IMG_20240413_155854 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240413_155858 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240413_155856 (resized).jpg
IMG_1426 (resized).jpeg (© Nutty 5.0)
IMG_2636.gif
IMG_2002 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2003 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

78 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 28,343 posts in this topic. You are on page 138 of 567.
#6851 3 years ago

Is there a post rubber on the metal post between the two left in lanes on your SE? Mine doesn’t have one. I added an extra white one I had but I’m not sure it belongs there.

#6852 3 years ago
Quoted from Drenden:

Is there a post rubber on the metal post between the two left in lanes on your SE? Mine doesn’t have one. I added an extra white one I had but I’m not sure it belongs there.

No

#6853 3 years ago
Quoted from Drenden:

Nope - no rubber. That post is supposed to be bare.

#6854 3 years ago
#6855 3 years ago

Played on the 1.17 code last night, reached Encore when collecting Applause jackpot for It's So Easy. All the balls drained, as expected, then the game just stayed chanting Encore, Encore.

I took this video after it had been stuck there for almost a minute. Finally a ball search happened, but it took a long time for the ball search to start.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/CV1ghJztkYCNKWK89

#6856 3 years ago
Quoted from Drenden:

Is this going to be for sale or will you possibly give away an STL file? I’m likely going to be printing some stage gear for my game

I have no idea at this point. Prolly will have a both a piece for sale and a version to print for free.

#6857 3 years ago

Figured it out

#6858 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

You can't pick and choose. Some people may just want to save any adjustments to settings, pricing, coils, etc. That they changed.
LTG : )

Pinside: Will I lose my Scores? I don’t want to lose my scores. How can I keep my high scores?! How can I put my scores back in?

Me: Why would you want scores from previous code versions?

LTG : It’s the SETTINGS they want to keep.

Me: I must have misunderstood!

#6859 3 years ago

It’s a bit of both. I’m in the settings crew. I then just go and reset the high scores manually.

#6860 3 years ago
Quoted from PinballCharlie:

I hope not! I've been working on this proof of concept piece for the empty stage on the SE. I haven't done a new mod in years - pretty excited about this one if it is viable. I have to decide.. add lighting or is existing stage lighting better? I really like the back panel artwork on the SE, so I don't want to cover it up - I want to work with it to blend in with the 3D pieces in the foreground. The textured panel, though, doesn't work well reflecting nearby LED lights.
Pictured is my rough concept piece. The finished piece will be much more detailed. Need bigger speakers and Melissa's DJ station needs more bling.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I’d buy it

#6861 3 years ago
Quoted from MapleSyrup:

Pinside: Will I lose my Scores? I don’t want to lose my scores. How can I keep my high scores?! How can I put my scores back in?

Me: Why would you want scores from previous code versions?

LTG : It’s the SETTINGS they want to keep.

Me: I must have misunderstood!

Backing up settings saves scores. Backing up settings saves settings.

LTG : )

#6862 3 years ago

Saving scores from previous versions depending on what’s changed makes old scores irrelevant

#6863 3 years ago

Guess i've wasted hundreds of dollars on a touch screen kiosk for my players then.

kiosk1 (resized).jpgkiosk1 (resized).jpg

#6864 3 years ago

So im starting to really get the code i think. Its not very deep if all you need to do is play a song from each album enough to light the album modes and play all 4 of those. Then get slash solo and tour multiball. Then your at the final wizard mode Not in this Lifetime? That it? I almost did that already on 2nd day.

#6865 3 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

So im starting to really get the code i think. Its not very deep if all you need to do is play a song from each album enough to light the album modes and play all 4 of those. Then get slash solo and tour multiball. Then your at the final wizard mode Not in this Lifetime? That it? I almost did that already on 2nd day.

You did all that in one game or across multiple games? What’s your high score?

#6866 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

You did all that in one game or across multiple games? What’s your high score?

