IMG_20240413_155854 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240413_155858 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240413_155856 (resized).jpg
IMG_1426 (resized).jpeg (© Nutty 5.0)
IMG_2636.gif
IMG_2002 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2003 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

78 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 28,339 posts in this topic. You are on page 136 of 567.
#6751 3 years ago
Quoted from arzoo:

Pretty much every EM made had relays that worked that way; two coils, one to latch and the other to unlatch. Single coil is just a cheaper way to implement is my guess.

It's not like it's a lost technology or something. JJP has used it in other games.

#6752 3 years ago

Just noticed 1.17 is available for download via WiFi

#6753 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

It's not like it's a lost technology or something. JJP has used it in other games.

My point exactly! POTC has as setup like that to raise and lower the chest forks.

#6754 3 years ago

New code Ver. 1.17 real-time download and installation.
Here is a video of me downloading and installing the latest code on GnR.
Unbelievable that even with me filming (I suck) and not being super familiar with the process the new code is downloaded installed and the game is rebooted and ready to play in around a minute and a half.

I hope that JJP is going to roll this backward to at least some of its other games. This is the best thing to happen to code updates, since code updates started happening.

#6755 3 years ago

Just updated to 1.17 on SE, still having auto plunge after I drain on the song. This happens while the score is showing.... Anyone else?

#6756 3 years ago
Quoted from Tdavis7965:

Just updated to 1.17 on SE, still having auto plunge after I drain on the song. This happens while the score is showing.... Anyone else?

just played a game on 1.17 and I had one random auto plunge, definitely better than 1.16. I'll have to keep playing to see if I can determine a pattern.

#6757 3 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

just played a game on 1.17 and I had one random auto plunge, definitely better than 1.16. I'll have to keep playing to see if I can determine a pattern.

Unfortunately, both of mine happened after going SDTM on the last ball during a song... the score was calculating and the next player came up and ball automatically shot out with dead flippers... so much for skill shot lol

#6758 3 years ago

Guys, I have tried updating MANY times on wifi and it looks like it updates, but the version shows 1.16 AFTER the reboot. Look carefully - is anyone's machine actually updating to 1.17?

Spoke to support who told me to leave the coin door open, but wifi strength is at 100% - I did this any way - no luck.

I put in a support ticket.

IF anyone actually is running 1.17 - it should hopefully fix where the Ball comes out during score calculating.... That is what mine is doing on 1.16 and it's annoying as hell - and basically unplayable since the score won't be accurate for the next player/next ball.

#6759 3 years ago
Quoted from Valorguy:

Guys, I have tried updating MANY times on wifi and it looks like it updates, but the version shows 1.16 AFTER the reboot. Look carefully - is anyone's machine actually updating to 1.17?
Spoke to support who told me to leave the coin door open, but wifi strength is at 100% - I did this any way - no luck.
I put in a support ticket.
IF anyone actually is running 1.17 - it should hopefully fix where the Ball comes out during score calculating.... That is what mine is doing on 1.16 and it's annoying as hell - and basically unplayable since the score won't be accurate for the next player/next ball.

Having same issue where after downloading to 1.17 machine reflects 1.16 after rebooting. So as Valorguy states .... make sure you're actually on 1.17 as more ten likely you're not!

#6760 3 years ago

My Wi-Fi update has been stuck here for 40 minutes now. I tried once prior and at the 15 minute mark I realized I donā€™t think this is working and I powered the game off and on. The game powered up still running 1.16. This is the second upgrade attempt.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#6761 3 years ago
Quoted from Valorguy:

Same issue..it seems to download the update and when I hit start twice to install the update, it happens real quick and goes straight to reboot. Once it reboots, it says that it is finishing update, but when I check, its still on 1.16. I have a feeling that many people think they updated but the update did not really install. Check your version and see if you are really on 1.17.

#6762 3 years ago
Quoted from eharan:

Same issue..it seems to download the update and when I hit start twice to install the update, it happens real quick and goes straight to reboot. Once it reboots, it says that it is finishing update, but when I check, its still on 1.16. I have a feeling that many people think they updated but the update did not really install. Check your version and see if you are really on 1.17.

Bingo.... just see my issue! What is the work around?

#6763 3 years ago
Quoted from Tdavis7965:

Bingo.... just see my issue! What is the work around?

#6764 3 years ago

Stuck on this screen for 40 minutes. Can I turn it off and retry?

20210308_192255 (resized).jpg20210308_192255 (resized).jpg
#6765 3 years ago

I get the full yellow completion bar and then it remains there. A few minutes ago I turn the game off waited 30 seconds, powered it on and it booted to version 1.16.

I started the update a few minutes ago and again it is remaining at a full yellow bar on the installing screen like I showed above.

#6766 3 years ago
Quoted from eharan:

Same here, still on 1.16 after update. I thought it had updated because I didnā€™t get an autoplunge after collecting a jackpot, like I had been before, but I see itā€™s still on 1.16.

#6767 3 years ago

JJP must be working on it. Now it says update failed to verify.

#6768 3 years ago

I was searching through posts, but itā€™s quicker to just ask. What are the best options for replacement pinballs in magnet games currently and where to buy?

#6769 3 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

I was searching through posts, but itā€™s quicker to just ask. What are the best options for replacement pinballs in magnet games currently and where to buy?

Titan pinball standard shiny balls.

#6770 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Titan pinball standard shiny balls.

Thank you

#6771 3 years ago

Mine went in slick. Used USB since WiFi has never worked. Easy and quick.

#6772 3 years ago
Quoted from Valorguy:

IF anyone actually is running 1.17

I am. Used a USB stick when Keith first posted the link.

Quoted from Phbooms:

Stuck on this screen for 40 minutes. Can I turn it off and retry?

Yes. Though I'd do it the old fashioned USB stick way.

Quoted from Tdavis7965:

What is the work around?

Download from the website and install using a USB stick.

Quoted from eharan:

it happens real quick and goes straight to reboot.

Quoted from eharan:

but when I check, its still on 1.16. I have a feeling that many people think they updated but the update did not really install. Check your version and see if you are really on 1.17.

If not. Do it the old fashioned USB stick way.

LTG : )

#6773 3 years ago

Think Iā€™ll wait a couple more days before tackling this one. Hope JJP gets it all worked out, my sterns are starting to get love again

#6774 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Think Iā€™ll wait a couple more days before tackling this one.

No reason to wait if you've ever done a JJP USB stick Full Install. It worked for me.

#6775 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

No reason to wait if you've ever done a JJP USB stick Full Install. It worked for me.

can i buy the download... downloading jjp games is over my head

#6776 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Thatā€™s like putting a rag in the shooter lane to keep the balls from falling out. JJP designed it so I can be lazy...and I like it!

#6777 3 years ago

Now I've lost all skill shots sensors. I reseated all the wires and still nothing. I found a red black wire down by the main board all the Ethernet wires plug into bit I don't think it's that. It's like there all stuck on or something. First pic with darker green is when there powered. They worked perfect before trying to update through wifi.

20210308_210118 (resized).jpg20210308_210118 (resized).jpg20210308_210550 (resized).jpg20210308_210550 (resized).jpg

20210308_211241 (resized).jpg20210308_211241 (resized).jpg

#6778 3 years ago

I had zero issues downloading and installing 1.17 via WIFI, for whatever that is worth.

