IMG_20240413_155856 (resized).jpg
IMG_1426 (resized).jpeg (© Nutty 5.0)
IMG_2636.gif
IMG_2002 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2003 (resized).jpeg
1C8AE00A-E658-441F-8C85-35F46CC105C1 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3148 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

78 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 28,332 posts in this topic. You are on page 122 of 567.
#6051 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-NJA:

Can anyone help me find the connection for this?
Thanks!
[quoted image]

Down into the backbox, lower left side looking in from the front

#6052 3 years ago
Quoted from punkin:My LE is very much the fastest of the 25 games i own. So much so that at the moment at least, it's too much pinball for a man of my low skill level. Struggling to get over 3m.

Really? Your AFM should be much faster I think

#6053 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-NJA:

Thanks!
[quoted image]

Check out this post in the CE thread.
The plug you are looking for is in the back box near the bottom on the left.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-game-6-collector-s-edition-/page/46#post-6129277

#6054 3 years ago

Thank you! Found it.
There seemed to be another plug similar to the other but with 3 prongs.
I wasnā€™t sure if that should have something to plug into also?

Quoted from Pinballomatic:

Down into the backbox, lower left side looking in from the front

#6055 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-NJA:

Thank you! Found it.
There seemed to be another plug similar to the other but with 3 prongs.
I wasnā€™t sure if that should have something to plug into also?

No

#6056 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-NJA:

Thanks!
[quoted image]

Your topper speakers are wired backwards. You have the right speaker in the left channel output and vice versa.

#6057 3 years ago

Hey GnR folks. A couple Scorbit updates!

First, please, pretty please, update to 1.14 (with the coin door open to avoid the hanging mid-update). This will improve a bunch of things, but not the least of which really helps get Scorbit working really seamlessly.

Second, hurray! A new app release!

App_Update_Website_v1.0.21_v2 (resized).jpgApp_Update_Website_v1.0.21_v2 (resized).jpg

**App Release Version 1.0.21:**

Release notes:

-My Top Scores - All pinball machines now display your personal top scores on that machine as well as globally for that title.
-Manual Score Submission - Added leaderboards to all pinball machines, including machines without Scorbitrons installed.
-Many bug fixes.

The My Top Scores will display on the main screen when you navigate to any pinball machine. If you havenā€™t posted scores for that machine yet, it will still show you your top score ever (logged on Scorbit) for that title. Note: this doesnā€™t require Scorbit connectivity, it includes manual score submission.

Weā€™ve improved the manual score submission screen for those games without a Scorbitron installed. Now, all the leaderboards are visible prior to submission. Like a Scorbitron-enabled game, you can page back and forth across these leaderboards. If you start typing a score, it will jump to the photo upload screen to speed up score submission.

We also improved some of the memory usage and navigational elements, QR code sizing and printing, player slot auto-claim features, and general graphic fixes.

We're taking a lot of your suggestions and releasing many more features soon, stay tuned.

Finally, did I mention you should update to 1.14?

#6058 3 years ago

My gnr SE will be here Friday

#6059 3 years ago

Is there an option to disable the Scorbit QR code from being displayed on the screen? Finally had to disable Scorbit and wifi to get rid of the QR code. The game is in my house, I don't need or want a QR code plastered on my cool attract mode screen.

I set the Global high score anyway, so done with Scorbit until someone beats it.

#6060 3 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

My gnr SE will be here Friday

My GNR LE will be here friday too. Congrats on your game.

#6061 3 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Is there an option to disable the Scorbit QR code from being displayed on the screen? Finally had to disable Scorbit and wifi to get rid of the QR code. The game is in my house, I don't need or want a QR code plastered on my cool attract mode screen.
I set the Global high score anyway, so done with Scorbit until someone beats it.

There is a menu setting which lets you disable the QR code to be displayed

#6062 3 years ago

Happy to hear people getting theyre games .Does anyone have any info where theyā€™re at w builds Iā€™m confused hearing a SE n LE being delivered I though they were doing all 500 CEs then moving to LEs.

#6063 3 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Yes there is! In 1.14 it's in the system menu, so you can take that QR code off the attract. Please do that and reconnect!

#6064 3 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

Happy to hear people getting theyre games .Does anyone have any info where theyā€™re at w builds Iā€™m confused hearing a SE n LE being delivered I though they were doing all 500 CEs then moving to LEs.

Look at the locations of the posters. the LE's are in Australia, New Zealand and Europe.

#6065 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Really? Your AFM should be much faster I think

Not even close. AFM was designed in 1995. Pinballs have got faster since then.

#6066 3 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Look at the locations of the posters. the LE's are in Australia, New Zealand and Europe.

The CE going out was more what I was curious about .

#6067 3 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Sorry SE I meant

#6068 3 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Not even close. AFM was designed in 1995. Pinballs have got faster since then.

The original Attack From Mars is WAY faster than any JJP game and itā€™s not even close. How on earth is that even debatable? JJP games are fun and ā€œloadedā€ and all that, but ā€œfastā€, they are not.

#6069 3 years ago
Quoted from DrJoe:

The original Attack From Mars is WAY faster than any JJP game and itā€™s not even close. How on earth is that even debatable? JJP games are fun and ā€œloadedā€ and all that, but ā€œfastā€, they are not.

My Hobbit is not fast, but my GnR the ball comes round the loop faster than i can react to it quite often. Also off the targets at the bottom of the left ramp.

Apologies if you don't agree with my views, but it comes at me faster than i can deal with at the moment.

#6070 3 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

My Hobbit is not fast, but my GnR the ball comes round the loop faster than i can react to it quite often. Also off the targets at the bottom of the left ramp.
Apologies if you don't agree with my views, but it comes at me faster than i can deal with at the moment.

Those left ramp targets are brutal no doubt! Straight to the outlanes often! And yes, the time to react to those hits is basically nil.

AFM (original WPC) just has those slingshots that literally throw the ball back and forth, and alien targets that give big airballs, screaming fast orbits, etc.

JJP slings and flippers are way softer in comparison. Sluggish even.

#6071 3 years ago
Quoted from DrJoe:

Those left ramp targets are brutal no doubt! Straight to the outlanes often! And yes, the time to react to those hits is basically nil.
AFM (original WPC) just has those slingshots that literally throw the ball back and forth, and alien targets that give big airballs, screaming fast orbits, etc.

Ok, mines a remake. It's just the ball comes at me so fast that i'm not used to it on the gunners. I'll get a little better, maybe.

#6072 3 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

The CE going out was more what I was curious about .

My buddy and I are still weeks away from getting our CE's

#6073 3 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

Iā€™m confused hearing a SE n LE being delivered I though they were doing all 500 CEs then moving to LEs.

Complete speculation on my part but I wonder if there is a chance JJP got a second, smaller line up and running? I would assume given the demand of this game, and now they have been in the new facility for a bit, getting another line going would be an important focus for them.

Keep the main line running the CEs, use the second line for the remaining SEs, and then switch both over to the LEs in time?

I havenā€™t heard anyone mention that but it makes sense and sets them up for success and better prepared for the next game if it is another big hit.

#6074 3 years ago
Quoted from TaTa:

My buddy and I are still weeks away from getting our CE's

Saving the best till last

If SE's are sneaking in between CE's , I can only imagine that there may be some component delays.

#6075 3 years ago
Quoted from RA77:

Saving the best till last
If SE's are sneaking in between CE's , I can only imagine that there may be some component delays.

Haha.... Im 100% fine with being number 500

#6076 3 years ago

what do yā€™all have your flipper power at? This game plays so much better with powerful flippers but I want to make sure Iā€™m not gonna to damage my game. Right now I am at +2 on each flipper, 18 on upper

#6077 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

what do yā€™all have your flipper power at? This game plays so much better with powerful flippers but I want to make sure Iā€™m not gonna to damage my game. Right now I am at +2 on each flipper, 18 on upper

You're not going to damage your game with a +2, your flipper coils will just heat up and fade faster. That's about it.

#6078 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

If you notice a spike in airballs and your ball jumping the ramps then Iā€™d be a bit concerned, but if you donā€™t flip on and enjoy IMHO.

#6079 3 years ago
Quoted from pinball_keefer:

There is around 0.25s lag when using BT compared to realtime that will likely never be overcome. Keeping video sync'd when using bt loudspeakers we honestly haven't discussed yet. That would take some doing.

FWIW I would prioritize adding an option/preference to auto-reconnect a paired BT connection over the latter. That addition, IMHO would be immediately beneficial because the quarter-second lag isn't noticeable during gameplay, at all.

#6080 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

I'm running stock settings on 1.14. Either I was getting better anyway, or the reduced power to the right flipper in the new code allows me to nail 4-5 loops in a row now.

#6081 3 years ago

Trying to update code on my machine but can't seem to get the download started

https://www.jerseyjackpinball.com/support/

clicking on US or EU mirror does not much.

Also the instructions only talk about the usb update, can't find instructions for the wifi updat process?

http://marketing.jerseyjackpinball.com/general/install-full/

#6082 3 years ago

The wifi update process is accessed via the game menu under Utilities I believe.

FWIW I connected an ethernet cable to my GnR bypassing wifi altogether and my game completed updating in less than 15minutes. AMAZING!!!
YMMV based on your internet throughput speed.

#6083 3 years ago
Quoted from fnosm:

The wifi update process is accessed via the game menu under Utilities I believe.
FWIW I connected an ethernet cable to my GnR bypassing wifi altogether and my game completed updating in less than 15minutes. AMAZING!!!

Aha that is sweet to hear since i have some ethernet outlets in my wall where my GNR is set up. Guess mine will be Lan powered on a gigabit connection as well.

#6084 3 years ago

Installed a shaker a few minutes ago. Drinking a beer first and trying out some games with it.

#6085 3 years ago
Quoted from fnosm:

Set it all up then get 'connection failed'. Can't download the update, can't access the wifi option.

#6086 3 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Set it all up then get 'connection failed'. Can't download the update, can't access the wifi option.

