IMG_2676.gif
IMG_0960 (resized).jpeg
image1 (resized).jpeg
image0 (resized).jpeg
GnRAllenWrenchMod (resized).jpg
200w.gif
IMG_2222 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

78 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 28,412 posts in this topic. You are on page 100 of 569.
#4951 3 years ago
Quoted from DrJoe:

What are you guys scoring on GNR? 13 Million is my high so far.

I will let you know Monday.

#4952 3 years ago

Had an interesting game. Made a light shot to inner loop during a mode and the ball seemed to disappear. Then I hear Richard saying ”ah oh, the ball is stuck.” I look up at the inner loop and my ball was resting against the rail, near the arrow insert. There is a post there and a slight bulge at the rail so it was a perfect resting spot. How the hell did the game know I had a stuck ball? It was eerie, but I liked it.

#4953 3 years ago
Quoted from DrJoe:

Same for me, but I lost a 34M jackpot yesterday with Estranged song. I'm still crying.

#4954 3 years ago

I'm stuck at 12 million. Still a lot to learn and process. Every time I look at the screen to see what's going on I lose all my balls. How are you guys keeping such good track of lost jackpots?

#4955 3 years ago
Quoted from Leo13:

Same for me, but I lost a 34M jackpot yesterday with Estranged song. I'm still crying.

I was at 15 million but then hit a 37 million jackpot on Welcome to the Jungle. I didn't finish and collected. Lol.

#4956 3 years ago
Quoted from DrJoe:

I've been stuck at around 45M GC for a while now.

#4957 3 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Had an interesting game. Made a light shot to inner loop during a mode and the ball seemed to disappear. Then I hear Richard saying ”ah oh, the ball is stuck.” I look up at the inner loop and my ball was resting against the rail, near the arrow insert. There is a post there and a slight bulge at the rail so it was a perfect resting spot. How the hell did the game know I had a stuck ball? It was eerie, but I liked it.

I've think I know the callout you are talking about but I don't think he says that. Happens sometimes when the ball drops from the upper PF and triggers the opo below.

#4958 3 years ago

What kind of feed are you guys getting from the guitar head ball locks? The left side often drops SDTM on mine, or just barely catches the tip of the right flipper. Are both sides supposed to feed the right flipper?

#4959 3 years ago
Quoted from DrJoe:

What kind of feed are you guys getting from the guitar head ball locks? The left side often drops SDTM on mine, or just barely catches the tip of the right flipper. Are both sides supposed to feed the right flipper?

Play with the coil speed settings. I lowered mine 1 point and that seemed to help.

#4960 3 years ago
Quoted from DrJoe:

My left guitar drop often hits the left ramp return cat walk which sends it sdtm.
I'm going to have to find a way to deaden that first bounce of that metal tab....

#4961 3 years ago
Quoted from DrJoe:

Quoted from Sammy31:

My left guitar drop often hits the left ramp return cat walk which sends it sdtm.
I'm going to have to find a way to deaden that first bounce of that metal tab....

I've been struggling with this issue from the beginning. The ball will bounce up and hit the ramp or catwalk and go sdtm. I put some alien tape on the right half of that drop down step below the left lock. It softens the bounce and pushes it towards the left flipper.

Have been enjoying the game much more since!

#4962 3 years ago

Ball drains, no ball is kicked back into the shooter lane. Switch matrix shows shooter lane 3 and 5 switches as being active and are constantly going open and closed. Where are these switches? Looks like they are on the board.

#4963 3 years ago

Sensors. Tests device test calibrate sensors

#4964 3 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Ball drains, no ball is kicked back into the shooter lane. Switch matrix shows shooter lane 3 and 5 switches as being active and are constantly going open and closed. Where are these switches? Looks like they are on the board.

Every once in a while you will need to calibrate the sensors. Those are your skill shot lights / sensors.

#4965 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinballomatic:

Sensors. Tests device test calibrate sensors

Quoted from kermit24:

Every once in a while you will need to calibrate the sensors. Those are your skill shot lights / sensors.

Thanks, I rebooted and it went back to normal. Figured they were eddy sensors of some sort. If it happens again, I’ll recalibrate.

