IMG_2676.gif
IMG_0960 (resized).jpeg
image1 (resized).jpeg
image0 (resized).jpeg
GnRAllenWrenchMod (resized).jpg
200w.gif
IMG_2222 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

78 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 28,410 posts in this topic. You are on page 116 of 569.
#5751 3 years ago
Quoted from PinballGalore:

Mine is finally being picked up in the next day or two, then shipping over to Israel so it should be here just in time for my birthday end of March. Good chance Iā€™ll keep it wrapped for a couple days, til itā€™s birthday weekend time.
[quoted image]

Israel! Fuck yeah!!! Enjoy the pin!!

#5752 3 years ago
Quoted from PinballGalore:

then shipping over to Israel so it should be here just in time for my birthday end of March. Good chance Iā€™ll keep it wrapped for a couple days, til itā€™s birthday weekend time.

Have a great Birthday !

LTG : )

#5753 3 years ago

Just for you LE guys. My friend and I are still waiting for a call to pay in full for our CEs from a distributor and JJP. Based off times it takes for people that were requested their full payment it's looking like mid March for us. Which is fine with us considering hopefully all the kinks have been worked out

#5754 3 years ago
Quoted from Coolpinballdino:

This is the other chip I posted it a while ago. I showed it to someone at JJP a few months back.
[quoted image]

Are JJP doing anything for you?

#5755 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Are JJP doing anything for you?

Last I talked to the gentleman. He wanted pics of the bad area, which I sent. My distro wanted my serial number. Have not heard anything else since.

#5756 3 years ago

If you have a stereo in your game room and really want to get GnR crankin, check this out: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07XMRMK6F

I just got one and got it set up and it works great! Going to try it with my Heist as well since the P3 also does bluetooth audio.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#5757 3 years ago
Quoted from Slingshot:

how long typically, is a game out before IPDB adds it to their roster?

I'll add a new game as soon as I know that it has shipped, as that is the date we use for the new listing. (The production start dates are considered proprietary and are not shared by the "major" manufacturers.) In almost all instances, I have the listing all built out and prepped and ready to add, just waiting on the date as proof of shipment. Most often, it is the manufacturer who tells me what month/year that shipping began for each model. It rests on me to stay on top of asking them, as they do not notify me. In instances where that does not timely happen, usually a user will email us to ask why is the game not shown. By that time it usually means the game had shipped so I'll go looking for evidence that it has. Could be as easy as asking the manufacturer. If not, and if the person who contacts us is an owner of the new game, I'll typically ask as proof a picture showing the game set up in the residence (as opposed to an undated picture found anywhere online of a carton sitting on an unmarked dock). At least that way I can get the year as a date, and may later successfully determine the month that shipping began. (Useless hint: if you see games on the IPDB from, say, the last ten years that show only a year and no month, that likely happened because communication between me and the manufacturer for those games was not optimum. No judgement implied here.) In the last several years, the major manufacturers have been quite responsive in helping me build quality listings. It certainly helps that their own websites feature more information than they used to, years ago.

In the interests of fair disclosure, I will tell you that last month I finally added three games made in 2018 because the not-major manufacturer was not responsive to my repeated requests. And I finally forgot all about them, focused instead on productive work.

Hope this helps, if you return here to read it.

#5758 3 years ago
Quoted from KevInBuffalo:

If you have a stereo in your game room and really want to get GnR crankin, check this out: amazon.com link Ā»
I just got one and got it set up and it works great! Going to try it with my Heist as well since the P3 also does bluetooth audio.
[quoted image]

So basically it takes the audio from the GnR using its Bluetooth and it plays through your home stereo? Thanks.

#5759 3 years ago
Quoted from I_P_D_B:

I'll add a new game as soon as I know that it has shipped, as that is the date we use for the new listing. (The production start dates are considered proprietary and are not shared by the "major" manufacturers.) In almost all instances, I have the listing all built out and prepped and ready to add, just waiting on the date as proof of shipment. Most often, it is the manufacturer who tells me what month/year that shipping began for each model. It rests on me to stay on top of asking them, as they do not notify me. In instances where that does not timely happen, usually a user will email us to ask why is the game not shown. By that time it usually means the game had shipped so I'll go looking for evidence that it has. Could be as easy as asking the manufacturer. If not, and if the person who contacts us is an owner of the new game, I'll typically ask as proof a picture showing the game set up in the residence (as opposed to an undated picture found anywhere online of a carton sitting on an unmarked dock). At least that way I can get the year as a date, and may later successfully determine the month that shipping began. (Useless hint: if you see games on the IPDB from, say, the last ten years that show only a year and no month, that likely happened because communication between me and the manufacturer for those games was not optimum. No judgement implied here.) In the last several years, the major manufacturers have been quite responsive in helping me build quality listings. It certainly helps that their own websites feature more information than they used to, years ago.
In the interests of fair disclosure, I will tell you that last month I finally added three games made in 2018 because the not-major manufacturer was not responsive to my repeated requests. And I finally forgot all about them, focused instead on productive work.
Hope this helps, if you return here to read it.

Thanks for the background. Really interesting and you are building the best resource out there.

#5760 3 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

Nobody can tell you, not even your distributor.
Past that, donā€™t expect any LE deliveries until late March early April.

My LE is arriving february 19th. But it has been floating to europe since before the CE's went on the line.

#5761 3 years ago
Quoted from KevInBuffalo:

If you have a stereo in your game room and really want to get GnR crankin, check this out: amazon.com link Ā»
[quoted image]

Does it auto-reconnect to the pin when you power the game back up? I noted that in the features list but I am sorta thinking that the pin needs to support this as well. LMK.

#5762 3 years ago

V1.13 is available to download...

#5763 3 years ago
Quoted from Nemotheeskie:

V1.13 is available to download...

installing it now

#5764 3 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

installing it now

Me too.

#5765 3 years ago

Good to have updates and bug fixes, but still no Desert Demolition in this update

#5766 3 years ago

==============================================================================
== Version 01.13 February 10, 2021 ==
== ISO MD5 Checksum: 1b89e578009834c9304861ab4c712988 ==
==============================================================================

- note: this is a "full" install release

=== Game Code
+ improved scorbit integration. added QR Code popup that allows players
to scan from the Scorbit app and go directly to the current game session,
choosing player 1 if it's not already been claimed
+ added extra adjustments for adult content to allow that allows for seperate
control over the song, video, and callouts
* fixed bug in Don't Cry song mode that caused game to crash on SE games
* improved handling of launching balls while other balls are present in the
Skill Shot lane
+ added an adjustment for Ball Plunge Save Limit. the range is 1-9, unlimited,
and the default is 3. this is the number of times in-a-row the game will
save the ball (regardless of ballsaver state) when a ball is plunged
directly into the outhole
* fixed bug that caused game to crash if Coma qualifying was set higher than 5
* fixed bug in Power Chord that caused game to crash
* reduced the upper right flipper coil strength default and max
* fixed bug that caused Coma to not work properly after taking a song
jackpot with the ballsaver still active
* various other bug fixes and improvements

=== Core Code
* added ability to instantly recalculate replay value
* improved Bluetooth connection handling
* tweaked sensor test to not need the action button
* sped up sensor autocalibration a bit
+ added network name to WiFi connection-failed screen to aid in
troubleshooting
* various other bug fixes and improvements

#5767 3 years ago

My game has been stuck like this for about 15 minutes. Attract screen is working, but the bar hasn't moved in a long time. Should I restart?

2021-02-10 18.10.29 (resized).jpg2021-02-10 18.10.29 (resized).jpg
#5768 3 years ago

Would love it if future code incorporated the action button into gameplay some more. Looking up at the screen to hit pyro while trying to manage several balls is awesome! This game has SO much potential in an already incredible package.

#5769 3 years ago
Quoted from Shredso:

My game has been stuck like this for about 15 minutes. Attract screen is working, but the bar hasn't moved in a long time. Should I restart?

The 1.13 is a full install. I'd wait it out. It is grinding through some large files.

#5770 3 years ago
Quoted from Shredso:

[quoted image]

Same here. Pushing 20 minutes now.

C0C33494-81B1-420D-9EC2-E4903BA93DFF (resized).jpegC0C33494-81B1-420D-9EC2-E4903BA93DFF (resized).jpeg
#5771 3 years ago

Fellas I got the call this morning to pay in full for my Collectorā€™s (will arrive here in Canada next week ) so, I went to my distributor today at 2pm and they have over there a Guns Nā€™ Roses SE and a Led Zeppelin PRO... I know that many of you are going to buy the two games, but I have to be crystal with my POV....

1. The SE looks amazing in person, it is a badass game, I honestly liked a lot that psychedelic art, I was stuck with that game and played about 30 minutes, it is an a amazing machine, I have to try eventually a Limited Edition as well, the LE art is indeed insanely beautiful!.

2. .... for the Led Zeppelin owners, enjoy fellas, I just tried that one once, not my type of game. Love the band off course.

#5772 3 years ago

My 1.13 installed successfully and finally could try out Don't Cry and see it's lightshow, etc. Very cool.

Anyone ever used a Stern shaker in a JJP game like this? My other 2 JJPs already have shakers, so only need to add one to GNR, but nice to save $60-$70.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-much-cheaper-shaker-motor-option

#5773 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

The 1.13 is a full install. I'd wait it out. It is grinding through some large files.

Lloyd any idea on time frame? Mine has been loading for 45 minutes and the bar has not moved.

#5774 3 years ago
Quoted from Rolls-Royce:

Fellas I got the call this morning to pay in full for my Collectorā€™s (will arrive here in Canada next week ) so, I went to my distributor today at 2pm and they have over there a Guns Nā€™ Roses SE and a Led Zeppelin PRO... I know that many of you are going to buy the two games, but I have to be crystal with my POV....
1. The SE looks amazing in person, it is a badass game, I honestly liked a lot that psychedelic art, I was stuck with that game and played about 30 minutes, it is an a amazing machine, I have to try eventually a Limited Edition as well, the LE art is indeed insanely beautiful!.
2. .... for the Led Zeppelin owners, enjoy fellas, I just tried that one once, not my type of game. Love the band off course.

I have posted that I am looking to upgrade from an SE to a LE. Will pay the difference. My game is mint, has under 50 plays. Located in Aurora. PM me if interested once you get your game. Thanks.

#5775 3 years ago
Quoted from Shredso:

[quoted image]

It's should speed through and not stick. Power cycle and start over.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#5776 3 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Lloyd any idea on time frame? Mine has been loading for 45 minutes and the bar has not moved.

To get an idea of what your machine is dealing with go to JJPs website and try to download the update.
My guess is that so many of us are pinging that server that it is probably running into bandwidth issues.
Give it time or exit out and try again @ 3AM or give it a couple of days.

#5777 3 years ago
Quoted from fnosm:

To get an idea of what your machine is dealing with go to JJPs website and try to download the update.
My guess is that so many of us are pinging that server that it is probably running into bandwidth issues.
Give it time or exit out and try again @ 3AM or give it a couple of days.

If it's during the install, reboot. If it's during the download, check the Internet and reboot. Also if the kids are having a gamer LAN party.

#5778 3 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Mine stuck too.

Quoted from fnosm:

This ?

#5779 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Mine stuck too.

This ?

This isn't downloading, it's something else (if it says Finishing Update...) so personally I'd reboot.

#5780 3 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Mine took almost an hour to download and install. That was before the announcement from JJP that it was available.

#5781 3 years ago

Rebooting didn't help. I tried redownloading it. Still gets stuck. I'm going to try the USB stick.

#5782 3 years ago
Quoted from Nemotheeskie:

Mine took almost an hour to download and install.

It is a full install. 1.12 before was faster, a delta update.

#5783 3 years ago

Give it a day or 2, then download it when JJP servers aren't being swamped??

#5784 3 years ago

Edit

#5785 3 years ago

My code downloaded and installed fine. Itā€™s 6GB so if you have slow internet or a spotty WiFi connection it will take a while.

#5786 3 years ago

My install of 1.13 downloaded in about 10min, installed in about 15-20. It finished and is working great. Noticed some new callouts with a 17mil first game on the new code. This game absolutely rules! Btw, after playing my LE since early October I think 6.8 pitch is working great for me. Tried 7.0 and it just crushed me for 4-5 weeks. Went down to 6.8 and seems like the sweet spot for my skill level. I couldnā€™t break 17mil at the 7.0 pitch but have had games of 51mil, 28mil, 27mil, and multiple 16-17mil games since bringing it down 2 degrees.

#5787 3 years ago

FYI the download part took well over an hour for me. Maybe closer to two hours though I wasn't monitoring it.
The install part was quicker and did not hang.

The default upper right flipper power is now 12 which is a lot lower than it was previously if I'm not mistaken. If you like playing "in spec" you'll want to make sure you're still at default there.

