Topic Stats

• 429 posts
  • 140 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by Rensh
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 76 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image-298.jpg
image.jpg
image-350.jpg
image.jpg
20131212_200331.jpg
20131212_200543.jpg
_MG_0478.jpg
_MG_0465.jpg
_MG_0463.jpg
_MG_0454.jpg
_MG_0453.jpg
_MG_0448.jpg
_MG_0444.jpg
_MG_0443.jpg
_MG_0435.jpg
_MG_0430.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rarehero.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#92 7 years ago
Quoted from jeffgoldstein2:

Also just put a little Blue tinted Gel over the laser and now you have a blue laser.

Doesn't work that way. Try that on a red dmd. It will still be red.

2 weeks later
#308 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I do want one, had one pre ordered but gonna wait a while until you guys flesh it out! And I'm just trying to keep up with Jimmy in the Woz threads.... If he keeps his more than 2 months I'm in!

I dropped out of my pre-order...but I played one yesterday for a few hours. Imagine that - playing it first...wheee! ...aaaand, I liked it....aaaand I wanted one....aaaaand I sent my check today lol.

#313 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Well you're awful easy Greg!

Hah...not really. I saw the LE at the Stern factory so I knew what it would look like. I played the Pro a bunch so I know what it played like. I thought it was fun but wasn't feeling it that much. However after playing the LE with the current code - I really enjoyed it and it can only get better with the Karl Urban update and whatnot.

What really won me over was how each mode has 3 stages and each one is totally different. This gives you massive variety in modes and how to play them....my initial fear of X-Men-esque code...it's just way too boring for example to keep starting Beast over and over within a single game and it being the same exact thing every time. So - you can play all levels of a mode if you want, or you can do the 3-in-a-row thing with different modes...there just seems to be a lot of variety with how you can play. Plus the Vengeance modes are cool, Klingon Multiball is cool - and yes, I think the disco laser show is cool... The color changing LEDs look awesome - and again, I think the FX will just get cooler and cooler as the game gets updated.

At the end of the day, I had my inner dialog battle "Don't buy it, it's too expensive, you don't need another game" vs. "Life is short, you like it, just get it and enjoy it before you die"

#319 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Well, the "life is short" inner dialogue battle seems to win with you every time.....congrats on pin number 26!

I'm gonna put Fish Tales up for sale soon - so I should still stay at 25.

#322 7 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Rare you said you played the pro and you weren't really feeling it.. What was it that set the LE apart? The gameplay is nearly identical isn't it? Was it the lighting effects or??
Also how is the build quality on the LE vs the pro

Let me clarify - I wasn't feeling it in the sense that I didn't think I was going to buy it. I thought the Pro played great and was fun...I just wasn't in a new pin buying mood. Two things happened when I played the LE - 1. It was newer code since the last time I had played the Pro...lots of good stuff in there. 2. It was an LE - the Color changing lighting was just incredible and I love the blinged out lit/animated rails and backbox. I think the color changing stuff will get even cooler with updates. I think the Pro is completely legit if you want a lower priced version of this game! Not gonna knock it at all. I'm just one of those guys who doesn't say "Does the LE have $$$$ worth of stuff in it to justify the price" ....of course it doesn't...but the heart wants what the heart wants lol

As for "build quality" ...different people qualify that term in different ways...with any handmade machine it can vary from game to game. I think my Metallica LE was a top notch build...but a friend of mine got one that was a total lemon! I've had Sterns like TF and Xmen that had INSANE problems out of the box. Constantly with the hood up fixing or tweaking/modding things. I don't think that was build quality as much as it was bad design decisions - it doesn't reflect on the physical materials or what kind of job the factory workers did. In any case - all the ST Pros and the one LE I played functioned properly and played wonderfully. Granted, it's not a game with a lot of physical mechanical parts that can go bad - so it really just comes down to the pure design, geometry and gameplay - on that level it delivers. Also code, obviously...and in that camp it's very good.

#327 7 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

And would have to add a blue color DMD when the guys work out how to fit it as this title deserves it.

I'm just keeping the red one in mine. Red goes with Blue. You've got the blue ship with red lasers on the side rails. The game features red matter & red disco stars....red DMD is fine - the game is blinged enough, I'm not throwing any more cash at it lol

#363 7 years ago
Quoted from mrobertso2:

I haven't seen anything about the premium except the original announcement. Honestly I wouldn't be surprised if they scrapped it. 800 LE's slowly selling.... prob won't sell out..

LOL they're shipping them already. What's with this MUST SELL INSTANTLY or it's a flop mentality? The game more or less JUST came out. When Stern makes a game, it's usually in production for a couple years. They announced 3 games at 3 price points and are making all 3 & will for some time.

#373 7 years ago
Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

Thank you silverball0 Price for STLE in Canada is 9k+

You should write 9k'eh so we know it's Canadollars

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 259.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
Machine - For Sale
Pittsburgh, PA

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rarehero.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside