IMG_20240413_155854 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240413_155858 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240413_155856 (resized).jpg
IMG_1426 (resized).jpeg (© Nutty 5.0)
IMG_2636.gif
IMG_2002 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2003 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

78 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 28,345 posts in this topic. You are on page 130 of 567.
#6451 3 years ago

Wow, hopefully JJP gets the flippers fixed before/during the next run of LEs

#6452 3 years ago
Quoted from cybevenom:

Little word of caution. I have my GNR LE for a week now and i noticed that the flipper rubber on my upper playfield had a cut in it. This was caused by the metal edge of the guide rail that was to close the flipper. Each time i used the upper flipper it would dig into the rubber. I solved it by removing the Axl sculpt and removing the screw wich holds the rail in the playfield the i slightly bended the rail a tiny bit away from the flipper. Put the rail back with the screw in the playfield. Checked that i now had enough clearance from the flipper with flipper in the up position and changed the rubber. All is fine now. Flipper rubber no longer meets the metal edge of the rail.
[quoted image]

It got me bad, I tried to bend it as well,I donā€™t seem to end up with enough gap. Time for a new rubber,hope I can get one before this one expires. Pictures are before the bend.

7A100970-BD41-4D34-89F5-C88CD8F88DE0 (resized).jpeg7A100970-BD41-4D34-89F5-C88CD8F88DE0 (resized).jpeg80AE93E6-C022-4B63-9F2F-86AF8D3E366C (resized).png80AE93E6-C022-4B63-9F2F-86AF8D3E366C (resized).pngF530CD3A-B1A7-4E9D-AD68-FBDEDFBD43EE (resized).pngF530CD3A-B1A7-4E9D-AD68-FBDEDFBD43EE (resized).png
#6453 3 years ago
Quoted from thechakapakuni:

Whatā€™s wrong with the flippers? If youā€™re talking about the design, thatā€™s not changing as far as I know. Few things you can do to improve:
ā€¢ replace factory rubber
ā€¢ increase power
ā€¢ realign them to be parallel with lane guide
ā€¢ drop them down like stern
ā€¢ increase pitch to 6.8-7 deg.

#6454 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Iā€™ve never heard the fans. But I am also not bothered by power supply fans (I can hear those).

The JJP kits are a little louder than the Stern TB kits because I needed much higher CFM to keep the temps in check on JJP coils (50% more CFM). I tried 20% more CFM as an interim test with Karl, but it just wasn't enough to keep the coil heat down, and even with 50% more CFM it is still possible to barely break a peak into the beginning of fade if you trap for literally 20 minutes straight. That's how crazy the JJP coil temps are. Fortunately, as soon as you lose the ball or stop trapping for literally a minute the fans bring the temps down very quickly.

3 Stern kit fans running together put out about 17.8dB total. 3 of the JJP fans put out about 25.8dB running together. Still very quiet, but louder than the Spike/Spooky kits.

#6455 3 years ago
Quoted from Forum-ninja:

It got me bad, I tried to bend it as well,I donā€™t seem to end up with enough gap. Time for a new rubber,hope I can get one before this one expires. Pictures are before the bend.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Rotate it for now so it doesnā€™t snap on you.

#6456 3 years ago

I made a few adjustments to the game last night to help my sons friends last longer and n GNR. I forgot what settings I did so I went back in to change the setting to med play. Not to easy not to hard. Well it wonā€™t save that setting. It keeps going back to all the changes I made manually. Why???

#6457 3 years ago
Quoted from Forum-ninja:

It got me bad, I tried to bend it as well,I donā€™t seem to end up with enough gap. Time for a new rubber,hope I can get one before this one expires. Pictures are before the bend.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

yup that was what happened to mine to. i bend the metal a bit and the screw in the playfield had some space as well so it got enough clearance after refitting it that way.

#6458 3 years ago

Two things,
Can someone explain what Band Frenzy is? When Melissa calls it out I have no idea what to do to take advantage of it.

My diverter sometimes blocks my ramp shots and it also seems to be tearing a chunk out of the ramp at the back.
Anyone have solves for this?

#6459 3 years ago

There is nothing wrong with the flippers on this game.

Some people are concerned about temps, cool. Most people arenā€™t, they arenā€™t broken, itā€™s just how pinball is.

#6460 3 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Well it wonā€™t save that setting. It keeps going back to all the changes I made manually. Why???

I'd try a factory reset and start over.

LTG : )

#6461 3 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

Some people are concerned about temps, cool. Most people arenā€™t, they arenā€™t broken, itā€™s just how pinball is.

Exactly. Fade has been around for a LOOOONG time. It's just more prominent now with more complicated, longer games and new hardware platforms. Lots of people don't even play 30-45 minutes straight at a time to even get TO the beginnings of fade, so they'll never notice it, which is why it makes no sense to install coil coolers on all machines at the factory level. For those that want/need it there's a solution available.

