IMG_20240413_155854 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240413_155858 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240413_155856 (resized).jpg
IMG_1426 (resized).jpeg (© Nutty 5.0)
IMG_2636.gif
IMG_2002 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2003 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

78 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 28,339 posts in this topic. You are on page 128 of 567.
#6351 3 years ago
Quoted from Dashmonster:

How do I know if my magnet fails? Is there a diagnostic at game start up that shows this? Or are we just noticing it not working anymore

For me I just noticed it hadn't been grabbed in a long time. Then go to tests, coils, loop magnet. Make sure the coin door is closed. and have a ball near the magnet while pressing start.

The test pulse is very short, not a long grab like you get in the game - but if the magnet jumps at all when you hit start, it works.

#6352 3 years ago
Quoted from Dashmonster:

How do I know if my magnet fails? Is there a diagnostic at game start up that shows this? Or are we just noticing it not working anymore

Test for continuity on the coil lugs. No continuity means the thermal fuse blew.

#6353 3 years ago
Quoted from Stags6969:

Is there anyone running v1.14 with a working magnet?
Is anyone running an older code with a working magnet?
LE due to arrive next week, it's been out of the factory since last November, so expect it to have original code. Don't want to update if it's going to kill the magnet, but not sure you can get anything other than v1.14 to update to.

I'm running V1.14 and the magnet seems to work fine. My LE # 304, born December 2020

#6354 3 years ago

I’m very confused with this “thermal fuse” issue.
Looking at the website of the device, it seems to infer that this is not actually a fuse but a device that will go open circuit at 85 degrees and then reset back closed when the temperature drops.
If this is the case, why are the devices failing completely open circuit? Bad batch?

#6355 3 years ago

LE from December 2020, Code 1.14, no issue with Magnet

#6356 3 years ago
Quoted from Stags6969:

I’m very confused with this “thermal fuse” issue.
Looking at the website of the device, it seems to infer that this is not actually a fuse but a device that will go open circuit at 85 degrees and then reset back closed when the temperature drops.
If this is the case, why are the devices failing completely open circuit? Bad batch?

I can tell you for sure that the device permanently fails (to open...no continuity).

#6357 3 years ago

I suspect this is to keep the magnet pole that goes through the playfield from discoloring the playfield with heat, as this device is not on the other coils on the game. And they use the same one for the playfield magnet in Wonka. Weird that someone from JJP doesn't just say what the problem is. Has to be over-use of the coil for the rating of the thermal fuse.

#6358 3 years ago
Quoted from DrJoe:

I can tell you for sure that the device permanently fails (to open...no continuity).

Can confirm, tested mine out of circuit completely cool and it was open.

#6359 3 years ago

How quickly should I be feeling flipper fade? Seems like my right flipper specifically needs more juice. I have it set at 27 but at times I’m struggling to get up the left ramp with authority (it makes it but with no speed). I wonder if my outlet is giving me issues?

#6360 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

How quickly should I be feeling flipper fade? Seems like my right flipper specifically needs more juice. I have it set at 27 but at times I’m struggling to get up the left ramp with authority (it makes it but with no speed). I wonder if my outlet is giving me issues?

I believe the higher the flipper setting, the faster they will heat up to the point of fading power.

#6361 3 years ago
Quoted from DrJoe:

I believe the higher the flipper setting, the faster they will heat up to the point of fading power.

Coooorrr.....ect!

#6362 3 years ago

I am seeing more and more flipper fade. Maybe I’m getting better at playing 6 balls at a time. Thinking the coil fans are an inevitable purchase for better longer game times. If I lock a ball and let the game rest awhile will this help?

#6363 3 years ago

Just get the fans. Then you won’t have to worry about it and play however you want for as long as you want.

#6364 3 years ago

I wonder if JJP will ever get their flippers right....I really hope so. When they were founded, they were proud of the fact they were using Williams mechs to bring back that 90s Williams feel, and it isn't even close, even when they aren't over-heated.

#6365 3 years ago

Yeah not sure why they thought using the parts alone would bring back the same feel.

#6366 3 years ago

fans aren’t available yet correct?

#6367 3 years ago
Quoted from DrJoe:

I wonder if JJP will ever get their flippers right....I really hope so. When they were founded, they were proud of the fact they were using Williams mechs to bring back that 90s Williams feel, and it isn't even close, even when they aren't over-heated.

Agreed. But to be fair, I do almost prefer the flippers on my GNR now vs my sterns. If you look at sterns, they droop way low below the guides, and GNR they are higher than the guides. Once I brought mine down to parallel, it was much better. I’m tempted to drop them lower to more match sterns but happy where they’re at. And I don’t notice the flipper fatigue like others.

#6368 3 years ago

I was just talking to a friend that is interested in GNR, and thought I’d share my comment in this thread in hopes that the JJP team is aware of the rules issues surrounding things like album modes and slash solo:

3 of the 4 album modes are pretty fun and unique. But yea, there’s no real incentive to play them unless you’re going for the wizard mode.

To add to this; I think what is needed is a reward for completing those album modes (and slash solo), not just points, but a reward to make you feel like you achieved something. A reason to play it.

#6369 3 years ago

Hopefully JJP takes advantage of WiFi code updates and adds a TON of content to GnR. If they tuned up the wizard modes code and even trickled a new song or two into the game they would sell every LE they make. How much would you pay for new songs? Slippery slope I know but I admit I would pay for records in my jukebox

#6370 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

fans aren’t available yet correct?

JJP Tibetan Breeze 3 flipper kits should be up for orders and shipping next week. Just got word the foam for the new packaging will be here next week.

#6371 3 years ago
Quoted from Dashmonster:

Hopefully JJP takes advantage of WiFi code updates and adds a TON of content to GnR. If they tuned up the wizard modes code and even trickled a new song or two into the game they would sell every LE they make. How much would you pay for new songs? Slippery slope I know but I admit I would pay for records in my jukebox

WoZ was code supported for like 6 years, and some of those updates were MONSTERS. So I think jjGnR will be fine.

#6372 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Just get the fans. Then you won’t have to worry about it and play however you want for as long as you want.

I have to agree - I installed a pre-release 3 flipper kit from PinMonk today.

Install was simple - plug and play into the power in the backbox, and some wire routing with zip ties to make it nice and tidy.
The kit includes the brackets+fans, standoffs (which screw into the coil stop), wiring harnesses and zip ties.

I spent about 2 hours on the install but honestly a good part of that was spent tightening up my wobbly record spinner so it's hard to quantify how much I actually spent installing the kit.

I have to admit I was resistant and maybe even a little skeptical about adding fans...but these things work amazingly well!
I can play for hours and the coils are still barely even warm. And more importantly, the shots remain consistent and powerful without fade.

I could not be more gruntled!

IMG_2843 (resized).jpegIMG_2843 (resized).jpeg
#6373 3 years ago

If anyone is thinking about selling their LE please give me a PM. Thanks

#6374 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

JJP Tibetan Breeze 3 flipper kits should be up for orders and shipping next week. Just got word the foam for the new packaging will be here next week.

Do you have a link to order these for the JJP GNR?

#6375 3 years ago
Quoted from PiperPinball:

Do you have a link to order these for the JJP GNR?

Not yet. Next week, they'll be in the pinmonk store on pinside here:
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1170-pin-monk

And also on pinmonk.com under the jjGnR section

#6376 3 years ago

Will you be shipping internationally?

Quoted from PinMonk:

Not yet. Next week, they'll be in the pinmonk store on pinside here:
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1170-pin-monk
And also on pinmonk.com under the jjGnR section

#6377 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

Can someone confirm that these mirror blades will fit without any modification on the SE model. Thanks.
https://cointaker.com/products/ballywms-remake-mirror-blades

I ordered some from pdi and they didn’t fit because of the bolt for the head and the whole in the mirror don’t line up. We took a dremel to the back side of the blade and cut it. When it’s installed you can’t even tell.

#6378 3 years ago

Never mind on the shipping thing, my dealer fully imsures

#6379 3 years ago
Quoted from Dashmonster:

Bummed myself that knocking on heavens door is not on the list among some others of course. When you look at the albums and only see a few songs compared to appatite it's a shame in my opinion only because I'm a huge gnr fan.

#6380 3 years ago

Hi all,
Considering joining the club but have a question on the kid friendly mode (ie explicit content off). Are the "adult" patches (ie condom, bra, undergarments!) also off? I will not get approval from the boss if condoms are popping up on screen! Thanks!