#4966 3 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Thanks, I rebooted and it went back to normal. Figured they were eddy sensors of some sort. If it happens again, I’ll recalibrate.

They recalibrate on every reboot also.

#4967 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Same thing happens with the six sensors on guitar. I had two sensors going crazy. Went into test and could see 105 & 107 were triggering constantly. They were malfunctioning but they felt secure in place and no wires were broken. I almost started to disassemble the upper playfield but ended up turning game off/on first. Glad I did because the game recalibrated at start up and that fixed the issue, to my disbelief.

#4968 3 years ago

Pin graphics has released new Sabian symbol decals that are theme correct .
I'm going to stick with Zildjian because they're the ones I remember seeing in film clips growing up .

IMG_20210118_003104 (resized).jpgIMG_20210118_003104 (resized).jpgIMG_20210113_222837 (resized).jpgIMG_20210113_222837 (resized).jpg
#4969 3 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Pin graphics has released new Sabian symbol decals that are theme correct .
I'm going to stick with Zildjian because they're the ones I remember seeing in film clips growing up .[quoted image][quoted image]

Fwiw, Adler and Sorum both used Zildjian during their GnR tenure.

I feel the Zildjian decals look better.

Only drawback is that they won’t match the Sabians that Frank uses on the video screen.

#4970 3 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Good guess that JJP know it's going to be a while before they go back on the line and don't want people whining that they are waiting to long.
Smart money may say that they'll open the order process back up for them once they are closer to putting them back on the line.
It's an entitled society nowadays. I want it and i want it now, applies like it does to children with us rich people.

Hope this is true. Finally decided to pull the trigger on a SE and then saw this on the Jersey Jack site and my distro isn’t taking new orders either. Hope this is the case, don’t mind the wait- perhaps back on the line this Summer?

#4971 3 years ago
Quoted from JPloof:

Hope this is true. Finally decided to pull the trigger on a SE and then saw this on the Jersey Jack site and my distro isn’t taking new orders either. Hope this is the case, don’t mind the wait- perhaps back on the line this Summer?

I bet they’ll be back on line around late March early April.

#4972 3 years ago
Quoted from DrJoe:

My GC is a bit over 16 million. I have 4 or 5 games behind it in the 15 million range. I’ve been stuck there for months. Watching Karl stream makes me want to give up, haha. Actually it’s very inspiring to watch and is making me play better I think. Although I’ve caught the “never cash out bug” recently bc of him. Probably keeping my scores down in the short term but may result in a big game in the future.

#4973 3 years ago
Quoted from BeeGee6533:

My GC is a bit over 16 million. I have 4 or 5 games behind it in the 15 million range. I’ve been stuck there for months. Watching Karl stream makes me want to give up, haha. Actually it’s very inspiring to watch and is making me play better I think. Although I’ve caught the “never cash out bug” recently bc of him. Probably keeping my scores down in the short term but may result in a big game in the future.

I had been stuck at 20 million for a month almost. Then I just had a 26 million jackpot and my GC is now 32. I still don't understand the patches or pre-game enough to know what set that particular game apart. I've played and finished the same song since then and only acquired 25% of that jackpot.

#4974 3 years ago

After owning this game for 2 months now, there is one thing that sticks out like a sore thumb. It's not JJP's fault - it's my nostalgia conflicting with the late tour GnR clips in this game, specifically axel. He's just not the rocker I remember - I think old school axel. The rest of the band, especially slash, look great for their age.

I kind of wish I could take DE's GnR art and call outs and merge it with this game, using old school video clips (not this new tour with new people or the aging axel). I know - impossible.

Ultimately, this game does a lot well but it also stumbles in a few areas. I keep on planning to do a proper review b/c there is so much to go over but haven't had the time yet. It's def the next chapter in interaction/lights/sound but if I wasn't a gnr fan, the weaknesses would stick out much more. It does flow better than I anticipated but when I look next to my pirates, I can't help but to think if Eric had the old school JJP budget, what else would be in here. More to come but if you're an active kaneda listener, temp your expectations on this one b/c the hype train doesn't fully deliver (and no, the CE doesn't change this at all - in fact you have to be out of your mind to spend more than 15k on that). GnR fans should enjoy it though - solid game that brings something fresh to the industry.