#6462 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

I'd try a factory reset and start over.

Will it keep my high score and code update?

#6463 3 years ago
Quoted from fnosm:

Two things,
Can someone explain what Band Frenzy is? When Melissa calls it out I have no idea what to do to take advantage of it.
My diverter sometimes blocks my ramp shots and it also seems to be tearing a chunk out of the ramp at the back.
Anyone have solves for this?

Band frenzy is a switch frenzy that happens when you collect all the band members during a song. Bottom right corner of the display shows which band member is active to collect; their respective insert in front of the flippers will be flashing as well.

As for the ramp diverter. Mine was a little like that too. It was so long ago I forgot what I did. Maybe adjust and relighted a nearby nut? I honestly forgot. Sorry.

#6464 3 years ago

Strategy Question. This may have been asked before, but when you complete a number of modes in a song you get the choice to either quit the song, get the points, and get a chance for an extra ball; or, continue playing the song and get an additional ball. It would look simple to go with the first choice, as an extra ball is very attractive, but there must be a reason for continuing. Is it that the points/jackpot increases significantly?

#6465 3 years ago
Quoted from AvidPinPlayer:

Strategy Question. This may have been asked before, but when you complete a number of modes in a song you get the choice to either quit the song, get the points, and get a chance for an extra ball; or, continue playing the song and get an additional ball. It would look simple to go with the first choice, as an extra ball is very attractive, but there must be a reason for continuing. Is it that the points/jackpot increases significantly?

If you donā€™t cash out and are able to complete the song the jackpot is bigger.

#6466 3 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Will it keep my high score and code update?

High score no code yes.

#6467 3 years ago
Quoted from AvidPinPlayer:

Take the first extra ball by cashing out and go for deeper songs/more points on the next song. Later in the game, songs seem to be worth more anyway. So why not take the extra ball (especially if your magnet works so you can easily collect it) and then re-qualify another song?

#6468 3 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

High temps causing issues as gameplay moves on is a problem. Flippers get hot on any pin, but when it affects game play itā€™s broken and needs a fix

#6469 3 years ago
Quoted from MT45:

Posted this in CE thread as well
Klipsch Topper Upgrade -
I updated the install process and since my original post, have moved all components to the backbox.
There was a huge reduction in hum and noise, and it really cleans up the look under the game
For anyone interested in this mod, all the detailed instructions and supplies can be found on my blog
https://thepinballloft.com/2021/02/27/killer-klipsch/
[quoted image]

Thank you for the detailed instructions. I have all this installed with a klispch sub... it sounds absolutely amazing.... I ordered the SVS sub, canā€™t wait to get it installed. This is a must if you want the complete concert experience in my opinion. It really adds the ability to adjust the treble where you need it.

#6470 3 years ago
Quoted from DrJoe:

Take the first extra ball by cashing out and go for deeper songs/more points on the next song. Later in the game, songs seem to be worth more anyway. So why not take the extra ball (especially if your magnet works so you can easily collect it) and then re-qualify another song?

Does it give an extra ball or light the extra ball? Good strategy though may have to give it a try.

#6471 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Does it give an extra ball or light the extra ball? Good strategy though may have to give it a try.

Lights extra ball, so it helps if your magnet works.

#6472 3 years ago

High temps causing issues as gameplay moves on is a problem. Flippers get hot on any pin, but when it affects game play itā€™s broken and needs a fix

Okay, so using this logic, pinball has apparently been broken, with coils that heat up due to the laws of thermodynamics for 30 years or more. Why are you suddenly upset about it now, demanding a factory fix? Because there's an aftermarket solution now? That makes no sense. The people that have the issue will buy a kit. The people that don't play long enough to see fade won't and they'll still be happy.

#6473 3 years ago
Quoted from DrJoe:

Lights extra ball, so it helps if your magnet works.

Donā€™t need magnet to get an extra ball. Just the middle lane switch. The magnet is a cool effect though.

#6474 3 years ago

Repost from the CE thread..

MT45 showed the use of a small felt dot to reduce SDTM plunges. I also was getting tons of SDTM plunges, even after using the washer trick and checking all angles. I saw his post and tried the felt button, but I didnā€™t have one that thin and it would block the ball. So I tried one of these small hemispheric furniture dots. Perfect! Now it meanders slowly to either flipper and hardly ever goes SDTM. Try it out if youā€™re in the same boat!

439EC89D-97A3-4740-8A8D-73ECD765BF19 (resized).jpeg439EC89D-97A3-4740-8A8D-73ECD765BF19 (resized).jpegCBBFDE6A-AB68-4E81-BEA9-E6B5175565B6 (resized).jpegCBBFDE6A-AB68-4E81-BEA9-E6B5175565B6 (resized).jpeg
#6475 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Donā€™t need magnet to get an extra ball. Just the middle lane switch. The magnet is a cool effect though.

