

#6984 3 years ago

So, has anyone installed a cliffy for the scoop area? How much of a PITA is it??

#6985 3 years ago
Quoted from Animal:

So, has anyone installed a cliffy for the scope area? How much of a PITA is it??

I have one on order. As soon as it arrives its going in.

#6986 3 years ago
Quoted from cybevenom:

I have one on order. As soon as it arrives its going in.

Please document the install!

#6987 3 years ago

It’s likely that it’s not sold out. He added it to the store and marked it sold out until he is ready to actually start selling.

Maybe...

Quoted from cybevenom:

unfortunately when i went on the site this morning (saturday) it was allready sold out. Just have to a bit more patience...
Game still plays great but if i might be going the streaming route in the future it will have to be there. Watching the website like a hawk....

#6988 3 years ago
Quoted from TJG81296:

Ouch. Thanks for posting this. I just checked mine and there is noting there but a few holes. Guess i am missing it as well. Seeing i have a support ticket open for a peeling decal i think i will send an email so the can send that as well before i suffor the same fate.
Its gutwrenching to see those pictures of yours. Feeling so sorry for you man.

#6989 3 years ago
Quoted from cybevenom:

This thing is so easy to make, I may just design some brackets for 3D printing and put them up on thingiverse with a link to the fans.

#6990 3 years ago
Quoted from TJG81296:

I feel your pain. Mine was slightly different, it was the guide that rolls on the rail. Not sure how this happened, but the screw came out so the guide slipped off the rail. Highly encourage other owners to check their guides and screws. Mine got extremely lodged in the cabinet, took a scratching and quite some effort to get it out. Nothing mirror blades can’t cover up, but sucks nonetheless.

Be sure to check your screws, once I got it back on the rail, I found the culprit lying in the cab.

0D3F3F85-75CE-4D5A-8204-103B19D667C8 (resized).jpeg0D3F3F85-75CE-4D5A-8204-103B19D667C8 (resized).jpegE1752E10-48C1-4EB8-85AC-C7F7E00B7AEA (resized).jpegE1752E10-48C1-4EB8-85AC-C7F7E00B7AEA (resized).jpeg
#6991 3 years ago
Quoted from Drenden:

This thing is so easy to make, I may just design some brackets for 3D printing and put them up on thingiverse with a link to the fans.

It's really not nice to rip off people who create things for the community.

#6992 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

It's really not nice to rip off people who create things for the community.

Rip off? I just said I would release it for free? It’s about 10 mins worth of work to create the stl file for the bracket. People would have to self assemble of course.

There is nothing proprietary there either. It’s a 3D printed fan bracket. That’s it.

#6993 3 years ago
Quoted from Drenden:

Rip off? I just said I would release it for free? It’s about 10 mins worth of work to create the stl file for the bracket. People would have to self assemble of course.
There is nothing proprietary there either. It’s a 3D printed fan bracket. That’s it.

Why should anyone do the research to come up with useful mods when people will swoop in and make free clones?

I really dislike the mentality that "hey that guy is being rewarded for his work, I'll put a stop to that"

#6994 3 years ago
Quoted from Drenden:

no offense meant but i rather wait and let the guy who put alot of effort and time in it reap the rewards of his idea and hard work. kind off an unwritten rule not to copy another modders ideas in this hobby.

#6995 3 years ago
Quoted from cybevenom:

no offense meant but i rather wait and let the guy who put alot of effort and time in it reap the rewards of his idea and hard work. kind off an unwritten rule not to copy another modders ideas in this hobby.

Are you new? Unwritten rule? How many vendors do side blades, mirror blades, how many LED vendors are there? Your argument holds no water at all. P.S. I don’t even have to do anything, apparently someone else already put coil coolers on thingiverse.

If I want to make a free version of something and you want to pay for a set by someone else be my guest . This is hardly inventive. It’s been around forever. 3D printing just makes it ridiculously cheap.

#6996 3 years ago

Why do we suddenly need the flipper vans for this game, R&M, and a good few Stern titles?

Can play games like Tron and AC/DC forever and not get flipper fade.

Just seems odd that this has become a thing in the last few years with all manufacturers.

B/W games don't suffer like newer games either

#6997 3 years ago

After 4 weeks playing i started to notice that i sometimes have a ball hangup in my left outer lane so i started to look what it could be. Imagine my surprise when i saw a loose screw wedged in a microswitch cutout under the upper plafield in said outerlane. No idea where it came from or was dropped by a worker at JJP. Nevertheless grabbed an telescopic magnet pen an removed the sucker. People might wanna check before it wreaks havoc on a playfield.
Then i checked for missing guiderail stops i read about in this topic. And sure enough my left side is missing the piece of wood. Gotta figure out how to solve that but will check first with JJP about that.

20210313_180958 (resized).jpg20210313_180958 (resized).jpg20210313_181023 (resized).jpg20210313_181023 (resized).jpg20210313_181054 (resized).jpg20210313_181054 (resized).jpg20210313_181114 (resized).jpg20210313_181114 (resized).jpg

#6998 3 years ago

JJP going to get in big trouble if these blocks fall off and someone hurts themselves.

#6999 3 years ago
Quoted from thechakapakuni:

Ok, so JJP is still clearing out day 1 LEs, guess I’m at least 4 months out then. All good, guess I’ll have plenty of time to prime a spot for it

Not sure where what your order date is but I dropped my deposit with Cointaker Jan15. Figure I’ll go till mid May before I start perseverating and calling 2-3 times a week.

#7000 3 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Can play games like Tron and AC/DC forever and not get flipper fade.

You’re getting it you just don’t realize it. Experiment by back handing shots.

Ever wonder why you can sometimes backhand the right ramp on AC/DC and sometimes it’s really hard? Flipper fade.

Same for left ramp of tron.

Most games it’s not a huge issue as it just slightly changes the timing of a shot and nothing else. With games that require a very consistent flipper power (R&M, STH, LOTR) it’s much more noticeable.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

7,998 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Georgetown, KY
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
The MOD Couple

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 210.00
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 11,000.00
8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ardmore, PA
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 649.95
Lighting - Interactive
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

There are 28,401 posts in this topic. You are on page 140 of 569.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/140 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.