Currently running my lower flippers at default+1.

#5788 3 years ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

Give it a day or 2, then download it when JJP servers aren't being swamped??

The problem is the game tryā€™s to update when I cut it on now. Itā€™s unplayable!

#5789 3 years ago

My game was bricked by the online update. I did the boring old USB stick update and it worked fine. It even saved my scores, I thought full updates on JJP wiped everything. Download was very quick on my computer. 1.13 is running fine now.

#5790 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

FYI the download part took well over an hour for me. Maybe closer to two hours though I wasn't monitoring it.
The install part was quicker and did not hang.
The default upper right flipper power is now 12 which is a lot lower than it was previously if I'm not mistaken. If you like playing "in spec" you'll want to make sure you're still at default there.
Currently running my lower flippers at default+1.

Upper right default used to be 18.
Upper Playfield was 10.

Karl's streaming jjGnR again right now with 1.13 and the temp gauges on screen for the coils. He's going for the wizard mode tonight.

EDIT: He made it to the wizard mode and has 5 balls left to do it again. Wizard mode is definitely in the game and quite different from other ones. Uses all the buttons, reverses flippers, puts the player in charge of manually activating the pop bumpers with the action button - crazy stuff.

You can see the video here, and the wizard mode starts at about 1:26:00:
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/909339890

2021_02_10_wizard_mode_karl (resized).jpg2021_02_10_wizard_mode_karl (resized).jpg

Almost 100 million jackpot tonight:
2021_02_10_837PM_applause_jackpot (resized).jpg2021_02_10_837PM_applause_jackpot (resized).jpg

#5791 3 years ago

Reached Desert Demolition twice since the update. The playfield monitor displayed a white screen with "Desert Demolition" in black text. Don't recall this before, but I think I've only reached that mode twice max.

#5792 3 years ago

Very interesting post on the POTC owners thread; states that JJP has 3000 GnRs back-ordered. This from Jack himself (supposedly). I had heard rumors that JJP sold around 3500 GnRs to date, and if there are 3000 in the queue, then 3500 in total sounds about right.

#5793 3 years ago

My download look about 10 minutes or so. I guess I was lucky.

#5794 3 years ago
Quoted from arzoo:

Very interesting post on the POTC owners thread; states that JJP has 3000 GnRs back-ordered. This from Jack himself (supposedly). I had heard rumors that JJP sold around 3500 GnRs to date, and if there are 3000 in the queue, then 3500 in total sounds about right.

Theyā€™ve made well over 500 games since release.

#5795 3 years ago
Quoted from arzoo:

I hope they sell through the entire run of 5000 LEs!

#5796 3 years ago

1.13 is not downloading. I have fast internet. Might be an issue on JJP side.

Todd

#5797 3 years ago

We've had some reports of some session bugs with Scorbit, know we're working on it and we'll have an update when we can.

#5798 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I hope they sell through the entire run of 5000 LEs!

I also hope the sell all 5000. By the way itā€™s going looks to be a 100%.

Salute to JJP on a solid grand slam

#5799 3 years ago
Quoted from Shredso:

I thought full updates on JJP wiped everything.

They should save them. Won't save an image if you have one in there.

#5800 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Upper right default used to be 18.
Upper Playfield was 10.
Karl's streaming jjGnR again right now with 1.13 and the temp gauges on screen for the coils. He's going for the wizard mode tonight.
https://www.twitch.tv/iepinball
EDIT: He made it to the wizard mode and has 5 balls left to do it again. Wizard mode is definitely in the game and quite different from other ones. Uses all the buttons.
[quoted image]
Almost 100 million jackpot tonight:
[quoted image]

For those that saw the Wizard mode, it was way too cool. At times the action button was your flipper button, then the flipper would switch, then the action button was left flipper only and others. I loved it though it doesn't look like it was high scoring. Karl did mention that he believed good album mode scoring would lead to a better scoring wizard. Not sure that is achieved when Desert Demolition doesn't do anything except 500k a shot I believe

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

Machine - For Sale
Purcellville, VA
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
The MOD Couple

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 210.00
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

ā‚¬ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

7,450 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Silverthorne, CO
$ 11,000.00
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 649.95
Lighting - Interactive
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

8,250 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Glendora, CA
$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

There are 28,410 posts in this topic. You are on page 116 of 569.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/116?hl=daveyvandy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.