Oh I know but with no gates up top most shots make the full orbit and donā€™t drop in any lanes. And pop hits turn off the lit extra momentarily so itā€™s hard to hit it through the pops.

#6476 3 years ago

Is anyone having issues with their cam lights? My left cam light seems to have a mind of its own. Sometimes syncs with the other light when songs are on and sometimes does its own thing.

In test it doesn't respond to left right... only on occasion. I've checked the cabling etc. All seems OK.

#6477 3 years ago
Quoted from DrJoe:

Oh I know but with no gates up top most shots make the full orbit and donā€™t drop in any lanes. And pop hits turn off the lit extra momentarily so itā€™s hard to hit it through the pops.

I assumed that was Erics intension for the extra ball the same as he did with POTC. You Had to hit it through the pops Without hitting one to collect the extra ball. No free lunch I believe he said lol.

#6478 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Okay, so using this logic, pinball has apparently been broken, with coils that heat up due to the laws of thermodynamics for 30 years or more. Why are you suddenly upset about it now, demanding a factory fix? Because there's an aftermarket solution now? That makes no sense. The people that have the issue will buy a kit. The people that don't play long enough to see fade won't and they'll still be happy.

Who said Iā€™m upset, I havenā€™t even got the pin yet. You got 2 pages talking about selling fans to cool down factory flipper coils and there isnā€™t a problem? I simply stated Iā€™m hoping I donā€™t need to buy fans to keep my factory flipper coils from performing, this isnā€™t even an argument

#6479 3 years ago

Who said Iā€™m upset, I havenā€™t even got the pin yet. You got 2 pages talking about selling fans to cool down factory flipper coils and there isnā€™t a problem? I simply stated Iā€™m hoping I donā€™t need to buy fans to keep my factory flipper coils from performing, this isnā€™t even an argument

A> This isn't a new problem. You're only reading about it so much because there's a solution for it now and people enjoy having the option.
B> Flippers still work, even when faded. You just don't get top performance out of them. Same fade story since forever.
C> You're right, there is no argument, fade is not new. JJP didn't invent it. Ask tournament players about classic 1980s and 1990s B/W machines that faded on them late in a tournament.

There's no hoping required. For jjGnR, if you play 30 minute sessions or less you will likely not notice fade at all. If you play longer sessions (especially if you trap up) you will likely notice fade. This isn't a defect, it isn't new, but there is a ready made solution now if you don't like it. Simple.

#6480 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

A> This isn't a new problem. You're only reading about it so much because there's a solution for it now and people enjoy having the option.
B> Flippers still work, even when faded. You just don't get top performance out of them. Same fade story since forever.
C> You're right, there is no argument, fade is not new. JJP didn't invent it. Ask tournament players about classic 1980s and 1990s B/W machines that faded on them late in a tournament.
There's no hoping required. For jjGnR, if you play 30 minute sessions or less you will likely not notice fade at all. If you play longer sessions (especially if you trap up) you will likely notice fade. This isn't a defect, it isn't new, but there is a ready made solution now if you don't like it. Simple.

I think you're misunderstanding the chakapakuni , he's just saying IF flipper fade is a major issue why isn't fixed from the factory .
I have owned Wizard of Oz , The Hobbit , Get Away , and Fish Tales , all of them have been played for 3 to 4 hours Non-Stop on end , at Barbeques & Parties , and I've jumped on them and have still been able to the hit all the shots .
Obviously none of the people who play my pins are professional and trap up and cause the coils to heat up .
I totally get what you're saying , as you have temp sensors on Carl playing the game .
In this case I don't think anyone is out of line by what they are saying .
PS , if I install the fans , does that void my warranty .

#6481 3 years ago

Yeah I wish these fans were factory installed.

#6482 3 years ago

Was playing last night and got to Encore and game just seemed to stay in a constant loop. I tried everything but couldn't get game to start up again. Had to restart the game to get it working again. Was during November Rain, if that makes a difference. Is this a known issue? I have the SE. Thanks.

#6483 3 years ago

Has my biggest

Quoted from pinballjah:

Was playing last night and got to Encore and game just seemed to stay in a constant loop. I tried everything but couldn't get game to start up again. Had to restart the game to get it working again. Was during November Rain, if that makes a difference. Is this a known issue? I have the SE. Thanks.

Yes Iā€™ve read about this issue

#6484 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I think I may have given him the wrong impression with my posts. I am seeing a lot more than slightly noticeable fade after 30 mins of continuous play- more like extreme fade on the right flipper after 1-2 long songs. Now, Iā€™m almost certain this issue is to an extent contained to me. I either have a defective right flipper or am getting really inconsistent power from my outlet and itā€™s mostly affecting one flipper (is this possible?). When I touch my right coil after a game it feels much hotter than the left to the touch. I also did notice that when I turned off a lamp I have connected to the same outlet my flipper power felt much better. That being said, are your fans available for sale now?

