IMG_2435.gif
IMG_0331.gif
IMG_2432.gif
IMG_2249 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5614 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5615 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5616 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

78 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 28,082 posts in this topic. You are on page 131 of 562.
#6501 3 years ago
Quoted from bridgeman:

Yeah, this is occurring at a ball start. Sometimes it’s so quick after the previous ball ends. I guess the next time it happens I will try and see if the skill shot was somehow qualified causing the machine to think it should auto plunge. Thanks for the response.

This was/is happening on my SE as well.

I had a bad factory solder joint on one of the opto boards causing one of the ball trough switches to never register. Game was looking for a ball and did weird things kicking out sometimes.

Pulled the board, reflowed the joint and trough issue was fixed. Didn't have an issue with the auto plunge either for a while. Now it seems the auto plunge is firing off sometimes at random during the beginning of a ball. Not sure what to make of it yet.

#6502 3 years ago

I've got a fresh SE in my garage - looks like it arrived safely with no damage! Waiting for the kids to get home from school to help bring it in. I'll make sure to post some real good pictures since those or hard to find on the SE.

gnr1 (resized).jpggnr1 (resized).jpggnr2 (resized).jpggnr2 (resized).jpg
#6503 3 years ago

Anyone with a deposit in who is having second thoughts? I will reimburse your deposit and take over your order if desired???

#6504 3 years ago

Reckon it'd only be a financial decision, can't see anyone saying they found a better machine to play.

#6505 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

Are you running 1.13 or 1.14? Seems to be a 1.13 issue.

i am running 1.14

#6506 3 years ago

If anyone has problems with the shooter rod and not consistently propelling ball at the same speed and have the right size spring, I have found that the washer on the shooter rod is just rubbing against top part of the auto shooter and needs to get under it. The easiest way is just slightly lowering the shooter rod assembly I believe 3 or 4 screws, loosen, and push down like a few hairs and re tighten. Now consistent 100% of the time

20210302_120840 (resized).jpg20210302_120840 (resized).jpg
#6507 3 years ago
Quoted from PinballCharlie:

I've got a fresh SE in my garage - looks like it arrived safely with no damage! Waiting for the kids to get home from school to help bring it in. I'll make sure to post some real good pictures since those or hard to find on the SE.
[quoted image][quoted image]

I'm curious if they are still adding washers, take a pic if you can

#6508 3 years ago
Quoted from ShaffeTrain:

Quoted from bridgeman:
Yeah, this is occurring at a ball start. Sometimes it’s so quick after the previous ball ends. I guess the next time it happens I will try and see if the skill shot was somehow qualified causing the machine to think it should auto plunge. Thanks for the response.

This was/is happening on my SE as well.

I had a bad factory solder joint on one of the opto boards causing one of the ball trough switches to never register. Game was looking for a ball and did weird things kicking out sometimes.

Pulled the board, reflowed the joint and trough issue was fixed. Didn't have an issue with the auto plunge either for a while. Now it seems the auto plunge is firing off sometimes at random during the beginning of a ball. Not sure what to make of it yet.

JJP sent me a new board and that resolved my problem.

#6509 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

I'm curious if they are still adding washers, take a pic if you can

Here they are - SE pics. Tried to mostly get areas that are different from the LE/CE. The stage seems pretty bare and could use some attention, but you don't notice much when playing.

IMG_20210302_165004 (resized).jpgIMG_20210302_165004 (resized).jpgIMG_20210302_165235 (resized).jpgIMG_20210302_165235 (resized).jpgIMG_20210302_165247 (resized).jpgIMG_20210302_165247 (resized).jpgIMG_20210302_165255 (resized).jpgIMG_20210302_165255 (resized).jpgIMG_20210302_165311 (resized).jpgIMG_20210302_165311 (resized).jpgIMG_20210302_165314 (resized).jpgIMG_20210302_165314 (resized).jpgIMG_20210302_165319 (resized).jpgIMG_20210302_165319 (resized).jpgIMG_20210302_165330 (resized).jpgIMG_20210302_165330 (resized).jpgIMG_20210302_175431 (resized).jpgIMG_20210302_175431 (resized).jpgIMG_20210302_175437 (resized).jpgIMG_20210302_175437 (resized).jpg
#6510 3 years ago

Looks Awesome,
I don't care what some say about the SE art, its really cool !
That playfield is ripe for some killer mods !
Light it up

#6511 3 years ago

I don’t think I could convince myself to be happy with the lack of RGB hot rails, invisiglass, shaker and the red artwork and trim - not to mention the entire upper playfield

#6512 3 years ago
Quoted from Dkjimbo:

I don’t think I could convince myself to be happy with the lack of RGB hot rails, invisiglass, shaker and the red artwork and trim - not to mention the entire upper playfield

And I couldn’t convince myself to be happy killing the sweet flow and speed of the SE with an upper play field and ball lock. My brain can’t keep track of both a third flipper and upper playfield during 6 ball multiball. To each their own right?

#6513 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

And I couldn’t convince myself to be happy killing the sweet flow and speed of the SE with an upper play field and ball lock. My brain can’t keep track of both a third flipper and upper playfield during 6 ball multiball. To each their own right?

Of course! Honestly it’s the hot rail difference that probably bothers me the most. They should offer a replacement kit for SE owners for the hot rails for 300-500 bucks. I bet it would sell to the vast majority of SE owners instantly.

#6514 3 years ago
Quoted from Dkjimbo:

The RGB hotrails are way cooler for sure. I'm also disappointed that these white hotrails are not addressable RGBs. That eliminates the cool tracer effects, too.

#6515 3 years ago

Thought I'd post this for anyone having an issue with the plunge going sdtm. Someone posted in the CE thread I think, but my fix might be just slightly different in the placement of the rubber bumper and this fixed it 100%.

Add this bumper:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B088HGQSZT/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_fabc_J24MVMTDWWVR8MKJSKHR

To the area circled in the pic. Slows the ball down so it trickles out of the trough area and straight to the right flipper.

PXL_20210303_174937914.NIGHT (resized).jpgPXL_20210303_174937914.NIGHT (resized).jpg

PXL_20210303_174937914.NIGHT~2 (resized).jpgPXL_20210303_174937914.NIGHT~2 (resized).jpg

#6516 3 years ago

mine arrived! Really liking it!

are folks installing a cliffy on the scoop?

IMG_0581 (resized).JPGIMG_0581 (resized).JPG
IMG_0584 (resized).JPGIMG_0584 (resized).JPG
IMG_0587 (resized).JPGIMG_0587 (resized).JPG

#6517 3 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

That is an amazing line up Neil!

#6518 3 years ago

pin monk fans available yet?

#6519 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballj:

Yay no shit that’s a killer collection!

#6520 3 years ago

I searched for this answer but didn't find it anywhere:

-- Are there going to be changes to the rules in a future update?
-- Or a way to decrease multiballs in the settings?

Something like this?

#6521 3 years ago

SE’s going out in the states rn with serials in the 200’s. SE’s might be the real LE/CE’s depending on what the finally tally is

#6522 3 years ago
Quoted from ThePinballCo-op:

Something like this?

Perhaps email JJP and ask them? I don't think that anyone on pinside (besides the designer) speaks for JJP.

#6523 3 years ago
Quoted from thechakapakuni:

SE’s going out in the states rn with serials in the 200’s. SE’s might be the real LE/CE’s depending on what the finally tally is

download (1) (resized).jpgdownload (1) (resized).jpg

#6524 3 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

are folks installing a cliffy on the scoop?
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

I assume GOTG never gets played lol. Great looking room!

#6525 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

pin monk fans available yet?

Not yet. Getting close. We had the wires for one of the fans installed in the field pop off the solder pads in the fan spontaneously, and that may be related to a number of out of the blue failures of the "standard" type fans from the last shipment (before that there was like 1-2 fans that failed ever in 2 years). It seems like maybe the factory worker just pressed too hard when stripping the wires and scored the remaining wires, weakening them, and the machine vibration did the rest with the wires breaking clean off the solder pads at the insulation.

I have 8 JJP 3 flipper kits out and this is the only one of the 24 fans installed that failed, so it's probably a fluke, but I want to be sure and want to understand what happened to make sure that whatever changes need to be made at the factory are made before I start shipping these. This last-minute investigation is going to push the launch into next week though.

Here's a picture of the whole kit to hold you, though. I'm including the precision cutters with this kit for the zip tie installation since the higher CFM fans just to better control the hotter-coil JJP machines are bumping the price up over the Spooky kits that have the standard fans. Trying to give a little extra value.

JJP_Kit_Sml (resized).jpgJJP_Kit_Sml (resized).jpg
#6526 3 years ago

I have twenty five machines here, some for 2 years now.
GnR has been here less than a month and it holds the glass off record already.

Well done JJP.

#6527 3 years ago
Quoted from bridgeman:

JJP sent me a new board and that resolved my problem.

#6528 3 years ago
Quoted from thechakapakuni:

I agree, the SE's will be "most least produced" Mmm, is that a legit comment, lol ?
So therefore the rarest of the range.
So yeah the SE is special in more ways than 1, I really like the package and not doubt its a shooters paradise.

#6529 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

The SE us cool to be sure but the LE upper pf doesn't kill flow at all. I like flowy games and I still prefer the diverter to be down to access that upper pf goodness. The lock shot and vuk are sweet shots to make. In particular the left flipper backhand intovthe guitar lock or vuk... such a smooth feeling when you make it. Each to their own of course but to suggest the SE shoots better is horse shit... jmho

#6530 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Not yet. Getting close. We had the wires for one of the fans installed in the field pop off the solder pads in the fan spontaneously, and that may be related to a number of out of the blue failures of the "standard" type fans from the last shipment (before that there was like 1-2 fans that failed ever in 2 years). It seems like maybe the factory worker just pressed too hard when stripping the wires and scored the remaining wires, weakening them, and the machine vibration did the rest with the wires breaking clean off the solder pads at the insulation.
I have 8 JJP 3 flipper kits out and this is the only one of the 24 fans installed that failed, so it's probably a fluke, but I want to be sure and want to understand what happened to make sure that whatever changes need to be made at the factory are made before I start shipping these. This last-minute investigation is going to push the launch into next week though.
Here's a picture of the whole kit to hold you, though. I'm including the precision cutters with this kit for the zip tie installation since the higher CFM fans just to better control the hotter-coil JJP machines are bumping the price up over the Spooky kits that have the standard fans. Trying to give a little extra value.[quoted image]

Kit looks brilliant, going next level by including cutters and all securing hardware, very cool, Nice work Vic.
Where do you pick the supply from ? I guess current draw for each fan is only in the milliamps ?

#6531 3 years ago
Quoted from RA77:

Kit looks brilliant, going next level by including cutters and all securing hardware, very cool, Nice work Vic.
Where do you pick the supply from ? I guess current draw for each fan is only in the milliamps ?

On JJP machines, the power tap plugs in different places depending on if you have a WoZ, a Hobbit, or a machine from Dialed In onward and I have illustrations for each point. Basically you're chasing a 12v connection from the ATX computer power supply, but it comes in different forms depending on which machine you have. For jjGnR (back to Dialed In) it'll be the PWR1 connector on the upper right of the large rectangular driver circuit board in the lower part of the head. There's a ATX style connector coming off that and you can trace back folllowing the wires plugged in there a few inches to a molex connector junction and insert my power tap there. It's also fuse and rectifier diode protected. Though not as necessary as the Spike one protecting the node board, I still included it on the Spooky and JJP ones for a little extra protection.

The wire next to the splitter in the picture is unfamiliar to Spike and Spooky Tibetan Breeze customers because it's a 4' extender cable I'm providing to get the power off that splitter in the head (WoZ and Hobbit won't use it) down into the cabinet before it is split and heads up to the bracketed fans on the playfield. I wanted to make sure there was plenty of wire length available so there was no pulling, even when the head was raised and lowered for those machines with the power tap in the head.

Yeah, the current draw is a fraction of 1A for all three fans combined. The pic below is the amp draw for all three fans running together. It fluctuates between 0.15 and 0.16A.

3-JJP-fan-draw_sml (resized).jpg3-JJP-fan-draw_sml (resized).jpg

#6532 3 years ago

So, my left flipper was sticking, and I opened up my machine to find a wire just hanging there. Could some please let me know where this is supposed to attach? Thank you very much!

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#6533 3 years ago

Something like this?

There’s all sorts of adjustments to reduce multiball, ball savers, etc... but have you played the game much? you really won’t want to do this unless you are playing tournament or competitions.

#6534 3 years ago
Quoted from lpgnr:

So, my left flipper was sticking, and I opened up my machine to find a wire just hanging there. Could some please let me know where this is supposed to attach? Thank you very much!

Nothing to do with your flipper sticking. That would be something to do if something wasn't working. Like flipping up.

It isn't used. See my picture. Mine is tied off. Yours is just covered. Tie it to the wire bundle if you like. Don't hook it to anything. It's just an extra unused wire.

LTG : )

DSC00471 (resized).JPGDSC00471 (resized).JPG
#6535 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Nothing to do with your flipper sticking. That would be something to do if something wasn't working. Like flipping up.
It isn't used. See my picture. Mine is tied off. Yours is just covered. Tie it to the wire bundle if you like. Don't hook it to anything. It's just an extra unused wire.
[quoted image]

Thank you! That is a relief! Any idea, then, why my left flipper gets stuck in the up position for a few seconds on a regular basis? What should I look for, if you have any idea? I could use any help that I can get ...

#6536 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Yay no shit that’s a killer collection!

Quoted from pinballj:

Thanks guys. Less than half of it. I’m three pins heavier than what I’ve really got space for but as it’s lock down I’m the only one in the arcade but got LZ LE coming too and I can’t decide what to move on! LOL

Here is a short walk thru from October last year

And here is a long talk thru from same time

Since then have added avengers and GNR

Cheers
Neil

#6537 3 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

I can’t decide what to move on! LOL

Such a GREAT lineup. GotG is an easy out. After that, I'd say BK:SoR, but you have the dope animated topper, so that gives it a spell of protection from eviction. After that, the choices get significantly harder. Monster Bash is gorgeous, but it's just kind of a dull game to play, so that'd probably be in the running. Ditto Dialed-In. Looks good, but repetitive and has a lot of disjointed components of the theme that never really came together into a cohesive satisfying play experience.

Glad you have to make the decisions, though.

#6538 3 years ago
Quoted from lpgnr:

Thank you! That is a relief! Any idea, then, why my left flipper gets stuck in the up position for a few seconds on a regular basis? What should I look for, if you have any idea? I could use any help that I can get ...

Sounds like a broken coil stop or maybe the EOS switch is flexing and getting on the wrong side of the interrupter, holding it up. I'd check the coil stop first since that's super easy.

#6539 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Such a GREAT lineup. GotG is an easy out. After that, I'd say BK:SoR, but you have the dope animated topper, so that gives it a spell of protection from eviction. After that, the choices get significantly harder. Monster Bash is gorgeous, but it's just kind of a dull game to play, so that'd probably be in the running. Ditto Dialed-In. Looks good, but repetitive and has a lot of disjointed components of the theme that never really came together into a cohesive satisfying play experience.
Glad you have to make the decisions, though.

Just goes to show ya different strokes for different folks.
If it were me TOM & NF would be on the block a long time before GOTG &/Or DI.

Great collection though no doubt.

#6540 3 years ago
Quoted from fnosm:

Great collection though no doubt.

ToM would be long gone for me, too, but he specifically says it's loved, so that ain't goin' anywhere. Trying to be realistic for once.

#6541 3 years ago
Quoted from lpgnr:

I could use any help that I can get ...

Read your post in the other thread.

