IMG_4223 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2435.gif
IMG_0331.gif
IMG_2432.gif
IMG_2249 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5614 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5615 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

78 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 28,087 posts in this topic. You are on page 134 of 562.
#6651 3 years ago

At what points during the game is my picture being taken? My leaderboard seems like a bunch of shots of my goofy ass expression. And one of me banging the wife on the glass lol

#6652 3 years ago
Quoted from Stags6969:

What’s the worst thing about this pin in your opinion?

The worst thing about GNR for me is it makes me not want to play any other pinball.

#6653 3 years ago
Quoted from Anubis330:

I got this when I turned my pin on. The tilt bob was easy but I'm not sure what to do about the other. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Tilt bob hasn't tilted recently, so it gets flagged.

#59 - Tests - Switches - Matrixed - you can test it. #59 is straight up the shooter lane, a little past the upper right flipper. The leaf blades may need to be adjusted if they are pressed together. ( stuck closed )

To adjust them, it might be easier to turn the game off, lift the playfield up and lean back. Remove the two screws and lower the switch/target on the bracket to get at it.

LTG : )

#6654 3 years ago
Quoted from estrader:

I did find this in the bottom of the cabinet on that side. Don’t see what it’s for.

Page 129 in the manual item #8 . It secures the spinning record so it doesn't creep up or down.

#6655 3 years ago
Quoted from mrbillishere:

I sold my AC\DC LE to buy GNR LE and am not disappointed at all. The sound-system in particular is over the top better. It's what I'd dreamed AC\DC could be like, but back in 2012 Stern just wasn't interested in amping up the sound processor and amplifier. Sure they added a 12" sub to the cabinet's BOM but that really didn't do it.
First thing to really blow me away was the video-jukebox attract mode plus the lightshows. OMG. And the in-game songs each being different in terms of light shows, shaker integration, overall difficulty is just great.
The only downside to this pin is the fact that I've had one GNR song or another stuck in my head constantly since I took delivery of this impressive machine. Not a complaint, just an annoyance and proof that this thing gets under your skin. I knew and liked oh, maybe five of their chart toppers prior to owning this pin. Now I've really come to love a few I'd never even heard before like:
- Coma
- My Michelle
- Better
- It's so easy
- Out ta get me
I'd really like an AFD album-jacket to use as a topper. I've already bought the remastered 2-disc CD but yeah, want vinyl.

Never really knew the song Chinese Democracy before getting my GnR. Have to say, it is one of my favourite song choices on the game! It's great when you can be introduced to new music from playing a pin. Wasn't really a big Metallica fan until I got the pinball and now love their music.

#6656 3 years ago
Quoted from Dashmonster:

And one of me banging the wife on the glass lol

Pic's or it didn't happen....

#6657 3 years ago
Quoted from mrbillishere:

I sold my AC\DC LE to buy GNR LE and am not disappointed at all. The sound-system in particular is over the top better. It's what I'd dreamed AC\DC could be like, but back in 2012 Stern just wasn't interested in amping up the sound processor and amplifier. Sure they added a 12" sub to the cabinet's BOM but that really didn't do it.
First thing to really blow me away was the video-jukebox attract mode plus the lightshows. OMG. And the in-game songs each being different in terms of light shows, shaker integration, overall difficulty is just great.
The only downside to this pin is the fact that I've had one GNR song or another stuck in my head constantly since I took delivery of this impressive machine. Not a complaint, just an annoyance and proof that this thing gets under your skin. I knew and liked oh, maybe five of their chart toppers prior to owning this pin. Now I've really come to love a few I'd never even heard before like:
- Coma
- My Michelle
- Better
- It's so easy
- Out ta get me
I'd really like an AFD album-jacket to use as a topper. I've already bought the remastered 2-disc CD but yeah, want vinyl.

You could consider one of these @mrbillishere
https://knucklebonz.com/product/guns-n-roses-appetite-for-destruction-3d-vinyl/

#6658 3 years ago
Quoted from DorkVonWaterfall:

Ha I was thinking it it but was leary of asking.lol

#6659 3 years ago
Quoted from DorkVonWaterfall:

He can't.

He mistyped and forgot the word 'neighbours' before the word wife.

#6660 3 years ago

Dammit. Just saw this while playing with a buddy of mine. Anyone else have seen this issue. The decal is coming loose and will not re attach. What makes it worse its taken the text of the speaker. Issued a support ticket with JJP. Hope it will get resolved that way.

20210306_210723 (resized).jpg20210306_210723 (resized).jpg20210306_210751 (resized).jpg20210306_210751 (resized).jpg20210306_210759 (resized).jpg20210306_210759 (resized).jpg
#6661 3 years ago

Just email JJP they will send you new sticker

#6662 3 years ago

Here's a soft launch of 1.17. it should fix the current problems.

I didn't do a very good job of setting the expectation of balls draining after a song now, nor was it done in the best way. If there are still issues with this release, please post here or email keith at jjp.

https://we.tl/t-TgiwMDDnnB

Will probably release for real on Monday.

#6663 3 years ago
Quoted from pinball_keefer:

I didn't do a very good job of setting the expectation of balls draining after a song now, nor was it done in the best way. If there are still issues with this release, please post here or email keith at jjp.

Thanks for getting it out, and on a Saturday to boot! I can wait for monday, however great job getting on this so fast Keefer!

#6664 3 years ago

Thank you Keith !

#6665 3 years ago

Thanks alot for jumping on this problem so promptly. Now thats dedication. Downloading as i am typing this.
Just to be sure. Is this a full install?

#6666 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Ask your distributor, they should have a rough eta.

Direct from JJP. No distro.

#6667 3 years ago
Quoted from cybevenom:

Thanks alot for jumping on this problem so promptly. Now thats dedication. Downloading as i am typing this.
Just to be sure. Is this a full install?

I think ( but am not really sure) that you have to go through the full install with an iso file.

#6668 3 years ago
Quoted from cybevenom:

Dammit. Just saw this while playing with a buddy of mine. Anyone else have seen this issue. The decal is coming loose and will not re attach. What makes it worse its taken the text of the speaker. Issued a support ticket with JJP. Hope it will get resolved that way.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Is that just an applied clear protector for assembly? Haven’t checked mine but it does look clearer without the protector.

#6669 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Is that just an applied clear protector for assembly? Haven’t checked mine but it does look clearer without the protector.

the text is being pulled of the surface and sticking partly on the clear so it is not just a protector i think.

#6670 3 years ago
Quoted from cybevenom:

Is this a full install?

Yes it is.

#6671 3 years ago

If you can wait until Monday, it should be available via internet on your game then sometime. (If you don't want to mess with an ISO)

#6672 3 years ago

If you can wait until Monday, it should be available via internet on your game then sometime. (If you don't want to mess with an ISO)

Thanks for your hard (and speedy) work on this!

#6673 3 years ago
Quoted from cybevenom:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

3M 467MP is made for repairs like this (and making new target stickers with it and mylar sandwiching a printed square). They sell it on Amazon in rolls of various widths and lengths. A must for a pinball toolkit.

#6674 3 years ago

Anyone else had this problem? I noticed the left light was no longer moving. Looks like the little arm that moves it around broke off.

A5DBB9C6-5202-4CC4-B226-6933DB2A8B2C (resized).jpegA5DBB9C6-5202-4CC4-B226-6933DB2A8B2C (resized).jpegE2D18C14-B14A-4104-ABD4-129870D7FFE7 (resized).jpegE2D18C14-B14A-4104-ABD4-129870D7FFE7 (resized).jpeg
#6675 3 years ago

Nice thanks, gonna give this a go this evening.

I'm new to JJP code updates, does one code work for SE/LE/CE?

#6676 3 years ago
Quoted from Leachdude:

I'm new to JJP code updates, does one code work for SE/LE/CE?

Yes. Follow directions on the website for Full Install for this one.

https://www.jerseyjackpinball.com/support/ - Go to Downloads - any of the games listed have instructions for a Full Install.

Follow carefully. USB stick 8GB to 16GB. Nothing else on it.

#6677 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

3M 467MP is made for repairs like this (and making new target stickers with it and mylar sandwiching a printed square). They sell it on Amazon in rolls of various widths and lengths. A must for a pinball toolkit.

Why would anybody want to repair a factory item without reaching out to JJP first? If that’s what JJP recommends and covers then I would go with it

#6678 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Yes. Follow directions on the website for Full Install for this one.
https://www.jerseyjackpinball.com/support/ - Go to Downloads - any of the games listed have instructions for a Full Install.
Follow carefully. USB stick 8GB to 16GB. Nothing else on it.

It's probably user error, but I tried multiple USB sticks and both utilities to create the bootable USB image. It appears to try and boot from the USB, but I see a quick message about "mount" failed.

