IMG_2435.gif
IMG_0331.gif
IMG_2432.gif
IMG_2249 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5614 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5615 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5616 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

78 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 28,080 posts in this topic. You are on page 106 of 562.
#5251 3 years ago
Quoted from thechakapakuni:

Soooo, does anybody know a rough ETA on delivery of LEs if you were ordering in the next week or so? I’m guessing there’s a several month backlog but curious if distributors or JJP have an ETA

June would be a good guess.

#5252 3 years ago

Just downloaded 1.12 for my LE. What are the reports on the new code? Anything added?

#5253 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Just downloaded 1.12 for my LE. What are the reports on the new code? Anything added?

There's supposed to be a fix for the left diverter to keep it from getting so hot. Dunno if it's in 1.12, but it's something to look for.

#5254 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

There's supposed to be a fix for the left diverter to keep it from getting so hot. Dunno if it's in 1.12, but it's something to look for.

How do you "look for" it? I've never had a diverter issue over 1K games played.

#5255 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

How do you "look for" it? I've never had a diverter issue over 1K games played.

Unless you had a temp gauge on it, you wouldn't know how hot it was getting - but it gets HOT on long plays. 219.9F in the last test. I'm assuming they changed the way the diverter works so it's not holding all the time. Maybe they just changed the pulses to it in hold, I dunno. Or, maybe 1.12 doesn't have the change yet...

#5256 3 years ago

Soooo, does anybody know a rough ETA on delivery of LEs if you were ordering in the next week or so? I’m guessing there’s a several month backlog but curious if distributors or JJP have an ETA

I ordered the day of the reveal, and I’m still waiting... so I’d think ~3 months, but really that’s just a guess. No idea what their backlog looks like.

#5257 3 years ago

Ok, thanks. Yeah I figure if I order here I’ll have something hopefully by summer

#5258 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Just downloaded 1.12 for my LE.

Where did you download it from ? It's not on the website.

LTG : )

#5259 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Where did you download it from ? It's not on the website.

I just updated mine using wifi in the game.

#5260 3 years ago
Quoted from Shredso:

I just updated mine using wifi in the game.

Thank you. That's neat. I just updated mine.

#5261 3 years ago

Haven’t downloaded yet. Is there a readme file on the update?

#5262 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Haven’t downloaded yet. Is there a readme file on the update?

When you pull the update up via wifi on your machine, the change log displays on the screen. Looks to mainly be added light effects for the undercab and backbox LEDs on the CE and some bug fixes.

#5263 3 years ago
20210125_212608 (resized).jpg20210125_212608 (resized).jpg
#5264 3 years ago

Wow , this game is unreal. So much to do and I have only scratched the surface and on early code. It might be the only machine that would satisfy a pinhead in a 1 machine lineup.

#5265 3 years ago

What are peoples feelings on the standard? I can't afford anything above it really but am still tempted by this game. Seems a lot of pin for the money. Anyone own one? How is it?

#5266 3 years ago
Quoted from Huggers:

What are peoples feelings on the standard? I can't afford anything above it really but am still tempted by this game. Seems a lot of pin for the money. Anyone own one? How is it?

I played the SE on location and had a blast with my kids. It’s what made me pull the trigger on a LE, but the SE was still fun.

#5267 3 years ago
Quoted from Huggers:

I'd save a little longer and get an LE. The omissions take too much away from the experience IMO.

#5268 3 years ago

Bluetooth is still wonky.
You can make an initial connection with a previously connected BT device, but as with v1.08, you won't be able to reconnect again once you power down the game.

#5269 3 years ago

Just a reminder for everyone to vote in the twip's and obviously put GNR game of the year , as it deserves to be .
https://twipys.com/2020-twipys-ballot/

#5270 3 years ago
Quoted from Huggers:

I picked up an SE last week after playing an LE on location quite a bit.

Game play is faster than the LE due to the no upper playfield ball lock, lightshow is still good without the RGB hotrails but not as overwhelmingly breathtaking, art package on the SE is meh for me but that's subjective.

My pals were wowwed by the SE over the weekend and it's was a big hit.

Will I be upgrading to the LE after all? Most likely. Im an rbg freak, GNR fan, and the extras on the LE make it worth it IMO.

Is the SE a bad game? Totally not. It's also awesome, just not as loaded as the LE. If I wasn't so pinball ADD there's a chance I stick with the SE as there's great staying power there and a whole lot of value for the price tag.

There's my 2 pennies.

#5271 3 years ago

I got an SE thinking that I might upgrade down the road but now there is no chance. The SE is a fantastic game- though a very different game than the LE.

I think of it as the shooters version of GnR. It plays much faster and has much better flow than the LE. It’s a great pure shooter- shoots more like a stern than any JJP (that’s a good thing). Visually it’s much more open so you can see the ball travel, it almost has an old school look with how flat the playfield is in the center, I love it. The light show is a 9.5/10 vs a 10/10... still the best in pinball.

What makes GnR pinball special is the music, assets, and lightshow. The SE has all of that and puts in a fast flowy package. Perfection!

I agree that the art is the “worst” of the 3-but it’s still fantastic! It depicts a scene straight from the game in original art. Better than most other pins out there.

I have a feeling that once the SE becomes more widely available it will develop a cult following of its own with many preferring it to the LE.

#5272 3 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Someone made a mod board to eliminate this pop on start up in the Hobbit thread.
I could never figure out why it upset people so much, but if you want it gone, search the Hobbit thread for it.

I have one in my pirates but didn't have one in both my dialed in and hobbit. The noise makes you jump when your not expecting it!

https://pinballmods.co/jersey-jack-pinball-mods/jjp-startup-pop-eliminator-device

#5273 3 years ago
Quoted from koops:

I have one in my pirates but didn't have one in both my dialed in and hobbit. The noise makes you jump when your not expecting it!
https://pinballmods.co/jersey-jack-pinball-mods/jjp-startup-pop-eliminator-device

I like the Pop at the start up , let's you know the Pinball is alive

#5274 3 years ago

The SE is missing quite a bit of the light show.

The upper play field is crucial from a strategic aspect. There are so many multi balls, there is more than enough action to take a short break every now and again.

This game is a strategic masterpiece, if you have an LE.

#5275 3 years ago

OK I’m putting this out here once again not sure if there is enough GNRLE’s out in the world yet or if I am the only one having this issue but I have contacted support and so far we are hitting a brick wall. JJP has been very responsive though FYI as well as LTG.

This is not a huge deal but I would like it to connect for convenience for updates I know I can always get them manually from the website it doesn’t affect gameplay just looking for solutions.

I can’t seem to get it to connect to any network.

1. It sees my networks
2. I have plugged the dongle in to the board underneath the plastic cover and plugged it into the cable to the left of the coin box.
3. Password is correct
4. I’ve tried resetting my router multiple times.
5. Accepted the terms etc.
6. Signal strength is fantastic in the house.

It’s almost like something is unplugged somewhere? It’ll say reconnecting to network and then after about a minute gets disconnected again. Any ideas?

A6EE1168-917C-457B-B6B5-B498025152FA (resized).jpegA6EE1168-917C-457B-B6B5-B498025152FA (resized).jpeg
#5276 3 years ago

best case, they wrap up CE production by the end of February, switch back to LE and maybe by mid-late march? I don't know, no one is saying anything but that seems to be the current best case speculation and that is ONLY IF you were a day one (or perhaps week-1) preorder...anything beyond that the backlog probably puts it to later in spring.

#5277 3 years ago
Quoted from Bmanpin:

OK I’m putting this out here once again not sure if there is enough GNRLE’s out in the world yet or if I am the only one having this issue but I have contacted support and so far we are hitting a brick wall. JJP has been very responsive though FYI as well as LTG.
This is not a huge deal but I would like it to connect for convenience for updates I know I can always get them manually from the website it doesn’t affect gameplay just looking for solutions.
1. It sees my networks
2. I have plugged the dongle in to the board underneath the plastic cover and plugged it into the cable to the left of the coin box.
3. Password is correct
It’s almost like something is unplugged somewhere? It’ll say reconnecting to network and then after about a minute gets disconnected again. Any ideas?[quoted image]

If you have an iPhone, try internet connection sharing from that - can the pin connect to that? If so, it may be a weird incompatibility with your router.

#5278 3 years ago

Well, I'm in! Guessing June-July time-frame for LE. My wife was like "You don't even like Guns N Roses, name three songs!"

#5279 3 years ago

I Want to hook up a powered speaker to my gnr from the red and white rca outputs in the back box. Can anyone tell me if it will work taking the unbalanced signal and using an rca to a splitter that goes to a 3.5 mm trc stereo input on the powered speaker? I am not sure and just looking to see if that will work. See pics below.

6EDBA8B8-49ED-48E2-AA46-44B21D177627 (resized).jpeg6EDBA8B8-49ED-48E2-AA46-44B21D177627 (resized).jpegC9FEA80B-AEE0-48FD-B7E1-0629EF4E6CDA (resized).pngC9FEA80B-AEE0-48FD-B7E1-0629EF4E6CDA (resized).png
#5280 3 years ago

Anyone know If I can buy a headphone jack adapter from JJP?

#5281 3 years ago

Called support for the qsc k12 speaker and they said yes that is what the 3.5 mm stereo input is for it sums it to mono. Haaa cant wait to hook it up and hit song mode!

#5282 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Anyone know If I can buy a headphone jack adapter from JJP?

You sure can, pretty easy install also

#5283 3 years ago
Quoted from Skipnatty:

You sure can, pretty easy install also

I can’t seem to find it online? Did you have to email them?

#5284 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

I can’t seem to find it online? Did you have to email them?

Best just to call sales probably, but I'm sure email works too if you'd rather

#5285 3 years ago
Quoted from jhoward1082:

When you pull the update up via wifi on your machine, the change log displays on the screen. Looks to mainly be added light effects for the undercab and backbox LEDs on the CE and some bug fixes.

Quoted from highdef:

[quoted image]

Thanks. I’ll take a look when I get time to update mine. I was more curious on 1.09, 1.10, and 1.11 patch notes as prior to that, we were on 1.08.

#5286 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Thanks. I’ll take a look when I get time to update mine. I was more curious on 1.09, 1.10, and 1.11 patch notes as prior to that, we were on 1.08.

The change log has all the previous update notes as well. Honestly all the updates from 1.09 to 1.12 contain the same stuff it looks like, code for the additional CE lights and bug fixes

#5287 3 years ago
Quoted from arzoo:

Well, I'm in! Guessing June-July time-frame for LE. My wife was like "You don't even like Guns N Roses, name three songs!"

Hahahahah ... your wife must be friends with my wife

#5288 3 years ago
Quoted from Bmanpin:

1. It sees my networks
3. Password is correct
It’s almost like something is unplugged somewhere? It’ll say reconnecting to network and then after about a minute gets disconnected again. Any ideas?[quoted image]

Could be a bad WiFi dongle. I swapped in another and it fixed the problem I was seeing (which was very much like this)

#5289 3 years ago
Quoted from jhoward1082:

The change log has all the previous update notes as well. Honestly all the updates from 1.09 to 1.12 contain the same stuff it looks like, code for the additional CE lights and bug fixes

Cool thanks! So no desert demolition yet

#5290 3 years ago
2021-01-26 (2) (resized).png2021-01-26 (2) (resized).png
#5291 3 years ago

Anyone know the wait time for SE's?

#5292 3 years ago
Quoted from attack7777:

Could be a bad WiFi dongle. I swapped in another and it fixed the problem I was seeing (which was very much like this)

A couple other thoughts. Be sure the cable by the cash box is lugged into the motherboard. Or try plugging the dingle into a spare USB port on the motherboard.

#5293 3 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

I like the Pop at the start up , let's you know the Pinball is alive

Can't really call it a pop if you are comparing it to my Whirlwind. It sometimes makes a crack like a rifle on power up.

#5294 3 years ago

Got an arrival notice, machines should be hitting the land of oz this week.

Excited to say the least.

#5295 3 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Can't really call it a pop if you are comparing it to my Whirlwind. It sometimes makes a crack like a rifle on power up.

Ha Ha I suppose it does sound like bang bang

#5296 3 years ago
Quoted from Bmanpin:

1. It sees my networks
3. Password is correct

What model router do you have?
Is both g and n enabled?
What frequency are you using, 2.4ghz or 5ghz (or both)?
What channel are you using (channel number or auto)?

#5297 3 years ago
Quoted from attack7777:

Interesting, Haven’t tried this solution yet. Will anyone do or do you have a specific link to something that would be comparable??

#5298 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

What model router do you have?
Is both g and n enabled?
What frequency are you using, 2.4ghz or 5ghz (or both)?
What channel are you using (channel number or auto)?

It’s a crazy Netgear gaming router I have both g and n enabled. Both frequencies are open. I’m actually unsure of the channel number.

#5299 3 years ago
Quoted from Bmanpin:

It’s a crazy Netgear gaming router I have both g and n enabled. Both frequencies are open. I’m actually unsure of the channel number.

Yes, but what exact model and version (if available) is printed on the router?

I'd try limiting the router to wireless g and one frequency (2.4Ghz first) and one channel (6 or 11 are best). Then see what you get for a connection. If you still can't connect, switch just the frequency to from 2.4 to 5Ghz only on the router and try again. You have too many variables, so you need to restrict them on the router side to find the issue.

#5300 3 years ago
Quoted from Bmanpin:

in case you didn't already try this, make sure you have your wifi password correct in terms of lower case/upper case. I had trouble initially connecting using upper case letters, switched to all lower case and it immediately worked. Pretty nice to be able to update via wifi.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fairmount, IN
$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Sound/Speakers
13,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Concord, CA
$ 649.95
Lighting - Interactive
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Interactive
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 210.00
Flipper Parts
Pin Monk
Flipper parts
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro
Pinball Machine
6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Easton, MA
$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
Hardware
Pinball Haven
Hardware
$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 100.00
Boards
Led Pinball
Boards
€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
Machine - For Sale
Purcellville, VA
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball
Electronics
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 28,080 posts in this topic. You are on page 106 of 562.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/106 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.