IMG_2676.gif
IMG_0960 (resized).jpeg
image1 (resized).jpeg
image0 (resized).jpeg
GnRAllenWrenchMod (resized).jpg
200w.gif
IMG_2222 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

78 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 28,391 posts in this topic. You are on page 132 of 568.
#6551 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

There are CE specific issues (such as topper wiring). You don't have to visit it.

I don't. But there are many more common issues like the ones above, that people shouldn't have to rely on a separate thread for, or rely on someone cross posting. I have no problem reading about topper issues in this thread. While we're at it, should we shun the SE owners, because there are unique parts on the LE? Make them read a separate thread?? Enjoy your CE thread.

#6552 3 years ago

Posted in the CE Thread. Sharing here.

I just posted my review on this machine last night. I'm admittedly in the Honeymoon phase with this game, so time will tell if the love in fades!

First of all, the ratings are all subjective, but the way people try to manipulate them is just sad and stupid. A perfect 10 for ANY machine is as stupid as a rating of 2 for this particular machine. This game is BONKERS. I'm thinking it's definitely one of the best pins ever made... But it's not a perfect 10. I think my rating worked out to a 9.3 ish. Lighting and Animations got perfect 10s for me, as did layout and rules... But there is literally NOT a toy in the game. How can you give that a 10?? Point being, I DON'T CARE that it doesn't have a goofy pinball toy... The rest of the package MORE THAN makes up for that. Would it be BETTER with a toy?! I don't know. It's almost perfect as is.

I was a JJGnR Naysayer at the outset. I was saying things like, "Well, it's definitely an impressive piece of hardware... but will it be any fun to play?!", Or "Sure, it's full of assets, but all of those assets are Guns and Roses... So, if you don't like the band, who cares?!"

I've never been so happy to be wrong about a machine. Eric and team knocked this one out of the park... Actually, they knocked it out of the County that the ball park is in!! I was really looking forward to telling a bunch of my pals that the game they are so excited about BLOWS... but it is simply amazing.

Here's the main thing I want to say. This game is incredible, but NOT for the reasons that are getting a lot of people excited. I really don't care about the number of GnR songs, and video content, and LEDs... The Game SHOOTS Great, has GREAT Risk Reward Code design, and is exhilarating to play. It would be just as good with 300 Less Lights, and half the songs, and video content. I'm not saying those things don't make it better (Of course they Do!), but the bones of a great pinball experience are there. Shots, Rules, Theme Integration.

I'm a HUGE Stern fan. I think JP is one of the best pins ever made. I also love my AIQ. I've always been a fan of what JJP was TRYING to do. I think they've finally done it with GnR. A good friend locally messaged me, "Every other pin in my collection is now for sale". HA. I'm not going there yet, but this pin is blowing my mind.

Kudos to the entire JJP Team on creating a truly magnificent Pinball experience. Like Maiden and Met before it... It's even turning me in to a bit of a GnR Fan! That's something I never thought I'd say!

#6553 3 years ago
Quoted from MapleSyrup:

But there is literally NOT a toy in the game. How can you give that a 10??

So what's a toy?

Is it a sculpt? We've got the Axl skeleton.
Is it a mech? We've got the guitar lock and proximity sensors, as well as the hot rails.

Genuinely curious what the expectation is for "toy."

#6554 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

So what's a toy?
Is it a mech? We've got the guitar lock and proximity sensors, as well as the hot rails.

I’m trying to say that the game not having a toy doesn’t effect my opinion of the game. I think most toys are silly. I suppose I would define a toy as an interactive Mech.

I LOVE the proximity sensors. That’s a wicked innovation, but it’s just a new switch. I love Sterns new Opto Spinners too.

The MM Castle is a Toy. The TOM Crate.

I GET that the whole game is a next level experience, but the fact that it doesn’t NEED a Toy doesn’t mean it HAS a great Toy! Haha

Either way... LOVE THIS GAME. Can’t get enough of it.

#6555 3 years ago

The one “toy” is the spinning disc

#6556 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

The one “toy” is the spinning disc

Completely forgot that one, and the slash hat! And the cymbal drums.

Those are both interactive toys.

#6557 3 years ago

Don’t

#6558 3 years ago

Cmooooonnnnnnnn Aprilllllllll !!!!!!

#6559 3 years ago

The update was very quick. Wifi update is awesome.

#6560 3 years ago

is there a full list of updates?

#6561 3 years ago

Update was very quick, however after mine updated it got hung up and never booted back up. I had to cycle power to finalize the update.

#6562 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Completely forgot that one, and the slash hat! And the cymbal drums.
Those are both interactive toys.

I SUPPOSE so... My point is, I LOVE the game.

I really don't like the CE Cab Artwork though. I think the LE Cab looks best personally... But I love having the physical Coma Lock! I also don't like the Keyboard being such a focal point in the centre of the playfield... But these are all TINY and Insignificant Nitpicks. These small criticisms stop the game from being a perfect 10 for me, But it's still One of the best Pinball Packages ever produced.

#6564 3 years ago

I've got a problem I'm hoping someone may be able to assist with....

I have terrible internet where I live so went to update the game software with a USB drive. I booted the game, inserted the USB drive and then noticed the screen was blank and also none of the service buttons would work either. I powered the game off, removed the USB drive and now when I turn the game on, it boots straight into a screen that says "Enter Password". On this screen no buttons work either.

I don't think I did anything wrong (or did I??). What can I do to get my game back again? Appreciate any help!!!!!

IMG_4602 (resized).JPGIMG_4602 (resized).JPG
#6565 3 years ago

Just got my SE yesterday. Game is awesome so far. Can someone help explain the Song modes?

It just seems I always have 6 balls going and ball saver, sometime the ball saver is off but balls keep coming out?

#6566 3 years ago

Updated the code, but still going to wait to install the replacement magnet coil JJP support sent me.

#6567 3 years ago
Quoted from MapleSyrup:

Posted in the CE Thread. Sharing here.
I just posted my review on this machine last night. I'm admittedly in the Honeymoon phase with this game, so time will tell if the love in fades!
First of all, the ratings are all subjective, but the way people try to manipulate them is just sad and stupid. A perfect 10 for ANY machine is as stupid as a rating of 2 for this particular machine. This game is BONKERS. I'm thinking it's definitely one of the best pins ever made... But it's not a perfect 10. I think my rating worked out to a 9.3 ish. Lighting and Animations got perfect 10s for me, as did layout and rules... But there is literally NOT a toy in the game. How can you give that a 10?? Point being, I DON'T CARE that it doesn't have a goofy pinball toy... The rest of the package MORE THAN makes up for that. Would it be BETTER with a toy?! I don't know. It's almost perfect as is.
I was a JJGnR Naysayer at the outset. I was saying things like, "Well, it's definitely an impressive piece of hardware... but will it be any fun to play?!", Or "Sure, it's full of assets, but all of those assets are Guns and Roses... So, if you don't like the band, who cares?!"
I've never been so happy to be wrong about a machine. Eric and team knocked this one out of the park... Actually, they knocked it out of the County that the ball park is in!! I was really looking forward to telling a bunch of my pals that the game they are so excited about BLOWS... but it is simply amazing.
Here's the main thing I want to say. This game is incredible, but NOT for the reasons that are getting a lot of people excited. I really don't care about the number of GnR songs, and video content, and LEDs... The Game SHOOTS Great, has GREAT Risk Reward Code design, and is exhilarating to play. It would be just as good with 300 Less Lights, and half the songs, and video content. I'm not saying those things don't make it better (Of course they Do!), but the bones of a great pinball experience are there. Shots, Rules, Theme Integration.
I'm a HUGE Stern fan. I think JP is one of the best pins ever made. I also love my AIQ. I've always been a fan of what JJP was TRYING to do. I think they've finally done it with GnR. A good friend locally messaged me, "Every other pin in my collection is now for sale". HA. I'm not going there yet, but this pin is blowing my mind.
Kudos to the entire JJP Team on creating a truly magnificent Pinball experience. Like Maiden and Met before it... It's even turning me in to a bit of a GnR Fan! That's something I never thought I'd say!

Dude, what an excellent review. So spot on. Love the part when you were all ready to tell ppl the game blows and instead it blew you...away

Regarding toys; so many people (podcasters mainly) rate that subject on toys alone. But per Pinside, it’s toys AND gimmicks. I would suspect the mini pf falls in this category and also believe the mini pf on GNR is the best one ever done. It’s quick and fast and not a grind like so many other mini playfields.

Anyway, carry on, can’t wait to check out the new update.

#6568 3 years ago
Quoted from Drac:

What can I do to get my game back again? Appreciate any help!!!!!

Do it the old fashioned way. Go to jerseyjackpinball.com - Support - Downloads - Guns & Roses - do a full install. Follow the instructions carefully.

LTG : )

#6569 3 years ago
Quoted from Drac:

I've got a problem I'm hoping someone may be able to assist with....
I have terrible internet where I live so went to update the game software with a USB drive. I booted the game, inserted the USB drive and then noticed the screen was blank and also none of the service buttons would work either. I powered the game off, removed the USB drive and now when I turn the game on, it boots straight into a screen that says "Enter Password". On this screen no buttons work either.
I don't think I did anything wrong (or did I??). What can I do to get my game back again? Appreciate any help!!!!![quoted image]

The password for Dialed In is qmodem, maybe it's the same? Plug in a USB keyboard and try it. My guess is plugging in the USB drive messed with boot priority or something.

#6570 3 years ago

Quickest update to date! That one went in fast, of course I am doing it the USB way as mine still hates me when it comes to Wifi.

#6571 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Dude, what an excellent review. So spot on. Love the part when you were all ready to tell ppl the game blows and instead it blew you...away
Regarding toys; so many people (podcasters mainly) rate that subject on toys alone. But per Pinside, it’s toys AND gimmicks. I would suspect the mini pf falls in this category and also believe the mini pf on GNR is the best one ever done. It’s quick and fast and not a grind like so many other mini playfields.
Anyway, carry on, can’t wait to check out the new update.

Cheers. I agree, the Mini Playfield is perfectly balanced and challenging. Especially during Multiball. It’s awesome.

#6572 3 years ago

Happy to see power chord rules getting some much needed love:

==============================================================================
== Version 01.16 March 4, 2021 ==
== ISO MD5 Checksum: 237a7b853174ffb36520c92f05f8a923 ==
== DELTA MD5 Checksum: 44c24a7cc61b21e184edd69d0dfb9038 ==

- note: this is available in a "full" install release and
in a "delta" upgrade, which can be installed over v01.13, v01.14,
and v01.15

=== Game Code
+ added a device test for CE-only Coma entry gate
* fixed issue of song not offering a choice to take a jackpot or continue song
when down to single ball play
* various other bug fixes and improvements

=== Core Code
* modified the default setting for Scorbit connection popup in Attract Mode to
hide after connection

== Version 01.15 February 23, 2021 ==
== ISO MD5 Checksum: f6b251a56ed895993852cd852eaae056 ==
== DELTA MD5 Checksum: ade49734e46314ad79bb3eea52574b31 ==

- note: this is available in a "full" install release and
in a "delta" upgrade, which can be installed over v01.13 and v01.14

=== Game Code
* fixed issue with Power Chord not being awarded if you drained to 1 ball
with Power Chord already active
* High Score To Date Attract Mode page now shows only songs available based
on adult song setting
* Status Report now shows only songs available based on adult song setting
* updated manual to version to Rev .93
+ added Power Chord multiplier for shooting Duff's Bass Ramp during a song
+ added Power Chord boost for shooting Duff's Bass Ramp out of a song
* adult callout and adult video settings now require confirmation from user.
you will need to set these setting again if you previously had them set to
enabled

=== Core Code
* fixed potential problem of game deadlocking during collect balls
* improved sensor calibration
* Network Update will no longer timeout and return to Attract Mode after
downloading the update

#6573 3 years ago

Anyone else have flippers going dead after a song jackpot is collected? Happened on live and let die and out to get ya. Ball drains and neww ball is fed into shooter lane. Also had an auto plunge once. Hadn’t seen this behavior on prior code.

#6574 3 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Anyone else have flippers going dead after a song jackpot is collected? Happened on live and let die and out to get ya. Ball drains and neww ball is fed into shooter lane. Also had an auto plunge once. Hadn’t seen this behavior on prior code.

I have yet to even play the game but is it possible you got booed off stage around the same time?
"The flippers die and single ball play will continue without a loss of ball."

#6575 3 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

I have yet to even play the game but is it possible you got booed off stage around the same time?

Possibly. Never been booed off before. Twice seemed kind of odd. I’ll keep playing.
Edit: just happened again, not booed off. This time it ended the game. Autoplunge happened again too. Somethings up.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#6576 3 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

I assumed this was what was supposed to happen.
If I collect an applause jackpot or Encore, the flippers die. You get the show on the Backglass then you are fed a new ball and play continues.

#6577 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

So what's a toy?
Genuinely curious what the expectation is for "toy."</blockquo

So what's a toy?

The whole game is a giant "toy" and i love playing with it.
Btw don't forget the drumstick ramp.

#6578 3 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

yup just happened to me twice! It has to be a bug. Did your auto launcher simultaneously shoot another ball into play? mine did both times and had no idea what ball i was on or if I lost one?

#6579 3 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

no its not this

#6580 3 years ago
Quoted from fnosm:

I assumed this was what was supposed to happen.
If I collect an applause jackpot or Encore, the flippers die. You get the show on the Backglass then you are fed a new ball and play continues.

This is normal yes, however What I experienced was not

#6581 3 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

yup just happened to me twice! It has to be a bug. Did your auto launcher simultaneously shoot another ball into play? mine did both times and had no idea what ball i was on or if I lost one?

Yep, sure did. Good to know it’s not my game. Flippers went dead and it Ended a game one time.

#6582 3 years ago

Paging keefer

Maybe best to wait to do update?

