IMG_2435.gif
IMG_0331.gif
IMG_2432.gif
IMG_2249 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5614 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5615 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5616 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

78 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 28,085 posts in this topic. You are on page 135 of 562.
#6701 3 years ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

I am seriously contemplating purchasing this pin. For those that have had it long enough to figure out the rules, is it still hard to figure out what to shoot for? As it has been brought up many times, with all the lights it seems like it’s difficult to know what to aim at.
Is there more to this pin than just flailing around in multi ball? It’s hard to find good YouTube videos because of the music copyright garbage

It gets much easier to learn what's going on and why when you have the game at home for sure. Knowing how & why the various 2-ball MBs start; then learning you want to have started them all before going into a song mode for the best scoring. Then all the patches to experiment with. I spent several nights only trying to collect patches. Lots of "side quests" you can focus on.

Should be an easy re-sell or trade if you buy it and find you want to move on.

#6702 3 years ago

Getting quite a lot of tiny flecks of metal on the playfield.
Looking at my scoop, all the coating appears to be coming off.
Is this normal wear?

20210307_181857 (resized).jpg20210307_181857 (resized).jpg
#6703 3 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Yes, we all just flail around, or as i like to call it, hit and hope.
The lights change colour and flash like other pinballs, but we tend to ignore that. Also the callouts, you know, hit the ramps etc. We ignore that too because we are just listening to the music.
It's not the right pinball for you if you like to aim at stuff.

I respectfully disagree. At first, yes...spray and pray.

With time, it becomes more strategic - you find places to stash balls so you can make your shots.
Loading up the guitar neck is the best way, as you can also get a power chord.

#6704 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I respectfully disagree. At first, yes...spray and pray.
With time, it becomes more strategic - you find places to stash balls so you can make your shots.
Loading up the guitar neck is the best way, as you can also get a power chord.

Apologies, should have labelled it as sarcasm.

#6705 3 years ago

Does the 1.15 code have the magnet issue? Just booted game up first time and that's what's on it.

#6706 3 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Apologies, should have labelled it as sarcasm.

Hah! Sometimes with Pinside it's hard to tell!

#6707 3 years ago

I very much disagree with this. This is the ultimate players pin. High risk and precision is rewarded, but there is plenty to flail at if your friends and family want to play.

All rules can be learned and understood, and if you don’t want to do that it’s still fun. That’s the beauty of the pin.

Edit: I guess I didn’t get the sarcasm either.

Quoted from punkin:

Yes, we all just flail around, or as i like to call it, hit and hope.
The lights change colour and flash like other pinballs, but we tend to ignore that. Also the callouts, you know, hit the ramps etc. We ignore that too because we are just listening to the music.
It's not the right pinball for you if you like to aim at stuff.

#6708 3 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

Does the 1.15 code have the magnet issue? Just booted game up first time and that's what's on it.

There is no evidence (at least, not yet) tying a specific software version to the magnet fuse issue.
I honestly think it's just a question of how long your play sessions are and how much heat builds up.
We tend to have multi-hour streams/sessions.

It's not something I'd worry about unless it happens. Nobody knows how widespread it is either.

#6709 3 years ago
Quoted from jints56:

Trying to troubleshoot why my usb isn’t booting and was wondering if anyone has an older full install version I could try.

Try a different brand USB stick.

LTG : )

#6710 3 years ago

GNR SE in the house! (Thanks Marshall at LSOG). Maybe because I never played an LE and I don’t know what I’m missing. But this game is a blast. For me (so far) it doesn’t lack anything. It feels more in line with a Stern Premium than with a Pro.Smooth shots coupled with incredible sound & lighting, makes this one sweet package. My dilemma was this. It would be quite some time before I could secure an LE. So instead of sitting till mid summer I decided to take a chance on an SE. I’m very pleased that I did. If your in a similar situation you just might want to consider. Is it as nice as the LE? No. But it ain’t bad.

1DF40129-9055-4A6D-9D62-EB409D29A820 (resized).jpeg1DF40129-9055-4A6D-9D62-EB409D29A820 (resized).jpeg

#6711 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Try a different brand USB stick.
LTG : )

Tried 4 different ones so far. USB 2.0 and 3.0 sticks. 2 8gbs, a 16gb and a 32 gb. Just doesn’t want to boot off the usb for some reason. Even tried the other boot utility suggested in instructions. Probably best to wait for update over WiFi I’m guessing. Thanks

#6712 3 years ago
Quoted from jints56:

Tried 4 different ones so far. USB 2.0 and 3.0 sticks. 2 8gbs, a 16gb and a 32 gb. Just doesn’t want to boot off the usb for some reason. Even tried the other boot utility suggested in instructions. Probably best to wait for update over WiFi I’m guessing. Thanks

Windows or Mac?

#6713 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Windows or Mac?

Tried both to make sure it wasn’t related. Must be something with the machine not allowing it to boot for some reason.

#6714 3 years ago
Quoted from jints56:

Tried both to make sure it wasn’t related. Must be something with the machine not allowing it to boot for some reason.

Attach a keyboard and keep hitting F2 at boot to get to the BIOS menu, then check the boot priority listing.

#6715 3 years ago
Quoted from DrJoe:

I'm not saying that, I'm just saying we can't assume that it's only a few. I had 2 fail, each within a few games of play. Most people don't know to look for it because they don't know what to expect in gameplay as the game is new. Also, how many of the 1,000 new owners are posting here actively? A few percent maybe? Unless a few of the fuses were bad, I think it's safe to assume the magnet is over-used in this game (or at least with current coding), causing the overheated coil. The diverter coil and flipper coils are overheating too, but they aren't fused. The fuse seems to be to protect the playfield from discoloring due to heat. I find it hard to believe that only a few have the issue for these reasons.

SE owner here with a wonky magnet as well. Seemed to get weaker over time, now it just redirects the ball instead of stopping it. JJP support said the fix was a new coil for $26.

#6716 3 years ago

Great idea. Didn’t even cross my mind to do that.

Quoted from PinMonk:

Attach a keyboard and keep hitting F2 at boot to get to the BIOS menu, then check the boot priority listing.

That was the issue. Thanks for the help!!

#6717 3 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

If you're saying most people have a magnet issue, I'm going to respectfully disagree. A handful of people on here have, but they must have shipped over 1,000 games by now.
I also said there is probably not a software fix for the magnet issue.

I doubt that JJP have even shipped 500. There are others on this thread that could give you a better estimate.

#6718 3 years ago
Quoted from jints56:

Great idea. Didn’t even cross my mind to do that.

That was the issue. Thanks for the help!!

Awesome. Glad you're back in business.

#6719 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

I doubt that JJP have even shipped 500. There are others on this thread that could give you a better estimate.

According to the serial numbers posted, you're probably right.

#6720 3 years ago

Where is the setting to turn the magnet off? Im about ready to just unplug it since i cant seem to find how to disable it in settings.

Also should the action button have a nut on it?

20210307_181314 (resized).jpg20210307_181314 (resized).jpg
#6721 3 years ago

Finally fixed my Weak right flipper issue...

The bracket opposite of the coil stop was installed very slightly off center, this caused the coil post to rub against it Just a tiny bit (I couldn’t even feel it by moving the flipper). Over time some gunk built up causing even more friction on the movement... This also caused the right flipper to heat up much faster.

#6722 3 years ago
Quoted from ShaffeTrain:

SE owner here with a wonky magnet as well. Seemed to get weaker over time, now it just redirects the ball instead of stopping it. JJP support said the fix was a new coil for $26.

Coil should be covered under warranty to the original owner.

#6723 3 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

Where is the setting to turn the magnet off? Im about ready to just unplug it since i cant seem to find how to disable it in settings.
Also should the action button have a nut on it?
[quoted image]

Not sure about the magnet but yes there is a screw at the bottom of the action button. Is that what you mean?

066AD34F-9A37-466D-A8EA-62A413CD210C (resized).jpeg066AD34F-9A37-466D-A8EA-62A413CD210C (resized).jpeg
#6724 3 years ago
Quoted from Bmanpin:

Not sure about the magnet but yes there is a screw at the bottom of the action button. Is that what you mean?[quoted image]

No I was thinking it would have a nut like Sterns action button. You can spin the entire button, maybe the screws loose some since mine looks like yours, thanks for picture!

#6725 3 years ago

Hmmm I take it back

This game (SE) might be faster than AFM with properly working flippers (set at +2)

Amazing amazing

#6726 3 years ago

I think you’re way off. They are about done with the CEs, that’s 400-500 right there.

Quoted from pinballaddicted:

#6727 3 years ago

Installed the 1.17 Code today on my SE. I am still getting dead flippers when collecting a jackpot in the middle of the song.

#6728 3 years ago
Quoted from Leachdude:

Installed the 1.17 Code today on my SE. I am still getting dead flippers when collecting a jackpot in the middle of the song.

I think that is intentional

#6729 3 years ago
Quoted from Leachdude:

Yeah, it’s the way it’s coded now. The main issue with the 1.16 was the autoplunge after draining a ball that ends your turn

#6730 3 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

Yeah, it’s the way it’s coded now. The main issue with the 1.16 was the autoplunge after draining a ball that ends your turn

Okay so the autoplunge issue has been fixed, it just felt weird when it killed the flipper after a jackpot. I thought that was only if you got booed off stage.

I only had the game 1 night before the new code and all the video's I watch the jackpot is collected then you continue on with your ball.

When was this changed?

#6731 3 years ago
Quoted from Leachdude:

Okay so the autoplunge issue has been fixed, it just felt weird when it killed the flipper after a jackpot. I thought that was only if you got booed off stage.
I only had the game 1 night before the new code and all the video's I watch the jackpot is collected then you continue on with your ball.
When was this changed?

1.16, i agree, it does feel weird. It didn’t do it before I updated to 1.16 and on the jjp facebook group they were told that’s how it is coded now.

#6732 3 years ago

Hi All, 2 quick questions:
1) Is anyone else having an issue with the LED closest to the right bottom flipper? On my machine, this LED seems to be outputting the wrong color some of the time. I am having a hard time photographing it, but in one instance the other lights in the area are white and it is cyan. When the other lights in the area are pink, this light is blue. When other lights in the area are yellow, this light is sometimes green. At other times this light seems to work perfectly. Any idea what I could do to fix this?
2) one of my ball locks seems to have dropped. It still functions when it should so it doesn't impact gameplay but I was wondering if anyone could point me in the direction of what I could do to fix it.
Also, I've had my machine since the beginning of January, put about 1000 games on it, and my magnet still functions normally but as stated above, it could be my sessions haven't been marathon enough to cause the magnet issue.(Longest game is about 15 minutes, longest session is a few hours)
Love this pin.

IMG_0105 (resized).jpgIMG_0105 (resized).jpglockDropped (resized).jpglockDropped (resized).jpg
#6733 3 years ago

1) Is anyone else having an issue with the LED closest to the right bottom flipper? On my machine, this LED seems to be outputting the wrong color some of the time. I am having a hard time photographing it, but in one instance the other lights in the area are white and it is cyan. When the other lights in the area are pink, this light is blue. When other lights in the area are yellow, this light is sometimes green. At other times this light seems to work perfectly. Any idea what I could do to fix this?

Go to the test menu, and then navigate to the LED in question and cycle thru the colors one at a time to see if one of the RBG components in the LED is bad. I had this happen with Wonka and JJP took care of it.

Rob

#6734 3 years ago

Hopefully JJP posts the new download on their site soon

#6735 3 years ago
Quoted from Bluethursday:

Might need a light board replacement. Contact support. You can confirm the fault running the all LED test and cycling through the colors.

Quoted from Bluethursday:

2) one of my ball locks seems to have dropped. It still functions when it should so it doesn't impact gameplay but I was wondering if anyone could point me in the direction of what I could do to fix it.

Easy fix, just tighten it back up under the playfield to match the right one. I just did this tuneup on my own.

#6736 3 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

1.16, i agree, it does feel weird. It didn’t do it before I updated to 1.16 and on the jjp facebook group they were told that’s how it is coded now.

I do not see anyone talking about how this is now the normal behavior? It really seems bugged still, this can not be normal it just does not fell right.

#6737 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Hopefully JJP posts the new download on their site soon

Yup still waiting for it to appear as a wifi update.

#6738 3 years ago

Sorry, thought I made it clear in my comments (I'd have to go back and check) that the balls are always collected now at the end of a song.

1.16 had 2 major issues. One was the nasty autoplunge thing, and other was it was waiting until the total pages to kick the ball. Now the balls are collected during the jackpot and total animation to reduce lag after song end. This is all normal, and won't be changing (that is, I will always be collecting balls after a song is over now).

#6739 3 years ago
Quoted from pinball_keefer:

Sorry, thought I made it clear in my comments (I'd have to go back and check) that the balls are always collected now at the end of a song.
1.16 had 2 major issues. One was the nasty autoplunge thing, and other was it was waiting until the total pages to kick the ball. Now the balls are collected during the jackpot and total animation to reduce lag after song end. This is all normal, and won't be changing (that is, I will always be collecting balls after a song is over now).

Awesome....can u please post so this is available via WiFi download!

#6740 3 years ago

Is 1.17 live for download yet over WiFi?

#6741 3 years ago

Question on the SE for locked balls. Is there a visual for how many balls are currently locked? I know I can hit the status report and it will tell me and it also says how many are locked if you lock another. But is there anywhere on the screen/playfield I can look at and see the current number of balls locked for song mode?

Also anyway to tall how many more ramp shots are needed for the next ball lock?

#6742 3 years ago
Quoted from Leachdude:

Question on the SE for locked balls. Is there a visual for how many balls are currently locked? I know I can hit the status report and it will tell me and it also says how many are locked if you lock another. But is there anywhere on the screen/playfield I can look at and see the current number of balls locked for song mode?
Also anyway to tall how many more ramp shots are needed for the next ball lock?

Yes the gun barrel insert near the flippers, when one bullet is green it means a ball is locked

Two shots per ball

#6743 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Yes the gun barrel insert near the flippers, when one bullet is green it means a ball is locked
Two shots per ball

Damn thanks, that will be helpfull!

Yes I know the default it 2 ramp shots per lock, I have been playing around with 4 or 5 shots per lock. 2 was just to easy to lock. I do not see any visual or audio cue for the number of shots remaining or completed.

#6744 3 years ago

This is all normal, and won't be changing (that is, I will always be collecting balls after a song is over now)

Is it supposed to do that when you collect a song jackpot without completing the song as well? Thats the issue I was having with the latest code and I believe I lost the ball as well. I was on my final ball and collected a song jackpot without finishing the song, the flippers died, ball drained and game ended.

Thanks
Ed

#6745 3 years ago
Quoted from eharan:

Is it supposed to do that when you collect a song jackpot without completing the song as well?

Yes.

Quoted from eharan:

Thats the issue I was having with the latest code and I believe I lost the ball as well. I was on my final ball and collected a song jackpot without finishing the song, the flippers died, ball drained and game ended.

Everything you describe was expected, other than the game ending. Possible that was related to the autoplunge issue which is definitely fixed.

Quoted from Forum-ninja:

Is 1.17 live for download yet over WiFi?

Should be later today. We'll let you know.

#6746 3 years ago
Quoted from Bluethursday:Hi All, 2 quick questions:
Also, I've had my machine since the beginning of January, put about 1000 games on it, and my magnet still functions normally but as stated above, it could be my sessions haven't been marathon enough to cause the magnet issue.(Longest game is about 15 minutes, longest session is a few hours)
Love this pin.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Quoted from zaphX:

Might need a light board replacement. Contact support. You can confirm the fault running the all LED test and cycling through the colors.

Easy fix, just tighten it back up under the playfield to match the right one. I just did this tuneup on my own.

Thanks for the info zaphX - one of my ball locks is slightly like this but not as extreme as the picture. I thought i tried tightening it back up but to no avail, it kind of flips around fairly loosely but still works fine so hasn’t bothered so much. I’ll have a second look but I almost suspect the spring is bad.

On a related note to this, when mine first did it the lock would constantly go up and down (unplayable) - replacing the coil sleeve fixed it.

#6747 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Left ramp diverter is better with current code than it was. Before it could get to 220F, and with the newer code it stays around 180F on long games and can't crack 200F in peaks. That's still very hot, but peaks aside is about a 20% improvement, which is moving the right direction.

have to say this seems like a weird design? any other games with something like that?

#6748 3 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

have to say this seems like a weird design? any other games with something like that?

I can't think of any offhand, except maybe the path of adventure diverter at the top of the right ramp on Indy, but that is timed so it only stays held for a short period of time.

It seems to me that there should have been a small unlocking coil added so the diverter coil enables, the diverter clicks into a locked position, diverter coil releases, but the diverter stays locked. When it needs to change the diverter back, the small coil releases the lock and the diverter pops back. One more tiny coil and some extra metal, but it would have made it much more reliable long-term setup, IMO.

Whatever changes they made to the software recently has helped (the diverter can't quite crack 200F now), but even 200F is too hot.

#6749 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I can't think of any offhand, except maybe the path of adventure diverter at the top of the right ramp on Indy, but that is timed so it only stays held for a short period of time.
It seems to me that there should have been a small unlocking coil added so the diverter coil enables, the diverter clicks into a locked position, diverter coil releases, but the diverter stays locked. When it needs to change the diverter back, the small coil releases the lock and the diverter pops back. One more tiny coil and some extra metal, but it would have made it much more reliable long-term setup, IMO.
Whatever changes they made to the software recently has helped (the diverter can't quite crack 200F now), but even 200F is too hot.

I don't know if it would work, but to me a good solution would be leave the gate off (up) all the time and pull it down when a ball trips the entry gate. I'm guessing they've already thought of that and it didn't pan out though.

#6750 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

It seems to me that there should have been a small unlocking coil added so the diverter coil enables, the diverter clicks into a locked position, diverter coil releases, but the diverter stays locked. When it needs to change the diverter back, the small coil releases the lock and the diverter pops back.

Pretty much every EM made had relays that worked that way; two coils, one to latch and the other to unlatch. Single coil is just a cheaper way to implement is my guess.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn
Decorations
$ 49.99
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
Flipper Parts
FlipMods
Flipper parts
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Sound/Speakers
6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Easton, MA
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Electronics
Skillshot Combo
Electronics
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Moreno Valley, CA
$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios
Other
€ 69.00
Pinball Machine
Multiball mods
Pinball Machine
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 100.00
Boards
Led Pinball
Boards
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
Decorations
8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ardmore, PA
$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place
Pinball Machine
$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 210.00
Flipper Parts
Pin Monk
Flipper parts
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball
Electronics
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 649.95
Lighting - Interactive
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Interactive
There are 28,085 posts in this topic. You are on page 135 of 562.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/135 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.