IMG_4223 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2435.gif
IMG_0331.gif
IMG_2432.gif
IMG_2249 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5614 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5615 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

78 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 28,087 posts in this topic. You are on page 112 of 562.
#5551 3 years ago
Quoted from thechakapakuni:

Really? Damn. I was about to build some new decks. Might need to wait and play GNR now instead

Decks... pressure treated lumber? Lol that’s like gold up here in Canada. Impossible to find and prices have actually doubled. It’s getting better but it really was impossible at one point. Lockdown has home improvements sky rocketing.

#5552 3 years ago

Yikes!

#5553 3 years ago

I don't understand. The price is the price.

Don't want it, don't buy it.

But don't whinge about it.

#5554 3 years ago

The sad thing is that the industry should be going towards lower prices (relative) not higher. Jacking up the prices for GNR is an admission that JJP doesn’t have a long term growth plan and that they see the current increase in pinball popularity as fleeting.

My prediction: they will terribly over estimate the demand for toy story and price it outrageously high, it won’t sell and they will be back to where they started.

#5555 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

The sad thing is that the industry should be going towards lower prices (relative) not higher. Jacking up the prices for GNR is an admission that JJP doesn’t have a long term growth plan and that they see the current increase in pinball popularity as fleeting.
My prediction: they will terribly over estimate the demand for toy story and price it outrageously high, it won’t sell and they will be back to where they started.

Business consultant much?

Putting up the price probably reflects the difference in cost between the cost of production when they announced the machine to the cost of this hateful covid world.

Do you really think their business model is to screw their customers?

Tell you what, link me to your business and i'l link you to mine.

#5556 3 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Putting up the price probably reflects the difference in cost between the cost of production when they announced the machine to the cost of this hateful covid world.

I think they have no idea what they are doing and or don’t care about their customers at all... As evidenced by the total lack of communication in the past regarding issues like boning customers who had CE deposits that weren’t honored or playfield issues or taking deposits on games without even acknowledging a time frame to deliver the product.

#5557 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

I think they have no idea what they are doing and or don’t care about their customers at all... As evidenced by the total lack of communication in the past regarding issues like boning customers who had CE deposits that weren’t honored or playfield issues or taking deposits on games without even acknowledging a time frame to deliver the product.

Seem to have a bit of an idea. Ran a cracker of a business through the bit of a hiccup. I sent em some funds.

Once again, post your business credentials.

TrollTrollTrollPunkin

#5558 3 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Seem to have a bit of an idea. Ran a cracker of a business through the bit of a hiccup. I sent em some funds.
Once again, post your business credentials.
TrollTrollTrollPunkin

Fanboy

#5559 3 years ago

Funny. Have a look at my collection.

I'm a Williams/Bally fanboi.

#5560 3 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Funny. Have a look at my collection.
I'm a Williams/Bally fanboi.

It’s a nice collection

#5561 3 years ago

I think there is a little of both going on with JJP. First off, JJP is out to make a better pin. GNR is proof hands down. 1 for the customer. The original pricing was on point. CCE blew out in hours. I agree with Nic on comms tho. JJP could have done better. They know what they are doing, but they made and have been delivering a masterpiece of a pin. I also think they are drifting into uncharted territory with the demand of this pin, and they might be feeling the pain of high demand delivery way over their expectations. Not a bad problem to have for them, but the customers are getting the pinch. Some better comms might be better but if they start making promises and don’t deliver on the date promised, this place will melt down into a puddle of wax. If they can deliver a “serving CCEs 250-320” this week, that might help. But maybe then people would be discouraged from buying if we actually see the real deliver less times, which I estimate 4-6 months minimum, and they don’t want us to know that. So that’s the issues and as a customer. Better comms would be nice. But I do also get a remote idea what they are dealing with. Either way, it pays to be patient in this case if you want this pin. Otherwise, buy something else new or used. There’s options. Can’t be sour about that

#5562 3 years ago

No way Toy Story is as big of a hit as GNR. And if the prices stay up JJP may lose sales to Godzilla. Unless of course Stern raises prices as well in which case we are all going to feel it. The price will not come down EVER and you are going to see all things get more expensive.

#5563 3 years ago
Quoted from Dashmonster:

No way Toy Story is as big of a hit as GNR. And if the prices stay up JJP may lose sales to Godzilla. Unless of course Stern raises prices as well in which case we are all going to feel it. The price will not come down EVER and you are going to see all things get more expensive.

Or maybe JJP raised the price on GNR to slow down orders. Either way, demand will always drive price. If demand for TS is low, then price will dictate this. If it’s better than GNR, we’ll get ready for CE to be $15k+

Look at GNR CEs in the market place. That the reality

#5564 3 years ago
Quoted from Dashmonster:

They did come down for GnR SE. it was a step in the right direction and something Eric said he was proud of in the promo video, all for nought

#5565 3 years ago

If I had to guess , I would say that they have sold more pins than they thought they were ever going to make , so why not put a extra thousand bucks on them , it's all gravy from here .
It sucks if you wanted one and haven't got around to putting in your order .
I've heard they have already sold over 3,500 games . GNR will sell out .
After running at a loss for so long , it's time to cash in .

#5566 3 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

My business gets price increase alerts months in advance. Not saying costs shouldn't go up, but announcing "hey prices are up tomorrow" is just dishonest, or someone really is doing a poor job at communicating.

To your own point if GnR wasnt selling well, do prices jump 1000? Some folks have unlimited disposable income, which is great, but moves like this hurt guys like myself, because costs typically dont come back down.

Love this game, and I apologize if I am contributing to the derailment of this thread, but I just see it as a dirty move based on success. I love the fact pinball has blown up in the past few years, but really fear stuff like this could eventually push many folks back out.

#5567 3 years ago

maybe its to lock in the pre-sold buyers. it's less likely that someone who has to wait months to get a game will bail out and buy a stern if they know it will cost them an extra grand to re-order the game. a 10% price increase is pretty hefty.

#5568 3 years ago

Was this announced by jjp at all or did Someone just see the magic numbers update themselves all over the web? Was there any communication to the public or just to the distros?

#5569 3 years ago

At first I was like what everyone else was and hurt that the price has gone up 10% and then I had a quick think about it. Alone in my industry electrical wholesale I’ve seen price increases of 5% on cable every month for the past 3 months. On conduit I’ve also seen a 7% in December and another 8% increase last month. I don’t know what prices might’ve done to wood but I’d assume something similar.

JJP can’t absorb that hence the price increase. Do I like it no. Do I understand it yes. Do I like their lack of acceptable time frame in getting games out? HELL NO! JJP has been a manufacturerfor over 8 years now it’s time to stop making excuses and out games out!

#5570 3 years ago

You think $10,500 is crazy? Just wait 1-2 years until the inflation from all the Covid money printing catches up. If you've got cash on hand, you'd better start buying shit you want now. Prices are going to get nuts in the next couple years.

#5571 3 years ago
Quoted from PinballGalore:

Was this announced by jjp at all or did Someone just see the magic numbers update themselves all over the web? Was there any communication to the public or just to the distros?

I don't think there was any announcement. It would have helped. If they said due to increased manufacturing cost (or something) there wouldn't have been such an uproar here. Do like Tesla and warn folks its coming by a certain date so they can get orders in.....

#5572 3 years ago

Doesn’t really see an uproar. Before launch I was expecting $7,500 and $10,500, and that is almost correct with the SE now $7,750. I’d argue that both games are still a good value for the money compared to other new offerings out there from Stern.

#5573 3 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

If I had to guess , I would say that they have sold more pins than they thought they were ever going to make , so why not put a extra thousand bucks on them , it's all gravy from here .
It sucks if you wanted one and haven't got around to putting in your order .
I've heard they have already sold over 3,500 games . GNR will sell out .
After running at a loss for so long , it's time to cash in .

3500!!! When I saw their Limited number was 5000, I thought they'd NEVER hit that, and it was an open ended number, but a number to call it a Limited. If that's the case, no wonder they have raised the price - and hopefully they will develop a fund for customers with play field issues. I have to admit, this will be my first JJP purchase after owning Stern and CGC. Ive been interested in JJP for some time and tried to buy Dial In, Hobbit and POTC on the used market. They have either been unavailable or WAY too expensive, POTC in mind. So, when I put my deposit down in December it was after I saw that Meunier was behind it and thought, just get it, since it too will be difficult/impossible to find in the used market. I guess we will see.

#5574 3 years ago

If you’re fast enough some are still offering for the old price...

0EDBBBC0-884F-4883-A069-1C7018A320E2 (resized).jpeg0EDBBBC0-884F-4883-A069-1C7018A320E2 (resized).jpeg
#5575 3 years ago

Ok can’t believe I didn’t think of this sooner but here is a must have mod for any SE owner to completely eliminate the left ramp rattle/wiggle

Simply place a 3/8 inch rubber on the post under the ramp nearest to flippers. It’s fits nice and tightly so I don’t see it ever popping off.

Rattle gone!!! Takes two seconds
30BB0157-6729-48F9-AD3F-5B3478E6C016 (resized).jpeg30BB0157-6729-48F9-AD3F-5B3478E6C016 (resized).jpeg804FC356-CFF0-48E3-9D77-2F2A38378AD4 (resized).jpeg804FC356-CFF0-48E3-9D77-2F2A38378AD4 (resized).jpeg

#5576 3 years ago
Quoted from thechakapakuni:

When did the $10,500 LE price take effect?

I wish it was 10500 Euro for me here in Europe. my 10.000 Euro got a 2800 Euro price increase due to 25% tariff. Never thought i would be glad that i swallowed that hit and kept my order going. It cost me almost 13.000 Euro now for the LE. Do not want to know what the price will be with an additional 1000 dollar increase that gets the same tariff treatment. Either way mine is arriving in 2 weeks so i will be happy during the spring this year.

#5577 3 years ago
Quoted from cybevenom:

I wish it was 10500 Euro for me here in Europe. my 10.000 Euro got a 2800 Euro price increase due to 25% tariff. Never thought i would be glad that i swallowed that hit and kept my order going. It cost me almost 13.000 Euro now for the LE. Do not want to know what the price will be with an additional 1000 dollar increase that gets the same tariff treatment. Either way mine is arriving in 2 weeks so i will be happy during the spring this year.

I would hate to see the increases hitting the EU market as well... These tariffs are too much. I hope they keep pricing the same as they were previously outside of the US.

#5578 3 years ago
Quoted from BeeGee6533:

I totally love this game. It’s incredible. But am I alone in thinking that this game is a drain monster and insanely hard to keep the ball in play? Like a lot more than most games? I’m at 7 degrees pitch. Maybe that’s the issue, maybe I just suck. But this thing crushes me daily. If I was pumping dollar bills into it I would be totally pissed and avoid this thing like the plague on location, lol. Constant drains SDTM as well as slingshots firing the ball to outlanes, etc. It’s so good when you have a good game, but wow, I feel like I have 10 crap games for every decent one...play better, I know.

If the drains tend to be SDTM the 7 degrees is too much hence SDTM a steeper table means less side-to-side ball movement, try 6.5 degrees.

#5579 3 years ago

Anyone have advice on SDTM from the left guitar neck release?

#5580 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I carefully bent(using a cloth on the metal and pliers) the left portion of the metal “platform” under the wood guitar headstock upward. I did this 6 weeks ago and have not had one SDTM from that left lock since. It feeds to the left flipper every time now. Others change the coil strength of that left lock release with varying degrees of success.

#5581 3 years ago
Quoted from BeeGee6533:

I carefully bent(using a cloth on the metal and pliers) the left portion of the metal “platform” under the wood guitar headstock upward. I did this 6 weeks ago and have not had one SDTM from that left lock since. It feeds to the left flipper every time now. Others change the coil strength of that left lock release with varying degrees of success.

Ah. I got a suggestion to bend the left edge inward, which didn't do anything. I will try bending it a bit upward instead.

#5582 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Ah. I got a suggestion to bend the left edge inward, which didn't do anything. I will try bending it a bit upward instead.

I suppose I did bend it upward and sort of inward(towards the center). In order to make that left most edge bend upwards it naturally moves inward towards the center as well. I’m referring to placing the cloth on the bottom(floor) of the metal piece and bending it up and towards the center with the pliers attached sort of on the left edge of that bottom metal piece “platform”. That seemed to definitively guide the ball to bounce to the flipper after releasing and falling on to that platform first at the new angle. Good Luck!

#5583 3 years ago
Quoted from BeeGee6533:

I suppose I did bend it upward and sort of inward(towards the center). In order to make that left most edge bend upwards it naturally moves inward towards the center as well. I’m referring to placing the cloth on the bottom(floor) of the metal piece and bending it up and towards the center with the pliers attached sort of on the left edge of that bottom metal piece “platform”. That seemed to definitively guide the ball to bounce to the flipper after releasing and falling on to that platform first at the new angle. Good Luck!

