IMG_2676.gif
IMG_0960 (resized).jpeg
image1 (resized).jpeg
image0 (resized).jpeg
GnRAllenWrenchMod (resized).jpg
200w.gif
IMG_2222 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

78 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 28,410 posts in this topic. You are on page 113 of 569.
#5601 3 years ago
Quoted from Audioenslaved:

The increase is hitting Australia. The Le was $15,500 is not $17k!!

Still says $15,490 on the Pinball Sales site unless I'm missing something. I also assume us who ordered in the first few days will get the original price in Australia

#5602 3 years ago
Quoted from BeeGee6533:Itā€™s well worth the increased cost. I really feel like these are essential if you play for a few hours at a time like I do on certain evenings. That flipper fade is a real buzz kill.

I like this kit for this game, also thinking about getting one for Elvira. I would love the flippers on that game to be full power for the entire game, so many backhand shots I depend on.

#5603 3 years ago

I only just realized that the POTC-style multiball stacking we love was brought forward into GNR during the pre-song stage.

POTC has the 5 colored banners that show totals when you lose the stack, then disappear.
Guns does the same with the 4 quadrants for lights, pyro, amp and crowd.

Now Iā€™m going to focus on getting ā€œsixesā€ (fours)!

#5604 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I only just realized that the POTC-style multiball stacking we love was brought forward into GNR during the pre-song stage.
POTC has the 5 colored banners that show totals when you lose the stack, then disappear.
Guns does the same with the 4 quadrants for lights, pyro, amp and crowd.
Now Iā€™m going to focus on getting ā€œsixesā€ (fours)!

This is great to hear! Love seeing the banners on JJPOTC as well on a stacked multiball!

#5605 3 years ago

For anyone that has installed mirror blades, are they the same size as the old Bally? Was wondering if I could swap out the mirror blades in my Dr Who. Thanks.

#5606 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Thanks for the support! I thought I'd post the jjGnR graph since it's an extreme example of temps and how much the fans can take off them. jjGnR was really tough to get the temps down on. I ended up stepping the fan CFM up twice and it will use a fan not widely available in the US in anything more than onesie-twosie qty, so I had to special order them from Taiwan. It has 50% more CFM than any of the other Tibetan Breeze kits for much better airflow, which in Karl's testing I found was pretty much mandatory to get the extreme temps down and keep them there. Unfortunately that means it will be a little more expensive, but the goal is to keep the cooled coils below the threshold of fade, so flipper performance stays crisp no matter how long you play. On jjGnR with the standard fan and even a +20% CFM fan it wasn't enough to guarantee it would stay below that threshold based on the tests, so the +50% CFM one became THE fan for all JJP games.
One interesting thing is the 3 flipper JJP kit leaves one power lead that can be used for a 4th bracket to cool the left diverter coil if people want. That diverter gets VERY hot, but I don't think the heat really affects performance in-game, just maybe smells like burning after a few hours. Initially in tests it hit temps of 219.9F after a few hours of play, but with the new software in Karl DeAngelo's latest test it never quite got above 200F, so...whatever JJP did made it somewhat better, but still not great. Cooling it will be an option for those that want to do it if they buy the 3 flipper kit because of that extra power lead.

How do I order?

#5607 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

How do I order?

Yes I want these as well. Link to site to purchase these please!!!

#5608 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Thanks for the support! I thought I'd post the jjGnR graph since it's an extreme example of temps and how much the fans can take off them. jjGnR was really tough to get the temps down on. I ended up stepping the fan CFM up twice and it will use a fan not widely available in the US in anything more than onesie-twosie qty, so I had to special order them from Taiwan. It has 50% more CFM than any of the other Tibetan Breeze kits for much better airflow, which in Karl's testing I found was pretty much mandatory to get the extreme temps down and keep them there. Unfortunately that means it will be a little more expensive, but the goal is to keep the cooled coils below the threshold of fade, so flipper performance stays crisp no matter how long you play. On jjGnR with the standard fan and even a +20% CFM fan it wasn't enough to guarantee it would stay below that threshold based on the tests, so the +50% CFM one became THE fan for all JJP games.
One interesting thing is the 3 flipper JJP kit leaves one power lead that can be used for a 4th bracket to cool the left diverter coil if people want. That diverter gets VERY hot, but I don't think the heat really affects performance in-game, just maybe smells like burning after a few hours. Initially in tests it hit temps of 219.9F after a few hours of play, but with the new software in Karl DeAngelo's latest test it never quite got above 200F, so...whatever JJP did made it somewhat better, but still not great. Cooling it will be an option for those that want to do it if they buy the 3 flipper kit because of that extra power lead.

Will these become available via Ministry of Pinball in the Netherlands? I am thinking this will be a musthave on my incoming GNR LE.

#5609 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

For anyone that has installed mirror blades, are they the same size as the old Bally? Was wondering if I could swap out the mirror blades in my Dr Who. Thanks.

https://www.pinballdecals.com/MirrorBladesPage.html

IMG_20210206_030043 (resized).jpgIMG_20210206_030043 (resized).jpg
#5610 3 years ago
Quoted from cybevenom:

Will these become available via Ministry of Pinball in the Netherlands? I am thinking this will be a musthave on my incoming GNR LE.

I have CE coming. Would love to purchase theses immediately

#5611 3 years ago

I hope someone can come up with a solution for the ubiquitously problematic ball hang-up on the lower right pop bumper. Seems like many have this issue where the ball just gets stuck on the right side of that pop between it and the post and rail. I had a song jackpot(where I was down to single ball play) worth 20mil and the ball gets stuck there. No tilt warnings left and no time for ball search to break it free since I was abut 10 seconds away from applause jackpot. Entire jackpot lost. Iā€™ve been accepting this hang-up for months but when that happened during a huge jackpot I was so bummed, lol! Someone suggested taking off the rubber ring on the post, which I did. Didnā€™t help unfortunately. I even tried to make that pop bumper more sensitive. Didnā€™t help. I think itā€™s just the layout of that area. Itā€™s a natural spot for the ball to rest. I need to do something to mitigate that. Maybe cut a small piece of foam and wrap a rubber band to it and the post? Open to ideas. Even better if JJP has a fix in mind.

#5612 3 years ago
Quoted from BeeGee6533:

I hope someone can come up with a solution for the ubiquitously problematic ball hang-up on the lower right pop bumper. Seems like many have this issue where the ball just gets stuck on the right side of that pop between it and the post and rail. I had a song jackpot(where I was down to single ball play) worth 20mil and the ball gets stuck there. No tilt warnings left and no time for ball search to break it free since I was abut 10 seconds away from applause jackpot. Entire jackpot lost. Iā€™ve been accepting this hang-up for months but when that happened during a huge jackpot I was so bummed, lol! Someone suggested taking off the rubber ring on the post, which I did. Didnā€™t help unfortunately. I even tried to make that pop bumper more sensitive. Didnā€™t help. I think itā€™s just the layout of that area. Itā€™s a natural spot for the ball to rest. I need to do something to mitigate that. Maybe cut a small piece of foam and wrap a rubber band to it and the post? Open to ideas. Even better if JJP has a fix in mind.

try removing the rubber ring from the post that is right there. you could also try adjusting the sensitivity of that pop bumper so it reacts quicker.

#5613 3 years ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

try removing the rubber ring from the post that is right there. you could also try adjusting the sensitivity of that pop bumper so it reacts quicker.

So try the two things he said he already tried?

#5614 3 years ago
Quoted from BeeGee6533:

I added a rubber to mine and it seems to have alleviated the problem.

#5615 3 years ago
Quoted from paulbaptiste:

I added a rubber to mine and it seems to have alleviated the problem.

Curious as to what kind of rubber and where did you put it? Any chance you have a picture? Thx!

#5616 3 years ago

Ok Iā€™m on a roll today, hereā€™s another easy high-impact DIY mod for your SE

I placed some clear domes over the bulbs on the stage and it really enhances the lighting and adds depth to a pretty flat area. I used some carefully applied double sided clear mounting tape and it looks awesome.
03E9CF54-83F2-4791-BE8B-48EFB59C8163 (resized).jpeg03E9CF54-83F2-4791-BE8B-48EFB59C8163 (resized).jpegE6352E41-A696-4B02-96F5-B8BE18469631 (resized).jpegE6352E41-A696-4B02-96F5-B8BE18469631 (resized).jpeg

B469705F-6D77-4D33-98B5-13695E5C9AAA (resized).jpegB469705F-6D77-4D33-98B5-13695E5C9AAA (resized).jpeg
#5617 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Ok Iā€™m on a roll today, hereā€™s another easy high-impact DIY mod for your SE
I placed some clear domes over the bulbs on the stage and it really enhances the lighting and adds depth to a pretty flat area. I used some carefully applied double sided clear mounting tape and it looks awesome.[quoted image][quoted image]

Sweeeeeet!!!!

#5618 3 years ago

CE arrived ... such an amazing game. But 8 games later, issue with the trough. Ball drains and the trough is not recognizing the drain. Can cycle through the ball trough test and every ball fires fine. Play 1 game, everything seems okay. 2nd game, same issue. No errors.

** Note, upon reboot Coma lock error is triggered. I would assume related?

#5619 3 years ago
Quoted from Dallas_Pin:

CE arrived ... such an amazing game. But 8 games later, issue with the trough. Ball drains and the trough is not recognizing the drain. Can cycle through the ball trough test and every ball fires fine. Play 1 game, everything seems okay. 2nd game, same issue. No errors.

Coma lock is likely a red herring, that fires if it doesn't see use in X games. I get it fairly frequently on my game despite Coma functioning perfectly.

#5620 3 years ago

Set up my CE yesterday

No idea wtf Iā€™m doing other than having a blast playing this ā€œexperienceā€

Wow factor x10

I like just flipping and rocking out while I figure it out

#5621 3 years ago
Quoted from Dallas_Pin:CE arrived ... such an amazing game. But 8 games later, issue with the trough. Ball drains and the trough is not recognizing the drain. Can cycle through the ball trough test and every ball fires fine. Play 1 game, everything seems okay. 2nd game, same issue. No errors.

Check your sensors by going into switch test and see if any are flashing. If the sensors are going nuts, game thinks there is a ball on the playfield. Either reboot or do a sensor recalibration. Itā€™s usuallly the shooter lane and guitar locks sensors to look for.

#5622 3 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

If the sensors are going nuts, game thinks there is a ball on the playfield

Sensors are good and they recalibrate upon reboot. Nothing crazy there (first place I actually went based on others in this thread).

#5623 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Coma lock is likely a red herring, that fires if it doesn't see use in X games.

Thanks ... I'll see if I can trigger it manually.

#5624 3 years ago
Quoted from Dallas_Pin:

Sensors are good and they recalibrate upon reboot. Nothing crazy there (first place I actually went based on others in this thread).

Does your switch matrix show anything active that maybe shouldnā€™t be?

#5625 3 years ago

Just bought someone else's spot for an LE and I'm super excited. Haven't played the game at all yet, just watched videos but it looks amazing. My first JJP ever!

Any must-have mods for this?

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#5626 3 years ago
Quoted from GeekedOnPinball:

Just bought someone else's spot for an LE and I'm super excited. Haven't played the game at all yet, just watched videos but it looks amazing. My first JJP ever!
Any must-have mods for this?

Videos donā€™t do it justice

Much better in person

I have Liorā€™s lock down bar mod or skull. Not sure which one for the LE. Accidentally bought it

I have the CE

#5627 3 years ago
Quoted from Dallas_Pin:

upon reboot Coma lock error is triggered. I would assume related?

I can confirm that this appears to be a false positive where the lock error is trigger if Coma is not triggered after x number of balls. I had the same error and each time it was cleared after I have a game where Coma is triggered. For those familiar, it is similar to the POTC ship switch error if you donā€™t fire the canon after a while.

#5628 3 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Does your switch matrix show anything active that maybe shouldnā€™t be?

Wheel CW 2?

EE0F753D-440E-4040-AEA6-3E87E59AD3A3 (resized).jpegEE0F753D-440E-4040-AEA6-3E87E59AD3A3 (resized).jpeg
#5629 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

If it starts again. Please go into Tests - Switches - Matrixed and bang on playfield. See whet switch registers on the screen, it's touching or too sensitive.
LTG : )

This started again after about 50 games. Did some testing and it appears to be the wheel. Every time I hit the flipper button the wheel moves a very small amount and registers points.

#5630 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Set up my CE yesterday
No idea wtf Iā€™m doing other than having a blast playing this ā€œexperienceā€
Wow factor x10
I like just flipping and rocking out while I figure it out

Itā€™s fun as hell. Hit me up and I can tell you what I know as far as how to play. So many different ways to play this wonderful pin.

#5631 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

If it starts again. Please go into Tests - Switches - Matrixed and bang on playfield.

This and wiggling the hell out of the harnesses let me find my issue. A wire harness to the ball trough was not 100% tight. To the eye, it was fine. Wiggle them, it was triggering the trough optos. Cinched it tight and back to 100%!

Live and Let Die is f$ckong amazing!!!

#5632 3 years ago

Friday night pinball!!

077BFBDD-8A13-4E9A-B4BB-1E015229F60B (resized).jpeg077BFBDD-8A13-4E9A-B4BB-1E015229F60B (resized).jpeg2135164F-1161-42A6-B10E-6F277B727F71 (resized).jpeg2135164F-1161-42A6-B10E-6F277B727F71 (resized).jpeg2A87ABAB-9426-49FF-86A3-37435C157049 (resized).jpeg2A87ABAB-9426-49FF-86A3-37435C157049 (resized).jpeg87A9FE5D-2343-4E51-8E0E-82D483AF2611 (resized).jpeg87A9FE5D-2343-4E51-8E0E-82D483AF2611 (resized).jpegE60D7195-39A5-4240-B328-8B2A47F9575E (resized).jpegE60D7195-39A5-4240-B328-8B2A47F9575E (resized).jpeg
#5633 3 years ago
Quoted from BeeGee6533:

Strategically placed piece of drop dead ball foam on the pop skirt fixed the issue 100% for me. Iā€™ll probably look for something more permanent if the foam ever comes off, but Iā€™ve been running with it for about a month.

BAF28BA9-CB09-4F4E-924A-7B1912073EEA (resized).jpegBAF28BA9-CB09-4F4E-924A-7B1912073EEA (resized).jpeg
#5634 3 years ago

Iā€™ve noticed the not in this lifetime insert not lit. I checked in the settings and still doesnā€™t light. Any thoughts?

4E9F3D68-52C7-47BB-AE64-F7A088B12DF5 (resized).jpeg4E9F3D68-52C7-47BB-AE64-F7A088B12DF5 (resized).jpeg
#5635 3 years ago
Quoted from fastchef:

Iā€™ve noticed the not in this lifetime insert not lit. I checked in the settings and still doesnā€™t light. Any thoughts?
[quoted image]

Mine lights up - I'd hit up support, might need a new board. Happens now and then.

#5636 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Strategically placed piece of drop dead ball foam on the pop skirt fixed the issue 100% for me. Iā€™ll probably look for something more permanent if the foam ever comes off, but Iā€™ve been running with it for about a month. [quoted image]

Man I struggled with this one as well... increase the pop bumper strength a couple of ticks and I havenā€™t had a hangup since

#5637 3 years ago
Quoted from fastchef:

[quoted image]

Hate to say I think I know what this might be. Mine had the same issue on the same insert. Easy to do but pull the LED board and make sure the surface mount RGB is there and wasnā€™t missed or fell off. Mine was missing and they had to send me a new board. Stuff happens but my guess is that is it.

#5638 3 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Friday night pinball!!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Beautiful place man! Amazing environment, excellent games, cozy room, and I must say that I love those posters... ALL OF THEM! but especially the ā€œSuper Friends" and "The Muppet Show" ... I remembered my childhood in my grandmotherā€™s home huh! Thanks for posting the pics!

#5639 3 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Friday night pinball!!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Poor Revenge From Mars on its own in the corner

Great looking lineup

#5640 3 years ago
Quoted from Rolls-Royce:

especially the ā€œSuper Friends" and "The Muppet Show" ... I remembered my childhood in my grandmotherā€™s home huh! Thanks for posting the pics!

I used to love watching Super Friends on the Saturday morning cartoons and The Muppets on a Sunday evening .
Ah the good old days .

#5641 3 years ago

Are there official art blades for this game?

#5642 3 years ago

Part of the club now!

20210203_233733 (resized).jpg20210203_233733 (resized).jpg
#5643 3 years ago

I try to be grateful for what I have but seeing these Iā€™ve joined the club is making me jealous!

#5644 3 years ago
Quoted from Dallas_Pin:

This and wiggling the hell out of the harnesses let me find my issue. A wire harness to the ball trough was not 100% tight. To the eye, it was fine. Wiggle them, it was triggering the trough optos. Cinched it tight and back to 100%!
Live and Let Die is f$ckong amazing!!!

Awesome....let's roll.

#5645 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

I try to be grateful for what I have but seeing these Iā€™ve joined the club is making me jealous!

Did you end up putting in an order and if you did did you get in before the price rise .

#5646 3 years ago

Anyone have issues with the game restarting after you choose a song? I have updated to the latest code and it is SE model. It seemed to happen when I choose a new song, and specifically with 'Don't Cry". I tried it a couple times and kept restarting with 'Don't Cry'. Tried 'Civil War' and no issues. Haven't tried all of the other songs yet to see if only 'Don't Cry' is causing it. Thanks for the help.

#5647 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

Anyone have issues with the game restarting after you choose a song? I have updated to the latest code and it is SE model. It seemed to happen when I choose a new song, and specifically with 'Don't Cry". I tried it a couple times and kept restarting with 'Don't Cry'. Tried 'Civil War' and no issues. Haven't tried all of the other songs yet to see if only 'Don't Cry' is causing it. Thanks for the help.

Don't cry reset bug has been confirmed on the SE and a fix is in the works for the next software update.

#5648 3 years ago

The left ramp diverter has a little play and now hitting the ramp. Before I start taking anything apart I wanted to check pinside to see if there is an easy fix. Thank you.

20210206_112420 (resized).jpg20210206_112420 (resized).jpg
#5649 3 years ago

We just identified a new ScorbitVision bug where you can't create certain types of leaderboards. This probably was introduced very recently, we're working on correcting it now.

#5650 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinballomatic:

Don't cry reset bug has been confirmed on the SE and a fix is in the works for the next software update.

Thanks for confirming. I'm glad it is a bug and not an issue with the game. Are the known bugs listed anywhere?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
The MOD Couple

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 210.00
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

ā‚¬ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

8,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mohawk, NY
$ 11,000.00
Machine - For Sale
Cedar Rapids, IA
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 649.95
Lighting - Interactive
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

8,250 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Glendora, CA
$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

There are 28,410 posts in this topic. You are on page 113 of 569.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/113?hl=antron77 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.