One game and it was probably only my 20th game ever on it and to add insult to injury the crowd sensor board is shot so no make some noise multiball. I expected deep deep code since its Keefer but seems they spent alot of time on songs but not depth if your like me and try to destroy a game. Ill have to look at my score tonight when i get a chance but i think it was only 25 million or so. I know we've talked about SW premium before and that games got more depth to make it to the end then GnR, im stunned!!! My best on SW is 7.5 billion as a reference.

#6867 3 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

One game and it was probably only my 20th game ever on it and to add insult to injury the crowd sensor board is shot so no make some noise multiball. I expected deep deep code since its Keefer but seems they spent alot of time on songs but not depth if your like me and try to destroy a game. Ill have to look at my score tonight when i get a chance but i think it was only 25 million or so. I know we've talked about SW premium before and that games got more depth to make it to the end then GnR, im stunned!!! My best on SW is 7.5 billion as a reference.

It’s stunning isn’t it?If you had purchased the LE version I would buy it off you right now!

#6868 3 years ago

So, has anyone recently taken delivery of a new LE recently? If so, when did you put your deposit down?

#6869 3 years ago

Is it normal that the code updates on JJP website are gone ?

#6870 3 years ago

I would love when a jackpot is lost that the jackpot score stays on screen a little while longer. Playing today I kept missing what the jackpot I had lost was. Also still think a biggest jackpot lost needs to be implemented in the saved scoring. pinball_keefer

#6871 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

It’s stunning isn’t it?

Honestly yes and no.

#6872 3 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

I feel like GnR Is more of a scoring game than a progression game. The whole point is to build up song values and then blow up songs. The depth comes from trying to maximize your set up for the song and then having 20+’songs to choose from. Your score seems way low for having gotten that deep into the game, I’ve collected single song jackpots worth 40+ million. The risk reward of collecting a jackpot or going for broke is the game.

That said, I think getting to the wizard mode is pretty dammed impressive. That means you built up 4 songs, Played them all for like 3+ minutes, then played 4 mini wizard modes and two other modes. Keep in mind that it’s early code and one mini wizard mode isn’t even coded....

Try increasing your flipper power and your pitch. The SE should play super fast and pretty mean. You can also play with settings to make the game tougher

I’ve gotten deeper into SW in less time with the game and feel like getting to Jedi multi ball is not much harder than nitlt... to me the real depth in SW comes from trying to maximize the multiplier.

#6873 3 years ago
Quoted from Animal:

So, has anyone recently taken delivery of a new LE recently? If so, when did you put your deposit down?

JJP FB shows they are still making CEs. Maybe another month or so before they start making Less again. I am only guessing.

#6874 3 years ago
Quoted from Shmilder:

I would love when a jackpot is lost that the jackpot score stays on screen a little while longer. Playing today I kept missing what the jackpot I had lost was. Also still think a biggest jackpot lost needs to be implemented in the saved scoring. pinball_keefer

Its great to have a battle and fun time with a pin that can stick it to you when you make a mistake or get ripped off with a cheap drain, IMDN does this really well. Also a great feeling when you kick the games ass and you get rewarded

#6875 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

I feel like GnR Is more of a scoring game than a progression game. The whole point is to build up song values and then blow up songs. The depth comes from trying to maximize your set up for the song and then having 20+’songs to choose from. Your score seems way low for having gotten that deep into the game, I’ve collected single song jackpots worth 40+ million. The risk reward of collecting a jackpot or going for broke is the game.
That said, I think getting to the wizard mode is pretty dammed impressive. That means you built up 4 songs, Played them all for like 3+ minutes, then played 4 mini wizard modes and two other modes. Keep in mind that it’s early code and one mini wizard mode isn’t even coded....
Try increasing your flipper power and your pitch. The SE should play super fast and pretty mean. You can also play with settings to make the game tougher
I’ve gotten deeper into SW in less time with the game and feel like getting to Jedi multi ball is not much harder than nitlt... to me the real depth in SW comes from trying to maximize the multiplier.

Do you have stacking turned on or off on your SW? On my SE I'm at 6.8 degrees factory lanes. I just expected something alittle different i guess knowing Keefers other games but what's there is good. Id do like the game it's fun. The light show for some of the songs is great. There is work needed on both Use your illusion modes and all around polish. Game definitly puts you in a multiball trance and you jam to the songs with a flood of balls coming at you for minutes on end.

#6876 3 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

Do you have stacking turned on or off on your SW? On my SE I'm at 6.8 degrees factory lanes. I just expected something alittle different i guess knowing Keefers other games but what's there is good. Id do like the game it's fun. The light show for some of the songs is great. There is work needed on both Use your illusion modes and all around polish. Game definitly puts you in a multiball trance and you jam to the songs with a flood of balls coming at you for minutes on end.

Stacking is on but I never select it. I find that with r2 and Han you can blow through the modes pretty quickly

Don’t get me wrong it’s not easy and I’ve never gotten there, but I’ve gotten pretty close just playing for score. Though you are better than me my best is only like 4.5 billion

#6877 3 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

Cant believe this, 6 new Sterns in a row no issues now grab a new JJP and within 2 days issue after issue.

Yep , Stern games hardly ever have any issues .
Although , they seem to have some problems with the up and down spinner on Led Zeppelin and they had issues with the subway on Avengers , also the diverter on Turtles was a bit dodgy , Stranger Things had more faults than you could poke a stick at , Elvira had back door issues .
Shit , now I think about it Stern has as many or more issues as any other manufacturer .
Sounds like you were lucky not to have any issues .

#6878 3 years ago

This isn’t a mode based game. The options and strategy available to you are second to none. Risk vs reward has replaced “modes” it’s what makes the game amazing.

I’ve never cared about my score before this game, I never thought I would. But what you have to go through to score big, while losing huge scores, makes it memorable.

Quoted from Phbooms:

#6879 3 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Shit , now I think about it Stern has as many or more issues as any other manufacturer .

I wouldn’t expect them to not since they mfg easily 3-4x the amount of machines in a year then any other mfg.

#6880 3 years ago

All I ask is making those album modes WAY better. Tear down the wall one is pretty decent but the others just flat out suck. Intro to Shall we play a game is cool though. Almost forces me to avoid certain albums cause I cringe especially Desert Demolition

#6881 3 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

You can get to it fairly easy, but can you do it while maximizing the values. I've seen jackpots for a single song worth 3x & 4x your highest game value. I think that is where the depth from this specific game comes.

#6882 3 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Yep , Stern games hardly ever have any issues .
Although , they seem to have some problems with the up and down spinner on Led Zeppelin and they had issues with the subway on Avengers , also the diverter on Turtles was a bit dodgy , Stranger Things had more faults than you could poke a stick at , Elvira had back door issues .
Sounds like you were lucky not to have any issues .

Well my TMNT pro has been perfect, my AIQ that i had subway worked perfect and still does for next guy, would rather have a Stranger Things LE, never had a Stern break within 24 hours, and never ever expected GnR to be coded this way from Keefer after loving Hobbit and LOTR code. See i can play too....

Really though i had fun on the game alittle more last night now that you guys told me its more about score then progression. I went into buying it blindly, i dont watch movie trailers just as i dont usually watch to much early footage of games so i can determine for myself if i like a game. Im not a fanboy for JJP or Stern, ive owned both. Im going to keep the game for now see where it goes and how i feel about it over next few weeks. Got to remember ive only played it 25 times now or so so i barely know the game so put your pitchforks away im aloud to be disappointed in the code direction initially since i had differnet expectations. Shots layout wise its got some good flow to it and when you get it rockin the game is a blast but it doesnt give me the adrenaline rush of other games yet. I got to learn how to build up the jackpots higher to make the risk reward higher. Whats the strategy to build them up into 40 million jackpots you guys are talking about?

#6883 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

I wouldn’t expect them to not since they mfg easily 3-4x the amount of machines in a year then any other mfg.

Just wish they made a pinball I wanted.

#6884 3 years ago

Play all the booster multiballs before starting a song and max out the booster values.

#6885 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Play all the booster multiballs before starting a song and max out the booster values.

That could be one of my issues with it, my skill shot crowd board went out so no booster there. Friday part will be here.

#6886 3 years ago
Quoted from wackenhut:

Does anyone want to sell me their GnR CE for 14K?

Did you find one for 14k?

#6887 3 years ago
Quoted from RA77:

Its great to have a battle and fun time with a pin that can stick it to you when you make a mistake or get ripped off with a cheap drain, IMDN does this really well. Also a great feeling when you kick the games ass and you get rewarded

Quoted from Psw757:

Is this the GnR owners thread?

#6888 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Is this the GnR owners thread?

Did you get one in your house yet? If so how does it compare depth wise to Wonka i see you have?

#6889 3 years ago

WOW this game and company are beginning too sound like a continuous TRAIN WRECK, really considering canceling my order .

#6890 3 years ago
Quoted from simpswho:

WOW this game and company are beginning too sound like a continuous TRAIN WRECK, really considering canceling my order .

Based on what? I'm loving my game.

#6891 3 years ago
Quoted from simpswho:

Please do

#6892 3 years ago

Agreed, especially if it’s an LE and helps get me mine faster

#6893 3 years ago
Quoted from simpswho:

Why is that? Welcome to the early adopters club, almost all games (even stern) have all sorts of issues out of the gate. The wifi update issue is a real bummer though i would say, though I havent tried updating my game yet because of reading all the comments here. I will probably give it a try this weekend, however.

Quoted from Phbooms:

I owned an SW for 2 years. Love that game and miss it very much. I would say SW is a perfect balance of breadth & depth. After awhile, i found it on the easy side to get to the emperor. So what did i do? I set my game to only allow 1 extra ball via 100 tie fighters with stacking off (game is way better with stacking off btw IMO), tweaking software adjustments such as these made it a much better balance. I love games like SW where you can get through the entire game in <20 mins, i hate marathon games which Keefer is known for. I for one am super glad that GNR isn’t another marathon Keefer depth game, but it can be if you want to blow up song after song...encore after encore. That’s what’s so great about it, different ways to play it.

4 song modes = 12 mins minimum
4 album modes = 15 secs - 3 mins per mode
Slash solo = 1 minute
Tour mb = 30secs - 5 mins

All in all, looks like we’re right in line with the sweet spot of a 20 minute game until you get to the wizard mode, this is perfection in my book.

That said, if it’s too easy, dial back your settings, make it harder. Set your max ball saver in songs from 60 secs to 30 secs, limit the amount of add a balls, limit the extra balls, etc...

Games that have quick paths to wizard modes (GOT, SW, DP, GNR?) are awesome in my book as you really get to play in the settings sandbox. Games that are meant to be marathon games (LOTR, TSPP, Hobbit) can be much more challenging to tweak gameplay and style.

My 2 cents...but give me a game with breadth over a game with depth any day of the week.

#6894 3 years ago
Quoted from simpswho:

I hope its not because of my posts. The game is great and fun to play. Not everyone has the same tastes in pins though. JJP as a company does do some weird stuff sometimes but they overall try there best to take care of everyone. Lots of blind fan boys follow JJP and would jump off a bridge for them and lots of Stern faithfuls shit on JJP but we all should just be happy we have options and have more fun playing then caring what others think.

#6895 3 years ago
Quoted from simpswho:

Please don’t!... this thread needs you, don’t be a martyr stay here with us for god sake

#6896 3 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Just wish they made a pinball I wanted.

Still making Deadpool's.

