Topic Stats

• 429 posts
  • 140 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by Rensh
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 76 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image-298.jpg
image.jpg
image-350.jpg
image.jpg
20131212_200331.jpg
20131212_200543.jpg
_MG_0478.jpg
_MG_0465.jpg
_MG_0463.jpg
_MG_0454.jpg
_MG_0453.jpg
_MG_0448.jpg
_MG_0444.jpg
_MG_0443.jpg
_MG_0435.jpg
_MG_0430.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider robt.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#111 7 years ago
Quoted from ShinyNick:

Closer look at playfield & gameplay video:
» YouTube video
(Still processing on Youtube as of this post)
and Here are some pics of under the playfield, Laser assembly, under the apron and inside the new metal backbox (yes it uses the 2 bolts just like the Pro...)

Nice video.

So, are the lights in the speaker panel working yet or not? Didn't see them on in the video.

#115 7 years ago
Quoted from mrbillishere:

What's with the flashers by the speakers in the head?

Exactly.

This isn't good. I think that the speakers are not lit by an LED strip (similar to the add on speaker LED kits that are available) but instead just have a flasher pointed at the speaker.

Which, raises the question...how the hell is any light going to get through to the front?

Look at where the flasher is pointing. Seems like the light would actually have to go through the speaker cone material. Doesn't make sense.

Any STLE owners who can shed some light on this?

STLE Speaker Light.jpeg
#131 7 years ago
Quoted from mummite:

When do the speakers light up and when do the side cab emblem flashers light up? can someone explain when they go off thanks!

I'd like to know too.

Frankly I think at least the side insignias should be lit constantly, not just part of the time with a flasher. I see a mod coming...

#164 7 years ago

I would have refused the delivery.

1 week later
#255 7 years ago
Quoted from coasterguy:

When you hit that thing more than once in a row what a rush. My record is still only 3 though. I have hit it twice in a row several times. It so silky smooth.

The warp ramp shot is sweet.

Game has a good mix of easy fast flowing shots with the more difficult and super satisfying shots like the warp ramp. I love the fact that I will have to take some time to master that warp ramp.

Pin is addicting so far!

#265 7 years ago
Quoted from pingod:

Got mine today STLE #24.
All I have to say is awesome game
Anyone else notice the lower spotlights don't come on.

That's because they are flashers, not GI.

Not sure that I like that myself. I think they might be put to better use as GI.

#285 7 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

Lol You really think this game needs more GI?

Absolutely.

When we were playing, we turned off all the lights to see how it looked. It's not well lit in the lower middle of the PF. It's not nearly as well lit as MET for example. We couldn't really play it with all the lights turned off.

Converting those flashers in the spotlights to GI would help.

#287 7 years ago
Quoted from pingod:

I haven't notice them come on during game play either,they do work in test mode though.
Maybe I'm just to busy with everything else going on to notice

They definitely work in attract mode

#301 7 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Well, early thoughts on the LE.
Is it worth the money - no.
Do, I want one - yes.
Absolute blast to play. Felt like a long version of IM - which is a very good thing. Love the way the ship fires back.
Is it worth the extra than the Pro - no.
But, is it better than the Pro - yes.
Is it better than Tron LE - by a mile. Comparing this title as would rather this than the Tron LE which cost more!
I love the backglass, the side trim, the color changers, the kick back. Starfield projector - no big deal. The blue flasher under the spinner is way too bright. But the color changers are real nice, smooth. Dots were average.
Can that flasher be changed?
So, I want this title and don't like the Pro artwork and I want the LE - but at the moment I can't justify the price point. If there were only 400 I would buy one.
This is one game where I can't talk myself into the Pro. Too much missing. But I can't yet talk myself into an LE either. Sigh.
Had a 125 million game and man, what a rush!

Quoted from spidey:

Get a Premium and add the shaker.

I agree completely. With those comments, it would seen that the Premium version would be the perfect match for you. You get most of what the LE offers but you will be paying more than $1k less.

#316 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

What really won me over was how each mode has 3 stages and each one is totally different. This gives you massive variety in modes and how to play them....my initial fear of X-Men-esque code...it's just way too boring for example to keep starting Beast over and over within a single game and it being the same exact thing every time. So - you can play all levels of a mode if you want, or you can do the 3-in-a-row thing with different modes...there just seems to be a lot of variety with how you can play.

I agree, and ironically, one of the main criticisms of many people is that the modes "all feel the same". At first I was thinking there was some truth to this, but as I get more time on it, the differences become more apparent. The way you can go 3 deep per mode vs going to the next mode can lead to a lot of different strategies in the game...once I learn how the 3 in a row rules and 3 deep modes all work together.

Quoted from iceman44:

I'm trying to stay mentally tough It's such a gorgeous pin and I'm a sucker for a great light show.....

It really is one of the best light shows on any pin I've seen.

Quoted from McCune:

You also own more invisible games than me

lol

#365 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

LOL they're shipping them already. What's with this MUST SELL INSTANTLY or it's a flop mentality? The game more or less JUST came out. When Stern makes a game, it's usually in production for a couple years. They announced 3 games at 3 price points and are making all 3 & will for some time.

Exactly.

So funny to hear how STLE is supposedly selling very slowly simply because distributors still have some left. There are 799 of them, and like you said, the pin was basically just released.

How long did it take JJP to sell out on 1000 WOZ LE's? It was well over a year.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Summerville, SC
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider robt.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside