Topic Stats

• 429 posts
  • 140 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Rensh
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 76 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image-298.jpg
image.jpg
image-350.jpg
image.jpg
20131212_200331.jpg
20131212_200543.jpg
_MG_0478.jpg
_MG_0465.jpg
_MG_0463.jpg
_MG_0454.jpg
_MG_0453.jpg
_MG_0448.jpg
_MG_0444.jpg
_MG_0443.jpg
_MG_0435.jpg
_MG_0430.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ottogd.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#97 6 years ago
Quoted from ShinyNick:

Closer look at playfield & gameplay video:
ยป YouTube video

Wow, nice video, Nick, and great game but whoever was playing was AMAZING and probably crazy handsome and super-cool!

ST:LE is a lot of fun. Better than I thought it would be. Nice flow, intense at times and the sound is great. Dots are decent too.

That said, I'm not overly impressed with the LE features, however, I'm more of an incandescent guy and more interested in the gameplay anyway so the *bling* doesn't excite me too much.

That said, the Klingon Multiball starfield is a nifty effect though and not annoying. Adds visual 'texture'.

The VUK with the 'disappearing' shield is a really cool mech but I'm not sure how much it adds or speeds up the gameplay.

The colour-changing LEDs are nice but the game is almost too bright for me. The asteroid flashers and Enterprise are just kinda there.

The cabinet light features are well done and it is neat to see the 'shooting lights'. Backglass isn't very interesting, visually, but looks nice, especially with the mirroring. Never noticed the flashers behind the speakers or upper cabinet (obviously). The shiny, blue legs and lock-down bar are pretty. I'd probably need to see a Pro sit right next to an LE to be fully appreciative.

Overall, I really enjoyed playing and it's a great looking game. Thanks, Nick. And I'd definitely drop money in Star Trek on location.

#98 6 years ago

(sorry, double post; can't delete)

#119 6 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Seems like the light would actually have to go through the speaker cone material. Doesn't make sense. Any STLE owners who can shed some light on this?

We didn't notice the flashers working behind the speaker (or the upper cabinet side logos) during gameplay but Nick ran the flashers thru test mode and they definitely light up well. The light travels through the side of the blue plastic. You can barely see it in this pic.

157638-i.jpg
#157 6 years ago
Quoted from SaminVA:

I got my Star Trek LE yesterday, LE #012.

Nice, congrats, despite the issues.

I'd love to see a pic of all four of your Star Trek pins lined-up ... make it so!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 76.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ottogd.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside