• LE 376 votes
    50%
  • SE 50 votes
    7%
  • None 168 votes
    22%

(758 votes)

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,064 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_20210302_165235 (resized).jpg
IMG_20210302_165247 (resized).jpg
IMG_20210302_165255 (resized).jpg
IMG_20210302_165311 (resized).jpg
IMG_20210302_165319 (resized).jpg
IMG_20210302_165314 (resized).jpg
IMG_20210302_165330 (resized).jpg
IMG_20210302_175431 (resized).jpg
IMG_20210302_165004 (resized).jpg
IMG_20210302_175437 (resized).jpg
20210302_120840 (resized).jpg
gnr2 (resized).jpg
gnr1 (resized).jpg
38226DC7-C55E-4FEF-961B-7159998B29C4 (resized).jpeg
614D06E2-D8C6-4DD7-995F-56B0EF4FE081 (resized).jpeg
535D975A-3E37-4565-B943-C379E7AA96A7 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

10 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 6513 posts in this topic. You are on page 127 of 131.
#6301 8 days ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

Just want to verify that the SE doesnt come with a shaker? Anything else i should order before game shows up thats needed like rubbers that wear quickly like some of JJPs other games?

A set of Titan rubbers, is switch out the flipper rubbers before game 1

Shaker

Pinwoofer (if you want much better sound)

#6302 8 days ago
Quoted from DrJoe:

Or maybe JJP can figure out what’s wrong with the code. This same magnet was used in Wonka with no issue. Now it’s failing quickly, and impacting gameplay (top lanes are too hard to collect). My guess is the endless multiballs keep it energized too long but that’s only a guess. I’ve had 2 fail quickly and don’t see the point of putting in another until they figure this out.

Well it seems to be an case of over-use of the coil, but putting a thermal switch on it would be better than a fuse (or maybe a switch AND a higher-rated fuse). At least then it could turn off if it's getting close to the point of blowing the fuse until it cools down, then turns back on automatically when the coil has cooled.

I assume long-term there will be some changes to the software, but who knows for sure?

#6303 8 days ago

We've had an amazing response to our Guns N Roses Worldwide Exclusive Sculpted Bullet Shooter Rod. You can order one here. Photo shown is of the prototype:
https://littleshopofgames.com/shop/the-art-of-pinball/jersey-jack-pinball-guns-n-roses-shooter-rod-by-the-art-of-pinball/

Check out the other offerings from Lior and The Art of Pinball, and stay tuned as next week we have another reveal of a new mod for GNR!
https://littleshopofgames.com/product-category/the-art-of-pinball/

Thank you for your support of our partnership with The Art of Pinball's new distribution system. Please feel free to reach out with any questions or concerns.

Marshall Dickson
Little Shop of Games

GNR The Art of Pinball Bullet shooter rod (resized).jpgGNR The Art of Pinball Bullet shooter rod detail (resized).jpgGNR The Art of Pinball Bullet shooter rod with skull detail (resized).jpg
#6304 8 days ago
Quoted from punkin:

Yes, rubbers. The ones on the slings lasted a couple of days. They are smaller than the ones i got as replacements.

If the sling rubbers are a different then normal size would you happen to know the exact size i should order for the slings?

#6305 8 days ago

Sorry mate, no. I ordered a kit from Babak at Pinball Haus and it didn't come with a size list. Rubbers are in the machine, i can take one out and measure if someone else can't answer for you. Pretty sure i saw the sizes earlier in the thread somewhere too if you are a good searcher.

#6306 8 days ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

If the sling rubbers are a different then normal size would you happen to know the exact size i should order for the slings?

2 1/4"

From the CE thread:

ACFF27A5-AB58-4A02-A519-B1722E3D7C07 (resized).jpeg

#6307 8 days ago
Quoted from punkin:

Sure Wayne. I'll skip that Hot wheels i was looking at too.

Thats fine, if you are going to rub pricing in my face when all i am doing is trying to help, you have never bought anything in the past so I wouldn't expect anything different,

And its a HSV VF GTS a 2019 Mustang a Aston Martin and a New C8 Corvette Not a Ferrari I own

PS 15 others have ordered the same parts for their game regardless of price

#6308 7 days ago
Quoted from SGSA:

For those of you on both GnR threads, my apologies, I could not for the life of me figure out how to link to that post so I have copied and pasted.
We have had so many oders for our sub kit that I thought I should mention for those considering the Pinnovators sub kit for GnR we discovered when our CE arrived (#202) that JJP isn't using the same speaker in all the machines so we have two options now for a sub kit our PINsub MS Blue and our PINsub MSPO.
They are basically the same kit, it's just the difference in the wire gauge and the way you attach it. The MSPO is a bit quicker to install but both are super quick anyway. When deciding between the two if you have free speaker terminals use the MSPO, if not, use the MS Blue.
Here is the link to the MS Blue https://pinnovators.myshopify.com/collections/all-other-systems-subwoofer-kits/products/pinsub-subwoofer-kit-multi-system-blue
Here is the link for the MSPO https://pinnovators.myshopify.com/collections/all-other-systems-subwoofer-kits/products/pinsub-multi-system-push-on-kit.
navystan posted a geat video of the kit in action on post #2192 of the CE thread.
Also, if anyone is looking for a dedicated place to hang your headphones we just came out with a great line of magnetic headphone holders called the PINpeg. I have the PINpeg Skull on my GnR and it looks great . We have two different skulls which go great with GnR IMHO, a glass one for $25 and a metal one for $30. I've attached a picture but it is kind of hard to see as it's glass. Here is the link to the line of PINpegs https://pinnovators.myshopify.com/collections/pinnovators-pinpeg
Feel free to message me if you have any questions.
~Sandra
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Would make a great shooter rod as well. Does the sub kit work on the SE/LE and CE? Thanks.

#6309 7 days ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

Would make a great shooter rod as well.

I had thought that would be cool, but the size of the skull doesn't have the room to modify it for that use.

Thankfully there are some other nice shooter rods out there. I assume you have seen the one by The Art of Pinball, my husband ordered that one after I showed it to him the other day. It'll be a bit of a wait but from what I read here on PinSide his work is amazing.

https://littleshopofgames.com/shop/the-art-of-pinball/jersey-jack-pinball-guns-n-roses-shooter-rod-by-the-art-of-pinball/

#6310 7 days ago

Can someone confirm that these mirror blades will fit without any modification on the SE model. Thanks.

https://cointaker.com/products/ballywms-remake-mirror-blades

#6311 7 days ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

Can someone confirm that these mirror blades will fit without any modification on the SE model. Thanks.

I put them on mine they fit barely I have an LE so there really shouldn’t be any difference? It’s not that there’s not enough room they just don’t seem to slide back far enough and the back box hinge bolts don’t line up exactly perfect.

#6312 7 days ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

have them on my le, they fit. you have to make sure you can slide them in between the cabinet wall and the plastic glass channel

#6313 7 days ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

Good luck. Maybe you have a little gap in the wood to slide them far enough back so they align with the bolt hole. My game had no gap in the wood, so I could not secure with the bolt and used 3 pieces of double sided tape to secure.

Go into the purchase expecting them to NOT be a perfect fit and you will not be disappointed.

#6314 7 days ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Good luck. Maybe you have a little gap in the wood to slide them far enough back so they align with the bolt hole. My game had no gap in the wood, so I could not secure with the bolt and used 3 pieces of double sided tape to secure.
Go into the purchase expecting them to NOT be a perfect fit and you will not be disappointed.

what do you mean you could not secure with the bolt? the ones I have go around the bolt and are only held on with a couple of screws in the bottom portion of the blades. Mine were marked BW remake.

#6315 7 days ago
Quoted from Ballypinball:

Thats fine, if you are going to rub pricing in my face when all i am doing is trying to help, you have never bought anything in the past so I wouldn't expect anything different,
And its a HSV VF GTS a 2019 Mustang a Aston Martin and a New C8 Corvette Not a Ferrari I own
PS 15 others have ordered the same parts for their game regardless of price

I do appreciate the help Wayne. I had already ordered them when you gave me the part number because someone got in before you is all. But i appreciate you doing it. And i would not have mentioned the price difference except it was in reply to someone else. Although i think you should be aware that your pricing is more than double your competitions, that's just good business practice. My Ferrari comment was a tongue in cheek jab, not a rub in your face. I apologise if you've taken offence at either my jest or my confusion about what model cars you own. I'm not a car guy.

I have bought lots of things in the past, just happens that they haven't been things from you although i almost got my Attack From Mars from you. And like i said, i was considering Hot Wheels and had a passing interest in Oktoberfest before that.

#6316 7 days ago
Quoted from Lermods:

what do you mean you could not secure with the bolt? the ones I have go around the bolt and are only held on with a couple of screws in the bottom portion of the blades. Mine were marked BW remake.

I mean the hinge bolt, no room to line up and insert the bolt. Had to install with 3 pieces of double sided tape up top because at that point I'm not screwing into the wall for a part that doesn't fit correctly anyway.

#6317 7 days ago

Hi guys, we've finally got a location GnR LE in Sydney and last night for the first time I used my headphones via Bluetooth. Sounds great, but any way to adjust the lag? It's about one second behind.

