IMG_2676.gif
IMG_0960 (resized).jpeg
image1 (resized).jpeg
image0 (resized).jpeg
GnRAllenWrenchMod (resized).jpg
200w.gif
IMG_2222 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

78 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 28,410 posts in this topic. You are on page 124 of 569.
#6151 3 years ago
Quoted from cybevenom:

Those are pretty cool. I am thinking of hanging this on the wall or as a topper on my LE.
[quoted image]

You are lucky to be on that side of the pond. I was quoted $450 to ship to US

#6152 3 years ago
Quoted from JohnJ1366:

Don’t worry you paid like a million dollars less for your game for being on this side of the pond.

#6153 3 years ago
Quoted from cybevenom:

Its a store in the Netherlands but it is 230 Volts and they don't ship it because of the fragility.
https://www.fiftiesstore.nl/guns-n-roses-guitar-shaped-neon-sign-119-x-45-cm.html

This store has a big markup, I was quoted 290 Euro for the neon sign from the manufacturer but this site is charging 399euro.

#6154 3 years ago
Quoted from JohnJ1366:

Same here, almost pays for the airfare to go pick it up in person.

#6155 3 years ago

Black super bands on the flippers with these flame flipper decals I’ve had for years and no idea where I got them from. Tried them out for the hell of it and we really like the look. Always fun when I can use spare parts. Reinforces my hoarding.

19A0CE36-F08F-45EE-9882-0FCBC2A359D9 (resized).jpeg19A0CE36-F08F-45EE-9882-0FCBC2A359D9 (resized).jpeg8DB02E06-AB01-44F9-99B1-BD478C7A6B9E (resized).jpeg8DB02E06-AB01-44F9-99B1-BD478C7A6B9E (resized).jpeg9952DB8F-8295-4A9E-801E-45048831A97F (resized).jpeg9952DB8F-8295-4A9E-801E-45048831A97F (resized).jpegAFB71243-6BA4-49DB-8D75-D81311FB749E (resized).jpegAFB71243-6BA4-49DB-8D75-D81311FB749E (resized).jpegC4802EB7-47AF-4279-A684-9723A67DD1DB (resized).jpegC4802EB7-47AF-4279-A684-9723A67DD1DB (resized).jpegC5E04272-924A-47C8-B9B1-43C20BE0CEA5 (resized).jpegC5E04272-924A-47C8-B9B1-43C20BE0CEA5 (resized).jpeg
#6156 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

You live the life very impressed!! What an impressive website of products. Really appreciate the share. Thanks and good luck!!

It's not for everyone mate.

As a high functioning alcoholic (like a high functioning drug addict) a person has to give up a lot of things to concentrate dwindling resources on other things.

Not financially so much as you can brew for next to nothing, but memory, family, friends, sex life, health and time on this planet are all on the negotiating block. It's not so romantic as it looks from outside.

Take food from my mouth
Take my sex
Take my friends take my lovers
Here take this
You'll never know what you do to me
Maybe I'm wrong
Let's take this journey together
Please come please come along

Apologies for the derail, it's a bad habit.

#6157 3 years ago

Phew! I need a beer

#6158 3 years ago
Quoted from PinballGalore:

My slash mini Gibson’s have finally arrived. Way ahead of my actual game.
I’ll try them up top with the CE topper, all lined up and nicely lit from the topper leds. if that won’t work I’ll have to think of something else, they’re gorgeous. [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

PinballGalore cool idea... love me some Appetite Amber! Think one of mine would work as a topper?
0755036B-99DD-441D-ADEA-426B45FAEDA4 (resized).jpeg0755036B-99DD-441D-ADEA-426B45FAEDA4 (resized).jpeg096D643D-4B37-4870-B763-48EAEC52D2E8 (resized).jpeg096D643D-4B37-4870-B763-48EAEC52D2E8 (resized).jpeg5FF292FB-96D5-4939-8CD2-1927ADFB5C11 (resized).jpeg5FF292FB-96D5-4939-8CD2-1927ADFB5C11 (resized).jpeg

#6159 3 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

It's not for everyone mate.
As a high functioning alcoholic (like a high functioning drug addict) a person has to give up a lot of things to concentrate dwindling resources on other things.
Not financially so much as you can brew for next to nothing, but memory, family, friends, sex life, health and time on this planet are all on the negotiating block. It's not so romantic as it looks from outside.

Take food from my mouth
Take my sex
Take my friends take my lovers
Here take this
You'll never know what you do to me
Maybe I'm wrong
Let's take this journey together
Please come please come along
Apologies for the derail, it's a bad habit.

How many beers do you drink a day?

#6160 3 years ago

The update seems to be stuck at this point. Is this just a really long waiting process or did something lock up?

20210218_205656 (resized).jpg20210218_205656 (resized).jpg
#6161 3 years ago
Quoted from Chetrico:

The update seems to be stuck at this point. Is this just a really long waiting process or did something lock up?
[quoted image]

Make sure you keep your coin door open during entire update

#6162 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinballomatic:

Make sure you keep your coin door open during entire update

Great, I think it's working. Thank you.

#6163 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

How many beers do you drink a day?

Average out at just under a 24 pack a day. Only mid strength though.

#6164 3 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Average out at just under a 24 pack a day. Only mid strength though.

We will just say our goodbyes now?
Lol 24 cans a day?

#6165 3 years ago

Gotta die of something.

I'd rather die from having too much fun than die from being too healthy. Got a text from my neighbour at 3.02am this morning telling me for the sake of friendship to turn the music down
It's all Ando's fault i tell you.

Pinwoofer going in shortly, stand by for todays meltdown.

#6166 3 years ago

Doubled my GC score today. Finally some progress! 1 good game in 100, but when you have a good game there is nothing like it!

20210219_165852 (resized).jpg20210219_165852 (resized).jpg
#6167 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

We will just say our goodbyes now?
Lol 24 cans a day?

That sounds like a lot, but if you say it's one beer an hour, doesn't sound so bad.

#6168 3 years ago
Quoted from Jvspin:

That sounds like a lot, but if you say it's one beer an hour, doesn't sound so bad.

Or only 3 an hour for 8 hours a day, sounds like a sensible diet.

Cured my diabetes anyway!

#6169 3 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Or only 3 an hour for 8 hours a day, sounds like a sensible diet.
Cured my diabetes anyway!

I’ll drink to that!

Cheers!

C7F3FE87-2A53-4F18-8A77-64178D4B6D02 (resized).jpegC7F3FE87-2A53-4F18-8A77-64178D4B6D02 (resized).jpeg
#6170 3 years ago

Gnr is in the house. Did anyone change the sound settings on theirs? Seems like call outs are super loud and music is quiet

C7EA75C8-BC83-409C-98F2-12B1A3E117AC (resized).jpegC7EA75C8-BC83-409C-98F2-12B1A3E117AC (resized).jpeg
#6171 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-Obsessed:

I’ll drink to that!
Cheers!
[quoted image]

#6172 3 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

Gnr is in the house. Did anyone change the sound settings on theirs? Seems like call outs are super loud and music is quiet
[quoted image]

Agreed. And I did change mine. I’ll share when I get home.

#6173 3 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Gotta die of something.
I'd rather die from having too much fun than die from being too healthy. Got a text from my neighbour at 3.02am this morning telling me for the sake of friendship to turn the music down

So right!Eat drink and be merry for tomorrow we may die!

#6174 3 years ago

We'll die in silence.

No sound on my pinwoofer install.

Back to tracing my steps. oh well.

#6175 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I can't even get my hands on a machine yet, so not for me, for your other US pinside buddies.
But thank you!

Well i am lucky enough to have picked up my GNR LE 106 today. So guess i will not be leaving the house this weekend.

20210219_144839 (resized).jpg20210219_144839 (resized).jpg20210219_150800 (resized).jpg20210219_150800 (resized).jpg
Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#6176 3 years ago
Quoted from JohnJ1366:

yeah, but my GNR LE increased 2800 Euro's to 12700 Euro's so not so lucky on this side of the pond. Still i picked it up today and am enjoying the hell out of it.

#6177 3 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

[quoted image]

Here’s mine:
Music mix: 75 (default)
Speech mix: 70
Fanfare mix: 70

#6178 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Here’s mine:
Music mix: 75 (default)
Speech mix: 70
Fanfare mix: 70

thanks!

#6179 3 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Gotta die of something.

Maaattttee...............
Thank you for your incredible hospitality, such a amazing collection, Wow !
Sorry I could not keep my hands off your JJP LE Gunners, Amazing !
This Game IS NEXT LEVEL ! Holy Shit, Blow mE away ! Fuck ! Wow, \m/ \m/ Fuck................. Wow again !!!!!!
Thank you for the being so cool from an unknown visitor, such a Champion, Cheers,
Ando

20210219_215824 (resized).jpg20210219_215824 (resized).jpg20210219_222522_resized (resized).jpg20210219_222522_resized (resized).jpg
#6180 3 years ago

Question, is the new code update worthwhile? I'm on the original version 1.08 and I understand that the latest is V1.14. This is my first Jersey Jack pinball and it seems that updating the code is not easy. I was told that because the pin was logged into my WiFi that code updates will load automatically, but that has not been the case. Conversely, using an USB stick seems tricky at best and complicated by the fact that I have a Mac computer so the download tool is different. I tried to download the "unebutin" tool for my Mac, but I can't open it up, same with "Rufus." If the new code is worthwhile I will continue to try; otherwise, I will just skip it. How about trying to do it via the WiFi instead of using an USA stick?, is one method better than the other?
I firmly believe not to fix something that is not broken.

#6181 3 years ago
Quoted from AvidPinPlayer:

Question, is the new code update worthwhile? I'm on the original version 1.08 and I understand that the latest is V1.14. This is my first Jersey Jack pinball and it seems that updating the code is not easy. I was told that because the pin was logged into my WiFi that code updates will load automatically, but that has not been the case. Conversely, using an USB stick seems tricky at best and complicated by the fact that I have a Mac computer so the download tool is different. I tried to download the "unebutin" tool for my Mac, but I can't open it up, same with "Rufus." If the new code is worthwhile I will continue to try; otherwise, I will just skip it. How about trying to do it via the WiFi instead of using an USA stick?, is one method better than the other?

No one has bricked their machine trying to update. Connect your machine to wifi and do it wirelessly. I did it in 10 mins.

*nicoy3k is not responsible for any damage done to your machine

#6182 3 years ago

As i understand leaving the door open when updating seems to prevent the problem some people have with updating theirs. I had an usb stick allready prepped for the latest update but when i picked up my machine my distributor had allready updated the machine for me.

#6183 3 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Also added LED strip around the translite for even lighting. Did the same with Dialed In and Wonka.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Has anyone else done this. I have a set of usb leds and want to light up the border of the back glass and was wondering if there is a place to plug this into or do I have to tap into 5v somewhere?

#6184 3 years ago
Quoted from eagleeyemma:

I have to tap into 5v somewhere?

I wouldn't do that.

I'd get 12 volt LED strips off of Ebay and tap into coin door lights or spot lights.

LTG : )

#6185 3 years ago

Updating over WiFi is super easy. Like others said, just leave the coin door open while doing it.

Side note: little things like WiFi update, and the ball hold mech when lifting the pf...you don’t realize how much those little things help I really like it.

#6186 3 years ago

Serious question: How many lights is enough? Someone actually mentioned using Pinstadiums in addition to the hotrails. I guess adding stuff (more lights, toppers, toppers with speakers, dolls, stickers, subwoofers, etc.) just to add stuff becomes a big part of the hobby for many people. I'm surprised how many people focus on this stuff rather than gameplay.

Anyway, anyone else having the thermal fuse on the magnet fail (causing the magnet not to work)? Can't believe I'd be the only one as it happened twice on my machine already in a couple hundred plays. It's very noticeable as the top lanes become very difficult to collect, making extra balls near impossible and songs requiring top lanes to be hard to advance. I wish they would have used a gate up there instead of this problematic magnet.

#6187 3 years ago
Quoted from RA77:

Maaattttee...............
Thank you for your incredible hospitality, such a amazing collection, Wow !
Sorry I could not keep my hands off your JJP LE Gunners, Amazing !
This Game IS NEXT LEVEL ! Holy Shit, Blow mE away ! Fuck ! Wow, \m/ \m/ Fuck................. Wow again !!!!!!
Thank you for the being so cool from an unknown visitor, such a Champion, Cheers,
Ando[quoted image][quoted image]

You are welcome anytime mate. Gotta text from the neighbours at 3.02am telling me to turn the fucking music off. Dunno if you were still there then though.

Got to pull my pinsound out this morning before comp and get the sound back working, the amplifier won't power up. Dan's been fantastic and spent his whole Friday night troubleshooting with me instead of being with his family which i appreciate.

He said he'll get it sorted and i know he will, so back to the stock sound while i wait for replacements. May order a kit for my Deadpool as well. it deserves some love.

#6188 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

I wouldn't do that.
I'd get 12 volt LED strips off of Ebay and tap into coin door lights or spot lights.
LTG : )

Sounds like a plan. Thanks.

#6189 3 years ago

Has anyone tried to remove the stage on the SE? Just wondering how hard it is with all of the lights connected to it. Thanks.

#6190 3 years ago
Quoted from eagleeyemma:

Has anyone else done this. I have a set of usb leds and want to light up the border of the back glass and was wondering if there is a place to plug this into or do I have to tap into 5v somewhere?

My dialed in, Wonka and now guns and roses, all use 5V USB color LED strips I bought on clearance at Walmart for five dollars.

Wonka and Dialed in had an empty USB port on the computer that I used to power the strips for the back glass border. Guns and roses did not have an empty USB port so I used a small USB hub for power. Works and looks fantastic.

#6191 3 years ago
Quoted from DrJoe:

Serious question: How many lights is enough? Someone actually mentioned using Pinstadiums in addition to the hotrails. I guess adding stuff (more lights, toppers, toppers with speakers, dolls, stickers, subwoofers, etc.) just to add stuff becomes a big part of the hobby for many people. I'm surprised how many people focus on this stuff rather than gameplay.
Anyway, anyone else having the thermal fuse on the magnet fail (causing the magnet not to work)? Can't believe I'd be the only one as it happened twice on my machine already in a couple hundred plays. It's very noticeable as the top lanes become very difficult to collect, making extra balls near impossible and songs requiring top lanes to be hard to advance. I wish they would have used a gate up there instead of this problematic magnet.

Yes. Has failed on a few of us. Someone mentioned bypassing the resistor. I haven’t personally tried it yet but it’s a keyed post.

I’m waiting on a replacement from JJP currently before I try this.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/118#post-6133480

#6192 3 years ago

HA! That was my post originally. It's a thermal fuse, actually, not a resistor. Nonetheless, it is failing causing the magnet not to work, and after the second thermal fuse failure on my game (they sent me a new one when my original failed), I would guess they have a bad batch of thermal fuses or something in the code is keeping the magnet energized too long causing the failure. Maybe during a certain song mode where top lanes are needed and ball save lasts a minute or more (possibly keeping the magnet activated for a long stretch and over-heating). Not sure if people are playing the games yet, or still just modding them but it seems like this would be a wider-spread issue.