It is counterintuitive that bending inward doesn't make it more_ SDTM-centric!

#5584 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I know, right? But it did the trick for me. It’s working perfectly now. Maybe it’s a matter of experimentation with slight bends up or down I guess. I think I also set the coil strength to 4 on the left lock release, just FYI.

#5585 3 years ago
Quoted from insight75:

I would hate to see the increases hitting the EU market as well... These tariffs are too much. I hope they keep pricing the same as they were previously outside of the US.

The increase is hitting Australia. The Le was $15,500 is not $17k!!

#5586 3 years ago

Gota luv them politician's' I mean hey they work for us????

#5587 3 years ago
Quoted from Audioenslaved:

The increase is hitting Australia. The Le was $15,500 is not $17k!!

For new orders or people who had a deposit in already?

#5588 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I played with the coil release speed in settings. Believe I brought that one down a notch whereas my right one I think I increased it a notch.

#5589 3 years ago
Quoted from Kiwipinhead:

Should be for new orders only.

From what I’ve heard, they sold enough games to keep the line busy to the end of summer / beginning of fall. Price bump makes sense to keep supply/demand in check. Now If they pulled a stern and said, too bad so sad - price bumps for everyone whether you’re order is in or not; that would be a complete different story IMO. But that is not the case here.

#5590 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

The ball is deflecting off the wireform ("catwalk") when it exits the left guitar lock. Bending the guide on the guitar lock itself won't help. A piece of foam adhered to the wireform helped mine go SDTM a lot less.

#5591 3 years ago

Here's a graph comparing the uncooled/stock right flipper coil of jjGnR with the cooled version Karl tested on his stream last night. This right flipper is the original larger/hotter 11629 JJP seems to have done away with in favor of the somewhat cooler 15411, but it illustrates what a huge difference the cooling kits make - 100F less at peak temps here. The 15411 JJP has changed to is about 50F less at peak temps.

The jjGnR testing for the Tibetan Breeze kit is done now and tomorrow or Monday I'll be sending out kits to the beta testers with the other JJP titles to test the fit of the kit and temps on them. Once I have those results, I can release it. If all goes well with that (and I expect it to) we're on track for a release of the JJP Tibetan Breeze kit for the third week of Feb.

right-flipper-temp-compare (resized).jpgright-flipper-temp-compare (resized).jpg
#5592 3 years ago

Almost doubled my big GC from a week ago! I’m starting to have some success in upping my high scores. All about getting deep in songs, not cashing out, building booster MBs. Feels really good to have a big game after many crap ones, lol. Had a 33mil Sweet Child ‘O Mine. Apologies for continuing to post my scores here. Couldn’t help it with this one.

3CA773E4-C4DD-4728-A7E2-44676CA8CF8B (resized).jpeg3CA773E4-C4DD-4728-A7E2-44676CA8CF8B (resized).jpeg
#5593 3 years ago
Quoted from Kiwipinhead:

Just confirmed with my distro that my order is still the original price, for what it's worth.

#5594 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Here's a graph comparing the uncooled/stock right flipper coil of jjGnR with the cooled version Karl tested on his stream last night. This right flipper is the original larger/hotter 11629 JJP seems to have done away with in favor of the somewhat cooler 15411, but it illustrates what a huge difference the cooling kits make - 100F less at peak temps here. The 15411 JJP has changed to is about 50F less at peak temps.
The jjGnR testing for the Tibetan Breeze kit is done now and tomorrow or Monday I'll be sending out kits to the beta testers with the other JJP titles to test the fit of the kit and temps on them. Once I have those results, I can release it. If all goes well with that (and I expect it to) we're on track for a release of the JJP Tibetan Breeze kit for the third week of Feb.[quoted image]

I’m really looking forward to this being available to buy. It’s going to help a lot. I have these for my Stern Iron Maiden Premium and they really work. Thx for these innovations, Pinmonk!

#5595 3 years ago
Quoted from BeeGee6533:

I’m really looking forward to this being available to buy. It’s going to help a lot. I have these for my Stern Iron Maiden Premium and they really work. Thx for these innovations, Pinmonk!

