IMG_1426 (resized).jpeg (© Nutty 5.0)
IMG_2636.gif
IMG_2002 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2003 (resized).jpeg
1C8AE00A-E658-441F-8C85-35F46CC105C1 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3148 (resized).jpeg
20240407_215717 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

78 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 28,327 posts in this topic. You are on page 121 of 567.
#6001 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

The foam prototype came in for the new kit packaging, which means the JJP Tibetan Breeze kit is getting close to release. Should be about 7-10 days out now. They are using fans that push 50% more CFM to keep the temps down more effectively. In Karl's test series the standard fan just didn't keep the temps where I wanted them (100-120F), so I had to go to a beefier fan for JJP. Finding the right balance of extra CFM and low noise was the problem, but it's good now.
[quoted image]

Are you building a list? If so, please place me on it for my GnR ...

#6002 3 years ago
Quoted from MT45:

Are you building a list? If so, please place me on it for my GnR ...

No list. It's too much to manage them with everything else I have going on. I'll put the JJP Tibetan Breeze kit in the store once I know the foam is shipped because it's 2-3 days out at that point. Then when it gets here, I'll have the orders ready and I can start shipping immediately. The brackets are the slowest part, but I've been printing them for a couple weeks to have a good stock headstart.

#6003 3 years ago

Any idea on how to make the left loop on the lower flipper shot and upper flipper shot smoother?

#6004 3 years ago

Was a KOHLā€™s today for an Amazon return and saw this. I think itā€™s a sign my LE is on the line! Lol.

594F505B-DD51-4BE9-88DC-EAB781BA5F67 (resized).jpeg594F505B-DD51-4BE9-88DC-EAB781BA5F67 (resized).jpeg

#6005 3 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

I haven't talked to my distributor or JJP about it yet as i'd rather replace them with decent switches. I only need to know which ones to order that will fit. I mean this is the major moving part, an extra 50 cents won't break them.
might have to start pulling some of my other machines to bits to find out for myself what will substitute.
Thanks, i'll pull it to bits again shortly and see if i can find a way to dodgy it up.

Hey mate, sorry to hear of the frustration,

They appear to be BW type leafs that RTTB would carry. I am heading your way tomorrow for a leisurely 5hr drive, once im settled I'll look you up and be happy to help out as I have a tech background.
Sorry I have no parts with me though they are at my place up north still. Can pick up anything along the way if you like ?
Cheers

#6006 3 years ago
Quoted from RA77:

Hey mate, sorry to hear of the frustration,
They appear to be BW type leafs that RTTB would carry. I am heading your way tomorrow for a leisurely 5hr drive, once im settled I'll look you up and be happy to help out as I have a tech background.
Sorry I have no parts with me though they are at my place up north still. Can pick up anything along the way if you like ?
Cheers

No worries mate, i have plenty of Bally/Williams games i can pull a couple out of till i get spares.

Look forward to seeing you. Pretty sure i gave you my number, text will get me answering.

#6007 3 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Any idea on how to make the left loop on the lower flipper shot and upper flipper shot smoother?

6.8 pitch +1 power boost to the lower flipper strength. They lowered the default flipper strength considerably, I had to raise mine back to the old default. Was 18 before? I forget. But it was 6 ticks or so higher than the new.

#6008 3 years ago
Quoted from adrock:

Just got asked by JJP to pay in full for my CE. They said it would ship within 2 weeks. I know I was at the end of the CE run since I ordered shortly before it sold out. I suspect they are putting the SEs back on the line afterwards.
Edit: shipping co just called, itā€™s arriving Friday.

According to my distributor the SEs are being built now and Iā€™ll have mine in a week or two.

I was on the list for both the se and le but told him a month ago to get me what ever I can get the soonest. Messaged me a week ago and said he would have some SEs by end of the month so I did it. I know 3 guys waiting on the LE they ordered day 2 of them being on sale. Figured if I play theirs and love it then I can upgrade someday.

#6009 3 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

I need a part number or something so i can order them here in Australia is all.

Is the part number in the manual ?
I don't know if this helps but this is what I found on my Hobbit .

IMG20210216225448 (resized).jpgIMG20210216225448 (resized).jpg
#6010 3 years ago

Thoughts on using some original Pinstadium lighting on an SE? Not sure if it will take away from some of the great lighting generated from the playfield. Has anyone tried Pinstadium on their SE? Thanks.

#6011 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

Thoughts on using some original Pinstadium lighting on an SE? Not sure if it will take away from some of the great lighting generated from the playfield. Has anyone tried Pinstadium on their SE? Thanks.

Have a set already? Try it out and post pics. I have a spare set, but no interest in testing them because I don't think it is worth my effort. Don't see the need, but wouldn't mind seeing the results.

#6012 3 years ago

Putting pinstadiums on an SE is like wearing a push-up bra when you have 3000cc implants

#6013 3 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

According to my distributor the SEs are being built now and Iā€™ll have mine in a week or two.
I was on the list for both the se and le but told him a month ago to get me what ever I can get the soonest. Messaged me a week ago and said he would have some SEs by end of the month so I did it. I know 3 guys waiting on the LE they ordered day 2 of them being on sale. Figured if I play theirs and love it then I can upgrade someday.

If you like fast flowy gameplay you made the right choice. I love shooting my SE, I wouldnā€™t trade it for an LE if it was offered for free (resale value aside)

#6014 3 years ago

Where do you guys have the top of the bubble on for pitch.
Trying to find the sweet spot for this game.

#6015 3 years ago
Quoted from dzmechanical:

Where do you guys have the top of the bubble on for pitch.
Trying to find the sweet spot for this game.

I always run JJPs with the top of the bubble at the second line from the bottom, per the manual.

#6016 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

6.8 pitch +1 power boost to the lower flipper strength. They lowered the default flipper strength considerably, I had to raise mine back to the old default. Was 18 before? I forget. But it was 6 ticks or so higher than the new.

The pitch is good. The power is good. It just seems to get caught up or stopped half way for some reason. I have a few friends with the same issue.

#6017 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Putting pinstadiums on an SE is like wearing a push-up bra when you have 3000cc implants

Good point, thought it might be a little overkill.

#6018 3 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

The pitch is good. The power is good. It just seems to get caught up or stopped half way for some reason. I have a few friends with the same issue.

Halfway on the left loop or halfway on the inner upper loop? I havenā€™t seen hang ups on the left loop. But the exit of the inner upper loop has a post in an awkward position that can deflect the ball. Not a real problem on my machine, but someone in this thread moved the guide to adjust for a smoother inner loop shot.

Not sure if this helps, just pushing out ideas.

#6019 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I always run JJPs with the top of the bubble at the second line from the bottom, per the manual.

Iā€™m same, 2nd line from bottom. Been toying with the ideas of increasing it up a little more. I love the way Karlā€™s machine plays on streams, I just want to be careful not to ruin any of the combo flows. Iā€™ll report back if/when I test different pitches.

#6020 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Iā€™m same, 2nd line from bottom. Been toying with the ideas of increasing it up a little more. I love the way Karlā€™s machine plays on streams, I just want to be careful not to ruin any of the combo flows. Iā€™ll report back if/when I test different pitches.

What pitch was Karl at during his stream?

#6021 3 years ago
Quoted from Wildbill327:

What pitch was Karl at during his stream?

I donā€™t remember. I asked him in his stream but I got c*ck blocked by my 3 yo so didnā€™t hear what he said. I think 3rd line? Iā€™ll try to find out.

I know when I spent my first two weeks dialing in the game I tried steeper pitches and remember losing some of the shots and combos. But now that Iā€™ve played around with flipper adjustments, Iā€™m curious to try steeper pitch again.

#6022 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

There is a setting but it just reduces how often the shaker goes off, not the intensity. I tuned it down but it ruined the ā€˜you could be mineā€™ song effect so turned it back. But, for someone who hates shakers as much as keefer does, youā€™d think it would be more subtle. Ah well, Iā€™m used to it now, just turn the volume up haha.

It IS an intensity adjustment, but it is conceivable that certain times the shaker motor is requested at more subtle levels wind up not being able to move the shaker motor much at all, resulting in what would seem like no shaker effects. Will have to look into it more.

And while I do hate their ubiquity, I'm not going to deny people that like them and paid for them their due. Besides, I am part of a team of people that implemented shaker during songs and other modes and I don't rule with an iron fist; everyone puts in what they think is appropriate.

#6023 3 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

[quoted image]

Sorry, no i don't want to replace it with one the same.

#6024 3 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Cabinet Parts.

Page C-3 in the Hobbit Manual :

18-0005-00 flipper leaf switch single
18-0005-01 flipper leaf switch double

Same thing in GNR

LTG : )

#6025 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

"Old" coil defaults were:
Left flipper 22
Right flipper 25
Upper Right flipper 18
Upper PF flipper 10

#6026 3 years ago

I think Guns has some of the best shaker effects I've seen.

Some songs use it as subwoofer for solid bass drops. Some use it as stomping crowds, etc. So good.

#6027 3 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

I haven't talked to my distributor or JJP about it yet as i'd rather replace them with decent switches. I only need to know which ones to order that will fit. I mean this is the major moving part, an extra 50 cents won't break them.
might have to start pulling some of my other machines to bits to find out for myself what will substitute.
Thanks, i'll pull it to bits again shortly and see if i can find a way to dodgy it up.

I don't know why everyone went back to leaf style flipper switches instead of the later B/W style opto sensor flipper switches. Seems like 5 steps back.

#6028 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I don't know why everyone went back to leaf style flipper switches instead of the later B/W style opto sensor flipper switches. Seems like 5 steps back.

I have no idea but maybe one or more of the following:

Cost?
Complexity?
Mean time between failures?

#6029 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Do you have a cunning plan for me?

cp1 (resized).jpgcp1 (resized).jpg

#6030 3 years ago
Quoted from fnosm:

I have no idea but maybe one or more of the following:
Cost?
Complexity?
Mean time between failures?

Cost is the only one I can buy, but even then it just takes an opto driver and JJPs already have a multi opto driver board, often with unused slots. B/W flipper button optos were not that common on route in my experience and they only failed usually if they got too much coil dust covering the opto, which was an easy fix. Seems like this would be low hanging fruit for JJP before the switch sensors they went to.

Maybe because it makes it harder to stage when you're trapping up since both flippers go at almost the same time on games with upper flippers? But even that's fixable with an adjustable secondary interrupter that you can move in or out to interrupt at the same time as the lower flipper or a little later, to your preference.

The only other thing I can think of is the button resistance feels different, but that's also fixable with some experimentation with various gauges of a spring steel reinforcement strip until you get the one that feels right.

#6031 3 years ago

I'd be happy with switches that have proper contact pads instead of 'crappy spot welds'.

#6032 3 years ago
Quoted from mrbillishere:

Bluetooth is indeed a tad out of sync. I hear that JJP is aware and plans to address it.

There is around 0.25s lag when using BT compared to realtime that will likely never be overcome. Keeping video sync'd when using bt loudspeakers we honestly haven't discussed yet. That would take some doing.

#6033 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

No list. It's too much to manage them with everything else I have going on. I'll put the JJP Tibetan Breeze kit in the store once I know the foam is shipped because it's 2-3 days out at that point. Then when it gets here, I'll have the orders ready and I can start shipping immediately. The brackets are the slowest part, but I've been printing them for a couple weeks to have a good stock headstart.

Will you be selling via Ministry of Pinball for these in Europe as well?

#6034 3 years ago
Quoted from pinball_keefer:

It IS an intensity adjustment, but it is conceivable that certain times the shaker motor is requested at more subtle levels wind up not being able to move the shaker motor much at all, resulting in what would seem like no shaker effects. Will have to look into it more.
And while I do hate their ubiquity, I'm not going to deny people that like them and paid for them their due. Besides, I am part of a team of people that implemented shaker during songs and other modes and I don't rule with an iron fist; everyone puts in what they think is appropriate.

Thanks Keefer! And thanks for clarifying, that is good to hear. For what itā€™s worth, the ā€˜you could be mineā€™ shaker effects are awesome.

#6035 3 years ago

Would love to see a high-score entry for "Largest Jackpot Lost" or something like that ... I bet we would see some giant scores left on the table after risking big!

#6036 3 years ago
Quoted from pinball_keefer:

There is around 0.25s lag when using BT compared to realtime that will likely never be overcome. Keeping video sync'd when using bt loudspeakers we honestly haven't discussed yet. That would take some doing.

Yea, I have a Bose sound bar on my TV and when itā€™s hooked up direct with a wire, itā€™s synced perfect. If you connect with BT, it has noticeable lag which is very annoying. This is a Bluetooth issue, not sure what JJP could do to rectify it.

#6037 3 years ago

Did Axl do his callouts over the phone? A handheld voice recorder from Radio Shack? All the other callouts sound great. I think I'd prefer they weren't there, they just don't sound right. The rest of the band has plenty.

#6038 3 years ago
Quoted from cybevenom:

Will you be selling via Ministry of Pinball for these in Europe as well?

Yes, but there will be a delay of likely a month or two getting them stocked with the JJP kit. It takes me a little while to satisfy the wave of initial direct orders before I can send out distributor orders.

#6039 3 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

I'd be happy with switches that have proper contact pads instead of 'crappy spot welds'.

https://www.pinballlife.com/williamsbally-flipper-leaf-switch-double-contact.html

https://www.pinballlife.com/williamsbally-flipper-leaf-switch-single-contact.html

These are for high power switches. So when you get them, the first time file them clean.

#6040 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Update: total user error on my end. I had my speaker wires pinched in the backbox, happened when I moved my game.

Thrilled that you located the source of the issue nicoy3k after our support emails yesterday. If the amplifier outputs (any channel, + or - wire) are in contact with a ground or each other, the amplifier will panic momentairly and that likely was the source of the popping sound.

#6041 3 years ago

Picture of my favourite new pinball machine.

afm1 (resized).jpgafm1 (resized).jpg

ReallyLikeGunnersTooPunkin

#6042 3 years ago

Thanks Lloyd, they look different, but they will fit?

Starting to think the button may have something to do with it too.

My hard slap playing style seems to affect it, when i go for a slap (so to speak for the aussies) it seems to make that one the half cocked or fail to flip one. single press works most all the time now, but didn't before.
Still enough to ruin the experience in multiball etc. I'll keep playing with it for the time being.

#6043 3 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Thanks Lloyd, they look different, but they will fit?

They should. Williams style basics.

#6044 3 years ago

Cheap sticker to fill in the bill acceptor plate area.

F5D8EBD5-8073-4087-888F-B0CC5206526F (resized).jpegF5D8EBD5-8073-4087-888F-B0CC5206526F (resized).jpeg
#6045 3 years ago

Who are you trying to convince, you or us?

Quoted from nicoy3k:

If you like fast flowy gameplay you made the right choice. I love shooting my SE, I wouldnā€™t trade it for an LE if it was offered for free (resale value aside)

#6046 3 years ago

My LE is very much the fastest of the 25 games i own. So much so that at the moment at least, it's too much pinball for a man of my low skill level. Struggling to get over 3m.

#6047 3 years ago

I have a couple GnR questions... Where to purchase mirror blades? And, Iā€™ve heard others talking about a Shooter rod spring? Why replace original? Thank You!

#6048 3 years ago

After putting in a solid dozen games on my GnR LE I fired up the old MBr and KILLED it. This game really makes me play better. I think partly because of the multi ball play but I also believe I am distracted from the flippers by the concert on screen as well as trying to make crucial shots on upper play field while maintaining 2-3 other targets. Woz is still kicking my ass tonight though so overall I suck

#6049 3 years ago
Quoted from bsobie:

I have a couple GnR questions... Where to purchase mirror blades? And, Iā€™ve heard others talking about a Shooter rod spring? Why replace original? Thank You!

I got mine from cointaker. Bally WMS remakes. The hinge holes seem to be off a bit but I did get them to work. Looks great!

The only reason you would get a shorter rod spring would be if you had the Lior skull mod installed to my knowledge. Thatā€™s what I did and it worked fine.

#6050 3 years ago

Can anyone help me find the connection for this?
Thanks!

E68C2C7F-B14F-4FE2-8F95-362661624B8E (resized).jpegE68C2C7F-B14F-4FE2-8F95-362661624B8E (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Tulsa, OK
$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

7,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Moreno Valley, CA
$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

12,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Long Beach, NY
$ 11,000.00
ā‚¬ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 210.00
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

There are 28,327 posts in this topic. You are on page 121 of 567.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/121?hl=pinball-nja and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.