IMG_20240413_155854 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240413_155858 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240413_155856 (resized).jpg
IMG_1426 (resized).jpeg (© Nutty 5.0)
IMG_2636.gif
IMG_2002 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2003 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

78 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 28,347 posts in this topic. You are on page 117 of 567.
#5801 3 years ago

So is desert demolition coded yet? Looks like there are some some new animations in this update or am I imagining things?

#5802 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

==============================================================================
== Version 01.13 February 10, 2021 ==
== ISO MD5 Checksum: 1b89e578009834c9304861ab4c712988 ==
==============================================================================
- note: this is a "full" install release
=== Game Code
+ improved scorbit integration. added QR Code popup that allows players
to scan from the Scorbit app and go directly to the current game session,
choosing player 1 if it's not already been claimed
+ added extra adjustments for adult content to allow that allows for seperate
control over the song, video, and callouts
* fixed bug in Don't Cry song mode that caused game to crash on SE games
* improved handling of launching balls while other balls are present in the
Skill Shot lane
+ added an adjustment for Ball Plunge Save Limit. the range is 1-9, unlimited,
and the default is 3. this is the number of times in-a-row the game will
save the ball (regardless of ballsaver state) when a ball is plunged
directly into the outhole
* fixed bug that caused game to crash if Coma qualifying was set higher than 5
* fixed bug in Power Chord that caused game to crash
* reduced the upper right flipper coil strength default and max
* fixed bug that caused Coma to not work properly after taking a song
jackpot with the ballsaver still active
* various other bug fixes and improvements
=== Core Code
* added ability to instantly recalculate replay value
* improved Bluetooth connection handling
* tweaked sensor test to not need the action button
* sped up sensor autocalibration a bit
+ added network name to WiFi connection-failed screen to aid in
troubleshooting
* various other bug fixes and improvements

My wife ordered a GNR T-shirt for me through our local disturber , now she gets code updates from jjp

#5803 3 years ago
Quoted from Rolls-Royce:

I have to try eventually a Limited Edition as well, the LE art is indeed insanely beautiful!.

I'm so happy I got in on the LE .
When I first saw the three models , I thought the LE was easily the best art package but the more I see of the CE the the better it looks .
After seeing yellow brick road at my distributor with the sparkle Playfield , I can just imagine how good the CE looks , also with the extra art on the Playfield and the mirrored rad cals , I'm sure it would be a sight to behold in real life .
Congrats on scoring one .

#5804 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Uses all the buttons, reverses flippers, puts the player in charge of manually activating the pop bumpers with the action button - crazy stuff.

[quoted image]

Quoted from allsportdvd:

At times the action button was your flipper button, then the flipper would switch, then the action button was left flipper only and others.

That was one of my favourite things about woz , weak flippers , no hold flippers , ect .
I wish they did stuff like that on more games .
Bring it on!

#5805 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I hope they sell through the entire run of 5000 LEs!

If they do that before europe opens up tax-wise, i sure hope they make a europe-special edition run.

#5806 3 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

I'm so happy I got in on the LE .
When I first saw the three models , I thought the LE was easily the best art package but the more I see of the CE the the better it looks .
After seeing yellow brick road at my distributor with the sparkle Playfield , I can just imagine how good the CE looks , also with the extra art on the Playfield and the mirrored rad cals , I'm sure it would be a sight to behold in real life .
Congrats on scoring one .

Thanks Scream, and actually I have mentioned this before, but when I saw the 1st pics I thought that the LE package was the Collectorā€™s until I finally saw the topper.... LEā€™s are honestly SIMPLY INSANE mate! The LE owners perfectly know that they own one of the most beautiful Pinball machines ever made, Iā€™m glad to know that youā€™re in for an LE Screaminr.

I agree with what you say about the Yellow Brick Road sparkle PF, I like that detail too, thatā€™s a nice touch by JJP rad cals are very cool too

Cheers Screaminr!

#5807 3 years ago

Going to have this made for my SE mini playfield to replace the 2D Slash. Going with 4 inches and will be custom painted. Will let you know how it turns out. Just have to figure out a good way to attach to the playfield.

slash (resized).jpgslash (resized).jpg
#5808 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

Going to have this made for my SE mini playfield to replace the 2D Slash. Going with 4 inches and will be custom painted. Will let you know how it turns out. Just have to figure out a good way to attach to the playfield. [quoted image]

Won't it look out of scale with the skeleton singer?

#5809 3 years ago
Quoted from Dr-pin:

If they do that before europe opens up tax-wise, i sure hope they make a europe-special edition run.

i have my LE arriving next week and am living in Europe. Just could not wait and took the hit. Do not think i will regret it. Feeling like a kid waiting for christmas.

#5810 3 years ago
slash-ce (resized).jpgslash-ce (resized).jpg
#5811 3 years ago

The plate says "GNR GAME TEAM EDITION" across the top (I believe), with "SLASH" directly below it.
Better Pic included.

slash-ce-full (resized).jpgslash-ce-full (resized).jpg
#5812 3 years ago

game team edition does not count as 1 of the CE models does it? lol

#5813 3 years ago
Quoted from PinFever:

game team edition does not count as 1 of the CE models does it? lol

No. The group got Special edition games.

#5814 3 years ago
Quoted from sevenrites:

The plate says "GNR GAME TEAM EDITION" across the top (I believe), with "SLASH" directly below it.
Better Pic included.
[quoted image]

"GNR FAN EDITION" confirmed. 500 more CE level trim machines incoming.

#5815 3 years ago

Gotta bring this up again, since it's not been mentioned in a while. As of 1.13 code, is start song still an "award" randomly from the scoop? If so, please JJP, get rid of it or allow the player to cancel it. Nothing pisses me off more than getting start song before I've built up my multipliers.

#5816 3 years ago
Quoted from cybevenom:

i have my LE arriving next week and am living in Europe. Just could not wait and took the hit. Do not think i will regret it. Feeling like a kid waiting for christmas.

Iā€™m jealous

#5817 3 years ago

LTG

I have downloaded the 1.13 update and prepared the USB stick to proceed with a local installation and not being dependent of the busy servers, but it's been 2 hours and the update is still progressing. (see attached photo).

I wonder if the game reboots automatically after the update and because the USB stick being plugged in, re-start over and over again with the update.

If this is the case, the auto-reboot MUST be disabled, I can't stay in front of the game during 1+ hour waiting for the update to complete t unplug the USB drive at the right time !!!

IMG_7505 (resized).JPGIMG_7505 (resized).JPG
#5818 3 years ago
Quoted from Leo13:

I wonder if the game reboots automatically after the update and because the USB stick being plugged in, re-start over and over again with the update.

No, when it's done the screen will say to remove the USB stick and reboot the game.

LTG : )

#5819 3 years ago

I started my update at noon. Its sitting on finishing update for the last 4.5 hours. Any ideas?

#5820 3 years ago
Quoted from SpinnerAddict:

I started my update at noon. Its sitting on finishing update for the last 4.5 hours. Any ideas?

WiFi update ? If so try again.

It is a full install and can take a long time.

#5821 3 years ago

It seems to hang on installing not downloading. Iā€™m going to try from usb. Anyone point me in the direction to plug it in? My wonka is up front but doesnt look like gnr has it there and i pulled the back glass and the only usb slots i see are taken.

#5822 3 years ago

Between last night and today I must have failed a dozen times to get the download to be successful over wifi. It kept seeming to time out and return itself to the 'check for update' stage. That caused me to question the quality of my wireless network, etc and leads to this question - on the Network Status screen (see pic below), sometimes it reports on the health of the wifi connection including security method (e.g. WPA2), signal strength and data rate. What I'm curious about is what the value for strength is reporting - is it on a scale of 0-100 or is it reporting the strength in terms of dBm? So for example on mine, just now, it was reporting 90. If that's strength on a scale of 0-100 then yaay me, 90th percentile. But if the value should be read as -90dBm, well, that's terrible. Hence the need to know.

BTW - unfortunately on 1.12 it only reported those wifi signal-related stats if you made an initial connection to your wifi network during the session. In other words, for a reconnect to an already established connection those values are blank. Tell it to forget the connection and re-establish and they come right back. So, if you are looking on your system and see these as unpopulated, now you know why.

Finally, for folks keeping score... on my LE and using a wired ethernet connection the download of 1.13 took ten minutes or less, and after the reboot, the stage that reads, 'Finishing Update' also took less than ten minutes to complete.

PXL_20210211_025750235 (resized).jpgPXL_20210211_025750235 (resized).jpg
#5823 3 years ago

I work for an ISP, and have 1gig download speed. Update took 20 minutes last night around 6PM CST. download was a minute tops. Maybe JJP was getting pummeled after that but I had no issues.

Updating sterns is a PITA. LOVE the wifi update process.

#5824 3 years ago

I found a nasty bug in 1.13 code:

During Mr Brownstone I had a nice big Applause jackpot that I hit and still had 3 other balls in play. I got the encore. But the game became locked in an ā€œEncoreā€ feedback loop. It showed the Encore animation on the screen, flippers went dead, all balls in the trough, the audio chanted ā€œEncore! Encore! Encore!ā€ endlessly. No balls hung up. Couldnā€™t even tilt out of it. The game just kept looping this Encore animation. Couldnā€™t even enter the service menu screen. Had to turn power off and on. Also sucks bc I had a HUGE game going.

#5825 3 years ago

Scorbit bug fix has been posted.

#5826 3 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Won't it look out of scale with the skeleton singer?

I don't think so, it will be a little taller given it is further back.

#5827 3 years ago
Quoted from BeeGee6533:

I found a nasty bug in 1.13 code:
During Mr Brownstone I had a nice big Applause jackpot that I hit and still had 3 other balls in play. I got the encore. But the game became locked in an ā€œEncoreā€ feedback loop. It showed the Encore animation on the screen, flippers went dead, all balls in the trough, the audio chanted ā€œEncore! Encore! Encore!ā€ endlessly. No balls hung up. Couldnā€™t even tilt out of it. The game just kept looping this Encore animation. Couldnā€™t even enter the service menu screen. Had to turn power off and on. Also sucks bc I had a HUGE game going.

According to Karl DeAngelo, another major bug is playing Patience can also wipe out all your album progress. Not quite as severe as your bug, but still a pretty big bug.

#5828 3 years ago

Not sure if this was posted previously, does this mean no more SEs will be made? From the JJP site.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#5829 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

According to Karl DeAngelo, another major bug is playing Patience can also wipe out all your album progress. Not quite as severe as your bug, but still a pretty big bug.

Yeah, I saw his stream yesterday and noticed him saying that too. Iā€™ve found a few other minor things as well that I canā€™t remember from yesterday. 1.13 has at least one or two treacherous bugs in it based on mine and what Karl found.

#5830 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

Not sure if this was posted previously, does this mean no more SEs will be made? From the JJP site.[quoted image]

Has been posted and noted for over a month. They are holding on future SE sales till they can catch up on overdue LE sales.

#5831 3 years ago
Quoted from SpinnerAddict:

Anyone point me in the direction to plug it in?

Left rear of cashbox. Unplug the blue tooth dongle from the cable. Plug it back in when you are done.

#5832 3 years ago
Quoted from jsa:

Scorbit bug fix has been posted.

Is this the bug I have noticed that when you end a game it doesnt register in the scorbit app?

#5833 3 years ago
Quoted from abendix:

Is this the bug I have noticed that when you end a game it doesnt register in the scorbit app?

Yes, that was just on v1.13 and has been fixed in v1.14.

Note that when you abort games, they shouldn't really count as games... but regardless, try it with 1.14.

#5834 3 years ago

Well even though the 1.13 bug crashed a huge game for me an hour ago, I managed to avoid playing Mr Brownstone and got my biggest GC yet on it just now.

B8AEFEFF-9A1D-4784-ACB4-A8354CBF63A5 (resized).jpegB8AEFEFF-9A1D-4784-ACB4-A8354CBF63A5 (resized).jpeg
#5835 3 years ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

Gotta bring this up again, since it's not been mentioned in a while. As of 1.13 code, is start song still an "award" randomly from the scoop? If so, please JJP, get rid of it or allow the player to cancel it. Nothing pisses me off more than getting start song before I've built up my multipliers.

I agree completely. Another "award" that's a penalty, like the album modes currently (and Slash solo). I feel like you should also be able to cancel playing a song even if you hit the scoop when it's lit as sometimes band members get spotted and you get a bounce into the scoop before boosting. Scoring needs quite a bit of balance in general. It also seems like song scoring isn't reset between songs or something. Games I play more than 2 or 3 songs, the later songs are worth crazy high points, when the first song or two, even with 6 balls locked and booster modes played, score next to nothing. Maybe this is by design, and if so, the single-ball modes are even more worthless because the only big points are in songs, after you've played a few of them.

#5836 3 years ago

Iā€™m downloading version 1.14...

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#5837 3 years ago
Quoted from DrJoe:

I agree completely. Another "award" that's a penalty, like the album modes currently (and Slash solo). I feel like you should also be able to cancel playing a song even if you hit the scoop when it's lit as sometimes band members get spotted and you get a bounce into the scoop before boosting. Scoring needs quite a bit of balance in general. It also seems like song scoring isn't reset between songs or something. Games I play more than 2 or 3 songs, the later songs are worth crazy high points, when the first song or two, even with 6 balls locked and booster modes played, score next to nothing. Maybe this is by design, and if so, the single-ball modes are even more worthless because the only big points are in songs, after you've played a few of them.

Preach it Dr.Joe!! As far as im concerned, this game is shaping up to be a masterpiece. Its one critical flaw right now is the scoring balance, and tied in with that is the ability to postpone start song. Even more so when it's given as an "award".

#5838 3 years ago

I had issues with the 1.13 install. it worked fine with the USB thumb drive. There is a USB cable right behind the coin box, no need to open the back box. 1.14 Wifi update worked perfectly and was very quick.

#5839 3 years ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

Preach it Dr.Joe!! As far as im concerned, this game is shaping up to be a masterpiece. Its one critical flaw right now is the scoring balance, and tied in with that is the ability to postpone start song. Even more so when it's given as an "award".

On the stream the other day, Karl said Keith (I think it was Keith?) asked him for his scoring data because he was going to balance the song scoring.

Somewhere in this stream he mentions it:
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/909339890

#5840 3 years ago
Quoted from jsa:

Yes, that was just on v1.13 and has been fixed in v1.14.
Note that when you abort games, they shouldn't really count as games... but regardless, try it with 1.14.

Thanks - all good now !!!

#5841 3 years ago
Quoted from abendix:

Thanks - all good now !!!

When did you get your machine .

#5842 3 years ago

Canā€™t believe I was playing this bad boy without a sub!!! Whole different experience, ties the room together...wait that might be the one next to it.

B4216237-FA81-41BC-A1DC-BF3F780FE042 (resized).jpegB4216237-FA81-41BC-A1DC-BF3F780FE042 (resized).jpeg
#5843 3 years ago
Quoted from Bmanpin:

Canā€™t believe I was playing this bad boy without a sub!!! Whole different experience, ties the room together...wait that might be the one next to it.
[quoted image]

I think this one pulls the room together better with this machine. I ordered one for my LE.

Screenshot_20210212-160927_Samsung Internet (resized).jpgScreenshot_20210212-160927_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
#5844 3 years ago
Quoted from Shredso:

My game has been stuck like this for about 15 minutes. Attract screen is working, but the bar hasn't moved in a long time. Should I restart?
[quoted image]

Same thing happened to me. Had to restart the download ( I didn't have to turn off game).

My code says 1.14....

#5845 3 years ago

Looks like Duff got his. Lookin nice next to the OG DE GNR

https://www.instagram.com/p/CLI94WzHecO/?igshid=1erzq8ifse2qu

3381F8E4-83A6-49C2-97E6-B758DA29D20D.png3381F8E4-83A6-49C2-97E6-B758DA29D20D.png
#5846 3 years ago

Might be looking to trade my tastefully modded POTC LE for a GNR. Probably the only way Iā€™ll let it go.

If anyone has interest shoot me a msg. No guarantees but it has all the desirable mods and none of the stick on BS.

#5847 3 years ago

Thereā€™s a couple selling/trading CEs on the marketplace. Sound like these 2 are going for the same amounts

#5848 3 years ago
Quoted from thechakapakuni:

Thereā€™s a couple selling/trading CEs on the marketplace. Sound like these 2 are going for the same amounts

Only looking for a Le, maybe a se.

#5849 3 years ago

Sounds like POTC LEs are going for much more. Iā€™m sure somebody will trade. Good luck

#5850 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Only looking for a Le, maybe a se.

Trading POTC LE for GNR LE? That's leaving around 10K on the table. I'd push to trade for a GNR CE.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

12,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Long Beach, NY
$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

8,249 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Temple, TX
$ 11,000.00
ā‚¬ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 210.00
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
St. Clair Shores, MI
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

There are 28,347 posts in this topic. You are on page 117 of 567.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/117?hl=sgsa and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.