Thanks for the support! I thought I'd post the jjGnR graph since it's an extreme example of temps and how much the fans can take off them. jjGnR was really tough to get the temps down on. I ended up stepping the fan CFM up twice and it will use a fan not widely available in the US in anything more than onesie-twosie qty, so I had to special order them from Taiwan. It has 50% more CFM than any of the other Tibetan Breeze kits for much better airflow, which in Karl's testing I found was pretty much mandatory to get the extreme temps down and keep them there. Unfortunately that means it will be a little more expensive, but the goal is to keep the cooled coils below the threshold of fade, so flipper performance stays crisp no matter how long you play. On jjGnR with the standard fan and even a +20% CFM fan it wasn't enough to guarantee it would stay below that threshold based on the tests, so the +50% CFM one became THE fan for all JJP games.

One interesting thing is the 3 flipper JJP kit leaves one power lead that can be used for a 4th bracket to cool the left diverter coil if people want. That diverter gets VERY hot, but I don't think the heat really affects performance in-game, just maybe smells like burning after a few hours. Initially in tests it hit temps of 219.9F after a few hours of play, but with the new software in Karl DeAngelo's latest test it never quite got above 200F, so...whatever JJP did made it somewhat better, but still not great. Cooling it will be an option for those that want to do it if they buy the 3 flipper kit because of that extra power lead.

#5596 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Thanks for the support! I thought I'd post the jjGnR graph since it's an extreme example of temps and how much the fans can take off them. jjGnR was really tough to get the temps down on. I ended up stepping the fan CFM up twice and it will use a fan not widely available in the US in anything more than onesie-twosie qty, so I had to special order them from Taiwan. It has 50% more CFM than any of the other Tibetan Breeze kits for much better airflow, which in Karl's testing I found was pretty much mandatory to get the extreme temps down and keep them there. Unfortunately that means it will be a little more expensive, but the goal is to keep the cooled coils below the threshold of fade, so flipper performance stays crisp no matter how long you play. On jjGnR with the standard fan and even a +20% CFM fan it wasn't enough to guarantee it would stay below that threshold based on the tests, so the +50% CFM one became THE fan for all JJP games.
One interesting thing is the 3 flipper JJP kit leaves one power lead that can be used for a 4th bracket to cool the left diverter coil if people want. That diverter gets VERY hot, but I don't think the heat really affects performance in-game, just maybe smells like burning after a few hours. Initially in tests it hit temps of 219.9F after a few hours of play, but with the new software in Karl DeAngelo's latest test it never quite got above 200F, so...whatever JJP did made it somewhat better, but still not great. Cooling it will be an option for those that want to do it if they buy the 3 flipper kit because of that extra power lead.

It’s well worth the increased cost. I really feel like these are essential if you play for a few hours at a time like I do on certain evenings. That flipper fade is a real buzz kill.

#5597 3 years ago
Quoted from Animal:

- and hopefully they will develop a fund for customers with play field issues.

Besides some games in the first batch , there have been no more reported playfield issues .
( at least in this thread )
The game at my distributor , now has over 3000 games on it and the playfield still looks perfect .

#5598 3 years ago
Quoted from BeeGee6533:

Apologies for continuing to post my scores here. Couldn’t help it with this one.
[quoted image]

This is what the owners thread is for , keep them coming .
I doubt I'll ever have a score worth posting but if I do , this is where I will post it .

#5599 3 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

This is what the owners thread is for , keep them coming .
I doubt I'll ever have a score worth posting but if I do , this is where I will post it .

Thx for the encouragement!

#5600 3 years ago

My sneaky most satisfying shot of this game... when you hit a wicked right ramp shot and the ball slams into the side of the cabinet and rolls only touching the right drum stick!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn
Decorations
$ 49.99
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
Flipper Parts
FlipMods
Flipper parts
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Sound/Speakers
7,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Indianapolis, IN
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Electronics
Skillshot Combo
Electronics
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
12,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Boca Raton, FL
$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios
Other
€ 69.00
Pinball Machine
Multiball mods
Pinball Machine
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 100.00
Boards
Led Pinball
Boards
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
Decorations
Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place
Pinball Machine
$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 210.00
Flipper Parts
Pin Monk
Flipper parts
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball
Electronics
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 649.95
Lighting - Interactive
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Interactive
There are 28,087 posts in this topic. You are on page 112 of 562.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/112?hl=pinhigh1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.