IMG_2676.gif
IMG_0960 (resized).jpeg
image1 (resized).jpeg
image0 (resized).jpeg
GnRAllenWrenchMod (resized).jpg
200w.gif
IMG_2222 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

78 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 28,399 posts in this topic. You are on page 133 of 568.
#6601 3 years ago
Quoted from MapleSyrup:

Me ā€œI used the USB cable thatā€™s right by the coin box... Wait... WAS that TINY black cap that I thought was just a plastic protector on the end of the USB cable, ā€œThe Wifi Dongleā€?!?!
Luckily Iā€™d dropped it in to the coin box for some reason instead of throwing it out, despite believing it was merely a plastic cap to protect the USB end from getting crushed... or something!
Iā€™m an idiot.

I don't know why they don't have the wifi usb dongle plugged into the motherboard in the head. You don't really NEED access to it.

#6602 3 years ago
Quoted from MapleSyrup:

I donā€™t understand why theyā€™re even updating the code to this game at all... itā€™s already a perfect 10!?!

Iā€™m thinking the same

#6603 3 years ago
Quoted from MapleSyrup:

I donā€™t understand why theyā€™re even updating the code to this game at all... itā€™s already a perfect 10!?!

Umm... there is an entire main album mode that isnā€™t coded!

#6604 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Umm... there is an entire main album mode that isnā€™t coded!

And Iā€™d question whether or not the team considers the other album modes 100%

#6605 3 years ago
Quoted from MapleSyrup:

This has to be sarcasm, right? If not.....ugg

#6606 3 years ago
Quoted from DrJoe:

This has to be sarcasm, right? If not.....ugg

Yes indeed!

#6607 3 years ago

Anyone had this before and is there a fix?
Had this happen twice in 2 days now.20210305_135947 (resized).jpg20210305_135947 (resized).jpg

#6608 3 years ago

My GNR is feeling right at home. Gameroom upgraded and GNR is taking over.

20210304_180123 (resized).jpg20210304_180123 (resized).jpg20210305_161131 (resized).jpg20210305_161131 (resized).jpg20210305_163000 (resized).jpg20210305_163000 (resized).jpg
#6609 3 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

So after collecting a song jackpot the flippers go dead? Thatā€™s normal behavior.
Collect applause jackpot ā€”> flippers die ā€”> encore sequence plays ā€”> ball get ejected into the shooter
Maybe Iā€™m missing something.

Quoted from cybevenom:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

You be Rockin!!!

#6610 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Sure. Go back to the last full install ISO version and install that, then do the delta upgrades to get to the one before the bad one.

Link for this? JJP only has the new versions.

#6611 3 years ago
Quoted from Leachdude:

Link for this? JJP only has the new versions.

i think the full install will wipe all your settings and scores. Hopefully they fix the code quickly so we can play our games and not have to do a full reinstall. I'm sure they are on it.

#6612 3 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

i think the full install will wipe all your settings and scores. Hopefully they fix the code quickly so we can play our games and not have to do a full reinstall. I'm sure they are on it.

Not to worried about my scores getting wiped I just got the game 2 days ago, I would rather have the game play as it should. Would be nice to get an update.

#6613 3 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

That has not been my experience. However, I did nuke settings once (for an unrelated reason) which caused extreme consternation in the household...so now I back up settings EVERY update, regardless.

#6615 3 years ago

I am getting a service message on power up. Switch 33 upper play field stuck open. Is this the leaf switch on the sling rubber? Do I need to spread it apart?

1E5CAED5-1B9B-4F21-AF6B-8E87A7639BA0 (resized).jpeg1E5CAED5-1B9B-4F21-AF6B-8E87A7639BA0 (resized).jpeg81009CEB-DAB7-4B22-924C-D7289342A9C8 (resized).jpeg81009CEB-DAB7-4B22-924C-D7289342A9C8 (resized).jpeg
#6616 3 years ago
Quoted from Forum-ninja:

I am getting a service message on power up. Switch 33 upper play field stuck open. Is this the leaf switch on the sling rubber? Do I need to spread it apart?
[quoted image][quoted image]

Stuck open would mean closing the switch not spreading it apart. However it's also possible you just haven't hit it in a while - if you tap that sling in twitch test does it go away?

#6617 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Stuck open would mean closing the switch not spreading it apart. However it's also possible you just haven't hit it in a while - if you tap that sling in twitch test does it go away?

Thatā€™s kind of what I ment,close the gap. I could not get anything to happen in switch tests. I bent it closer and tried to clean the contacts,we will see if that works. Thank you for your reply..

#6618 3 years ago

Anyone have the balls smack hard against the side of the inner cabinet wall before rolling down the drum sticks or is 7 layers of carnuaba wax my problem?

#6619 3 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

Anyone have the balls smack hard against the side of the inner cabinet wall before rolling down the drum sticks or is 7 layers of carnuaba wax my problem?

Happens all the time here. Worried it may damage pinblades

#6620 3 years ago
Quoted from cybevenom:

Nice neon guitar!

#6621 3 years ago

It happened to me at first, but once the wax broke in it has stopped.

Quoted from wcbrandes:

#6622 3 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

I taped a rubber Metallica cross I had to the blank plastic box above where the ball exits. On hard shots, it keeps the ball down and from gaining air and smacking into the wall.

#6623 3 years ago

This is annoying me at the moment. Keep getting the ball stuck on the centre pick spinner. Can't shake it loose. Have to tilt to get it out every time.

20210304_182224 (resized).jpg20210304_182224 (resized).jpg20210304_182233 (resized).jpg20210304_182233 (resized).jpg

#6624 3 years ago
Quoted from cybevenom:

This is annoying me at the moment. Keep getting the ball stuck on the centre pick spinner. Can't shake it loose. Have to tilt to get it out every time.

Does the spinner turn easily? Maybe it's binding just slightly?

#6625 3 years ago
Quoted from cybevenom:

Has happened to me a couple times and seems to just get caught when it perfectly rests against the end of the pic? I have some super lube for spinners coming to see if it helps. Can not see and binding in mech

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#6626 3 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

Has happened to me a couple times and seems to just get caught when it perfectly rests against the end of the pic? I have some super lube for spinners coming to see if it helps. Can not see and binding in mech

I torqued that ball guide on the right side of the lane to lean a little more towards the pick spinner giving it less of a chance to hang up there. It worked great. Haven't had a hang up since.

#6627 3 years ago
Quoted from MapleSyrup:

I torqued that ball guide on the right side of the lane to lean a little more towards the pick spinner giving it less of a chance to hang up there. It worked great. Haven't had a hang up since.

running down to do this now! lol Thanks !

#6628 3 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

running down to do this now! lol Thanks !

It's a little tricky to get at. I came straight down from the top without removing anything, using a flat head screw driver. VERY GENTLY torque to the left. You don't want to put any undue stress on the posts. I sort of used the ball lock outside lane guide as a leverage point, I think. Good luck!

#6630 3 years ago

Iā€™ve skimmed the latest, and apologize if this is redundant...I ordered an LE in January 2021...any idea at timing...6 months...1 year? Need to make room and a rough ETA would be great.

#6631 3 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

Iā€™ve skimmed the latest, and apologize if this is redundant...I ordered an LE in January 2021...any idea at timing...6 months...1 year? Need to make room and a rough ETA would be great.

Thatā€™s a tough one I ordered mine day two after it was announced in October and received mine in early January. Last time I think somebody posted the LE versions are back on the line or getting back on the line shortly. Someone mentioned June for LEā€™s being delivered but who knows.

#6632 3 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

Ask your distributor, they should have a rough eta.

#6633 3 years ago

Any buyers with buyers remorse or is this game the goat/bees knees/super fun as everyone seems to be experiencing?

Any of you dislike GNR before the purchase but now find yourself a fan? (My wife is not a fan... but I understand this pin can have a positive affect on people...)

#6634 3 years ago
Quoted from holminone:

Any buyers with buyers remorse or is this game the goat/bees knees/super fun as everyone seems to be experiencing?
Any of you dislike GNR before the purchase but now find yourself a fan? (My wife is not a fan... but I understand this pin can have a positive affect on people...)

Susan and I both went through a "ugh, I'm too frustrated, you can have it" phase...got past it, then got deeply addicted.
It was kind of funny how it went the same way for both of us.
Now we are hooked - 2000+ plays so far.

I did not care for GNR before the game, now like a lot of their songs and ended up buying their albums on iTunes.

#6635 3 years ago

Is anyone else having auto-plunge issues after updating to 1.16?

JJP support said it was software and to wait on a fix but my SE is really bad now. Misfires every game, most times giving you no chance to even play the ball bc the auto-plunge kicks it out before the flippers are even activated between rounds.

Not sure if I can simply go back to the old software if that is my issue because the machine is largely unplayable in it's current state.

#6636 3 years ago
Quoted from ShaffeTrain:

Is anyone else having auto-plunge issues after updating to 1.16?
JJP support said it was software and to wait on a fix but my SE is really bad now. Misfires every game, most times giving you no chance to even play the ball bc the auto-plunge kicks it out before the flippers are even activated between rounds.
Not sure if I can simply go back to the old software if that is my issue because the machine is largely unplayable in it's current state.

Yes itā€™s the latest update, flippers die etc. I saw it many times last night. They are working on another update.

#6637 3 years ago

I got this when I turned my pin on. The tilt bob was easy but I'm not sure what to do about the other. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

20210305_231238 (resized).jpg20210305_231238 (resized).jpg
#6638 3 years ago
Quoted from cybevenom:

Where did you get the carpet and what do you put under the feet? Looks awesome.

#6639 3 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

Yes I LOVE it most satisfying shot in the game when that happens (especially when it rolls touching only the right drumstick)

#6640 3 years ago
Quoted from Anubis330:

I got this when I turned my pin on. The tilt bob was easy but I'm not sure what to do about the other. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
[quoted image]

Check the leaf switch gap on the target at the end of the shooter lane - it's probably too close and registering always closed.