I suggested loose coil stop and someone posted Butch's video on flipper basics.

#6542 3 years ago
Quoted from RA77:

I agree, the SE's will be "most least produced" Mmm, is that a legit comment, lol ?
So therefore the rarest of the range.
So yeah the SE is special in more ways than 1, I really like the package and not doubt its a shooters paradise.

Maybe someone should start a thread to track SE serial numbers and owners? Be interesting to know how many truly exist.

#6543 3 years ago

Something like this?

I was a little overwhelmed by the multi balls when I first got the game. I think it is more noticeable given the balls do not have to go to the top of the playfield, like most other games. But I notice it has helped me better manage multi balls on other games now. I think you get use to it over time. Maybe they could adjust the code so the balls are released over longer intervals? Not sure if you can control the number of balls during each song, etc?

#6544 3 years ago

I have had my LE since December and have had NO issues thus far. I have not had to make any adjustments whatsoever for STDM problems. My playfield is flawless now after 200+ plays. Magnet works and stock sound (plus external sub) is fantastic. Surely the pinball Gods are shining down on me but I just wanted people to not lose hope that their JJP games will work right out of the box.

#6545 3 years ago
Quoted from John1210:

The SE us cool to be sure but the LE upper pf doesn't kill flow at all. I like flowy games and I still prefer the diverter to be down to access that upper pf goodness. The lock shot and vuk are sweet shots to make. In particular the left flipper backhand intovthe guitar lock or vuk... such a smooth feeling when you make it. Each to their own of course but to suggest the SE shoots better is horse shit... jmho

It’s great that you prefer the upper playfield. And I’m not arguing the fact that the UP shots don’t feel smooth when you hit them. Or that the LE isn’t a more beautiful world under glass with awesome extra features that I wish the SE had (RGB rails). That doesn’t change the fact that the SE is a faster game with more flow. It’s how the game designer himself described the SE... I mean entire point of the game before a song is to lock 6 balls, the LE stops flow after every lock... during a song it’s multiball, adding an UP will naturally make it harder to track balls for combos and flow... not to mention that the SE looks much more open, so it’s even easier to track the ball...

#6546 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I'm including the precision cutters with this kit for the zip tie installation since the higher CFM fans just to better control the hotter-coil JJP machines are bumping the price up over the Spooky kits that have the standard fans. Trying to give a little extra value.[quoted image]

LOL, I've got those precision cutters in my cart waiting for a larger order.

#6547 3 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Someone posted in the CE thread

Quoted from LTG:

Why is there a separate CE thread in the first place? It's the same machine besides the coma lock. Seems a bit elitist to me. Cant we just share our issues, fixes, and joy for this machine in 1 place? This whole separate thread for top tier level machines is just dumb.

#6548 3 years ago
Quoted from fnosm:

I have the same problem have GnR le might have to make room. and it wont be my GOTG I love that game

#6549 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

I suggested loose coil stop and someone posted Butch's video on flipper basics.

Thank you very much! I appreciate the help from you and vireland

#6550 3 years ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

Why is there a separate CE thread in the first place? It's the same machine besides the coma lock. Seems a bit elitist to me. Cant we just share our issues, fixes, and joy for this machine in 1 place? This whole separate thread for top tier level machines is just dumb.

There are CE specific issues (such as topper wiring). You don't have to visit it.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn
Decorations
$ 49.99
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
Flipper Parts
FlipMods
Flipper parts
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Sound/Speakers
7,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Indianapolis, IN
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Electronics
Skillshot Combo
Electronics
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
13,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Concord, CA
$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios
Other
€ 69.00
Pinball Machine
Multiball mods
Pinball Machine
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 100.00
Boards
Led Pinball
Boards
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
Decorations
8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
8,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Old Saybrook, CT
$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place
Pinball Machine
$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 210.00
Flipper Parts
Pin Monk
Flipper parts
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball
Electronics
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 649.95
Lighting - Interactive
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Interactive
There are 28,082 posts in this topic. You are on page 131 of 562.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/131 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.