IMG_2002 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2003 (resized).jpeg
1C8AE00A-E658-441F-8C85-35F46CC105C1 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3148 (resized).jpeg
20240407_215717 (resized).jpg
20240407_215654 (resized).jpg
20240407_215630 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

78 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 28,301 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 567.
#501 3 years ago

I think we all had that same laugh early on with the CE #. lol Don't sell this game or the LE short. It truly is amazing and you will Never see a light show like this on Any pinball machine even with 12 pairs of PinStadium lights lol. 5000 may come sooner then we expect..

#502 3 years ago

More than just a GNR pin to me.
Inherited my gramps Fender that I’ve enjoyed playing for years.
That alone may have me pulling trigger on one of these.

#503 3 years ago

what is action button used for?

pick songs
switching badges

something else?

#504 3 years ago
Quoted from SaltyRunBack:

Damn....That LE is beautiful. Enjoy.

It is beautiful I hope they can use these artist again.Dirty Donny and Zombie Yeti turned Stern around.
It's funny because I just recently made a post about wishing Chris Franchi worked at JJP,and then I find out from his podcast he was contacted to do just that and had to turn it down!Anyway these new guys did some great work!

#505 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

I think we all had that same laugh early on with the CE #. lol Don't sell this game or the LE short. It truly is amazing and you will Never see a light show like this on Any pinball machine even with 12 pairs of PinStadium lights lol. 5000 may come sooner then we expect..

My comment wasn't intended to sell the game short in anyway. I hope your right, but 5000 is a lot of games....

#506 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

what is action button used for?
pick songs
switching badges
something else?

Fire Canon in tear down the wall mode. Maybe a few other things in album modes

#507 3 years ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

Fire Canon in tear down the wall mode. Maybe a few other things in album modes

And the light fuse challenge in Pyro.

#508 3 years ago
Quoted from Rozeks:

#307 arrived today. It's absolutely gorgeous. Bravo, JJP team!
[quoted image]

Always good to see local with the latest and greatest as long as that didn’t come from Evan??? Don’t get me started.......

#509 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

My comment wasn't intended to sell the game short in anyway. I hope your right, but 5000 is a lot of games....

Yeah, I buy a JJP LE because I think the extras are worth the additional $$, not because of it's limited nature.

#510 3 years ago

So I'm making lemonade out of lemons. Burned on the CE (I will mention of it no more)...but...gave me the inspiration to rearrange my office/man cave and make room for the LE. Just so happens I think it's gonna fit in better in my office as a showpiece versus the gameroom, where I had planned the CE, with the color and brick artwork. Score. Best part is, the office is on the first floor!!! First pin I don't have to disassemble and carry up stairs. This actually turned out for the best in retrospect. (and yep, I'm OCD like that with the tape outline my curse )
20201009_013520.jpg20201009_013520.jpg20201009_013432.jpg20201009_013432.jpg20201009_013414.jpg20201009_013414.jpg

slash (resized).jpgslash (resized).jpg
#511 3 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

So I'm making lemonade out of lemons. Burned on the CE (I will mention of it no more)...but...gave me the inspiration to rearrange my office/man cave and make room for the LE. Just so happens I think it's gonna fit in better in my office as a showpiece versus the gameroom, where I had planned the CE, with the color and brick artwork. Score. Best part is, the office is on the first floor!!! First pin I don't have to disassemble and carry up stairs. This actually turned out for the best in retrospect. (and yep, I'm OCD like that with the tape outline my curse )[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Really lovely space there, and glad you're okay with your decision now. You should be!

My OCD can never be comfy with angled pins.

#512 3 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

So I'm making lemonade out of lemons. Burned on the CE (I will mention of it no more)...but...gave me the inspiration to rearrange my office/man cave and make room for the LE. Just so happens I think it's gonna fit in better in my office as a showpiece versus the gameroom, where I had planned the CE, with the color and brick artwork. Score. Best part is, the office is on the first floor!!! First pin I don't have to disassemble and carry up stairs. This actually turned out for the best in retrospect. (and yep, I'm OCD like that with the tape outline my curse )[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Slide saves NOT allowed.

#513 3 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

Really lovely space there, and glad you're okay with your decision now. You should be!
My OCD can never be comfy with angled pins.

Thank you! It's really strange, most of the time I'm not okay angled

#514 3 years ago
Quoted from Lounge:

Slide saves NOT allowed.

I just ordered some Pin Butts !!!

#515 3 years ago
Quoted from wackenhut:

How long do you think it takes 5,000 LE’s to sell out if ever!?!?

Depends on the feel and customer opinions start to come in.
Somewhere between 3months and never.

#516 3 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

So I'm making lemonade out of lemons. Burned on the CE (I will mention of it no more)...but...gave me the inspiration to rearrange my office/man cave and make room for the LE. Just so happens I think it's gonna fit in better in my office as a showpiece versus the gameroom, where I had planned the CE, with the color and brick artwork. Score. Best part is, the office is on the first floor!!! First pin I don't have to disassemble and carry up stairs. This actually turned out for the best in retrospect. (and yep, I'm OCD like that with the tape outline my curse )
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]
[quoted image]

Going to be great, but i would have moved the guitars to the white wall next to the door and have the game squared against the brick wall.
Depends ofc of how close it will be to the door and if it will interfere with the passage.

Btw LE colours match your room better.

#517 3 years ago

Ok, I'm a few hours in ownership, and maybe a dozen games in. Thought I'd stop by and share some first impressions.

To set context on my pinball knowledge/experience (I've always felt that was helpful in understanding one's point of view), I'd thought I'd share a few notes. In short, my Wife and I share this hobby, and have discovered in our relationship that both of us (thankfully shared a childhood fascination with pinball that we have been able to connect over later in life. It played a particularly strong part of helping us maintain sanity in our relationship as we navigated recent tragic health decline of my in-laws, who sadly both passed away last year. I get it. Too much info. Wanted to at least point out that it's something that's important to us. We're relatively new to the modern hobby (We have a few modern Sterns that we adore, A CGC Monster Bash that we love, and had a Cirqus Voltaire that was amazing and beautiful and "everything I ever wanted in a pinball machine, but never had the time to adequately maintain" that we ultimately let go. So, in short: We've played a ton of Pinball in our lives, have recently found ourselves connecting over this hobby later in life, and, most importantly, are *so thankful* that we have a modern industry to enjoy that supports this worthy hobby.

Ok, that being said:

My God. What an accomplishment.

This is the best Rock and Roll themed pin I've ever played. Period. It's not close.

It's fun. It's really fun!

I know, you say, where are the mechs? They aren't missed, and it becomes laughable to complain about it once you play through a song or two.

The experience is second to none.

I know, you say, I *hate* November Rain.

You will freaking *LOVE* November Rain.

My God.

The attention to detail in this machine is inspiring, and could only be a product of a team that is absolutely firing on all cylinders.

Yes, please, support this work. Support this Team. More of this craftsmanship in the hobby, please.

And, let's please talk about craftsmanship. It's everywhere here. The Design (both technical and physical) are astonishingly well done. Bravo to the software team. Seriously, folks, this is inspiring work.

Each song is a unique and enveloping experience. So well designed. So well presented.

Oh, and it balances such a great line between modern and classic pinball layout/feel. And it's as modern as the most beautiful of modern city neon light skylines.

Someone is bound to ask about playfield quality, dimples, pooling, etc.

Honestly, it would be foolish to even think of spending a moment looking for flaws here instead of appreciating the product of what was no doubt amazing teamwork. I'll get there. Someday. Maybe.

On Theme: I've had a love/hate relationship with this band over the years. I've seen them in concert a couple times (both as opening bands), and as much as I respect the energy and focus on delivering this style of Rock and Roll, I'm equally as appalled by every reason to distance yourself from some of this band's past lyrics and statements that can only be viewed in hindsight as hateful and misogynistic. We're Pinball lovers and Rock and Roll lovers, however, and this game has both in tremendous amounts and I'm so impressed with just how well crafted this machine is.

Looking forward to sharing more thoughts (if you aren't tired of me already here), but I get *tremendously* excited when I see execution that is done at such an extraordinary high level. When it combines kinetic movement with technology to present an *EXPERIENCE*, I'm personally inspired.

Absolutely bravo to the team at JJP. Extraordinary work.

#518 3 years ago
Quoted from Dr-pin:

Going to be great, but i would have moved the guitars to the white wall next to the door and have the game squared against the brick wall.
Depends ofc of how close it will be to the door and if it will interfere with the passage.
Btw LE colours match your room better.

Thanks! Unfortunately like you said the passage clearance is a bit limited and my guitar mounts were already there special hung through the stone on cross member braces

#519 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinballer73:

LE deposit paid and order confirmed. Expressed interest in a CE, on a list if more become available to our distributor here in Australia. Can't see that happening, but stoked either way! Thanks to everyone that posted their gameplay reviews or videos in this thread.

Yeah, My brother just put a deposit on an LE after all CE were sold out...

#520 3 years ago
Quoted from Rozeks:

Ok, I'm a few hours in ownership, and maybe a dozen games in. Thought I'd stop by and share some first impressions.

So to be clear... you're kinda on the fence with this one?

#521 3 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

So to be clear... you're kinda on the fence with this one?

I love to see an honest opinion. Can’t want to get mine and have the game of the year. Hopefully by Thanksgiving.

#522 3 years ago

Hate to say but this pin is a minor let down.

Too many Multiballs and free play (ball save) add a ball overload, out lane ball resurrect.

Not story driven rules.

Fax Axl and old Slash plus 4 people I never heard of.

Hate the music notes when you roll over a part of the PF breaks into the song (can we disable that please!)

But all that said I’m probably buying an LE because it’s a box of lights and music and bling and to me that’s probably what I love about pinball.

Yes I love tough shots and rules etc. but the wrapping paper is just as important to me and what’s inside and GnR has a great wrapping paper.

#523 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Get to know these 4 others....they are good people and pretty amazing musicians.....

#524 3 years ago

So, the new hotrails.

From a player's perspective, are they off-putting?

They seem quite in your face by the shooter lane?

Or are they diffused enough, for it to be a non-issue?

Waiting for SE reveal, and this was one concern.

#525 3 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

Awesome!!!! At first I was a little butthurt over my own CE loss, but the LE colors and style is really growing on me now. I especially like the red on the playfield after looking at all three in a side by side. Can’t go wrong with either. Looks great! Enjoy

I originally liked the CE more, but after looking further, the LE is definitely my favorite. I like the purple on the CE, but the art, back glass, and red are all better IMO on the LE. A couple mods like the roses on button, and skull plunger will probably be made by mods and that will really add to it. Can’t wait to get my LE.

#526 3 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

[quoted image]

Dang - that is going to look phenomenal in there! You might not get any work done though LOL!

#527 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Too many Multiballs and free play (ball save) add a ball overload, out lane ball resurrect.
Not story driven rules.
Hate the music notes when you roll over a part of the PF breaks into the song (can we disable that please!)
But all that said I’m probably buying an LE because it’s a box of lights and music and bling and to me that’s probably what I love about pinball.
Yes I love tough shots and rules etc. but the wrapping paper is just as important to me and what’s inside and GnR has a great wrapping paper.

Hate to say this, but man....you've just gotta stop. I swear, every GNR thread I open, there you are again. Saying the same shit over and over.

I'm aware you didn't order a game. So, I see some new posts in the GNR OWNER'S thread so I open it up. I'm excited to see what's going on. And then BOOM! There you are....again. It's like herpes....but slightly more annoying. It just won't go away....

And why post this negative stuff about the game in here? The amount of negativity from you and a handful of others is truly amazing. This is an OWNERS thread. Guys here are excited. I have a CE on order that I'm stoked to get. Why on earth do you need to post crap in here. It's such a buzz kill.

This game looks crazy awesome. At the end of the day though, it's just a damn pinball machine man. JJP made this game how they want. Maybe it's multi-ball heavy. Maybe it's with the video of the current line-up and what this band looks like today. That's how they wanted to make it. If you don't like heavy multiball or the current line-up, then don't buy the damn game. Honestly though, nobody really cares what you do. Nobody.

You and the other few that think so highly of your own opinions should open your own thread. Call it something like "Shit we don't like about JJP GNR and other opinions nobody actually wants to hear". Then I can just drain that thread and get excited over this game.

This game is going to fucking rock. I'm so psyched to see JJP and Eric do something like this. And to have Slash and the others with Guns put so much effort into this is truly amazing. Good on them. Bravo to all involved.

One last thing. We ALL know you think the LE art is better. We get it. Just.....just stop.

#529 3 years ago

So are there any distros that got first shipments and all aren’t spoken for?

#530 3 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

I originally liked the CE more, but after looking further, the LE is definitely my favorite. I like the purple on the CE, but the art, back glass, and red are all better IMO on the LE. A couple mods like the roses on button, and skull plunger will probably be made by mods and that will really add to it. Can’t wait to get my LE.

I agree with you on your assessment. I really really like the LE. We are in on a CE as my husband really liked that one but I am partial to the artwork and coloring of the LE. I think both are great and like you said someone will make the mods and they can be put on the LE.

#531 3 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Hate to say this, but man....you've just gotta stop. I swear, every GNR thread I open, there you are again. Saying the same shit over and over.
I'm aware you didn't order a game. So, I see some new posts in the GNR OWNER'S thread so I open it up. I'm excited to see what's going on. And then BOOM! There you are....again. It's like herpes....but slightly more annoying. It just won't go away....
And why post this negative stuff about the game in here? The amount of negativity from you and a handful of others is truly amazing. This is an OWNERS thread. Guys here are excited. I have a CE on order that I'm stoked to get. Why on earth do you need to post crap in here. It's such a buzz kill.
This game looks crazy awesome. At the end of the day though, it's just a damn pinball machine man. JJP made this game how they want. Maybe it's multi-ball heavy. Maybe it's with the video of the current line-up and what this band looks like today. That's how they wanted to make it. If you don't like heavy multiball or the current line-up, then don't buy the damn game. Honestly though, nobody really cares what you do. Nobody.
You and the other few that think so highly of your own opinions should open your own thread. Call it something like "Shit we don't like about JJP GNR and other opinions nobody actually wants to hear". Then I can just drain that thread and get excited over this game.
This game is going to fucking rock. I'm so psyched to see JJP and Eric do something like this. And to have Slash and the others with Guns put so much effort into this is truly amazing. Good on them. Bravo to all involved.
One last thing. We ALL know you think the LE art is better. We get it. Just.....just stop.

*slow clap*

#532 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Not story driven rules.

You’ve implied and outright said nothing but bad things about a game you’ve never played.Its almost like your trying to talk anybody out of wanting this JJP game.Whats the motivation behind your post.Do you have financial interest in Stern,I can appreciate this or are you just a fan boy trolling?

#533 3 years ago

So does anybody know, or can a distributor chime in on this? I was told by a distributor that I bought 2 jjp games from before that jjp made distributors sign a new contract not allowing them to offer any type of discount or free shipping. I called around and found a deal elsewhere, so I’m just curious if this guy is just making this up or if it’s true what he’s telling me.

#534 3 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

So does anybody know, or can a distributor chime in on this? I was told by a distributor that I bought 2 jjp games from before that jjp made distributors sign a new contract not allowing them to offer any type of discount or free shipping. I called around and found a deal elsewhere, so I’m just curious if this guy is just making this up or if it’s true what he’s telling me.

From what I've been told, they can't discount the game. Shipping is something they can play around with though. Keep in mind, this money then comes out of the distributor's pocket. Those guys have to eat too. I find it best to just pony up and pay. You're already spending close to $10k....

#535 3 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

[quoted image]

I like your office. The ceiling, the stacked stone, the guitars, and of course the future LE!

#536 3 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

I don't know the answer, but I'm not sure you'll get it in public.

#537 3 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

From what I've been told, they can't discount the game. Shipping is something they can play around with though. Keep in mind, this money then comes out of the distributor's pocket. Those guys have to eat too. I find it best to just pony up and pay. You're already spending close to $10k....

I agree with this. I’m not concerned with paying the shipping, I was just curious as to what the truth is since I found some that will work on shipping with me, while my past distributor wouldn’t do anything better for a returning customer. Not a big deal either way. Was just more curious if he was lying to me. I bought my other jjp games from him, and both times he lied about a couple things with both games. Thanks guys. Happy with my new distributor so far.

#538 3 years ago

OK, so since this IS an owners thread after all, I think I should post some early learnings.

1. When you remove the huge packing foam around Axl, check the switch wires. For me one of them (Guitar lock entry) was pressed down by the foam and was shorted closed. Just a simple adjustment to get the wire off the switch bracket.

2. After a a couple days, the spinning record became wobbly. Just needed to tighten the screw under the PF.

3. Did have one reset today while playing Patience. Not sure if they can send the log over WiFi to Keith or they need it?

4. I think all playfields are the same (except CE Glitter obviously). See the Coma lock under the LE apron?

Loving the game and will have a few friends over again tomorrow to play.

9ED814B5-BEDF-4BD4-AB24-9BE4015FF31A_1_102_o (resized).jpeg9ED814B5-BEDF-4BD4-AB24-9BE4015FF31A_1_102_o (resized).jpegAxl (resized).pngAxl (resized).pngComa (resized).pngComa (resized).png
#539 3 years ago

Shame covering up artwork like that.

#540 3 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

Best part is, the office is on the first floor!!! First pin I don't have to disassemble and carry up stairs.
[quoted image]

Wow...that room is gonna look fantastic! Unfortunately, I would have to disassemble the game (playfield, backbox, and cabinet) to get it downstairs. I’ve done it with modern Sterns which is a pain but not too bad. Any idea how hard it would be with a JJP?

#541 3 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

Shame covering up artwork like that.

It’d be a lot of work (at least for me) but you could make a custom apron to show it off. I look at it as just another hidden thing on the playfield that is cool to occasionally discover.

#542 3 years ago
Quoted from Spelunk71:

Wow...that room is gonna look fantastic! Unfortunately, I would have to disassemble the game (playfield, backbox, and cabinet) to get it downstairs. I’ve done it with modern Sterns which is a pain but not too bad. Any idea how hard it would be with a JJP?

From what I've read it's about the same as a Stern complexity wise, albeit heavier...label everything before disconnecting, I just take a lot of pictures and use numbered electrician label tapes.

#543 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

2. After a a couple days, the spinning record became wobbly. Just needed to tighten the screw under the PF.

The one on location by me did this as well and eventually caused ball hangups. JJP sent out a fix and I wonder if this is going to be an ongoing problem.

#544 3 years ago

For those of you who already have it in house, how does travel work? Do the little lights show you where you are, or have been?

#545 3 years ago

I tell you man the JJP hate train on Pinside is rough. The people who are shitting on GNR are the same people who say Iron Maiden is the second coming of pinball.

#546 3 years ago
Quoted from Blu:

For those of you who already have it in house, how does travel work? Do the little lights show you where you are, or have been?

That is one rule that I need to lean more about. The cities on the map turn green with you have been there, but I'm not sure the scoring benefits, importance, etc.

#547 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

That is one rule that I need to lean more about. The cities on the map turn green with you have been there, but I'm not sure the scoring benefits, importance, etc.

Thanks! I heard on one of the streams that there were some “power ups” for the band members associated with it. Can’t wait to dig in myself.

#548 3 years ago
Quoted from Mrawesome44:

I tell you man the JJP hate train on Pinside is rough. The people who are shitting on GNR are the same people who say Iron Maiden is the second coming of pinball.

Screenshot_20201009-103201_Samsung Internet (resized).jpgScreenshot_20201009-103201_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
#549 3 years ago

How do you advance cities? How does that factor into getting to wizard modes?

#550 3 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

How do you advance cities? How does that factor into getting to wizard modes?

I want to know how they got that cat to walk upright?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Silverthorne, CO
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 210.00
€ 69.00
Pinball Machine
Multiball mods

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Purcellville, VA
$ 60.00
Hardware
Pin Parts

$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 40.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

7,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Moreno Valley, CA
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 28,301 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 567.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/11 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.