IMG_2676.gif
IMG_0960 (resized).jpeg
image1 (resized).jpeg
image0 (resized).jpeg
GnRAllenWrenchMod (resized).jpg
200w.gif
IMG_2222 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

78 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 28,412 posts in this topic. You are on page 123 of 569.
#6101 3 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Can't even get it to boot up now.

Have you followed the Full Install instructions on the website carefully ? USB stick formatted to fat 32, nothing else on it. 8GB to 16GB. Download unpate, download unetbootin. Use untebootin to install the update on USB stick. Turn game off. Plug USB stick into the USB cable by the cash box. Turn game on. The game then loads it. When done the screen says update successful, remove USB stick. Reboot the game ( turn the game off, wait 10 seconds, turn game back on. )

In attract mode, open coin door. Hit the Enter diagnostic button, lower right corner of the screen has what version software is in your game.

Trying to do a delta update on a full install won't work. If you didn't install the update on the USB stick right, it won't work.

LTG : )

#6102 3 years ago

I believe i did all that LLoyd.

#6103 3 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

I believe i did all that LLoyd.

If you downloaded it from the USA mirror, please try the EU mirror. Maybe you got a bad download.

Try a different USB stick if you can. The game might not like the one you used.

#6104 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

If you downloaded it from the USA mirror, please try the EU mirror. Maybe you got a bad download.

It sounds like the dude needs to back away have a beer or two and tried again later!

#6105 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

It sounds like the dude needs to back away have a beer or two and tried again later!

How will that fix it?

#6106 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Is this the correct screen being displayed Lloyd for the update to be working?

gnr9 (resized).jpggnr9 (resized).jpg

#6108 3 years ago

OK, thanks, i''ll just wait then.

I have some new B/W switches and buttons coming for the flippers, so hopefully by next week i can get this playing.

#6109 3 years ago

I do know that from Scorbit's POV we've seen almost all updates go smoothly. Regardless, we've heard that in the next release they've introduced more fixes around the wifi download. For now, keep your coin door open during a wifi update and that is supposed to help.

#6110 3 years ago
Quoted from jsa:

I do know that from Scorbit's POV we've seen almost all updates go smoothly. Regardless, we've heard that in the next release they've introduced more fixes around the wifi download. For now, keep your coin door open during a wifi update and that is supposed to help.

Thanks, i can't get the machine to connect to the wifi.

And thanks to JJP who have been nursing me through email as well as here.

#6111 3 years ago

One of the unfortunate things about going online for the first time is that you undoubtedly run into issues with wifi incompatibilities. You wouldn't believe the WiFi journey we've been through at Scorbit to make our own WiFi hardware appear easy when you do a Scorbitron install!

#6112 3 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Thanks, i can't get the machine to connect to the wifi.
And thanks to JJP who have been nursing me through email as well as here.

Havenā€™t been able to get mine to connect since day 1. Not the router, not the network, not the WiFi password. Even swapped the dongle. Updates donā€™t help either. Must be something unplugged somewhere? I donā€™t mind the USB update though! Seems quicker!

#6113 3 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

How will that fix it?

Sometimes when Iā€™m doing complicated plumbing and tile layouts I have to walk away relax and come back at it.It jousts my little brain a rest

#6114 3 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

I have some new B/W switches and buttons coming for the flippers,

Maybe these pictures will help you adjust the leaf blades in your game ?

DSC00463 (resized).JPGDSC00463 (resized).JPGDSC00464 (resized).JPGDSC00464 (resized).JPG
#6115 3 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

It just goes straight to 'failed to update'. Used the same stick i use to update other machines, clean wiped and installed.
Why is everything so hard? And why release shit that doesn't work and use us as guinea pigs?
I'm stuck, can't update via wifi and can't update via usb.

What version are you on and what are you trying to update to? If it's a delta update, you do it from the system menu.

#6116 3 years ago

Thanks mate, i can't see any difference between what i have and what you show, but the flippers just don't work every now and then and it makes the machine pretty much unplayable. I have ordered some B/W switches and some lighted buttons to replace the dodgy red ones, so will see where that gets me when they come.

Sick of pulling the glass off all day as the right one bends again and stops working altogether.

#6117 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

What version are you on and what are you trying to update to? If it's a delta update, you do it from the system menu.

I don't know, whatever the machine shipped with when they put it on the boat last December. Updating to the latest one, i believe it's a full update not a 'delta' whatever that means.

#6118 3 years ago

Hi Guys can someone please tell me if this is the bill validator connector? (spare one in pic with blue wire, etc) and confirm please which wire is 12V and Ground. Thanks in advance

Gunners bill validator (resized).jpgGunners bill validator (resized).jpg
#6119 3 years ago

You have several B/W games... To troubleshoot grab a switch and button from another game.

Could save you a lot of time waiting for parts if itā€™s not the switch.

Quoted from punkin:

Thanks mate, i can't see any difference between what i have and what you show, but the flippers just don't work every now and then and it makes the machine pretty much unplayable. I have ordered some B/W switches and some lighted buttons to replace the dodgy red ones, so will see where that gets me when they come.
Sick of pulling the glass off all day as the right one bends again and stops working altogether.

#6120 3 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

but the flippers just don't work every now and then and it makes the machine pretty much unplayable.

Normally I wouldn't advise this. But since you have new flipper leaf blade switches coming. I'd take a fine tooth file and clean the part of the leaf blade that touches each other.

Those leaf blades resemble the self cleaning type, where the contacts meet. Kind of a cross pattern. I had the ones on the left side of my Hobbit were just a pain, occasionally not work. I gave in and filed them. Both directions as the contact went. Has worked fine ever since.

Also be sure you have solid connections of the wiring from each coil along their path to the I/O board and the connector there is on tight.

#6121 3 years ago
Quoted from Bmanpin:

Havenā€™t been able to get mine to connect since day 1. Not the router, not the network, not the WiFi password. Even swapped the dongle. Updates donā€™t help either. Must be something unplugged somewhere? I donā€™t mind the USB update though! Seems quicker!

Dumb question, but it fooled me for a day or 2. The wifi password is case sensitive, and the machine is capable of both lower and upper case letters. Did you double check that?

#6122 3 years ago
Quoted from Mancave:

Hi Guys can someone please tell me if this is the bill validator connector? (spare one in pic with blue wire, etc)

No.

#6123 3 years ago

Cheers Lloyd, have you got a picture of which one it is please and wire colour/value?

#6124 3 years ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

Dumb question, but it fooled me for a day or 2. The wifi password is case sensitive, and the machine is capable of both lower and upper case letters. Did you double check that?

Yep flipper buttons change case and characters . Still no dice. Sees the networks but always says disconnected and fails immediately. No biggie but should I check anything in back box? Cables etc?

#6125 3 years ago
Quoted from Mancave:

Cheers Lloyd, have you got a picture of which one it is please and wire colour/value?

I'd leave the bill validator harness alone.

The lights on the coin door are 12 volts. Tap into them for flipper button lights.

Or look online for a MEI 12 volt bill validator PDF manual, the pinout will be in there.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#6126 3 years ago
Quoted from Bmanpin:

Yep flipper buttons change case and characters . Still no dice. Sees the networks but always says disconnected and fails immediately. No biggie but should I check anything in back box? Cables etc?

Not sure where to look next. Mine connected without any issues once I realized the game could switch upper/lower case

#6127 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

I'd leave the bill validator harness alone.

The lights on the coin door are 12 volts. Tap into them for flipper button lights.

Or look online for a MEI 12 volt bill validator PDF manual, the pinout will be in there

Thanks mate, much appreciated

#6128 3 years ago
Quoted from Mancave:

Hi Guys can someone please tell me if this is the bill validator connector? (spare one in pic with blue wire, etc) and confirm please which wire is 12V and Ground. Thanks in advance
[quoted image]

Center that tilt bob, yo

#6129 3 years ago
Quoted from Mancave:

Thanks mate, much appreciated

I got some stuff for Deadpool from Comet, including lighted buttons and that's what they did Paul (buttons are for me in this instance for those following), tapped into a bulb on the coin door with a little led that had a double adaptor. jumper plug on there. Let me know if you need pics of the coin door on Gunners.

dp15 (resized).jpgdp15 (resized).jpg

#6130 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Center that tilt bob, yo

If i had this machine i most certainly would. Pic was borrowed from this thread

#6131 3 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

I got some stuff for Deadpool from Comet, including lighted buttons and that's what they did Paul (buttons are for me in this instance for those following), tapped into a bulb on the coin door with a little led that had a double adaptor. jumper plug on there. Let me know if you need pics of the coin door on Gunners.

Yeah send me a pic or two please mate. I have some Comet 6.3 bulbs with adaptor like that but they wont suit 12V for Gunners and will fry
Those Comet ones are for 6.3V hence hooked up to the insert socket, mine for Stern machines normally use the plug to the right in your picture (bill validator) which has 12V (grey/red) and GND (black) The insert socket will suffice for Gunners though, just need a good squiz at it

#6132 3 years ago
Quoted from Bmanpin:

If the game sees and displays the networks, and then doesn't connect, you're likely having a "key exchange" issue. This can sometimes be caused by the wifi router having a setting that is less common (encryption type, etc.). If you can, set your WiFi router to WPA2 Personal (WPA2-PSK) encryption. If it's set to WEP (too old) or something bizarre it might be failing to handshake.

Because the game is a linux box running relatively standard drivers, there isn't really anything to set on the game other than the SSID and password.

If your laptop or smartphone is connected to the same WiFi device, check your settings and see what type of connection it's using. Also, this is rare but it happens, sometimes a router is set to allocate only a limited number of IP addresses, and has difficulty assigning new ones. You can sometimes fix this by rebooting/power cycling the router or resetting the DHCP service on it.

#6133 3 years ago
Quoted from jsa:

If the game sees and displays the networks, and then doesn't connect, you're likely having a "key exchange" issue. This can sometimes be caused by the wifi router having a setting that is less common (encryption type, etc.). If you can, set your WiFi router to WPA2 Personal (WPA2-PSK) encryption. If it's set to WEP (too old) or something bizarre it might be failing to handshake.
Because the game is a linux box running relatively standard drivers, there isn't really anything to set on the game other than the SSID and password.
If you're laptop or smartphone is connected to the same WiFi device, check your settings and see what type of connection it's using. Also, this is rare but it happens, sometimes a router is set to allocate only a limited number of IP addresses, and has difficulty assigning new ones. You can sometimes fix this by rebooting/power cycling the router or resetting the DHCP service on it.

Not a WiFi knowledge guy but is it possible some are having issues because they have newer/older routers? I just did an Orbi mesh router with 5ghz And supports the older 2.4gh (Tri-band) Some WiFi devices (maybe GnR) only like one specific speed to connect. Just a thought.

#6134 3 years ago

My slash mini Gibsonā€™s have finally arrived. Way ahead of my actual game.
Iā€™ll try them up top with the CE topper, all lined up and nicely lit from the topper leds. if that wonā€™t work Iā€™ll have to think of something else, theyā€™re gorgeous.

55E8BF55-2C85-4B82-A096-C0E8FAB7E114 (resized).jpeg55E8BF55-2C85-4B82-A096-C0E8FAB7E114 (resized).jpegE50F3408-AC84-49B7-97B5-BCFDA4DAA9C8 (resized).jpegE50F3408-AC84-49B7-97B5-BCFDA4DAA9C8 (resized).jpegFDDC3A99-67C4-4CBD-8A46-8F94E49A120C (resized).jpegFDDC3A99-67C4-4CBD-8A46-8F94E49A120C (resized).jpeg
#6135 3 years ago
Quoted from PinballGalore:

My slash mini Gibsonā€™s have finally arrived. Way ahead of my actual game.
Iā€™ll try them up top with the CE topper, all lined up and nicely lit from the topper leds. if that wonā€™t work Iā€™ll have to think of something else, theyā€™re gorgeous. [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Those are pretty cool. I am thinking of hanging this on the wall or as a topper on my LE.

guns n roses guitar (2) (resized).jpgguns n roses guitar (2) (resized).jpg
#6136 3 years ago
Quoted from cybevenom:

Those are pretty cool. I am thinking of hanging this on the wall or as a topper on my LE.
[quoted image]

I had planned to order one of these but the shipping to Canada was more the actual cost of the product.

#6137 3 years ago
Quoted from cybevenom:

I am thinking of hanging this on the wall or as a topper on my LE.

Very cool...where did you get that from?

Thanks
Ed

#6138 3 years ago
Quoted from cybevenom:

[quoted image]

Plus one, very cool do you have a link or dimensions on that. Really cool.