#6485 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Has my biggest

Yes Iā€™ve read about this issue

Ok, thanks. Is it song specific like when the game use to crash on one song? I am still running the last code (think 1.13). Any idea if 1.14 fixed this? Thanks.

#6486 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

I assumed that was Erics intension for the extra ball the same as he did with POTC. You Had to hit it through the pops Without hitting one to collect the extra ball. No free lunch I believe he said lol.

But the lunch IS free when the magnet works because orbit shots activate the magnet, dropping the ball into the extra ball lane.

My main point is that if your magnet isnā€™t working, extra balls are a lot harder to collect. So, choosing to light extra ball vs. continue a song on ball 3 is a very different decision based on a working magnet or not.

#6487 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

Ok, thanks. Is it song specific like when the game use to crash on one song? I am still running the last code (think 1.13). Any idea if 1.14 fixed this? Thanks.

Iā€™m fairly sure 1.14 fixed it. I had the same bug about a looping encore animation on 1.13. Since 1.14 update I have not encountered the issue. On 1.13, Mine froze up on Mr Brownstone after completing the song and getting to Encore. Just kept looping the animation and couldnā€™t even tilt out of it. But hasnā€™t happened on 1.14 and Iā€™ve been playing it quite a bit.

#6488 3 years ago
Quoted from DrJoe:

But the lunch IS free when the magnet works because orbit shots activate the magnet, dropping the ball into the extra ball lane.
My main point is that if your magnet isnā€™t working, extra balls are a lot harder to collect. So, choosing to light extra ball vs. continue a song on ball 3 is a very different decision based on a working magnet or not.

Free lunch???? Where???

#6489 3 years ago

quick update on my headphone adapter situation, the controller board with the proper connection/hardware was supposed to be included in the kit. They are sending it to me. Crisis averted.

#6490 3 years ago

Just received an email saying my SE is on it's way to me in Canada. My first pinball.

#6491 3 years ago
Quoted from DaveBen:

Just received an email saying my SE is on it's way to me in Canada. My first pinball.

Congrats bud

#6492 3 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

PS , if I install the fans , does that void my warranty .

I don't know what the warranty laws are in Australia, but I doubt it.

#6493 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

quick update on my headphone adapter situation, the controller board with the proper connection/hardware was supposed to be included in the kit. They are sending it to me. Crisis averted.

That's great news.

#6494 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Thats good to hear.

#6495 3 years ago

Messing around with my topper ideas.

38226DC7-C55E-4FEF-961B-7159998B29C4 (resized).jpeg38226DC7-C55E-4FEF-961B-7159998B29C4 (resized).jpeg535D975A-3E37-4565-B943-C379E7AA96A7 (resized).jpeg535D975A-3E37-4565-B943-C379E7AA96A7 (resized).jpeg614D06E2-D8C6-4DD7-995F-56B0EF4FE081 (resized).jpeg614D06E2-D8C6-4DD7-995F-56B0EF4FE081 (resized).jpeg
#6496 3 years ago

well, I just had an encore loop after live and let die. Missed the jackpot shot and it keeps on looping in encore. Had to open my coindoor and go in menu to get out of it. To bad about my score. It was reasonable. Hope it gets fixed in next update.

#6497 3 years ago
Quoted from cybevenom:

well, I just had an encore loop after live and let die. Missed the jackpot shot and it keeps on looping in encore. Had to open my coindoor and go in menu to get out of it. To bad about my score. It was reasonable. Hope it gets fixed in next update.

I actually just had a similar Encore issue after making it to the end of ā€œOut Ta Get Me.ā€ I missed the applause jackpot too so Iā€™m wondering if that is a clue for the dev team.

#6498 3 years ago
Quoted from cybevenom:

I had the same issue happen to me today. Same song. I gave the machine a big nudge and that seemed to get it out of the loop.

#6499 3 years ago
Quoted from John1210:

Is anyone having issues with their cam lights? My left cam light seems to have a mind of its own. Sometimes syncs with the other light when songs are on and sometimes does its own thing.
In test it doesn't respond to left right... only on occasion. I've checked the cabling etc. All seems OK.

Try resetting the associated connectors on the board that is under the playfield...

#6500 3 years ago
Quoted from cybevenom:

Are you running 1.13 or 1.14? Seems to be a 1.13 issue.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Tulsa, OK
$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

8,250 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Glendora, CA
$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Machine - For Sale
Fredericksburg, VA
$ 11,000.00
ā‚¬ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 210.00
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

8,245 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Georgetown, KY
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

There are 28,345 posts in this topic. You are on page 130 of 567.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/130?hl=mrawesome44 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.