#6779 3 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

Now I've lost all skill shots sensors. I reseated all the wires and still nothing. I found a red black wire down by the main board all the Ethernet wires plug into bit I don't think it's that. Any ideas?
[quoted image][quoted image]

Did you reseat the harness directly below the skill shot lights (under the playfield)? Itā€™s a fairly big harness, and isnt too bad to reseat. Double check that you dont have nicked wires (mine did - see pic)

1CCFDFC1-2288-4FD9-85CF-BB49ADB93BE6 (resized).jpeg1CCFDFC1-2288-4FD9-85CF-BB49ADB93BE6 (resized).jpeg
#6780 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Did you reseat the harness directly below the skill shot lights (under the playfield)? Itā€™s a fairly big harness, and isnt too bad to reseat. Double check that you dont have nicked wires (mine did - see pic)[quoted image]

yep just tryed it and my wires look good no nicks.
should it show this on sensor test screen?

20210308_212347 (resized).jpg20210308_212347 (resized).jpg
#6781 3 years ago
Quoted from lpgnr:

I had zero issues downloading and installing 1.17 via WIFI, for whatever that is worth.

Go back in and see if it actually downloaded. It appears to download but, once done, go back into Download Update and, more then likely, you'll see 1.17 ready for update.

#6782 3 years ago
Quoted from gmanrulz46:

can i buy the download...

http://www.lockwhenlit.com/ Rob Anthony ( Borygard on Pinside ) has sold them in the past. Check with him.

#6783 3 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

Go back in and see if it actually downloaded. It appears to download but, once done, go back into Download Update and, more then likely, you'll see 1.17 ready for update.

Mine just says that I have 1.17. No update available. I guess I just lucked out for some reason.

#6784 3 years ago

Doing full install through usb. Hopefully it fixes my board issue but i doubt it. Sucks it worked fine until this wifi update issue. I pulled the board and nothing looks weird. The keyboard sensors work as they should and the skill shot sensors light up but dont read anything. Damn it JJP!

#6785 3 years ago

G&R CE #360 in the house.
Game is amazing

#6786 3 years ago

Got 1.17 to work doing full USB upload from image. The sensor board for the skill shot still is isnt reading anything. I reset all the wires, recalibrated the sensors in settings a dozen times, pulled the board to check for any signs of damage, and cused it out more times then i can count. I noticed every board has a green light except the one that the ethernet cables all plug into and theres 2 orange lights on there blinking, not sure if thats correct. My guess is some reason doing the broken wifi code where it sat for an hour trying to upload JJPs code fried the board for some reason but not sure how. I dealt with similar board issues with WOZ so im sure JJP send me a new one out.

#6787 3 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

Got 1.17 to work doing full USB upload from image. The sensor board for the skill shot still is isnt reading anything. I reset all the wires, recalibrated the sensors in settings a dozen times, pulled the board to check for any signs of damage, and cused it out more times then i can count. I noticed every board has a green light except the one that the ethernet cables all plug into and theres 2 orange lights on there blinking, not sure if thats correct. My guess is some reason doing the broken wifi code where it sat for an hour trying to upload JJPs code fried the board for some reason but not sure how. I dealt with similar board issues with WOZ so im sure JJP send me a new one out.

Contact JJP Support - I had a similar issue and ended up needing to replace the shooter lane sensor board and the playfield controller board. Not saying that whats causing your issue but I think support will be able to help.

#6788 3 years ago

anyone else having issues with the JJP support page? trying to download 1.17 delta upgrade and nothing happens when I click on the link.

#6789 3 years ago

Starting to attempt the Wi-Fi upgrade right now. But doesnā€™t something look wrong here? Look at the version and the release date, it says 1.16 released yesterday then it goes down to list the 1.17 changes.

Wondering if it could actually be completing the update even though it never reboots on its own? But the version is named 1.16 instead of 1.17?

3D49A050-1FDC-49F7-9D02-98BAE5F8993F (resized).jpeg3D49A050-1FDC-49F7-9D02-98BAE5F8993F (resized).jpeg

#6790 3 years ago
Quoted from abendix:

Contact JJP Support - I had a similar issue and ended up needing to replace the shooter lane sensor board and the playfield controller board. Not saying that whats causing your issue but I think support will be able to help.

I used there support page on there site last night. Is that how you initiated contact with them or did you call? Is the playfield controller board the board all the ethernet cables run into?

Quoted from PoMC:

Starting to attempt the Wi-Fi upgrade right now. But doesnā€™t something look wrong here? Look at the version and the release date, it says 1.16 released yesterday then it goes down to list the 1.17 changes.
Wondering if it could actually be completing the update even though it never reboots on its own? But the version is named 1.16 instead of 1.17?
[quoted image]

I ended up downloading the 6 gig image file and doing a full install. Took about 1 hour for the game to do the process but now its running 1.17.

#6791 3 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

anyone else having issues with the JJP support page? trying to download 1.17 delta upgrade and nothing happens when I click on the link.

Are you using google chrome? I had to use microsoft edge browser for the links to work.

#6792 3 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

Are you using google chrome? I had to use microsoft edge browser for the links to work.

thanks, that was the issue.

#6793 3 years ago

Just got word mine is 3 days out . relief has set in now/ Was so unsure this was real........3 days and counting

Quoted from pingod:G&R CE #360 in the house.
Game is amazing

#6794 3 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Chrome doesn't want to download it because the page it's coming from isn't encrypted. You can right click the link and select 'Save link as' to get around the issue in Chrome.

I would love to see JJP move to docker containers if possible. Failed downloads would no longer leave the system in a bad state that forces you to reinstall the entire operating system. You could also easily implement rolling back to any previous version.

#6795 3 years ago

Any word when LEā€™s back on the line?

#6796 3 years ago

Having trouble updating via the USB port and I am getting failed to install message. I am using the same USB stick I use on every game I have ever owned, including wonka. Even reformatted it again, FAT32. it's an 8gb stick. Root directory is correct, I think. Delta upgrade. Anyone have any ideas on what might be going on? Wish they would get the wifi version working properly.

Capture (resized).JPGCapture (resized).JPG

#6797 3 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Having trouble updating via the USB port and I am getting failed to install message. I am using the same USB stick I use on every game I have ever owned, including wonka. Even reformatted it again, FAT32. it's an 8gb stick. Root directory is correct, I think. Anyone have any ideas on what might be going on? Wish they would get the wifi version working properly.

[quoted image]

I think theres something a miss with the Delta. It should have a 2nd file saying gnr_update_v1.17 according to there instructions

#6798 3 years ago

Root folder should look like this for full install.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

#6799 3 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

I think theres something a miss with the Delta. It should have a 2nd file saying gnr_update_v1.17 according to there instructions

i think it only looks like that if you download the original file to your USB stick. I downloaded it to my pc and then extracted it to my USB stick so you only see one file. i think what I see is fine.

Quoted from Leachdude:

Root folder should look like this for full install.
[quoted image]

Not doing a full install, delta install.

Going through wifi again, looks different than yesterday, dates are correct now. Stuck at this point for 20mins so far.

IMG_20210309_123942_01 (resized).jpgIMG_20210309_123942_01 (resized).jpg
#6800 3 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

i think it only looks like that if you download the original file to your USB stick. I downloaded it to my pc and then extracted it to my USB stick so you only see one file. i think what I see is fine.

Not doing a full install, delta install.

I finally broke down and did the DELTA UPGRADE (Not full install) so that I didn;t have to backup settings, etc...

On the delta install you will have only 2 folders. The Initial zip folder and then the folder where you extracted it to the root directory (EX - G:\). So 2 "Yellow" folders. One is the zip kind and one is just the folder. The extracted stuff will be in the yellow folder that came from the zipped folder.
Delta Upgrade (resized).pngDelta Upgrade (resized).png

It did work for me - so now on 1.17.... But now wondering if my wifi card in the machine was fried by that 1.16 Gremlin code??

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Fredericksburg, VA
$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Machine - For Sale
Boston, MA
$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 11,000.00
ā‚¬ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 210.00
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

7,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sacramento, CA
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

There are 28,339 posts in this topic. You are on page 136 of 567.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/136?hl=sgsa and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.