IMG_2676.gif
IMG_0960 (resized).jpeg
image1 (resized).jpeg
image0 (resized).jpeg
GnRAllenWrenchMod (resized).jpg
200w.gif
IMG_2222 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

78 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 28,399 posts in this topic. You are on page 111 of 568.
#5501 3 years ago

I totally love this game. It’s incredible. But am I alone in thinking that this game is a drain monster and insanely hard to keep the ball in play? Like a lot more than most games? I’m at 7 degrees pitch. Maybe that’s the issue, maybe I just suck. But this thing crushes me daily. If I was pumping dollar bills into it I would be totally pissed and avoid this thing like the plague on location, lol. Constant drains SDTM as well as slingshots firing the ball to outlanes, etc. It’s so good when you have a good game, but wow, I feel like I have 10 crap games for every decent one...play better, I know.

#5502 3 years ago
Quoted from Kiwipinhead:

Will 3 GnR Pins be too greedy?
[quoted image]

Why do you even have 2? This isn't NBA Fastbreak

#5503 3 years ago
Quoted from BeeGee6533:

I totally love this game. It’s incredible. But am I alone in thinking that this game is a drain monster and insanely hard to keep the ball in play? Like a lot more than most games? I’m at 7 degrees pitch. Maybe that’s the issue, maybe I just suck. But this thing crushes me daily. If I was pumping dollar bills into it I would be totally pissed and avoid this thing like the plague on location, lol. Constant drains SDTM as well as slingshots firing the ball to outlanes, etc. It’s so good when you have a good game, but wow, I feel like I have 10 crap games for every decent one...play better, I know.

Here’s what I did to help a lot. I to was experiencing this. Turn the sling shot coils down to 15 strength, change your post on the outlanes.

#5504 3 years ago
Quoted from Leo13:

Pardon my ignorance, but what is the drawback in connecting the headphone jack to an input from a 2.1 system instead of using a line-out (which implies purchasing an accessory) ?

You could but two things:

Plugging something into the headphone jack mutes all the speakers on the machine

You have a wire permanently coming out of the front of the machine, which I wouldn’t want.

#5505 3 years ago
Quoted from adrock:

I have the CE on order, so I'm primarily concerned about the bass... since hopefully I'll have sufficient mids/highs from the soundbar.

Hey adrock !

Adding bass is a great start but in our opinion the backbox is too often overlooked and is a vital part of the overall experience.

We've had feedback from a small number of CE owners and I'll ask them to comment on their thoughts of the sound bar, before and after adding our system. I'll ask...

We're working to update our blog to what we think are the optimal settings for the machine and the GT amplifier. That should happen today and I'll share.

Thanks for your comments!

https://PinWoofer.com

#5506 3 years ago

Any of you guys buy the pinwoofer bracket and is it helpful? I really don’t want to drill the bottom of the cabinet to install it.

#5507 3 years ago
Quoted from estrader:

Any of you guys buy the pinwoofer bracket and is it helpful? I really don’t want to drill the bottom of the cabinet to install it.

You only need it if you want to move your game without unplugging the amp. Seems pretty useless to me. The amp is heavy and has nice grip.

#5508 3 years ago
Quoted from estrader:

Quoted from nicoy3k:

You only need it if you want to move your game without unplugging the amp. Seems pretty useless to me. The amp is heavy and has nice grip.

We supply Velcro sticky pads by default and you can use those to secure the amplifier. (The amplifier can bounce around a bit at high volume levels and the Velcro pads are adequate to prevent this.)

The SAM installation video below shows in detail using high-bond double sticky tape (which we do not supply) and this is a way to avoid screws. Here is that video and the bracket is at approximately 2:58:

https://pinwoofer.com/videos/ => "How to Install the PinWoofer GT SAM Super Kit"

(The JJP installation video is on the same page.)

The brackets are popular and the majority of orders include them. We think its a useful and elegant finishing touch.

Best wishes!

GNR - Bracket - Black - JJP - GNR - CE (resized).jpegGNR - Bracket - Black - JJP - GNR - CE (resized).jpeg
#5509 3 years ago
Quoted from estrader:

I opted to buy it with my kit. I went with red and gives it a nice finished look inside the cabinet.

