IMG_2676.gif
IMG_0960 (resized).jpeg
image1 (resized).jpeg
image0 (resized).jpeg
GnRAllenWrenchMod (resized).jpg
200w.gif
IMG_2222 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

78 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 28,410 posts in this topic. You are on page 101 of 569.
#5001 3 years ago

Greed is good. This game was made for it.

Quoted from Eskaybee:

I may be getting too greedy

#5002 3 years ago

CE coming in the morning from R&L. Can’t wait to join the club.

#5003 3 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

I’ll bring the beer and coke just tell me how to ge there!!!

#5004 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

After owning this game for 2 months now, there is one thing that sticks out like a sore thumb. It's not JJP's fault - it's my nostalgia conflicting with the late tour GnR clips in this game, specifically axel. He's just not the rocker I remember - I think old school axel. The rest of the band, especially slash, look great for their age.
I kind of wish I could take DE's GnR art and call outs and merge it with this game, using old school video clips (not this new tour with new people or the aging axel). I know - impossible.
Ultimately, this game does a lot well but it also stumbles in a few areas. I keep on planning to do a proper review b/c there is so much to go over but haven't had the time yet. It's def the next chapter in interaction/lights/sound but if I wasn't a gnr fan, the weaknesses would stick out much more. It does flow better than I anticipated but when I look next to my pirates, I can't help but to think if Eric had the old school JJP budget, what else would be in here. More to come but if you're an active kaneda listener, temp your expectations on this one b/c the hype train doesn't fully deliver (and no, the CE doesn't change this at all - in fact you have to be out of your mind to spend more than 15k on that). GnR fans should enjoy it though - solid game that brings something fresh to the industry.

I would like the old school video as well. I'm guessing it's not high quality enough for the machine? The new stuff seems to be pretty high quality.

#5005 3 years ago

Well, it’s an 80’s pin, so all that’s missing is a stripper to do the coke off of.

Quoted from romulusx:

#5006 3 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

Well, it’s an 80’s pin, so all that’s missing is a stripper to do the coke off of.

Reminds me of my youth!And they said coke was not addictive Haha

#5007 3 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

So you need to drop $7K-10K, bring it home and judge it? That's some pricey judging.

^ Bought Avengers premium blind didn't like it. Going forward i wont buy anything until I'm able to play it in person.

#5008 3 years ago
Quoted from Looprunner:

I would like the old school video as well. I'm guessing it's not high quality enough for the machine? The new stuff seems to be pretty high quality.

The best pro-shot stuff from the original band (by original I’m saying the UYI lineup- the most recent cool Axl ) was the Live Era release, which is DVD quality. So somewhat of a downgrade.

But don’t forget that JJP spent weeks (months?) doing the video sync to the original tracks. So unless you want to spend countless hours on syncing the video... you’d have to use the live audio... but then it wouldn’t sync with the light show..

Let’s just be happy for all the cool work that they did on editing the recent live stuff! I mean yeah Axl isn’t as dangerous as he was in the 90s... but he looks a heck of a lot better than he did a few years ago during Chinese Democracy (fat Axl)

#5009 3 years ago

This fat Axel argument is hilarious.
In an over enlightened woke ass country we can still make fun of a middle aged white man!

#5010 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

This fat Axel argument is hilarious.
In an over enlightened woke ass country we can still make fun of a middle aged white man!

Must be a bunch of young body builders on Pinside.....

#5011 3 years ago
Quoted from insight75:

Must be a bunch of young body builders on Pinside.....

Oh that’s right it’s been awhile since I’ve been to a pin show!It’s amazing how good of shape everyone was in

#5012 3 years ago
Quoted from adrock:

The best pro-shot stuff from the original band (by original I’m saying the UYI lineup- the most recent cool Axl ) was the Live Era release, which is DVD quality. So somewhat of a downgrade.
But don’t forget that JJP spent weeks (months?) doing the video sync to the original tracks. So unless you want to spend countless hours on syncing the video... you’d have to use the live audio... but then it wouldn’t sync with the light show..
Let’s just be happy for all the cool work that they did on editing the recent live stuff! I mean yeah Axl isn’t as dangerous as he was in the 90s... but he looks a heck of a lot better than he did a few years ago during Chinese Democracy (fat Axl)

Good points! I don't mind old Axl. I would like to see all those retro concerts and videos from when I was a dumb kid. Lol

#5013 3 years ago
Quoted from Looprunner:

Good points! I don't mind old Axl. I would like to see all those retro concerts and videos from when I was a dumb kid. Lol

Just a little footage from live at the Ritz would have been epic....like the intro to welcome to the jungle.....

#5014 3 years ago
Quoted from Looprunner:

I can agree that when this was announced being based off of the current tour I was initially disappointed. I wanted the music videos and the band from our youth. The art I was hoping for was similar to the DE game but updated and nicer. After seeing the release, and understanding the theme was the current tour, I can’t say that I was really mad. It was different. It was current. It had ever aspect from the concert I went to the year before. The skeleton art is amazing and timeless. I truly look at it as the not in this lifetime tour game. If I could change anything, I would love to sprinkle in some original music video clips from our youth, but I totally understand why there not in there currently and I’m ok with that.

#5015 3 years ago
Quoted from insight75:

Just a little footage from live at the Ritz would have been epic....like the intro to welcome to the jungle.....

If you’re a GnR fan and don’t know this show.. watch it... immediately

Love the way he intros Slash

#5016 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Man, GNR has been absolutely kicking my ass today. I’ve had many games where I couldn’t even start a song - I may be getting too greedy and trying to get too many patches. Cherish those applause JPs and encores when you get them people!

Well shit, finally a break thru game tonight...or so I thought. Got all the patches I wanted to go into paradise city. Got the song jackpot to 66 mil, only about 20-30 seconds left in the song, and you guesssed it - drain! Lost it all! Someone just kick me in the nuts and call it a night.

#5017 3 years ago

Current Axl actually sounds really damn good. The show I went to was on 4/8/16, he broke his leg so he was sitting the whole time, but I think he sang better because of it.

I had a friend go a couple years later and he was very pleased with how Axl sounded. I’ve listened to a couple boots and I think he sounded great.

Get over how he looks.

#5018 3 years ago
Quoted from adrock:

If you’re a GnR fan and don’t know this show.. watch it... immediately
Love the way he intros Slash

Wow lots of energy!I used that snake move on the dance floor the chicks loved it. Good music bad the video would be so grainy.Check out this one on You Tube see if anyone knows the intro song?

IMG_1084 (resized).PNGIMG_1084 (resized).PNG
#5019 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

You might want to leave now. I’m in va.

#5020 3 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

You might want to leave now. I’m in va.

I drove 22hours to pick up my first pin Whirlwind two days before Christmas 2007

#5021 3 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Enjoy it. You have been waiting long enough. Just a bit longer for me. February my LE arrives.

#5022 3 years ago
Quoted from cybevenom:

Enjoy it. You have been waiting long enough. Just a bit longer for me. February my LE arrives.

Thank you. We all have been waiting but its worth it. Excited for sure.

#5023 3 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

I can agree that when this was announced being based off of the current tour I was initially disappointed. I wanted the music videos and the band from our youth. The art I was hoping for was similar to the DE game but updated and nicer. After seeing the release, and understanding the theme was the current tour, I can’t say that I was really mad. It was different. It was current. It had ever aspect from the concert I went to the year before. The skeleton art is amazing and timeless. I truly look at it as the not in this lifetime tour game. If I could change anything, I would love to sprinkle in some original music video clips from our youth, but I totally understand why there not in there currently and I’m ok with that.

The art truly is awesome. That's the first thing people say to me when they see the machine!

#5024 3 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Congrats bud!! We probably won't hear from you for months now ... lol

#5025 3 years ago
Quoted from Dallas_Pin:

Congrats bud!! We probably won't hear from you for months now ... lol

I will show pics and whatever anyone needs. Hopefully I have the correct topper cables. My corner is ready. Dolly ready for R&L.

DA5CC2C0-CF7C-4EFF-A797-F38D74594F81 (resized).jpegDA5CC2C0-CF7C-4EFF-A797-F38D74594F81 (resized).jpegE22ACC1A-8740-484F-A16D-B6DF707B573B (resized).jpegE22ACC1A-8740-484F-A16D-B6DF707B573B (resized).jpeg
Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#5026 3 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

I will show pics and whatever anyone needs. Hopefully I have the correct topper cables. My corner is ready. Dolly ready for R&L.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Now That is anticipation! lol So, how many times did you measure to see if the topper would fit in that alcove overhang? lol

#5027 3 years ago

Is there a definitive fix for the ball travel being interrupted between the inlanes and the flippers? Someone should key post that if there is. Man is that annoying! You anticipate the ball moving at the same speed down the flipper and BANG, it slows to a halt once it hits the flipper. This is my today's project to remedy

Other than that and a quick sensor calibration via the in-game service menu my CE has been issue free out of the box! This is a great sign from JJP! Congrats to the whole team!

#5028 3 years ago
Quoted from Vitty:

Is there a definitive fix for the ball travel being interrupted between the inlanes and the flippers? Someone should key post that if there is. Man is that annoying! You anticipate the ball moving at the same speed down the flipper and BANG, it slows to a halt once it hits the flipper. This is my today's project to remedy
Other than that and a quick sensor calibration via the in-game service menu my CE has been issue free out of the box! This is a great sign from JJP! Congrats to the whole team!

The flipper flow is a serious problem in my opinion and the biggest annoyance. That said, two things to fix it:
1. Replace the factory rubbers. Try different kinds to suit your fit.
2. Realign the flippers so they are parallel with the inlane guides. I talked to Karl briefly about it and if you notice in his streams, his are adjusted this way and his flipper flow is outstanding. Tip: careful not to overtighten the nut - I did this and snapped the bolt JJP sent me a replacement and I ordered a few extra along with sleeves and coil stops at PBL.

Side note: I am nearing 500 plays in approx 6 weeks. Just a tad under 100 plays/wk haha.

#5029 3 years ago

Any tips on how to keep the ball from going SDTM from the plunger? That is the most annoying thing for me at the moment.

#5030 3 years ago
Quoted from lpgnr:

Any tips on how to keep the ball from going SDTM from the plunger? That is the most annoying thing for me at the moment.

Properly set pitch level in ALL directions. After I never had an issue.

#5031 3 years ago

What pitch do you have it set at? My game is level horizontally, and I have it 6.5 degrees vertically (2nd line on the level meter, per the instructions).

#5032 3 years ago
Quoted from lpgnr:

Try adjusting the gate that deflects it into play. The nut on the right is on a guide and easily adjustable. I brought mine down a bit so it is more perpendicular to the lane to help slow down the pace of the ball and that seemed to help. I may need to play a little bit more with it as I still get it every once in awhile.

I’m at a 6.8 pitch.

B1A02AC1-1E3F-4DC4-BF7F-75758D17F701 (resized).jpegB1A02AC1-1E3F-4DC4-BF7F-75758D17F701 (resized).jpeg

#5033 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Try adjusting the gate that deflects it into play. The nut on the right is on a guide and easily adjustable. I brought mine down a bit so it is more perpendicular to the lane to help slow down the pace of the ball and that seemed to help. I may need to play a little bit more with it as I still get it every once in awhile. [quoted image]

I’ll try that. Thanks!

#5034 3 years ago
Quoted from Vitty:

Loosen the screws on the lane guides. Push the end by the flipper upwards and tighten all screws. This will eliminate, or at least reduce, the “flipper hop” you’re experiencing.

#5035 3 years ago
Quoted from lpgnr:

What pitch do you have it set at? My game is level horizontally, and I have it 6.5 degrees vertically (2nd line on the level meter, per the instructions).

6.8 as posted to 7 seems to work great. Just needs a Bit more umphh out of the lane to find its way to the flipper and avoid the sling. More then likely wrong but my assumption is they note "second line on bubble = 6.5" as more of a reference. How you play, your floor, how fast you like it, and fine tuning define the actual pitch setting. A guideline starting point. Just my opinion.

#5036 3 years ago

When you guys power up your game, do the lights all come on instantly for a few moments before shutting off for the boot sequence? Mine does this, including the hotrails, and it seems unusual.

#5037 3 years ago
Quoted from DrJoe:

When you guys power up your game, do the lights all come on instantly for a few moments before shutting off for the boot sequence? Mine does this, including the hotrails, and it seems unusual.

Same and normal.

#5038 3 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

[quoted image][quoted image]

We’re waiting...

414E3683-3DCC-48C3-AA5C-388872A13034.gif414E3683-3DCC-48C3-AA5C-388872A13034.gif
#5039 3 years ago
Quoted from DrJoe:

I don’t know. I usually flip the power switch then go make dinner, bathe the kids, paint the house, and come back later to see if it’s done powering up.

#5040 3 years ago

So I posted a couple days ago I had issues with the switches/sensors going nuts, reboot fixed it. Turned game on again today, same thing happened. Had to run the calibration test two times before it corrected the issue. Do I have an issue here and need to open a ticket, is it just coincidence it happened again, or is it common to have to adjust the sensors so frequently? It’s literally been maybe 5 games between the last calibration and this one today.

What causes these sensors to get out of whack?

Thx

#5041 3 years ago

This game is sick. Holy shit. I love it. Beautiful and plays great right out of the box. All connections to the topper are there as well. Only small issue is the spring to the plunger is to weak. It won’t even make it past the gate. I can switch out the but the ones I have are too powerful so the skill shot is to hard to make. Other than that, I’m loving it. See ya later. Going back to learn new stuff.

244CEDB9-9CBC-48B5-946F-CD21EDA8F416 (resized).jpeg244CEDB9-9CBC-48B5-946F-CD21EDA8F416 (resized).jpeg5341FEA9-DFF7-474D-964A-4A6FCC9627AA (resized).jpeg5341FEA9-DFF7-474D-964A-4A6FCC9627AA (resized).jpeg83A85625-A37C-428C-BDA5-029B8ED25530 (resized).jpeg83A85625-A37C-428C-BDA5-029B8ED25530 (resized).jpegCE2936C5-3D37-4522-82EA-6A5EF8ED53F5 (resized).jpegCE2936C5-3D37-4522-82EA-6A5EF8ED53F5 (resized).jpegDE41AEB9-5C54-4927-A524-F06C1230B976 (resized).jpegDE41AEB9-5C54-4927-A524-F06C1230B976 (resized).jpegE6F11F9E-FF94-4ABA-8741-5053FD216845 (resized).jpegE6F11F9E-FF94-4ABA-8741-5053FD216845 (resized).jpeg

#5042 3 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

This game is sick. Holy shit. I love it.

Congratulations! Enjoy it!

#5043 3 years ago

Apologies if this has been covered in the topic before, but I was wondering if anyone else is having consistent problems with the kinetic diverters in the guitar ball lock on the upper playfield? I will often get a ball stuck at the very tip of where the diverter would normally allow the ball to pass through to the six sensors. Also it is common when I have three balls locked on one side of the guitar ball-lock, another ball will be fed to that same side and subsequently not register bc it was fed to be essentially the 4th ball on that side which does not have a sensor obviously (and I have to take the glass off during the middle of the game). I have tried loosening and tightening the screw that is on this three pointed star type diverter but nothing seems to change it. Any solutions and/or stories about experiencing the same problem would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

#5044 3 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

This game is sick. Holy shit. I love it.

So glad you got your game. I'd rather be waiting for mine than worrying about how long till you got yours.

#5045 3 years ago

Finally here!. Great game

14A964AE-32A7-46A8-AA94-AF23ACDFF48C (resized).jpeg14A964AE-32A7-46A8-AA94-AF23ACDFF48C (resized).jpeg796CC32A-7D20-4774-AB7D-1DCDD8A3098D (resized).jpeg796CC32A-7D20-4774-AB7D-1DCDD8A3098D (resized).jpeg
#5046 3 years ago
Quoted from Zwovr6:

Finally here!. Great game[quoted image][quoted image]

from automated?

#5047 3 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

This game is sick. Holy shit. I love it. Beautiful and plays great right out of the box. All connections to the topper are there as well. Only small issue is the spring to the plunger is to weak. It won’t even make it past the gate. I can switch out the but the ones I have are too powerful so the skill shot is to hard to make. Other than that, I’m loving it. See ya later. Going back to learn new stuff.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Make sure you didn’t sheer the rubber tip off your plunger like I did lifting and reseating the playfield. There’s barely any room there and it happens easily.

Someone else here on pinside suggested to always pull the plunger back when you lift/drop the playfield in or out to avoid that from happening.

AF27CD55-A1EC-41D2-8B19-3D085046AC77 (resized).pngAF27CD55-A1EC-41D2-8B19-3D085046AC77 (resized).png
#5048 3 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Make sure you didn’t sheer the rubber tip off the plunger like I did.

Someone else here on pinside suggested to always pull the plunger back all the way when lifting/dropping the playfield.

9D750C6E-BEBA-444D-97EB-ABC9164DE53C (resized).jpeg9D750C6E-BEBA-444D-97EB-ABC9164DE53C (resized).jpeg
#5049 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-Obsessed:

Make sure you didn’t sheer the rubber tip off the plunger like I did.
Someone else here on pinside suggested to always pull the plunger back all the way when lifting/dropping the playfield.
[quoted image]

I didn’t. It looks like the plunger kicker is to far forward causing the plunger rod to not make good contact with the pinball.

#5050 3 years ago

Unless there’s something wrong with the plunger outer spring, or the plunger was installed wrong. Shouldn’t have to move it to lift the playfield.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
The MOD Couple

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 210.00
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

Machine - For Sale
Fredericksburg, VA
$ 11,000.00
11,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dracut, MA
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 649.95
Lighting - Interactive
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

7,500 (OBO)
$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

There are 28,410 posts in this topic. You are on page 101 of 569.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/101?hl=pinball-obsessed and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.