#6679 3 years ago

have to say I'm loving his game - the integration, theme and music and play is fantastic, maybe slightly too many balls during multeye-ball but really enjoying this; the light show during some of the tunes is just out of this world, here are a couple of clips from my stream yesterday...

Got a couple of niggles though. the one way gate at launch seems to let a lot of balls back down to the plunger, and I've had a stuck ball at the centre spinner also which is a glass off job. any hints appreciated before I got fiddle myself.

#6680 3 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

the one way gate at launch seems to let a lot of balls back down to the plunger

MT45 had a great post and added a few small washers on the gate which pushed it down just enough to prevent that. Check out post 1824 in the CE thread: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-game-6-collector-s-edition-/page/37#post-6093869

As for the spinner, perhaps not a solve and just a coincidence, but I got a few stuck there within my first few days and have not had one in weeks. I did play with my incline a bit for other reasons but perhaps it played a factor? I’m around 6.8 FWIW

Edit: added link

#6681 3 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

I’ve skimmed the latest, and apologize if this is redundant...I ordered an LE in January 2021...any idea at timing...6 months...1 year? Need to make room and a rough ETA would be great.

Ordered mine on 12th October. Still waiting. No ETA.

#6682 3 years ago

If you run over the GNR lane or exit the mini through the hole behind the flipper, you get a GNR letter toward a patch. So, why do sometimes, or what takes letters away from that. I'll have the G lit on the screen, then I look up and the G isn't lit anymore.

Another patch question, I'm pretty sure patches like Fender (recieve progress toward two band members when you hit one) carry over into the song. But do all patches carry over and help during songs? Do spotting members carry into songs? What does and what doesn't?

#6683 3 years ago

Just joined the club. Should i turn the magnet off so it doesnt burn out before i even play it or does the 1.17 code fix the issue?

#6684 3 years ago

The majority of people haven't had an issue. Wait until tomorrow, update the pin, and just play it. If my advice is bad and you blow the fuse, it's an easy fix. But if you're willing to turn the feature off, you're probably willing to be without it for a few days until they send the fix.

Just don't bypass the fuse, it's there for a reason.

Quoted from Phbooms:

Just joined the club. Should i turn the magnet off so it doesnt burn out before i even play it or does the 1.17 code fix the issue?

#6685 3 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

If you run over the GNR lane or exit the mini through the hole behind the flipper, you get a GNR letter toward a patch. So, why do sometimes, or what takes letters away from that. I'll have the G lit on the screen, then I look up and the G isn't lit any more

Hitting the flippers cycles the lit inlanes. You got a GNR letter then flipped and it moved to AMP or JAM lanes.

#6686 3 years ago

I had no idea. Very helpful. Thanks.

Quoted from zaphX:

Hitting the flippers cycles the lit inlanes. You got a GNR letter then flipped and it moved to AMP or JAM lanes.

#6687 3 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

The majority of people haven't had an issue. Wait until tomorrow, update the pin, and just play it. If my advice is bad and you blow the fuse, it's an easy fix. But if you're willing to turn the feature off, you're probably willing to be without it for a few days until they send the fix.

Is there a different code coming out tomorrow then the one Keith posted? I think ill turn it off to play on the safe side until tomorrow either way , thanks for advise!

#6688 3 years ago

Possibly, probably not? I just said wait until tomorrow to update because I assumed you weren't going to deal with loading the ISO.

You can also load the ISO, I'm not convinced the new version contains a "fix" but there is some speculation and updating to the latest version is (almost) never a bad idea.

Quoted from Phbooms:

Is there a different code coming out tomorrow then the one Keith posted? I think ill turn it off to play on the safe side until tomorrow either way , thanks for advise!

#6689 3 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

I haven't heard anyone from JJP say they had a fix for the magnet. I'm not sure we can claim the majority of people haven't had the issue. I'd guess that's not the case. A lot of people don't seem to realize it isn't working until they specifically pay attention to it (being a new game with so much going on). I would not assume tomorrow's code-drop will fix this.

#6690 3 years ago

If you're saying most people have a magnet issue, I'm going to respectfully disagree. A handful of people on here have, but they must have shipped over 1,000 games by now.

I also said there is probably not a software fix for the magnet issue.