#5510 3 years ago
Quoted from Nemotheeskie:

I opted to buy it with my kit. I went with red and gives it a nice finished look inside the cabinet.

Same, although i am yet to get my machine to place it in.

#5511 3 years ago
Quoted from BeeGee6533:

I feel your pain. Maybe it’s because I’m a noob who knows but that’s why I love Pinball. You can walk up to it and have your ass kicked in a few minutes or play for 15 minutes that’s the beauty of pinball and why I like it...every game is different.

#5512 3 years ago
Quoted from BeeGee6533:

It can be an ass kicker. A lot of people think this is a multiball heavy game, but I truly believe they just don’t get it. The game is tough. The multiballs give you a sense of high energy and fun. when you drain down to one ball, the Adrenalin shifts to intense risk/reward management. There are so many highs in the game, and if you drain or lose it all - I still have a smile on my face because of the energy level throughout the whole process.

All in all, it’s a tough game, but getting zoned in can really push the envelope of energy and Adrenalin.

Quoted from Bmanpin:

I feel your pain. Maybe it’s because I’m a noob who knows but that’s why I love Pinball. You can walk up to it and have your ass kicked in a few minutes or play for 15 minutes that’s the beauty of pinball and why I like it...every game is different.

Nailed it.

#5513 3 years ago

I have connected subwoofers to my pins for years. Makes a big difference in sound particularly music pins.

If you want to Macgyver it and save money but still reap the benefits of great sound and better low end, a low cost solution is using a crossover capacitor ($2) and running speaker wires from the pins sub to an external sub. As well, you can connect 2 pins to 1 sub for a extra cost savings solution.

#5514 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

It can be an ass kicker. A lot of people think this is a multiball heavy game, but I truly believe they just don’t get it. The game is tough. The multiballs give you a sense of high energy and fun. when you drain down to one ball, the Adrenalin shifts to intense risk/reward management. There are so many highs in the game, and if you drain or lose it all - I still have a smile on my face because of the energy level throughout the whole process.
All in all, it’s a tough game, but getting zoned in can really push the envelope of energy and Adrenalin.

Nailed it.

Yeah, I totally agree. One of the things that has been causing this game to dunk on me regularly is that I’m trying to collect patch sets like the sponsors(Gibson, Vater, Marshall, Fender), band members, booster multi ball patch sets, etc. In trying to trap up and hit that left ramp all the time before a song, I get some frequent drains. It’s almost a guarantee if I don’t hit it cleanly from a forehand off the right flipper, it hits an album target and drains immediately. Sometimes I feel like I should just get a few ball locks, start a song and just have fun. But, I’m trying to get better and build my scores up. My GC is 28mil with my other high scores in the 12-16mil range. Having a hard time getting over that hump. I know I’m not that great a player, but wow this game is really really hard.

#5515 3 years ago

FYI: Karl DeAngelo (iepinball) is streaming jjGnR tonight with what is possibly the final configuration of the JJP / jjGnR Tibetan Breeze kit. It's pretty cool when he does this because he puts the temperature gauges for the flipper coils on the screen in the stream so you can watch them in real time while he plays. 7-9pm PST tonight. He doesn't post these recordings for later viewing because of DMCA muting, so you have to catch it live if you want to see it.

karl-diverter-hot_2021_01_20 (resized).jpgkarl-diverter-hot_2021_01_20 (resized).jpg

#5516 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

FYI: Karl DeAngelo (iepinball) is streaming jjGnR tonight with what is possibly the final configuration of the jjGnR Tibetan Breeze kit. It's pretty cool when he does this because he puts the temperature gauges for the flipper coils on the screen in the stream so you can watch them in real time while he plays. 7-9pm PST tonight. He doesn't post these because of DMCA muting, so you have to catch it live if you want to see it.
[quoted image]

Awesome! Looking forward to the stream and to purchasing these when they are available! Are you thinking of making this for the left ramp diverter coil as well or would that not be practical or necessary?

#5517 3 years ago
Quoted from BeeGee6533:

Awesome! Looking forward to the stream and to purchasing these when they are available! Are you thinking of making this for the left ramp diverter coil as well or would that not be practical or necessary?

I wasn't planning on making it for the diverter coil, but that was before I saw how hot it gets. JJP is supposedly trying to mitigate the heat a bit with software changes. He has the new software on GnR, so it will be interesting to see if it helps with diverter temps.

The power leads are 2 at a time, so a 3 flipper kit has an extra lead meaning you could buy just an extra fan and bracket for the diverter coil if you wanted to cool it. What it looks like after the test tonight will tell if they made any advances in controlling the meteoric rise of the diverter temps in the new software.

Once the GnR testing is done I can send kits out to the beta testers of all the other JJP machines, and once fit and function is verified on those, I can release the JJP Tibetan Breeze kit for everyone, probably like the 3rd week in Feb or so.

#5518 3 years ago

I really hope JJP honors prices of those who preordered. It’s not fair that I ordered on day 1 and left a $1000 deposit, and ppl that ordered it a couple days later already received their machine and some have even flipped it and sold it already. Here I am waiting and waiting like many others and our reward for waiting is to pay an extra $1000? What happened to the machine in 4 months that makes it worth $1000 extra? For the extra $1000 it better come with the sparkle playfield, otherwise I’m sorry JJP I’m out and will never purchase a JJP again.

#5519 3 years ago
Quoted from Flipper_Ripper:

I really hope JJP honors prices of those who preordered. It’s not fair that I ordered on day 1 and left a $1000 deposit, and ppl that ordered it a couple days later already received their machine and some have even flipped it and sold it already. Here I am waiting and waiting like many others and our reward for waiting is to pay an extra $1000? What happened to the machine in 4 months that makes it worth $1000 extra? For the extra $1000 it better come with the sparkle playfield, otherwise I’m sorry JJP I’m out and will never purchase a JJP again.

What are you talking about? There is no late price increase to anyone.

#5520 3 years ago

Price increase is ONLY ON NEW ORDERS. If you ordered prior to today, your price remains the original MSRP.

#5521 3 years ago
Quoted from Flipper_Ripper:

It’s only for new orders moving forward. Yours will remain original price.

#5522 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

What are you talking about? There is no late price increase to anyone.

We're still waiting to see what distributors say about this, but the price increase is official on their website.

gnr (resized).jpggnr (resized).jpg

#5523 3 years ago
Quoted from DeeGor:

We're still waiting to see what distributors say about this, but the price increase is official on their website.
[quoted image]

Thanks. Understood but they have not and would not up charge preorder customers already in with deposits. Must say they must have a Massive success following this title to make a move like this so early. Happy for All that got in early.

#5524 3 years ago

All orders placed now are at the new prices. Any orders before today will be honored.

This is across board from all distributors (or is supposed to be).

#5525 3 years ago

When did the $10,500 LE price take effect?

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#5526 3 years ago
Quoted from thechakapakuni:

When did the $10,500 LE price take effect?

Read the post above yours
Looks like effective today.

#5527 3 years ago

Ok, I put in my order Monday. I’ll have to check to make sure there’s no nonsense

#5528 3 years ago

Ok, I put in my order Monday. I’ll have to check to make sure there’s no nonsense

You should be good at the $9500 unless your distro is pulling a fast one.

#5529 3 years ago

That’s what I’m confirming in writing. I have an email confirming my order was in Monday. Reconfirming

#5530 3 years ago

That’s what I’m confirming in writing. I have an email confirming my order was in Monday. Reconfirming

Then you should be good.

#5531 3 years ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

All orders placed now are at the new prices. Any orders before today will be honored.
This is across board from all distributors (or is supposed to be).

What a shit move to make the increase after distros closed and with absolutely zero notice.

#5532 3 years ago

Holy hell, a price increase... Not to rub it in, but I was a lucky bastard that recieved my machine within a few weeks of release. Just a roll of the dice I suppose. That being said, if anyone is in the Knoxville ,TN. 37922 area, and wants to come play, PM me. Seriously. As long as you're not a weirdo.....lol. I've already had Covid, and the wife has been vaccinated, so we're good.

#5533 3 years ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

Holy hell, a price increase... Not to rub it in, but I was a lucky bastard that recieved my machine within a few weeks of release. Just a roll of the dice I suppose. That being said, if anyone is in the Knoxville ,TN. 37922 area, and wants to come play, PM me. Seriously. As long as you're not a weirdo.....lol. I've already had Covid, and the wife has been vaccinated, so we're good.

"As long as you're not a weirdo..."

Hahahahaha

Have you met pinball people?

I'm just kidding. That's a generous offer.

#5534 3 years ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

Then you should be good.

Just confirmed, in before the price hike! Wahooo!

A6755B25-3CED-45FC-9D01-64FFF1A56EEE.gifA6755B25-3CED-45FC-9D01-64FFF1A56EEE.gif
#5535 3 years ago

Just confirmed, in before the price hike! Wahooo![quoted image]

I ordered Friday. Nice to get in before the popularity tax.

#5536 3 years ago

Just confirmed, in before the price hike! Wahooo![quoted image]

On time Chaka ... ... excellent.

#5537 3 years ago

FeelsGoodMan

#5538 3 years ago

Have around 500 games in my LE and no play field issues or anything really except a hard hit that misses the left ramp and hits the bumper flies up and hits the glass and deflects into the left outlane, usually happens in multiball. Anyone else seeing this?

#5539 3 years ago

Happens to me many times , the ball hits the right target at the entrance of the left ramp and jumps over the left plastic to drain in the left outlane.
There is definitely a polycarbonate shield to be made here to prevent this !

#5540 3 years ago

If you have a receipt with the $9500 price you are good!

#5541 3 years ago

Wow...kinda BS if u ask me, but as Gordon Gekko famously said "greed is good"

#5542 3 years ago

See we said it all along. The LE is THE value leader, prices are going up before they are even Made! Just Kidding!!!!

#5543 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Wow...kinda BS if u ask me, but as Gordon Gekko famously said "greed is good"

Is it greed? I'm in the HVAC and plumbing business. Our vendors just informed us that our material cost are going up 15% next month. We usually get hit with 3-5% increase. Could it be the same for other manufactures like JJP?

#5544 3 years ago

I think that might be some of the reason (not defending JJP). Also we have seen they’ve had to rethink some design improvement (plunger spring, playfield, etc) and who knows what else we might not know about. It was probably enough extra expenses acquired or discovered they had to raise the price. And as we’ve seen from other mfgrs who are having trouble releasing pins due to 3rd party Covid increases, then we get that passed onto us. Might also be tax and minimum wage increases? Could be a lot of stuff. Could also be greed

#5545 3 years ago
Quoted from Jecco74:

Is it greed? I'm in the HVAC and plumbing business. Our vendors just informed us that our material cost are going up 15% next month. We usually get hit with 3-5% increase. Could it be the same for other manufactures like JJP?

Its all about increasing profits... its great for existing owners...not so great for new buyers.....so is this gonna be JJP LE pricing in the future or only on games that sell well? A.... so are future CE's now gonna be $15K ? I'm sure when the dust settled they sat around the table and wished they priced it higher

#5546 3 years ago

Keith is my favorite coder gnr is a great pin but I’m out with the price increase been saving for a new pin forever waiting for Godzilla now another favorite theme.

#5547 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:Its all about increasing profits... its great for existing owners...not so great for new buyers.....so is this gonna be JJP LE pricing in the future or only on games that sell well? A.... so are future CE's now gonna be $15K ? I'm sure when the dust settled they sat around the table and wished they priced it higher

Considering the CEs sold out in 2 hours, yeah, you can bet they figured they left money on the table...

#5548 3 years ago

So glad I pulled the trigger last week! Just dumb luck.

#5549 3 years ago
Quoted from Jecco74:

I’m in the process of building a house. Lumber is up 20% thats $28k. That’s a couple new pins. Ugh....

#5550 3 years ago
Quoted from PinPickle:

I’m in the process of building a house. Lumber is up 20% thats $28k. That’s a couple new pins. Ugh....

Really? Damn. I was about to build some new decks. Might need to wait and play GNR now instead

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

8,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mohawk, NY
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 210.00
€ 69.00
Pinball Machine
Multiball mods

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

6,790 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Silverthorne, CO
$ 60.00
Hardware
Pin Parts

$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 40.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

7,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Moreno Valley, CA
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Crestview, FL
$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 28,399 posts in this topic. You are on page 111 of 568.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/111?hl=apinballwiz and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.