#6318 7 days ago

My distributor said they won’t run any more SEs. CE is now and then I assume LEs again. I wonder how many SEs they actually produced then? Seems low to only do a couple runs

#6319 7 days ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

My distributor said they won’t run any more SEs. CE is now and then I assume LEs again. I wonder how many SEs they actually produced then? Seems low to only do a couple runs

They are making SE's now CE production may have been put on hold or shifted to a different line.

#6320 7 days ago
Quoted from fnosm:

They are making SE's now CE production may have been put on hold or shifted to a different line.

Ok, he said after this run there done but I assumed they stopped already. Maybe this se run is very long

#6321 7 days ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

#6322 7 days ago

That's not entirely accurate. Jjp isn't accepting any new SE orders at this time. They never stated that they wont make more, they just need to catch up on the limited edition backlog first.

#6323 7 days ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

That's not entirely accurate. Jjp isn't accepting any new SE orders at this time. They never stated that they wont make more, they just need to catch up on the limited edition backlog first.

Ok, thanks. I figured they would again.

#6324 7 days ago
Quoted from DrJoe:

Or maybe JJP can figure out what’s wrong with the code. This same magnet was used in Wonka with no issue. Now it’s failing quickly, and impacting gameplay (top lanes are too hard to collect). My guess is the endless multiballs keep it energized too long but that’s only a guess. I’ve had 2 fail quickly and don’t see the point of putting in another until they figure this out.

Joe, this may be my imagination, but it seems to me that on earlier code the magnet was working fine? I didn't notice the failure until I updated the code from 1.04.

#6325 6 days ago
Quoted from BrianBannon:

Joe, this may be my imagination, but it seems to me that on earlier code the magnet was working fine? I didn't notice the failure until I updated the code from 1.04.

When I traded for mine it was at 1.04 and had 135 games played. Magnet worked for me until I did an update to 1.12 (I think) a few days later.

#6326 6 days ago

Joined the dead magnet club.

Working with Ken at JJP Support who is great as always. But I’m curious: for those who have come before me, what was the fix?

I’m not getting any voltage across the coil during test. Fuses F706 and 701 are fine (and - the other coils in the circuit are working fine...upper right flipper and diverter).

#6327 6 days ago
Quoted from wdbthree:

Joined the dead magnet club.
Working with Ken at JJP Support who is great as always. But I’m curious: for those who have come before me, what was the fix?
I’m not getting any voltage across the coil during test. Fuses F706 and 701 are fine (and - the other coils in the circuit are working fine...upper right flipper and diverter).

There’s an inline thermal fuse attached to the magnet coil. That’s the one blowing. Fix is a new coil, JJP should send you one. I’m still waiting for mine.

It does seem possible there’s an oopsy somewhere in the code that keeps that magnet on when it shouldn’t be, probably during a song when AXL is lit for frenzy and/or lanes are needed.

#6328 6 days ago
Quoted from BrianBannon:

Brian,

Hey, hope all's well. I got my game with 1.08 on it so I'm not sure about earlier code. It's not worth putting in a new coil (or thermal fuse) until they find the root cause. The left ramp diverter seems to get over-worked too. That one doesn't have a thermal fuse. If it did, it would be failing too because that one gets hot.

#6329 6 days ago

Is there anyone running v1.14 with a working magnet?
Is anyone running an older code with a working magnet?
LE due to arrive next week, it's been out of the factory since last November, so expect it to have original code. Don't want to update if it's going to kill the magnet, but not sure you can get anything other than v1.14 to update to.

#6330 6 days ago
Quoted from DrJoe:

Brian,
Hey, hope all's well. I got my game with 1.08 on it so I'm not sure about earlier code. It's not worth putting in a new coil (or thermal fuse) until they find the root cause. The left ramp diverter seems to get over-worked too. That one doesn't have a thermal fuse. If it did, it would be failing too because that one gets hot.

Left ramp diverter is better with current code than it was. Before it could get to 220F, and with the newer code it stays around 180F on long games and can't crack 200F in peaks. That's still very hot, but peaks aside is about a 20% improvement, which is moving the right direction.

#6331 6 days ago
Quoted from LTG:

I'd turn the game off. Put a meter on the tilt plum bob and ring. Then hold them together. See if it registers on the meter. Could need cleaning of the ring or plum bob.
Then check continuity of each wire from the tilt to the I/O board. Could be a break along the way.
LTG : )

Thank you very much Lloyd.
I put the meter on the wire and it came out perfect. unscrewed all the connection screws on the tilt assembly cleaned them and the ring and plum bob. Put everything back together and it is working perfect now. Too perfect. hahaha i miss the tiltless days. Gotta change my playstyle to a bit less rough but i finally get tilt warning and earning them back is a lot more rewarding.
God i love this game!!!!!!