Quoted from DrJoe:

I haven't heard anyone from JJP say they had a fix for the magnet. I'm not sure we can claim the majority of people haven't had the issue. I'd guess that's not the case. A lot of people don't seem to realize it isn't working until they specifically pay attention to it (being a new game with so much going on). I would not assume tomorrow's code-drop will fix this.

#6691 3 years ago
Quoted from DrJoe:

Quoted from jalpert:

If you're saying most people have a magnet issue, I'm going to respectfully disagree. A handful of people on here have, but they must have shipped over 1,000 games by now.
I also said there is probably not a software fix for the magnet issue.

What does the magnet do during gameplay? Just wondering since i wont be turning it on until i know its safe.

#6692 3 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

If you're saying most people have a magnet issue, I'm going to respectfully disagree. A handful of people on here have, but they must have shipped over 1,000 games by now. d

I'm not saying that, I'm just saying we can't assume that it's only a few. I had 2 fail, each within a few games of play. Most people don't know to look for it because they don't know what to expect in gameplay as the game is new. Also, how many of the 1,000 new owners are posting here actively? A few percent maybe? Unless a few of the fuses were bad, I think it's safe to assume the magnet is over-used in this game (or at least with current coding), causing the overheated coil. The diverter coil and flipper coils are overheating too, but they aren't fused. The fuse seems to be to protect the playfield from discoloring due to heat. I find it hard to believe that only a few have the issue for these reasons.

#6693 3 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

What does the magnet do during gameplay? Just wondering since i wont be turning it on until i know its safe.

The magnet grabs the ball on orbit shots, dropping in through the center lane up top and into the pop bumpers. Extra balls are collected this well, as is Axl. There are no gates at the top to drop the ball into the pops, just the magnet.

#6694 3 years ago

I hope you get your issue fixed soon!

Quoted from DrJoe:

I'm not saying that, I'm just saying we can't assume that it's only a few. I had 2 fail, each within a few games of play. Most people don't know to look for it because they don't know what to expect in gameplay as the game is new. Also, how many of the 1,000 new owners are posting here actively? A few percent maybe? Unless a few of the fuses were bad, I think it's safe to assume the magnet is over-used in this game (or at least with current coding), causing the overheated coil. The diverter coil and flipper coils are overheating too, but they aren't fused. The fuse seems to be to protect the playfield from discoloring due to heat. I find it hard to believe that only a few have the issue for these reasons.

#6695 3 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

I hope you get your issue fixed soon!

Thanks! I'm sure they'll figure it out. I haven't lost a wink of sleep over it!

#6696 3 years ago
1201B77F-BFE0-4289-A1FC-B5FE4362C2CD.gif1201B77F-BFE0-4289-A1FC-B5FE4362C2CD.gif
#6697 3 years ago

I am seriously contemplating purchasing this pin. For those that have had it long enough to figure out the rules, is it still hard to figure out what to shoot for? As it has been brought up many times, with all the lights it seems like it’s difficult to know what to aim at.

Is there more to this pin than just flailing around in multi ball? It’s hard to find good YouTube videos because of the music copyright garbage

#6698 3 years ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

I am seriously contemplating purchasing this pin. For those that have had it long enough to figure out the rules, is it still hard to figure out what to shoot for? As it has been brought up many times, with all the lights it seems like it’s difficult to know what to aim at.
Is there more to this pin than just flailing around in multi ball? It’s hard to find good YouTube videos because of the music copyright garbage

#6699 3 years ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

Yes, we all just flail around, or as i like to call it, hit and hope.

The lights change colour and flash like other pinballs, but we tend to ignore that. Also the callouts, you know, hit the ramps etc. We ignore that too because we are just listening to the music.

It's not the right pinball for you if you like to aim at stuff.

#6700 3 years ago

Trying to troubleshoot why my usb isn’t booting and was wondering if anyone has an older full install version I could try.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn
Decorations
$ 49.99
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
Flipper Parts
FlipMods
Flipper parts
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Sound/Speakers
8,500 (OBO)
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Electronics
Skillshot Combo
Electronics
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
7,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Odessa, FL
$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios
Other
€ 69.00
Pinball Machine
Multiball mods
Pinball Machine
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 100.00
Boards
Led Pinball
Boards
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
Decorations
8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ardmore, PA
12,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Spokane Valley, WA
$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place
Pinball Machine
$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 210.00
Flipper Parts
Pin Monk
Flipper parts
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball
Electronics
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 649.95
Lighting - Interactive
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Interactive
There are 28,087 posts in this topic. You are on page 134 of 562.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/134 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.