#6193 3 years ago
Quoted from DrJoe:

HA! That was my post originally. It's a thermal fuse, actually, not a resistor. Nonetheless, it is failing causing the magnet not to work, and after the second thermal fuse failure on my game (they sent me a new one when my original failed), I would guess they have a bad batch of thermal fuses or something in the code is keeping the magnet energized too long causing the failure. Maybe during a certain song mode where top lanes are needed and ball save lasts a minute or more (possibly keeping the magnet activated for a long stretch and over-heating). Not sure if people are playing the games yet, or still just modding them but it seems like this would be a wider-spread issue.

I'm waiting on my part - everything is delayed due to weather here. Considering bypassing the resistor to get running again, and if it just keeps popping maybe I will just throw a 23-800 coil in without one and call it done.

#6194 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I'm waiting on my part - everything is delayed due to weather here. Considering bypassing the resistor to get running again, and if it just keeps popping maybe I will just throw a 23-800 coil in without one and call it done.

So it's actually a thermal fuse (I mistakenly thought it was a resistor originally because I've never seen a coil that is thermal fused), so a lower power coil won't help. They must have fused the coil in case it gets too hot through overuse. Mine blew twice on play sessions that were only a game or two so either the coil is under-fused (design flaw), over-used via software (bad code somewhere), or they have bad fuses. Hopefully they find the root cause soon.

I bypassed the fuse after my first one went, and it was working fine. When the new coil arrived, I put that in, only for it to fail again within a few games. My gut feeling is it's locking on too long during a certain song mode that is played long (or some other game situation that doesn't happen every game).

#6195 3 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

My dialed in, Wonka and now guns and roses, all use 5V USB color LED strips I bought on clearance at Walmart for five dollars.
Wonka and Dialed in had an empty USB port on the computer that I used to power the strips for the back glass border. Guns and roses did not have an empty USB port so I used a small USB hub for power. Works and looks fantastic.

Yes it does, it's in the daughter board near the tilt mechanism, next to the Bluetooth dongle.

#6196 3 years ago
Quoted from DrJoe:

So it's actually a thermal fuse (I mistakenly thought it was a resistor originally because I've never seen a coil that is thermal fused), so a lower power coil won't help. They must have fused the coil in case it gets too hot through overuse. Mine blew twice on play sessions that were only a game or two so either the coil is under-fused (design flaw), over-used via software (bad code somewhere), or they have bad fuses. Hopefully they find the root cause soon.
I bypassed the fuse after my first one went, and it was working fine. When the new coil arrived, I put that in, only for it to fail again within a few games. My gut feeling is it's locking on too long during a certain song mode that is played long (or some other game situation that doesn't happen every game).

I'd take it off and put on a slightly larger inline fuse.

#6197 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I'd take it off and put on a slightly larger inline fuse.

Maybe we need a Pin Monk fan on that coil!

#6198 3 years ago
Quoted from DrJoe:

Thanks for the info. So you bypassed it with no issues? I wonder if you can dial down the magnet in software settings if that would help? I’m not near my hame atm, but if there’s a setting for it, I may try it when my replacement comes in. Speaking of which, what is the replacement? Is it a whole new coil? And how’s the swap, just resolder the new coil ?

#6199 3 years ago
Quoted from DrJoe:

Maybe we need a Pin Monk fan on that coil!

The left diverter does. Crazy temps on that. The magnet doesn't get used that much relative to the flipper coils, does it?

#6200 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

The left diverter does. Crazy temps on that. The magnet doesn't get used that much relative to the flipper coils, does it?

At what point do you just install a whole house fan in the cabinet? lol Pin-AC-systems

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

8,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mohawk, NY
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
The MOD Couple

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 210.00
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

7,450 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Silverthorne, CO
$ 11,000.00
8,250 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Glendora, CA
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 649.95
Lighting - Interactive
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

7,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Moreno Valley, CA
$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

There are 28,410 posts in this topic. You are on page 124 of 569.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/124?hl=jdub03 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.