#6332 6 days ago

Curious on this one. I get two times the amount of ball drains on the right out lane as I do the left. What about you guys!

#6333 6 days ago
Quoted from Stags6969:

LE due to arrive next week, it's been out of the factory since last November, so expect it to have original code. Don't want to update if it's going to kill the magnet, but not sure you can get anything other than v1.14 to update to.

I'm on 1.11 or 1.12. My magnet works fine. No way in hell I'm updating until theres major good content added.

#6334 6 days ago

I have a replacement part coming for my bad magnet, but I'm not installing it until there's an update addressing it (hopefully). As it is now, I love nailing orbits, so I'm fine with the magnet not stopping the ball to drop into the pops. Super flowy without the magnet.

Just get the AXL patch on your first ball to spot him the rest of the game. Or get the Fender patch to maybe add him when you get another band member. As far as when the ball is needed up in the lanes for an extra ball or AXL lanes, can still hit a soft orbit shot or straight up the center lane from the left flipper.

#6335 6 days ago

I must say, thank you to everyone who already has a JJPGNR* machine, and is finding and reporting issues. It makes the wait for mine bearable knowing that less issues will be found when I get ours

#6336 6 days ago
Quoted from pinballj:

I must say, thank you to everyone who already has a JJPGNR* machine, and is finding and reporting issues. It makes the wait for mine bearable knowing that less issues will be found when I get ours

I was thinking the same thing. I’m a least 6 months out which sounds good now

#6337 6 days ago

It’s pinball. Games will always have issues.

You just hope they are as minor as the ones here.

Quoted from pinballj:

#6338 6 days ago
Quoted from Stags6969:

I have one of the first batch of LE’s. I’ve been running 1.14 since it was released and playing it everyday. No magnet issues thus far.

#6339 6 days ago

Hi guys,
I have terrible internet where I live so need to download the 1.14 software upgrade to a USB drive to then update my game. On JJP site there are two versions - USA Mirror and EU Mirror. I have no idea what these different versions mean so what would I use for my game in Australia?
Thank you.

#6340 6 days ago

I used the USA one, they will just have different d/l speeds, the content is the same i assume.

#6341 6 days ago

Just curious if anyone's played both Le and se models and your take away. Haven't got anytime yet on this one but sure would like to.

#6342 6 days ago
Quoted from Schabs81:

Just curious if anyone's played both Le and se models and your take away. Haven't got anytime yet on this one but sure would like to.

I own an LE but have played the SE. The SE plays faster with a bit more flow but seemed a bit one dimensional compared to the LE. I really enjoy the upper playfield and guitar headstock lock. Also the RGB hot rails on the LE vs. all white hot rails on the SE is a major difference. Personally, I can’t stand the SE cabinet and back box art. I think it looks hideous, lol. LE has the best art, IMO.

#6343 6 days ago
Quoted from BeeGee6533:

I own an LE but have played the SE. The SE plays faster with a bit more flow but seemed a bit one dimensional compared to the LE. I really enjoy the upper playfield and guitar headstock lock. Also the RGB hot rails on the LE vs. all white hot rails on the SE is a major difference. Personally, I can’t stand the SE cabinet and back box art. I think it looks hideous, lol. LE has the best art, IMO.

LOL and I made the trade for an SE because I thought it was the best art package.

#6344 6 days ago
Quoted from Stags6969:

I am running 1.14 since it’s release day and my magnet has not had any issues. I have had my machine since early December.

#6345 6 days ago
Quoted from Drac:

so what would I use for my game in Australia?

Either one you want.

#6346 6 days ago
Quoted from PoMC:

LOL and I made the trade for an SE because I thought it was the best art package.

All good, my friend! Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

#6347 6 days ago
Quoted from LTG:

Either one you want.

What is the dirrerence?

Thanks in advance!

#6348 6 days ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

What is the dirrerence?
Thanks in advance!

They are hosted on different servers. One or the other may be closer to you or faster depending where you are.

#6349 6 days ago
Quoted from punkin:

They are hosted on different servers. One or the other may be closer to you or faster depending where you are.

Thanks!

#6350 6 days ago

How do I know if my magnet fails? Is there a diagnostic at game start up that shows this? Or are we just noticing it not working anymore

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Wanted
$ 12.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 499.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
$ 279.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Emerald Hills, CA
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 149.95
Pinball Machine
COINTAKER.COM
There are 6513 posts in this topic. You are on page 127 of 131.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside