Screenshot_20240314-145241 (resized).png
IMG_2284.gif
giphy.gif
Key-Visual-825x466 (resized).jpg
tom_segura (resized).jpg
PXL_20240313_221935371 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240313_222206086~2 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

78 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 27,994 posts in this topic. You are on page 118 of 560.
#5851 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Trading POTC LE for GNR LE? That's leaving around 10K on the table. I'd push to trade for a GNR CE.

And cash of course, I’m not giving it away. Not a fan of the CE art unfortunately. It’s a no go.

Or a LE and another pin I would consider.

#5852 3 years ago

He never said it was an even trade. In fact, I think it would be unreasonable to assume it is.

Quoted from thechakapakuni:

Sounds like POTC LEs are going for much more. I’m sure somebody will trade. Good luck

#5853 3 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

When did you get your machine .

I was luckily in the first batch so it arrived a week ago . Loving it !!!

#5854 3 years ago

Does anyone’s right spot light(when facing the machine) move up and down only? Mine has almost zero left or right movement. Thanks in advance.

#5855 3 years ago
Quoted from estrader:

Does anyone’s right spot light(when facing the machine) move up and down only? Mine has almost zero left or right movement. Thanks in advance.

Someone else had this issue...Sounds like you have a bad servo or wires may not have enough slack in them to allow free movement of spotlight?

#5856 3 years ago
Quoted from estrader:

I had this issue. Check back for one of my posts early in the thread (sorry; in transit...wanted to quickly reply).

My left spotlight had one of the wires physically disconnected from the servo. Had checked connectors, board wiring, etc. It was loose inside the spot; only when I went to remove it (JJP sent me a new assembly) did I find out the entire wire had been cut somehow and was just loosely sitting in the Servo connector).

Good luck!

#5857 3 years ago

What a great F ing pinball experience

#5858 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

It's the only game I've been playing since I got it. Over a week straight.

#5859 3 years ago

Looking forward to it in the next week or so. I've finally stopped full time tampering with my AFMrm since i got Fathom and Hankin Shark sitting next to it up the front. Playing the shit out of them.

We'll see what happens when gunners enters the front four. I expect it will get a flogging.

Looking forward to the next CGC remake, Stern is just not keeping up for me. I know a lot of people buy everything they pop out, but nothing lately has done it for me from them.

I'd buy an Elvira on reputation alone, but the fact that i can't find one tell's me i'm on the right track wanting one. Wasn't paying the $32k i was offered a CE for.

#5860 3 years ago
Quoted from cybevenom:

I think this one pulls the room together better with this machine. I ordered one for my LE.[quoted image]

Nice. Do you have a link?

#5861 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

It’s freaking awesome! This is Me, getting pumped and ready for a song mode.

10581109-1157-4F15-ADF8-3C98D451659E.gif10581109-1157-4F15-ADF8-3C98D451659E.gif
#5862 3 years ago

Just got a text, mine's being delivered tonight.

18908538.gif18908538.gif

#5863 3 years ago

troll1 (resized).jpgtroll1 (resized).jpg

#5864 3 years ago

Problem: Game is in attract mode with a "Finishing Update" progress bar that does not appear to move.

Solution: On starting the download for the wifi update, you need to be around when the download finishes. Then, start the update when prompted to do so. If the game goes back into attract mode (or is restarted without applying the update), you will see the issue above.

I believe that on restart, the computer detects the update file, assumes the update has already been applied, then attempts to finish the last bits showing the progress bar above (which breaks since the update has not actually been run)

In my case, I was starting the download, then leaving the room to go do something else, then having the issue above. After watching it like a hawk, and starting the update once the download was complete, everything worked fine.

Hope that helps!

#5865 3 years ago
Quoted from abendix:

I was luckily in the first batch so it arrived a week ago . Loving it !!!

Lucky you , just in time for Lockdown

#5866 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

It’s freaking awesome! This is Me, getting pumped and ready for a song mode.[quoted image]

And this is me when "This I Love" is the song.

tenor.giftenor.gif
#5867 3 years ago
Quoted from ScreaminSauce:

Problem: Game is in attract mode with a "Finishing Update" progress bar that does not appear to move.

Thanks for this report. We separately had a complaint about the update screen timing out (which our diag system does when the coin door is closed) which I just fixed today, but this other one had us mystified. We'll confirm tomorrow, and if so we've already fixed it.

#5868 3 years ago
Quoted from pinball_keefer:

Thanks for this report. We separately had a complaint about the update screen timing out (which our diag system does when the coin door is closed) which I just fixed today, but this other one had us mystified. We'll confirm tomorrow, and if so we've already fixed it.

Hardest working man in showbusiness!

#5869 3 years ago

Have you got your game yet punkin .
Edit - what am I thinking , you're busy playing shit out of it .

#5870 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Might be looking to trade my tastefully modded POTC LE for a GNR.

Why would you want to trade your pirates for an average game , not a great shooter , with a useless upper Playfield , just OK code and annoying sounds

IMG_20210213_200608 (resized).jpgIMG_20210213_200608 (resized).jpg
#5871 3 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Why would you want to trade your pirates for an average game , not a great shooter , with a useless upper Playfield , just OK code and annoying sounds
[quoted image]

Fucking gold. You can't get away with nothing on the interwebs.

Wish i could upvote X 1000

Quoted from screaminr:

Have you got your game yet punkin .
Edit - what am I thinking , you're busy playing shit out of it .

It's sitting in the shed here (11pm) after being dropped off by Bill a couple hours ago, I'm waiting for my mate Matt to come tomorrow afternoon. He put a deposit in same day as me (before me he reckons) and didn't get his game in this go, so I'd love to share the unboxing with him.

gnr1 (resized).jpggnr1 (resized).jpg

Sides' it's comp day tomorrow and practicing would be cheating.

edit; and no way am i reading the big red instructions. promise.

We'llDealWithItThenPunkin

#5872 3 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

[quoted image]

Saw this coming and deservedly so

#5873 3 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

[quoted image]

Because I’m willing to give it a try. Doesn’t mean I’ll keep it forever though.

Your right though, I may really f’ing regret doing it.

#5874 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Because I’m willing to give it a try. Doesn’t mean I’ll keep it forever though.
Your right though, I may really f’ing regret doing it.

I'm just teasing . After your comments , I was just surprised to see you wanted one .
I've had time on both and don't think you will regret it but hey everyone has their own opinion .
Shows you how good the game is , it can even convert the non-believers .

IMG_20210213_200822 (resized).jpgIMG_20210213_200822 (resized).jpg
#5875 3 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Fucking gold. You can't get away with nothing on the interwebs.
Wish i could upvote X 1000

It's sitting in the shed here (11pm) after being dropped off by Bill a couple hours ago, I'm waiting for my mate Matt to come tomorrow afternoon. He put a deposit in same day as me (before me he reckons) and didn't get his game in this go, so I'd love to share the unboxing with him.
[quoted image]
Sides' it's comp day tomorrow and practicing would be cheating.
edit; and no way am i reading the big red instructions. promise.
We'llDealWithItThenPunkin

Congrats .
It must be a nice feeling knowing it's sitting there .
Half the fun is unboxing and getting that new pinball smell .
I've got a long wait ahead of me but I'm loving living through everyone and watching them receiving their games .

#5876 3 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

I'm just teasing . After your comments , I was just surprised to see you wanted one .
I've had time on both and don't think you will regret it but hey everyone has their own opinion .
Shows you how good the game is , it can even convert the non-believers . [quoted image]

It’s all good, I’m not converted yet.

Just trying to shake things up a bit. POTC is by far the least played game in the house.

#5877 3 years ago
27CD8F64-09F2-4A21-8110-672235475C85.gif27CD8F64-09F2-4A21-8110-672235475C85.gif
#5878 3 years ago
Looks good

#5879 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

It’s all good, I’m not converted yet.
Just trying to shake things up a bit. POTC is by far the least played game in the house.

The POTC for sale ads have calmed down now. They are not moving like the first 3-4 sold. GNR is a better game in my opinion. Not a even trade for a POTCLE for a GNRCE. Just my thoughts. Hope you find one.

#5880 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

POTC is by far the least played game in the house.

I tried to sell my spot for pirates CE (at cost price) for months and only had one phone call .
It's only worth so much now because they are no longer making it .
GNR is a truly fun game and when that's no longer available the prices will do the same .
Grab the cash for pirates while its in demand .

#5881 3 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

I tried to sell my spot for pirates CE (at cost price) for months and only had one phone call .
It's only worth so much now because they are no longer making it .
GNR is a truly fun game and when that's no longer available the prices will do the same .
Grab the cash for pirates while its in demand .

That’s kind of the complication with POTC being a gem, don’t want to let it go just to let it go.

Would prefer a trade of some sort rather than a cash sale but hey I’m always willing to entertain so if anyone has interest hit me up.

You just never know!

#5882 3 years ago

I sold my first JJPOTC and regretted it. Was lucky enough to find another with only 87 games played lifetime and got it back in the collection. We love it. We also love GNR too.

A4A669CD-AE63-4031-A2A8-0A298DAFA1F3 (resized).jpegA4A669CD-AE63-4031-A2A8-0A298DAFA1F3 (resized).jpeg
#5883 3 years ago

Hahahahaha lol!

#5884 3 years ago

Having issues with the latest update just sitting on the red screen and not unloading the data (finishing update screen). How do you go about using the usb because I'm not sure where to plug it in because the instructions don't line up with what's in front of me. Do I unplug the USB thing from the cable and plug it in or do I plug it into this open USB slot? Not sure where to plug it, dont want to mess anything up.

20210213_001144 (resized).jpg20210213_001144 (resized).jpg20210213_104432 (resized).jpg20210213_104432 (resized).jpg20210213_104456 (resized).jpg20210213_104456 (resized).jpg
#5885 3 years ago
Quoted from Gambeno:

Having issues with the latest update just sitting on the red screen and not unloading the data (finishing update screen). How do you go about using the usb because I'm not sure where to plug it in because the instructions don't line up with what's in front of me. Do I unplug the USB thing from the cable and plug it in or do I plug it into this open USB slot? Not sure where to plug it, dont want to mess anything up.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Your hand is on it in the last picture. Remove that wifi adapter and plug in stick there. Follow instructions from JJP site for download on USB.

#5886 3 years ago
Quoted from Bmanpin:

Your hand is on it in the last picture. Remove that wifi adapter and plug in stick there. Follow instructions from JJP site for download on USB.

Thanks, that worked.
Also, it been bothering me for a while but how hard is it to move the main Monitor ? Mine came in slightly off.

#5887 3 years ago
Quoted from Gambeno:

Thanks, that worked.
Also, it been bothering me for a while but how hard is it to move the main Monitor ? Mine came in slightly off.

Easy it’s just held by magnets

#5888 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Yep what he said. I think you can also adjust X and Y positions in terms of horizontal and vertical positioning of picture if needed.

#5889 3 years ago
Quoted from Gambeno:

Thanks, that worked.

There are four nuts that hold it in place on the pivot arm mounting plate. Loosen them very slightly, put the monitor where you want it, and resnug them.

#5890 3 years ago
Quoted from Gambeno:

Until this is fixed in an upcoming version, to update online, either stay by your game or (more realistically) leave your coin door open. Open coin door will not time out.

This advice goes for everyone.

In case it wasn't obvious, this also means it will happen when you update to the fixed version. After you are RUNNING 1.15 (not yet released), then you'll be able to close your door during update. Sorry for this oversight.

#5891 3 years ago

Until this is fixed in an upcoming version, to update online, either stay by your game or (more realistically) leave your coin door open. Open coin door will not time out.
In case it wasn't obvious, this also means it will happen when you update to the fixed version. After you are RUNNING 1.15 (not yet released), then you'll be able to close your door during update. Sorry for this oversight.

Just to be crystal clear, if/when the download fails to complete then this error-state can't happen, can it?

Three nights ago, with coin door left open, my repeated attempts to download 1.13 were not finishing and at some point the system was reverting to 'check for update' which didn't adversely affect the state of the overall system, it just wasn't getting an update to either be applied, or (if the installation never began) to goof up the timing and cause the 'finishing update' stage to kick in at the wrong time.

w/r/t the actual download process... If there is a timeout coded in, how long is it and could you add anything that would indicate what had happened as opposed to just returning to the 'check for update' message?

#5892 3 years ago

So what you’re saying is...

0C69AF9D-FA7A-4693-9289-F39F838FC7C2.gif0C69AF9D-FA7A-4693-9289-F39F838FC7C2.gif
#5893 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Nice. Just wanted to be sure before I get in over my head.

#5894 3 years ago

Has anyone changed out the blue rubbers on the scoop? Mine broke off and needs to be replaced. There isn't much room to get a wrench in there. Anyone been successful??

20210213_141014 (resized).jpg20210213_141014 (resized).jpg
#5895 3 years ago
Quoted from paulbaptiste:

Has anyone changed out the blue rubbers on the scoop? Mine broke off and needs to be replaced. There isn't much room to get a wrench in there. Anyone been successful??
[quoted image]

Did it actually break? It looks like the top screw of the pad might of just backed out. If you look around the bottom of your cabinet you might be able to find it and screw it back in.

#5896 3 years ago

Looking for some tech help:

Magnet just stopped working. Anyone know where to start looking? I checked underneath and connections seem good. Maybe a fuse?

EDIT: doesn’t seem to be the fuse as that fuse is tied into the upper right flipper and ramp diverter, both of which are working.

#5897 3 years ago

I’d appreciate some suggestions around headphones. Wired preferred- thx!

#5898 3 years ago
Quoted from Wildbill327:

Did it actually break? It looks like the top screw of the pad might of just backed out. If you look around the bottom of your cabinet you might be able to find it and screw it back in.

It ripped and tore off.

I have alien tape around that side to provide cushion until its replaced. The picture might be deceiving.

#5899 3 years ago
Quoted from paulbaptiste:

[quoted image]

Those protectors on the side of the scoop look way high, should be flat surfaced with the PF.... that cant be good

#5900 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Looking for some tech help:
Magnet just stopped working. Anyone know where to start looking? I checked underneath and connections seem good. Maybe a fuse?
EDIT: doesn’t seem to be the fuse as that fuse is tied into the upper right flipper and ramp diverter, both of which are working.

Yes. There is a resistor taped (literally) to the magnet coil that fails. You can bypass it (remove the resistor from the coil) and/or contact JJP for a replacement.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball
Electronics
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
$ 100.00
Boards
Led Pinball
Boards
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Sound/Speakers
8,249 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Temple, TX
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Flipper Parts
FlipMods
Flipper parts
$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
€ 69.00
Pinball Machine
Multiball mods
Pinball Machine
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
Decorations
6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Easton, MA
Machine - For Sale
Staten Island, NY
$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place
Pinball Machine
$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 210.00
Flipper Parts
Pin Monk
Flipper parts
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.
Sound/Speakers
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball
Protection
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 649.95
Lighting - Interactive
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Interactive
There are 27,994 posts in this topic. You are on page 118 of 560.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/118 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.