#6381 3 years ago
Quoted from DaddyManD:

Hi all,
Considering joining the club but have a question on the kid friendly mode (ie explicit content off). Are the "adult" patches (ie condom, bra, undergarments!) also off? I will not get approval from the boss if condoms are popping up on screen! Thanks!

Kids definitely need education on condoms. Use this as a selling point not a negative

#6382 3 years ago
Quoted from Stags6969:

Kids definitely need education on condoms. Use this as a selling point not a negative

HAHA that's classic. But seriously can someone answer the question? thanks

#6383 3 years ago
Quoted from DaddyManD:

At this time you can turn off adult language callouts and the explicit videos in adult setting(all songs) but not specific patches in either setting.
Someone correct me if I’m wrong.

#6384 3 years ago
Quoted from DaddyManD:

The patches cant be modified, but they're small, and not prominent on the display. For what it's worth, the bra and panties just look like a pink bikini top and bottom. Not a big deal. Our 13 year old daughter LOVES this game.

#6385 3 years ago
Quoted from Shmilder:

Will you be shipping internationally?

Yes, international orders can be placed on pinmonk.com.

#6386 3 years ago

I just played a couple quick games on my lunch break (got my ass kicked) and man does this thing sound good with a subwoofer installed. I know this isn't news to anyone that has one installed, but if you haven't you aren't getting the whole experience. Thanks to MarkA and SGSA from Pinnovators. Hopefully getting the kit installed in Willy Wonka tonight so I can test out the mixer.

#6387 3 years ago

Looking at the set list, there is some room for improvement there. Might make all those guys who have to pay $1k more feel like there is a little more value there.

Also, live tracks. We should be able to unlock alternate and live tracks as well.

Quoted from eagleeyemma:

Bummed myself that knocking on heavens door is not on the list among some others of course. When you look at the albums and only see a few songs compared to appatite it's a shame in my opinion only because I'm a huge gnr fan.

#6388 3 years ago

Just got my headphone adapter kit from JJP for my SE. can anyone help me understand where I plug this in, there were no instructions. Thanks

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#6389 3 years ago

kit (resized).jpgkit (resized).jpg

#6390 3 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

[quoted image]

thanks, how about the cable to the board?

#6391 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

thanks, how about the cable to the board?

If you explain what you mean i'll see if i can help.

#6392 3 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

If you explain what you mean i'll see if i can help.

Is there a cable running from the headphone jack to the green board on the left side of cabinet ?

#6393 3 years ago

Happy Friday, just waiting to hear LE’s are back on the line

551F13D4-F900-4ACF-91B4-752DD7C16589.gif551F13D4-F900-4ACF-91B4-752DD7C16589.gif
#6394 3 years ago

Yes, to plug at the top, white, yellow, black and red wires.

kit1 (resized).jpgkit1 (resized).jpg

#6395 3 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Yes, to plug at the top, white, yellow, black and red wires.
[quoted image]

Lol god dammit the SE doesn’t have that connection soldered on to the board... what a pain in the ass

#6396 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Lol god dammit the SE doesn’t have that connection soldered on to the board... what a pain in the ass

Is the SE cabinet cut out for the headphone plate?

#6397 3 years ago
Quoted from dug:

Is the SE cabinet cut out for the headphone plate?

Yes.... I have the power connector there as well

#6398 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Yes.... I have the power connector there as well

Sweet. Post some pics when you are done.

#6399 3 years ago
Quoted from dug:

Sweet. Post some pics when you are done.

Can’t connect...

006B6075-F463-4E9B-B654-52B817610A2A (resized).jpeg006B6075-F463-4E9B-B654-52B817610A2A (resized).jpeg
#6400 3 years ago

Do you guys think I could just use something like this to connect it?

ebay.com link: 1PC NEW 10PIN Solderless Push in Pin Header 2x5 0 1 2 54mm spacing

I really don’t want to take out the board and take my horrible soldering skills to this thing....

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Plantsville, CT
$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Appleton, WI
$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
$ 11,000.00
€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 210.00
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

8,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mohawk, NY
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

There are 28,339 posts in this topic. You are on page 128 of 567.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/128?hl=sgsa and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.