_MG_0463.jpg
_MG_0454.jpg
_MG_0453.jpg
_MG_0448.jpg
_MG_0444.jpg
_MG_0443.jpg
_MG_0435.jpg
_MG_0430.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider SaminVA.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#156 10 years ago

I got my Star Trek LE yesterday, LE #012. Even though the box had been damaged the game was untouched and perfect on the outside, no dings or scratches. I had played a ST pro a few weeks ago on location and loved the way the game played and that was before code version 1.3. The 1.3 seems to be a great improvement and the LE is one great game. It's all been said before, I'll just say I love the game, I just need to practice and get better but I did get 2 warp loop shots in a row, by accident I am sure. I have never been one to get too involved in the rules, I just play to keep the ball in play and see how far I get.
The starfield projector is much better in person. I have been trying to get some good video of it but so far not much luck but I will keep trying.
For the most part everything has been positive but I have found a few issues.
First is a warning about raising the playfield. Be very careful, theirs not much clearance on the sides and the metal habitrails will scratch the shit out of the inside of the cabinet. Yes I did put a scratch on the right side, well at least I think I did it but you can see from the picture it had been scratched a few times at the factory and they touched it up with black paint. I have only raised the playfield one time to install the tilt bob. I guess this should piss me off a little but it's not a big deal I guess and if I decide to get mirror blades you wont see it anyway.
Another small problem I ran into is with the coin door. It came with .25 cent coin mech's which work fine but I use .984 tokens with my games so I buy the Happ combo .984/.quarter mech's which have worked great in my other games but when installed in the STLE my tokens get rejected but the quarters work. These are new Happ mech's so I swapped in some of my older ones from one of my other games and it dose the same thing. It looks to me like its because the front of the STLE cabinet is tilted on an angle instead of being at a 90 deg angel to the floor. I guess for now I'll putt the game on free play but I haven't found a free play setting yet, I assume it has one?
Also the ball shooter rod doesn't seem to have enough power to launch the ball, it just barely makes it to the top of the lane and sometimes the kick back seems weak and a few times when it kicks the ball it's like it hits a brick wall at the top of the out lane and ricochets back down the ball drain but I don't see what it could be hitting to bounce it back.
I'll keep trying for some good video.
For now I am happy with the STLE
Star Trek LE 005-474.JPGStar Trek LE 005-474.JPG
STLE 013.JPGSTLE 013.JPG
STLE 016.JPGSTLE 016.JPG
stle2 024.JPGstle2 024.JPG

#159 10 years ago
Quoted from BillySastard:

Damn SaminVA I'd be pissed. Looks like they touched up their scratches with a Sharpie.

Yea I know but I figure no need to cry about it, shit happens and if that's the worse I can find, hearing about Sterns quality control, I feel I can count myself lucky. It could be worse.

#162 10 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

I'd contact Stern if I were you. By the looks of your box and how bad that looks Stern may do something for you. Doesn't hurt you to ask!

What do you think they could do? I don't think they would send another cabinet and I don't think they would send someone to fill and repaint. I could send them a picture and see what happens.

#178 10 years ago

Thanks guy's for the advice about the side wall scratch. I think Manic and JoeJet is correct, the flash makes it look much worse than it is. I did not even notice it till I was taking some close up pics of the playfield but yea I agree that should not have shipped like that. They should have some type of temporary protection in place wile they build the pin and should make sure theirs nothing but the wood playfield that could make contact with the side.
In the mean time I did put together some video of the un boxing and some game play video including the Laser Star projector but my camera is not HD and the camera doesn't do the effect justice but its better than nothing so here it is.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Uniontown, OH
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lee's Summit, MO
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 6,595.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 24.95
$ 79.99
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Machine - For Sale
Brooklyn, MI
$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Machine - For Sale
Boulder, CO
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 79.99
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider SaminVA.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-i-got-my-stle-and-this-is-what-i-think-thread?tu=SaminVA and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.