#6641 3 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

I ordered on 10/8, and Iā€™m still waiting if that gives you any idea.

#6642 3 years ago
Quoted from holminone:

My wife doesn't like the layout or gameplay that much. Took for at least 50 games to start enjoying the layout once I learned all the shots. Lots going on around the scoop, inner & outer loops area that can be a brickfest with balls just clustering and not going anywhere. After 100 games I was able to begin nailing 4 to 6 loops in a row and have the ball flowing everywhere.

#6643 3 years ago

Why is it so hard for JJP to take done the bad code and replace with the old stable code? I find it bad business to keep having users download a bad code.

Not happy one bit with my first JJP NIB machine. 2 days in and its basically unplayable.

And now on top of bad code, I have a LED driver board with lights stuck on. Ugghhh

Also my flipper bats looks like the came straight out of the trash and put on my machine.

All this for an extra $1000? Way to go JJP!!!

#6644 3 years ago
Quoted from holminone:

is this game the goat/bees knees/super fun

Itā€™s the cats meow and ants pants but you have to like a game built around a rock concert more than other band pins. It takes a bit to get familiar w/nuances of the game vs the spectacle. Once you do, the risk/reward can be quite addicting!

#6645 3 years ago
Quoted from holminone:

I sold my AC\DC LE to buy GNR LE and am not disappointed at all. The sound-system in particular is over the top better. It's what I'd dreamed AC\DC could be like, but back in 2012 Stern just wasn't interested in amping up the sound processor and amplifier. Sure they added a 12" sub to the cabinet's BOM but that really didn't do it.

First thing to really blow me away was the video-jukebox attract mode plus the lightshows. OMG. And the in-game songs each being different in terms of light shows, shaker integration, overall difficulty is just great.

The only downside to this pin is the fact that I've had one GNR song or another stuck in my head constantly since I took delivery of this impressive machine. Not a complaint, just an annoyance and proof that this thing gets under your skin. I knew and liked oh, maybe five of their chart toppers prior to owning this pin. Now I've really come to love a few I'd never even heard before like:
- Coma
- My Michelle
- Better
- It's so easy
- Out ta get me

I'd really like an AFD album-jacket to use as a topper. I've already bought the remastered 2-disc CD but yeah, want vinyl.

#6646 3 years ago

Whatā€™s the worst thing about this pin in your opinion?

For me itā€™s the shrinking scoop that JJP have installed.
Itā€™s a very clever piece of kit. They only activate it when you have a big jackpot or applause jackpot built up. Not sure if itā€™s a linear shrinkage they are using or if itā€™s just random.

Just left 28 million and a 21 million applause jackpots on the table, due to this damn device.
Please give me a regular scoop back

Joking aside, itā€™s frigging awesome!!!

#6647 3 years ago

My back right spotlight wonā€™t move to the right. Only left, up and down which puts it out of position all the time.

I did find this in the bottom of the cabinet on that side. Donā€™t see what itā€™s for. Thanks in advance for the suggestions and help

A35CAB5F-40CC-4E3E-B28A-68E6B2CFE8F8 (resized).jpegA35CAB5F-40CC-4E3E-B28A-68E6B2CFE8F8 (resized).jpeg
#6648 3 years ago
Quoted from estrader:

My back right spotlight wonā€™t move to the right. Only left, up and down which puts it out of position all the time.
I did find this in the bottom of the cabinet on that side. Donā€™t see what itā€™s for. Thanks in advance for the suggestions and help
[quoted image]

The knob is your spinner disk jamb nut. I would check the plug connections on those moving lights and make sure they are not restricted.

#6649 3 years ago
Quoted from Leachdude:

Why is it so hard for JJP to take done the bad code and replace with the old stable code? I find it bad business to keep having users download a bad code.
Not happy one bit with my first JJP NIB machine. 2 days in and its basically unplayable.
And now on top of bad code, I have a LED driver board with lights stuck on. Ugghhh
Also my flipper bats looks like the came straight out of the trash and put on my machine.
All this for an extra $1000? Way to go JJP!!!

Iā€™m not sure you can go back and reinstall the previous version. But with WiFi updates, I now donā€™t even have the previous version to try to install.

#6650 3 years ago
Quoted from holminone:

I actively dislike all the soft metal bands or whatever label this genre has, GnR being a particular dislike.

I don't need the themes to resonate with me though as i enjoy pinball for it's own sake. Have a TWD and think zombies, the TV show and people's fascination with the concept are stupid.

Love my Aerosmith, never listened to that band either.

The machine is a brilliant pinball machine, and if you like the reality of pinball better than the concept, you'll love the machine.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
The MOD Couple

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 210.00
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

ā‚¬ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

8,400 (OBO)
$ 11,000.00
7,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Moreno Valley, CA
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 649.95
Lighting - Interactive
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

7,450 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Silverthorne, CO
$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

There are 28,399 posts in this topic. You are on page 133 of 568.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/133 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.