EFE23BD9-9053-4D46-BBF1-E044FB68C2D2.gifEFE23BD9-9053-4D46-BBF1-E044FB68C2D2.gif
#6583 3 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

just happened to me while playing Paradise City...same exact sequence of jackpot award then ball drain then new ball.

#6584 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Paging keefer
Maybe best to wait to do update?[quoted image]

Game isn't playable like this, I would not upgrade to 1.16. they will fix it.

#6585 3 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

Just happened to me as well. 2 times

#6586 3 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Possibly. Never been booed off before. Twice seemed kind of odd. I’ll keep playing.
Edit: just happened again, not booed off. This time it ended the game. Autoplunge happened again too. Somethings up.

Definitely getting the autoplunge often over here - as if the pin is clearing the jam switch in the trough. Only happening since the new update.

#6587 3 years ago

I ain’t updating !

#6588 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

I ain’t updating !

neither am i

#6589 3 years ago

Yea I don’t think I’m gonna attempt this one.

C5383A2A-3A86-457B-9F7E-766370B18B8C.gifC5383A2A-3A86-457B-9F7E-766370B18B8C.gif
#6590 3 years ago

So after collecting a song jackpot the flippers go dead? That’s normal behavior.

Collect applause jackpot —> flippers die —> encore sequence plays —> ball get ejected into the shooter

Maybe I’m missing something.

#6591 3 years ago
Quoted from MapleSyrup:

But it's still One of the best Pinball Packages ever produced.

Copy that. Couldn't agree more with the review. What a pinball experience!

My Wonka CE just landed in town, will set it up as soon as it arrives. I LOVE my Sterns too but i'm really excited for this one as well.

#6592 3 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

So after collecting a song jackpot the flippers go dead? That’s normal behavior.
Collect applause jackpot —> flippers die —> encore sequence plays —> ball get ejected into the shooter
Maybe I’m missing something.

Song jackpot and applause jackpot aren’t the same thing.

#6593 3 years ago

Game is for sure bugged with new code, Standard Edition. Last ball, in a song mode, Welcome to the Jungle single ball. Ball drains, kick another ball flippers die and game over. Has done other weird things like auto launching my next ball if I dont finish a song as well.

Any way to go back to old code?

#6594 3 years ago

I've already fixed 1 bug that was going to cause us to do a 1.17, but the flipper doing thing is new. Will get it sorted before 1.17. sounds like you might want to hold off on 1.16.

#6595 3 years ago
E4327EE3-9F00-4E4E-A517-4DB3D877237C (resized).jpegE4327EE3-9F00-4E4E-A517-4DB3D877237C (resized).jpeg
#6596 3 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Same thing happened to me several times tonight and I lost the ball. Definitely seems like a bug!

#6597 3 years ago
Quoted from Leachdude:

Would love to be able to go back to old code. New code is unplayable when you lose a ball for collecting song jackpot! Unless 1.17 is coming out before weekend, I want 1.14 back!

#6598 3 years ago
Quoted from Leachdude:

Game is for sure bugged with new code, Standard Edition. Last ball, in a song mode, Welcome to the Jungle single ball. Ball drains, kick another ball flippers die and game over. Has done other weird things like auto launching my next ball if I dont finish a song as well.

Sure. Go back to the last full install ISO version and install that, then do the delta upgrades to get to the one before the bad one.

#6599 3 years ago

I don’t understand why they’re even updating the code to this game at all... it’s already a perfect 10!?!

#6600 3 years ago

Ok, funny story. I haven’t been able to get my wifi connection working ever since my first code update. I tried all sorts of interesting tweaks to the AP of my system. I couldn’t get the game to see the wifi, despite my phone showing a pretty good signal. I’m relatively tech savvy, so I was finding this to be quite perplexing.

I was then asked a Deeply insulting question by a member of the JJP team. “Is it possible you removed the Wifi Dongle when you did your code update?”

My response, “Why would I have removed the Wifi Dongle?!”

JJP “Where did you plug in your USB stick to preform the update?”

Me “I used the USB cable that’s right by the coin box... Wait... WAS that TINY black cap that I thought was just a plastic protector on the end of the USB cable, “The Wifi Dongle”?!?!

Luckily I’d dropped it in to the coin box for some reason instead of throwing it out, despite believing it was merely a plastic cap to protect the USB end from getting crushed... or something!

I’m an idiot.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Tulsa, OK
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
The MOD Couple

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 210.00
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Plantsville, CT
$ 11,000.00
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Crestview, FL
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 649.95
Lighting - Interactive
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

7,450 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Silverthorne, CO
$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

There are 28,391 posts in this topic. You are on page 132 of 568.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/132?hl=jandrea95 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.