#6139 3 years ago
Quoted from eharan:

Very cool...where did you get that from?
Thanks
Ed

Its a store in the Netherlands but it is 230 Volts and they don't ship it because of the fragility.
https://www.fiftiesstore.nl/guns-n-roses-guitar-shaped-neon-sign-119-x-45-cm.html

#6140 3 years ago
Quoted from cybevenom:

Its a store in the Netherlands but it is 230 Volts and they don't ship it because of the fragility.
https://www.fiftiesstore.nl/guns-n-roses-guitar-shaped-neon-sign-119-x-45-cm.html

Yes, but YOU ship for your good pinside buddies willing to take the breakage risk, right?

#6141 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Maybe these pictures will help you adjust the leaf blades in your game ?
[quoted image][quoted image]

Another question Lloyd (or anyone else) if i may, is it the outside leaf or the one next to the button that operates the bottom flipper? Just so i know which one to concentrate on.

#6142 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Yes, but YOU ship for your good pinside buddies willing to take the breakage risk, right?

Why? Are you interested pinmonk? I thought you would be far to busy to make sure our GNR's aren't overheating their coils.

#6143 3 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Another question Lloyd (or anyone else) if i may, is it the outside leaf or the one next to the button that operates the bottom flipper? Just so i know which one to concentrate on.

Red arrow (closest to button) is for lower Right flipper, Yellow arrow is for upper flipper.

56565 (resized).jpg56565 (resized).jpg
#6144 3 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

One closest to flipper button is for lowers. The one farthest away from the flipper button is for uppers.

#6145 3 years ago
Quoted from cybevenom:

Why? Are you interested pinmonk? I thought you would be far to busy to make sure our GNR's aren't overheating their coils.

I can't even get my hands on a machine yet, so not for me, for your other US pinside buddies.

But thank you!

#6146 3 years ago

Thanks guys.

#6147 3 years ago

Wish you luck I'm sure you'll get it fixed. Then when your done, I want to hear more about these Pallets of beer??? I have heard of people getting cases of beer or even a keg but Never in my life have I met anyone that buys beer by the Pallet!! lol

#6148 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Wish you luck I'm sure you'll get it fixed. Then when your done, I want to hear more about these Pallets of beer??? I have heard of people getting cases of beer or even a keg but Never in my life have I met anyone that buys beer by the Pallet!! lol

beer3 (resized).jpgbeer3 (resized).jpg

I save $2 a box ($200) and i only have to go to the bottle shop every 3 months. That's all. I used to brew my own and had a six keg system in my lounge room, so used to having a lot of beer around.
My hobby for years was distilling, my ex drank bourbon like i drank beer, so i had 100's of litres of rum, bourbon, scotch and vodka etc too, but i turned my hobby into my business, ditched the cook and stopped distilling.

www.stilldragon.com.au have a look.

Old pics;

beercubes1 (resized).jpgbeercubes1 (resized).jpg

bar4 (resized).jpgbar4 (resized).jpg

#6149 3 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

[quoted image]
I save $2 a box ($200) and i only have to go to the bottle shop every 3 months. That's all. I used to brew my own and had a six keg system in my lounge room, so used to having a lot of beer around.
My hobby for years was distilling, my ex drank bourbon like i drank beer, so i had 100's of litres of rum, bourbon, scotch and vodka etc too, but i turned my hobby into my business, ditched the cook and stopped distilling.
www.stilldragon.com.au have a look.
Old pics;
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

You live the life very impressed!! What an impressive website of products. Really appreciate the share. Thanks and good luck!!

#6150 3 years ago
Quoted from cybevenom:

I looked into the GnR neon one, they wanted $290 Euro for it (which is ok for a topper these days) but another $260 Euro extra for shipping. This is the manufacturer of the products. I think shipping to Canada was actually a bit cheaper than the US:

https://neonfactory.com/productcategorie/entertainment-en/

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

8,250 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Glendora, CA
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
The MOD Couple

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 210.00
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

ā‚¬ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

7,998 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Georgetown, KY
$ 11,000.00
12,060 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Idaho Falls, ID
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 649.95
Lighting - Interactive
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

6,790 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Silverthorne, CO
$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

There are 28,412 posts in this topic. You are on page 123 of 569.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/123 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.