#4975 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

After owning this game for 2 months now, there is one thing that sticks out like a sore thumb. It's not JJP's fault - it's my nostalgia conflicting with the late tour GnR clips in this game, specifically axel. He's just not the rocker I remember - I think old school axel. The rest of the band, especially slash, look great for their age.
I kind of wish I could take DE's GnR art and call outs and merge it with this game, using old school video clips (not this new tour with new people or the aging axel). I know - impossible.
Ultimately, this game does a lot well but it also stumbles in a few areas. I keep on planning to do a proper review b/c there is so much to go over but haven't had the time yet. It's def the next chapter in interaction/lights/sound but if I wasn't a gnr fan, the weaknesses would stick out much more. It does flow better than I anticipated but when I look next to my pirates, I can't help but to think if Eric had the old school JJP budget, what else would be in here. More to come but if you're an active kaneda listener, temp your expectations on this one b/c the hype train doesn't fully deliver (and no, the CE doesn't change this at all - in fact you have to be out of your mind to spend more than 15k on that). GnR fans should enjoy it though.

I’ve had mine for a month and a half and it just keeps getting better. Different patch strategies, the detail on the guitar locks, mechs, art, is bar none. That feeling when you hit an applause jackpot and go into encore, and coincidentally that feeling of missing a 30mil applause jackpot - yea that happened last night, frantically trying to hit the scoop with two balls and ultimately missing! Drumstick ramps, cymbals jets, there’s just so much detail. The flow and shots come together really well. Call outs, sound effects fit the game really well. The custom guitar licks are awesome - there’s a super cool guitar lick super jackpot in the game that gets me every time. Not gonna spoil it but love it.

Negatives for me: no sound effect on the ball lock gate switch, code needs more polish, and I don’t like playing my other games anymore. GNR is next level.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#4976 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Ultimately, this game does a lot well but it also stumbles in a few areas. I keep on planning to do a proper review b/c there is so much to go over but haven't had the time yet. It's def the next chapter in interaction/lights/sound but if I wasn't a gnr fan, the weaknesses would stick out much more. It does flow better than I anticipated but when I look next to my pirates, I can't help but to think if Eric had the old school JJP budget, what else would be in here. More to come but if you're an active kaneda listener, temp your expectations on this one b/c the hype train doesn't fully deliver (and no, the CE doesn't change this at all - in fact you have to be out of your mind to spend more than 15k on that). GnR fans should enjoy it though - solid game that brings something fresh to the industry.

I am wanting a guns le but yes I agree with you that axel just look like crap but form I can see he has lost a lot of weight after he was fat shamed so much,I do believe that the sounds are the orginal recording and not the live versions you are watching on screen and that is the game saver for me,If the sound was the actual live recording I would probably be out!

The games is pretty cool and I am sure I will get one someday,my HoH is up for trade if the honeymoon has worn off for someone .

#4977 3 years ago

I've got a problem that I'm hoping someone knows how to fix. When the ball drops down the fog hole it draines every time. How do I fix this???

20210117_150437 (resized).jpg20210117_150437 (resized).jpg
#4978 3 years ago

Just noticed the coma ball lock artwork is on the LE. So when someone is ready to receive my apron for this mod PM me.

07428074-632A-4DB3-8D61-6B05B93EE9BE (resized).jpeg07428074-632A-4DB3-8D61-6B05B93EE9BE (resized).jpeg
#4979 3 years ago

Anyone else lost a big applause jackpot because your ball decides to magically stay in the pops the entire time until your flippers are killed?! Ugh...I’m ok with losing a jpot for not hitting the scoop in time if I have a chance and it’s my fault for getting stage fright at the end - that is some of the best frustration in pinball!...but seems like the jackpot timer should pause if you only have one ball in play and it’s in the pops.
Also, is a mystery ‘award’ of being forced to start a song when I don’t have it set up yet supposed to be a reward? Or just more of that codeplay with frustration/satisfaction endorphins!?

#4980 3 years ago
Quoted from Anubis330:

I've got a problem that I'm hoping someone knows how to fix. When the ball drops down the fog hole it draines every time. How do I fix this???
[quoted image]

Check out your ball guide below the drain hole. The end of mine (that ends at the post) was bent back for some reason and would almost always drain out the right out lane. I straightened it up and now the ball always hits higher up the playfield safely.

#4981 3 years ago
Quoted from ArcadeBar:

Anyone else lost a big applause jackpot because your ball decides to magically stay in the pops the entire time until your flippers are killed?! Ugh...I’m ok with losing a jpot for not hitting the scoop in time if I have a chance and it’s my fault for getting stage fright at the end - that is some of the best frustration in pinball!...

That has happened to me quite a few times. It'll just get stuck in that right corner hitting the pops over and over again. Horrible way to lose a jackpot!

#4982 3 years ago
Quoted from rockrand:

I am wanting a guns le but yes I agree with you that axel just look like crap but form I can see he has lost a lot of weight after he was fat shamed so much,I do believe that the sounds are the orginal recording and not the live versions you are watching on screen and that is the game saver for me,If the sound was the actual live recording I would probably be out!
The games is pretty cool and I am sure I will get one someday,my HoH is up for trade if the honeymoon has worn off for someone .

GREAT point. I didn't even think about that. They made a great decision to include the original recordings.

#4983 3 years ago

There is a post with. Small rubber on it at the end of the ball guide. Loosen that (no need to take anything off, get a thin driver or a right angle) push it toward the back of the game and tighten.

Quoted from Anubis330:

[quoted image]

B01F871D-DDC1-4B4F-A9BE-02B9D9349C61 (resized).jpegB01F871D-DDC1-4B4F-A9BE-02B9D9349C61 (resized).jpeg

#4984 3 years ago

How about some clarification on song progress prior to starting album mode? You start a song as vinyl and it takes 2 min until you start silver and win the mode. It takes 2 min to start gold and presumably 2 min more to start platinum and 2 min more to start diamond and finally 2 min more to finish diamond equaling 10 min. However, at cum 3 min of songs on one album, and album is qualified at the scoop. At this point you are unable to qualify another song and if you hit the scoop, you must start album mode. You cannot escape album to select a song. So how can you ever start an album at the platinum or diamond level?? That will require an update to current code to allow one to escape album mode and to start a song. What am I missing here?

Also it looks like there is a second bug in software regarding remembering album progress. Let’s say you qualify a song and play 3 min and start encore and play 1 min and drain. Your song progress should have started to become platinum and album insert should be blinking. Once you start album it uses song progress for scoring but otherwise song progress is no longer important. So you’ve drained the ball, but before you plunge ball ... if you look at your playfield inserts the album insert is not lit and should you enter progress screens, you will see 0 seconds of song progress too. It looks like the beginning of your game. After you plunge the ball and the ball save timer ends, you will now see a solid lit album insert for what you just completed. However, I believe the song is back to vinyl with no progress, sad it seems like it should still show song progress of platinum still for that album. Anyways, there appears to be something non-copacetic about the way progress is shown now.

#4985 3 years ago

You can. Hold down button on lock down bar during normal play and it will turn off album modes.

Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

You cannot escape album to select a song.

#4986 3 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

You can. Hold down button on lock down bar during normal play and it will turn off album modes.

Oh boy I’m going to try it.

#4987 3 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

This is the way.

#4988 3 years ago

I finally managed to find a public guns and roses to play albeit a standard and I got to say I was honestly underwhelmed. I knew the standard was stripped down but not to this point. Game felt very flat looking at it. Everything else was top notch. Artwork, animations, sounds etc. Hoping the Le is/plays dramatically different as I plan to buy one. Other than that the standard problems that seem to plague jjp machines on route. Also I gotta say people were right about the excessive multiballs. I was in multiball more than having just a single ball in play.

#4989 3 years ago
Quoted from Mrawesome44:

I finally managed to find a public guns and roses to play albeit a standard and I got to say I was honestly underwhelmed. I knew the standard was stripped down but not to this point. Game felt very flat looking at it. Everything else was top notch. Artwork, animations, sounds etc. Hoping the Le is/plays dramatically different as I plan to buy one. Other than that the standard problems that seem to plague jjp machines on route. Also I gotta say people were right about the excessive multiballs. I was in multiball more than having just a single ball in play.

You play a game on route and judge it? Never do that please.

#4990 3 years ago

My right guitar lock keeps going up and down all of the sudden. Anyone have this issue?

#4991 3 years ago

I say this with respect... If you think the multi balls are excessive in this game, you don't know how to play this game.

This game expects great things from the person playing it, like going 8+ minutes without draining. Like playing 4 modes before even starting a song to get your applause jackpot anywhere near where it needs to be.

Once you learn what you're doing, you are very much disappointed when your multi ball ends and you end up in single ball play.

Quoted from Mrawesome44:

Also I gotta say people were right about the excessive multiballs.

#4992 3 years ago

Whats the difference in re-calibrating a switch vs doing a single switch test? In the manual for calibrating a switch it just shows screen shots of going to the single switch test page in the admin.
1 out of 10 times I power the game on the upper left guitar lock spike just fires off continuously up and down up and down for minutes unless I recycle the games power...then its fine until X amount of times later I power it on and get the same result.
Seperately I've had 3 instances now where a game was not recognizing a ball locked in the first left lock spot on the axe head lock, and I had to recycle the game power and then it would be fine. So I'm thinking there's an issue with that first opto on the left guitar lock. I've gone into settings a few times now and done a switch test for that opto (and all 6 of the guitar lock sensors) and it always works fine. But it makes me wonder if this reoccurring spike popping up and down at power-on issue is related to that first left lock sensor?
Thanks for any help

#4993 3 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

You play a game on route and judge it? Never do that please.

So you need to drop $7K-10K, bring it home and judge it? That's some pricey judging.

#4994 3 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

So you need to drop $7K-10K, bring it home and judge it? That's some pricey judging.

Yes, you don't judge a game by actually playing it, but by listening to podcasts and reading the brand name on the game.

#4995 3 years ago
Quoted from insight75:

My right guitar lock keeps going up and down all of the sudden. Anyone have this issue?

Mine did this. Look under the hood. The bolt under the coil was super loose on mine. Unfortunately, the coil sleeve was shot as well because of it. JJP sent me out a few new sleeves, springs, and a coil. But Mr KED (Karl) had my back and dropped a couple sleeves off at my house. That seemed to be my fix.

It’s not too bad taking the mech apart either, pretty easy actually, just unplug the connector - 3 screws holding it in and voila.

#4996 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Mine did this. Look under the hood. The bolt under the coil was super loose on mine. Unfortunately, the coil sleeve was shot as well because of it. JJP sent me out a few new sleeves, springs, and a coil. But Mr KED (Karl) had my back and dropped a couple sleeves off at my house. That seemed to be my fix.
It’s not too bad taking the mech apart either, pretty easy actually, just unplug the connector - 3 screws holding it in and voila.

Thank you for this. I will check this out...

#4997 3 years ago
Quoted from paulbaptiste:

That has happened to me quite a few times. It'll just get stuck in that right corner hitting the pops over and over again. Horrible way to lose a jackpot!

Keith and crew should address this,I know on Dialed In and I believe WW when your in timed modes and then enter pop bumpers the timer stops.

#4998 3 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

At a friends if you can but to throw a few quarters in it and call it a night and judge it is stupid. If that’s what you like doing, so be it.

#4999 3 years ago

Man, GNR has been absolutely kicking my ass today. I’ve had many games where I couldn’t even start a song - I may be getting too greedy and trying to get too many patches. Cherish those applause JPs and encores when you get them people!

#5000 3 years ago

5000 posts!! What an amazing game

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

12,060 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Idaho Falls, ID
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 210.00
€ 69.00
Pinball Machine
Multiball mods

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 60.00
Hardware
Pin Parts

$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 40.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

8,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mohawk, NY
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

12,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Long Beach, NY
$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 28,412 posts in this topic. You are on page 100 of 569.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/100 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.