image1 (resized).jpeg
image0 (resized).jpeg
GnRAllenWrenchMod (resized).jpg
200w.gif
IMG_2222 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2652 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4454 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

78 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 28,388 posts in this topic. You are on page 108 of 568.
#5351 3 years ago
Quoted from Dantesmark:

Should i go black mirror or regular?
Is it the bally williams blades or the jjp ones on cointakers site?
Thx!

Never had black blades so can't say, but I really love how the ones I have look. Box they came in says bally/williams remake.

#5352 3 years ago
Quoted from Leo13:

FYI, if you have like me some issues with the left ramp flap jumping out of the right hole, I found a solution : just cut the head of a zip tie and insert it to the outer wireframe. Problem solved !
[quoted image]

Had this exact same issue. Did something similar. Now, no more issues.

#5353 3 years ago
Quoted from Looprunner:

I downloaded the update and now I get 1,000 points every time I hit the flipper. I don't believe that happened before. What am I missing?
Update: it did it for two straight games and then stopped. Very odd.

I noticed that as well, getting points when hitting the flippers. Is there something to check for that? Still on the old code. Thanks.

#5354 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

I noticed that as well, getting points when hitting the flippers. Is there something to check for that? Still on the old code. Thanks.

Usually indicates a playfield leaf-switch is so close/tight that the vibration from the flipping is causing it to trigger. Go into the switch test and hit the flippers or just (gently) bang the side or pf to see which switch is triggered, then adjust to be less sensitive.

#5355 3 years ago

Played Led Zeppelin pro at my distributor when I picked up my GNR and there is no comparison. My buddy who is a zeppelin fan said this game is easy. Probably won’t be buying another stern until something changes with them.

#5356 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

Take a look at post 5325. It sounds like a switch adjustment.

#5357 3 years ago
Quoted from fastchef:

Played Led Zeppelin pro at my distributor when I picked up my GNR and there is no comparison. My buddy who is a zeppelin fan said this game is easy. Probably won’t be buying another stern until something changes with them.

I'm a huge fan of LZ and had high hopes. I played the pro model. It felt really bare and very repetitive. Not only was the middle wide open the upper right felt that way as well. It felt like the flow was hit left ramp hit right ramp, rinse and repeat. Very boring, I earned a free game on replay and gave it away because I didnt want to play again.

#5358 3 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

I have to sell my Hobbit like you did , so I'm not too worried about the wait .
After playing it , it was spectacular and I knew , I had to get one .

Let me know if you end up wanting to let your Hobbit go. A local guy i know has fallen in love with my BA and was shopping for one. not sure if it's still on his radar or not.

Now that i think of him, i have to contact him anyway, his Celts was due about now and i want to play it.

#5359 3 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Let me know if you end up wanting to let your Hobbit go. A local guy i know has fallen in love with my BA and was shopping for one. not sure if it's still on his radar or not.
Now that i think of him, i have to contact him anyway, his Celts was due about now and i want to play it.

I'll send you a message when I get home from work .

#5360 3 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Quoted from screaminr:

I'll send you a message when I get home from work .

WAYYyy off topic but my daughter and I watched a documentary on Australia last night and dam you guys are lucky. What a beautiful country. On our must visit bucket list.

#5361 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

WAYYyy off topic but my daughter and I watched a documentary on Australia last night and dam you guys are lucky. What a beautiful country. On our must visit bucket list.

If you ever make it to Melbourne ID be more than happy to show you around .

#5362 3 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

If you ever make it to Melbourne ID be more than happy to show you around .

Is it true that something like 88% of the continent is basically unpopulated?

#5363 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinballomatic:

Is it true that something like 88% of the continent is basically unpopulated?

No, the whole place is populated, just very sparsely in places. Some people have to fly a light plane to go into town or visit their neighbours. Think Alaska without the white stuff.

Quoted from Yelobird:

You are very welcome here too, look up Woolgoolga on you tube. Only 3,000 souls here, but halfway point tween Sydney and Brisbane. 25 machines here and a granny flat to stop off for a few nights.

https://www.facebook.com/Woopi-Freeballers-Inc-1079332152257683/

#5364 3 years ago

So the record, Slash target, came loose today and I read some blogs which stated it could be the top screw. If i do this wont i need to replace the sticker in the center where the screw is located. And how would I go about getting a new stickers for the center of the record?

#5365 3 years ago
Quoted from eagleeyemma:

And how would I go about getting a new stickers for the center of the record?

Call Barry at JJP.

LTG : )

#5366 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Call Barry at JJP.

Will do tomorrow. Thanks

#5367 3 years ago
Quoted from eagleeyemma:

So the record, Slash target, came loose today and I read some blogs which stated it could be the top screw. If i do this wont i need to replace the sticker in the center where the screw is located. And how would I go about getting a new stickers for the center of the record?

Did you try just tightening the bottom screw? Seems like most only had an issue per the bulletin with the lower screw coming loose which takes but a minute to tighten.

#5368 3 years ago

No word yet on when LEs go back in line? Patiently waiting

#5369 3 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

No word yet on when LEs go back in line? Patiently waiting

Still waiting on my CE. Haven’t even been invoiced yet. Sorry to say it might be a while...

#5370 3 years ago
Quoted from adrock:

Still waiting on my CE. Haven’t even been invoiced yet. Sorry to say it might be a while...

Seems like a 30 day out invoice would have been sent by now. Wonder how many weeks in to the CE they are. The wait is tough, but what do you do.

#5371 3 years ago

Final payment is due somewhere between 2-4 weeks depending on the distributor. Three weeks seems to be about average.

Quoted from konghusker:

Seems like a 30 day out invoice would have been sent

#5372 3 years ago

I did this last night. I absolutely love this game.

15B61AC2-EBF8-492E-A8A9-E834873B69E5 (resized).jpeg15B61AC2-EBF8-492E-A8A9-E834873B69E5 (resized).jpeg58C7EAAF-FE6F-4C50-9774-45DF451BE003 (resized).jpeg58C7EAAF-FE6F-4C50-9774-45DF451BE003 (resized).jpeg9E90C41B-D76F-4B15-B2C6-37016E3461B2 (resized).jpeg9E90C41B-D76F-4B15-B2C6-37016E3461B2 (resized).jpeg
#5373 3 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

I did this last night. I absolutely love this game.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Solid numbers I have work to do!

#5374 3 years ago
Quoted from adrock:

Really? I was invoiced weeks ago...I was told JJP requested all funds for CE's...no idea when mine will ship

#5375 3 years ago

Tech Question: I Need to raise my slash spin disk a hair. Is there an easy adjustment for that? Is it just tightening the screw underneath?

7E86CB16-B53A-4A5A-81BB-91E0ABCF0ECE (resized).jpeg7E86CB16-B53A-4A5A-81BB-91E0ABCF0ECE (resized).jpeg
Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#5376 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Tech Question: I Need to raise my slash spin disk a hair. Is there an easy adjustment for that? Is it just tightening the screw underneath?

Loosen ( unscrew ) the big white disc with the knobs. Use the screw to raise or lower. Then retighten the disc with the knobs.

#5377 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Tech Question: I Need to raise my slash spin disk a hair. Is there an easy adjustment for that? Is it just tightening the screw underneath?[quoted image]

Screenshot 2021-01-26 150127 (resized).pngScreenshot 2021-01-26 150127 (resized).png
#5378 3 years ago

Lloyd has it correct I'm just backing it up with an unneeded drawing

#5379 3 years ago

Lloyd has it correct I'm just backing it up with an unneeded drawing

LTG to the rescue! I must stop in and drop some coin on Sunday!

#5380 3 years ago

I'm just backing it up with an unneeded drawing

Drawing helps. The more help the merrier !

#5381 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

The more help the merrier !

Doesn't that perspective eventually lead to auditions for My 600lb Life?

#5382 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Did you try just tightening the bottom screw? Seems like most only had an issue per the bulletin with the lower screw coming loose which takes but a minute to tighten.

I tried tightening the bottom screw. There are still up and down play and I did not want to break the screw. But definitely seemed to help.

#5383 3 years ago
Quoted from eagleeyemma:

I tried tightening the bottom screw. There are still up and down play and I did not want to break the screw. But definitely seemed to help.

Up and down is fine as long as it is level with the playfield when lowered. Gravity keeps it from going up when the playfield is down. What you don't want is side to side wobble.

#5384 3 years ago

Up and down is easy.....its when you want to center it perfectly in the hole because you are over the top OCD that gets a bit more difficult....

#5385 3 years ago

Just for an update. I got a Netgear AC600 Dual Band wireless ac adapter (model number A6100) from the local office depot and it worked fine with the machine as well. Hopefully everyone is getting their games updated and wifi working.

#5386 3 years ago

For those who have their machine already, can you plug in headphones? Or do you have to use the Bluetooth?

It’s Bluetooth only, what models have confirmed to work well?

Thx

#5387 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Really? I was invoiced weeks ago...I was told JJP requested all funds for CE's...no idea when mine will ship

I have only been asked to pay the $1000 JJP deposit so far

#5388 3 years ago
Quoted from adrock:

For those who have their machine already, can you plug in headphones? Or do you have to use the Bluetooth?
Thx

Yes you can use headphones there is a jack on the front

#5389 3 years ago

Played Paticnce almost to the end. When I lost the ball it said I was only 52 seconds into it. I was bummed but this machine is awesome. Hope more songs get added as the code gets updated. And for everyone waiting i know it sucks but it will be worth the wait.

#5390 3 years ago
Quoted from adrock:

I have only been asked to pay the $1000 JJP deposit so far

I was asked to pay in full 2-3 weeks ago....no word yet on when my game ships. My guess is 2-4 weeks out....at some point it will arrive

#5391 3 years ago

This game took so many awards last night

#5392 3 years ago
Quoted from adrock:

Thx

The BT connectivity on this game is still jacked. You'll get to make an initial connection, but you won't be able to discover or reconnect that same BT device once you power down the game. Same applies if you try to use two different sets of the same product (for example, two sets of Galaxy Buds+). Based on my testing, once it recognizes one, it won't recognize anything with the same device name.

HEADPHONES
I have successfully tested the following:

- Bose Sports Earbuds
- Jabra Elite 75T
- Sony WF-SP800N
- UA/JBL Project Rock X
- Yamaha E700
**Recognized AirPods Pro, but would not connect.

For now, I recommend a good set of over-the-ear wired cans (preferably something decent with 40mm drivers). ANC is nice, but not mandatory.

SPEAKERS
- Yamaha TSR-700 AVR (output to 4 in-ceiling speakers above the game + 8" sub)
- Yamaha C20 soundbar
- JBL Control X
- JBL Charge

As you can imagine, the in-ceiling speakers were awesome. The powered JBL Control X stereo pair is also sweet. I would place the sound bar at #3.
Don't bother wasting your time with a small portable speaker. Your ears deserve better, so just stick with the GNR speakers.

Of course, for the speaker, you can always go wired vs. Bluetooth, but I prefer the versatility that comes with Bluetooth.

I'm positive that JJP will get it worked out.

#5393 3 years ago
Quoted from highdef:

The BT connectivity on this game is still jacked. You'll get to make an initial connection, but you won't be able to discover or reconnect that same BT device once you power down the game. Same applies if you try to use two different sets of the same product (for example, two sets of Galaxy Buds+). Based on my testing, once it recognizes one, it won't recognize anything with the same device name.
HEADPHONES
- Bose Sports Earbuds
- Jabra Elite 75T
- Sony WF-SP800N
- UA/JBL Project Rock X
- Yamaha E700
**Recognized AirPods Pro, but would not connect.
For now, I recommend a good set of over-the-ear wired cans (preferably something decent with 40mm drivers). ANC is nice, but not mandatory.
SPEAKERS
- Yamaha TSR-700 AVR (output to 4 in-ceiling speakers above the game + 8" sub)
- Yamaha C20 soundbar
- JBL Control X
- JBL Charge
As you can imagine, the in-ceiling speakers were awesome. The powered JBL Control X stereo pair is also sweet. I would place the sound bar at #3.
Don't bother wasting your time with a small portable speaker. Your ears deserve better, so just stick with the GNR speakers.
Of course, for the speaker, you can always go wired vs. Bluetooth, but I prefer versatility that comes with Bluetooth.
I'm positive that JP will get it worked out.

Can you do a line out to your home entertainment system

#5394 3 years ago

Like I said!

D5D6823A-FC09-48A6-B0F0-52BEBECCAD97 (resized).jpegD5D6823A-FC09-48A6-B0F0-52BEBECCAD97 (resized).jpeg
#5395 3 years ago

Game of the year. Love it.

#5396 3 years ago
Quoted from eagleeyemma:

Played Paticnce almost to the end. When I lost the ball it said I was only 52 seconds into it. I was bummed but this machine is awesome. Hope more songs get added as the code gets updated. And for everyone waiting i know it sucks but it will be worth the wait.

Stupid question, you only get Patience at a certain point during game play or once it is unlocked, it stays unlocked? Thanks.

#5397 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

Stupid question, you only get Patience at a certain point during game play or once it is unlocked, it stays unlocked? Thanks.

You unlock it by collecting the Lies Album patch, and once a song is qualified, you can select Patience as the song. Once qualified, it stays qualified for the remainder of the game.

#5398 3 years ago
Quoted from PinballGalore:

This game took so many awards last night

Is there a list of the official results posted anywhere?? I cant find anything.

#5399 3 years ago
Quoted from DrJoe:

You unlock it by collecting the Lies Album patch, and once a song is qualified, you can select Patience as the song. Once qualified, it stays qualified for the remainder of the game.

Ok, thanks. I was hoping it would stay available for future games. Too bad one of the best songs is not readily available.

#5400 3 years ago

Hey guys, is the Standard worth the money?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Machine - For Sale
Purcellville, VA
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 210.00
€ 69.00
Pinball Machine
Multiball mods

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Islamorada, FL
$ 60.00
Hardware
Pin Parts

$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 40.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

7,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

7,998 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Georgetown, KY
$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 28,388 posts in this topic. You are on page 108 of 568.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/108 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.