First time I plugged into ethernet it auto-detected, got a DHCP address and I thought I was GTG. I flipped over to the update code menu and it failed. I went back to the network status (topmost menu) and it said network disconnected. I believe you can restart the network on that menu - somewhere I found that option - and after that, it stayed stable and I was truly able to use the network. See if yours is the same.

#6087 3 years ago
Quoted from DrJoe:

Canā€™t the rubber and settings be set up to kick it up.Iā€™ve found that games like DI and WW are sometimes not set up properly.Mine are set up fast and my buddies commented how much faster

#6088 3 years ago

Well i got the update onto a stick, but can't find a usb port to put it in. I have checked the support page in JJP's website all it say's is insert your stick.

Are you suppossed to have a tech background just to be able to play a fucking pinball machine? Why can't they make proper instructions with a picture of where to 'insert it'?

I have looked in the backbox where most of the usb slots are in most of my machines. i have also lifted the playfield for about the 30th time on my brand new machine, but can't see a slot there or on the door.

Hoping someone here can do JJP's job for them and show me where the usb port is?

#6089 3 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Well i got the update onto a stick, but can't find a usb port to put it in. I have checked the support page in JJP's website all it say's is insert your stick.
Are you suppossed to have a tech background just to be able to play a fucking pinball machine? Why can't they make proper instructions with a picture of where to 'insert it'?
I have looked in the backbox where most of the usb slots are in most of my machines. i have also lifted the playfield for about the 30th time on my brand new machine, but can't see a slot there or on the door.
Hoping someone here can do JJP's job for them and show me where the usb port is?

I have not had a JJP as yet, but believe it is pc based, so you could remove a usb dongle that is already in the back box pc and insert your update stick. Hopefully it is as easy as following the prompts , then put the wifi dongle or whatever you removed back where it was

#6090 3 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

All good, i found it in tiny small print on pg 64 of the manual that i had to download. There is an extension cable behind the coin box for anyone else as bad at pinball tech as i am.

#6091 3 years ago

I believe they usb to update manually is on the left side behind the coin box. Youā€™ll have to remove the WiFi adapter and swap in your usb stick.

#6092 3 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

There is a USB extension you can reach from the coin door. Unplug the little bluetooth or wifi dongle and you are good to go. It's secured behind the piece of wood that stops the coin box from going deeper into the cabinet.

Edit: Nevermind, took too long to post. Glad you found it.

#6093 3 years ago

It just goes straight to 'failed to update'. Used the same stick i use to update other machines, clean wiped and installed.

Why is everything so hard? And why release shit that doesn't work and use us as guinea pigs?

I'm stuck, can't update via wifi and can't update via usb.

#6094 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Canā€™t the rubber and settings be set up to kick it up.Iā€™ve found that games like DI and WW are sometimes not set up properly.Mine are set up fast and my buddies commented how much faster

I didnā€™t mean the ā€œrubbersā€ or silicone junk JJP uses is softer, I meant the slingshots kick softer, and the flippers have that JJP soft, mushy feel compared to WPC games or Stern SAM/SPIKE.

#6095 3 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

It just goes straight to 'failed to update'. Used the same stick i use to update other machines, clean wiped and installed.
Why is everything so hard? And why release shit that doesn't work and use us as guinea pigs?
I'm stuck, can't update via wifi and can't update via usb.

Are you able to get the machine to connect to the internet successfully? Forget the update for a second.

#6096 3 years ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

Are you able to get the machine to connect to the internet successfully? Forget the update for a second.

Can't even get it to boot up now. I am so dissapointed in this machine. Wait 6 months to get it and all i do is work on it to get it to play. Now it won't even start, and the flippers are still broken.

This is all the pos shows.

gnr7 (resized).jpggnr7 (resized).jpg

#6097 3 years ago

Feel your frustrations Punkin

#6098 3 years ago

Iā€™m pretty sure you can download the full disk image off the Jersey Jack website.

Grab a beer, reset, and image that bitch.

Quoted from punkin:

Can't even get it to boot up now. I am so dissapointed in this machine. Wait 6 months to get it and all i do is work on it to get it to play. Now it won't even start, and the flippers are still broken.
[quoted image]

#6099 3 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

[quoted image]

Ohhh, hell... sorry man. That sucks.

I'm still on code 1.12, game plays great, And I really don't want to even attempt an update after seeing all this mess.

#6100 3 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

Iā€™m pretty sure you can download the full disk image off the Jersey Jack website.
Grab a beer, reset, and image that bitch.

I don't even know what that means. I left school at 14, and that was half a century and tens of thousands of beers ago.

I seem to be making it worse by turning it off and on again.

gnr8 (resized).jpggnr8 (resized).jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 60.00
Hardware
Pin Parts

8,249 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Temple, TX
$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 210.00
ā‚¬ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

Machine - For Sale
Springfield, MO
8,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Old Saybrook, CT
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

7,275 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Crestview, FL
$ 40.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

Hardware
Pinball Haven

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 28,332 posts in this topic. You are on page 122 of 567.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/122?hl=pinballomatic and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.