#6897 3 years ago

I'm not convinced you only had 25 million score and got to wizard mode? I complete one song and get 25 million. Your doing something wrong with your scoring or your trolling, not really sure.

Also these settings are all set on easy mode it seems. There is no default setting to make it harder, you have to manually change things your self.

Here are some things I have tweaked on my SE, and I am still adjusting as I play. I thought song mode was just way to long of unlimited add-a-balls and ball saves.

Turn off unlimited add-a-balls during song mode. That is completely dumb to have on. I have mine set at 3 now.
Song ball save is at 60 seconds, turn that down to 30-45 seconds.
On my SE I have made it so 3 ramps to lock a ball instead of 2. Not sure if you can make it harder to lock balls on the other models as I do not know the rules/settings for that.

I also unplugged the spotlight on the left flipper, that thing is just out of place it creates shadows and reflections that are not needed.

Also remember not every pinhead is a pro like you. So these tasks will not be easy for all.

#6898 3 years ago
Quoted from Leachdude:

I'm not convinced you only had 25 million score and got to wizard mode? I complete one song and get 25 million. Your doing something wrong with your scoring or your trolling, not really sure.
Also these settings are all set on easy mode it seems. There is no default setting to make it harder, you have to manually change things your self.
Here are some things I have tweaked on my SE, and I am still adjusting as I play. I thought song mode was just way to long of unlimited add-a-balls and ball saves.
Turn off unlimited add-a-balls during song mode. That is completely dumb to have on. I have mine set at 3 now.
Song ball save is at 60 seconds, turn that down to 30-45 seconds.
On my SE I have made it so 3 ramps to lock a ball instead of 2. Not sure if you can make it harder to lock balls on the other models as I do not know the rules/settings for that.
I also unplugged the spotlight on the left flipper, that thing is just out of place it creates shadows and reflections that are not needed.
Also remember not every pinhead is a pro like you. So these tasks will not be easy for all.

No trolling! I didnt understand how the game scored is all and thought i was trying to progress to the wizards when i should be going for jackpots. I dont have alot of time on the game yet since i dealt with the skill shot board issue for half the time ive owned it so far. Im not a pro by any means.

#6899 3 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

Well my TMNT pro has been perfect, my AIQ that i had subway worked perfect and still does for next guy, would rather have a Stranger Things LE, never had a Stern break within 24 hours, and never ever expected GnR to be coded this way from Keefer after loving Hobbit and LOTR code. See i can play too....
Really though i had fun on the game alittle more last night now that you guys told me its more about score then progression. I went into buying it blindly, i dont watch movie trailers just as i dont usually watch to much early footage of games so i can determine for myself if i like a game. Im not a fanboy for JJP or Stern, ive owned both. Im going to keep the game for now see where it goes and how i feel about it over next few weeks. Got to remember ive only played it 25 times now or so so i barely know the game so put your pitchforks away im aloud to be disappointed in the code direction initially since i had differnet expectations. Shots layout wise its got some good flow to it and when you get it rockin the game is a blast but it doesnt give me the adrenaline rush of other games yet. I got to learn how to build up the jackpots higher to make the risk reward higher. Whats the strategy to build them up into 40 million jackpots you guys are talking about?

Booster multiballs, album sales, patches, and ball locks before starting the songs.

#6900 3 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

No trolling! I didnt understand how the game scored is all and thought i was trying to progress to the wizards when i should be going for jackpots. I dont have alot of time on the game yet since i dealt with the skill shot board issue for half the time ive owned it so far. Im not a pro by any means.

Oh and don't cash out of a song, keep doing the add-a-ball to make it more valuable, get to the applause jackpot and encore songs so they are even more valuable.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

8,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Old Saybrook, CT
$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Plantsville, CT
$ 11,000.00
€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 210.00
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Tulsa, OK
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

There are 28,343 posts in this topic. You are on page 138 of 567.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/138?hl=sgsa and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.