New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 71116)

The Official I got my STLE and this is what I think thread

By magnoliarichj

7 years ago

Topic Stats

• 429 posts
  • 140 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Rensh
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 76 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image-298.jpg
image.jpg
image-350.jpg
image.jpg
20131212_200331.jpg
20131212_200543.jpg
_MG_0478.jpg
_MG_0465.jpg
_MG_0463.jpg
_MG_0454.jpg
_MG_0453.jpg
_MG_0448.jpg
_MG_0444.jpg
_MG_0443.jpg
_MG_0435.jpg
_MG_0430.jpg

There are 429 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 9.
#351 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Just mix it all up and see what comes out! BS or not, who knows

I think that WOZ has made you more retarded .

#352 6 years ago
Quoted from mrobertso2:

I haven't seen anything about the premium except the original announcement. Honestly I wouldn't be surprised if they scrapped it. 800 LE's slowly selling.... prob won't sell out. Mustang pin already announced. A lot of positive talk on the LE now but too little too late? Weirder things have happened.

Well the Premiums are starting to ship at the end of the week and will be in our hands pretty soon.

#353 6 years ago
Quoted from McCune:

I think that WOZ has made you more retarded .

If I wasn't crazy I might go insane.............

#354 6 years ago
Quoted from JAXPinball:

If you get a chance please post a pic of the damage

DSC02713.jpgDSC02715.jpg

#355 6 years ago

Play the crap out of it for the holidays and let Stern take care of it.

#356 6 years ago

I'm waiting to see how they want to handle it.. for now i'm told to keep it strapped on pallet...

#357 6 years ago
Quoted from JAXPinball:

I'm waiting to see how they want to handle it.. for now i'm told to keep it strapped on pallet...

Good luck. Thanks for posting the pics. It sucks that you can't play it either. Throwing salt on the wound. I'd imagine they have 3 options: swap with completely new one, send you a new cabinet & pay to have someone swap playfield or just offer you a hefty discount/reimbursement. Not sure what I'd be willing to accept considering how much we paid. I hope they make this right for you quickly.

#358 6 years ago

There's actually a 4th option considered...

#359 6 years ago
Quoted from JAXPinball:

There's actually a 4th option considered...

Complete refund and send it back?

#360 6 years ago

My opinion is worthless so here is an idea, if you can handle keeping it as is, I would ask Stern for a $1500 voucher good for any NIB purchase from a Stern authorized distributor of your choice with no expiration date.

Shipping that one back to Stern and them shipping you a new one, $600-700, labor to swap your speaker panel into another game, $50, Stern loss on cabinet, $600-800.

#361 6 years ago
Quoted from Mycal:

Complete refund and send it back?

4th Option: Ship it back and have the cabinet repaired and shipped back was proposed.

#362 6 years ago
Quoted from JAXPinball:

4th Option: Ship it back and have the cabinet repaired and shipped back was proposed.

At whose expense? (Meaning shipping expense) yours or sterns?

#363 6 years ago
Quoted from mrobertso2:

I haven't seen anything about the premium except the original announcement. Honestly I wouldn't be surprised if they scrapped it. 800 LE's slowly selling.... prob won't sell out..

LOL they're shipping them already. What's with this MUST SELL INSTANTLY or it's a flop mentality? The game more or less JUST came out. When Stern makes a game, it's usually in production for a couple years. They announced 3 games at 3 price points and are making all 3 & will for some time.

#364 6 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

LOL they're shipping them already. What's with this MUST SELL INSTANTLY or it's a flop mentality? The game more or less JUST came out. When Stern makes a game, it's usually in production for a couple years. They announced 3 games at 3 price points and are making all 3 & will for some time.

Didn't say it was a "flop" I have a LE due hopefully tomorrow. I hadn't seen or heard of any posts on the premium, no one was talking about it except a few who hated the color.

#365 6 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Exactly.

So funny to hear how STLE is supposedly selling very slowly simply because distributors still have some left. There are 799 of them, and like you said, the pin was basically just released.

How long did it take JJP to sell out on 1000 WOZ LE's? It was well over a year.

#366 6 years ago
Quoted from JAXPinball:

DSC02713.jpg 34 KB

DSC02715.jpg 37 KB

Whoa, I wouldn't accept that damage, not on a 9k'eh pin. Hell I didn't even accept damage on a cheap ass Pro. You deserve a perfect pin for that price, especially a nice looking one like STLE.

#367 6 years ago
Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

Whoa, I wouldn't accept that damage, not on a 9k pin

COME ON QC 9K PIN? Really where did you pull this number from??? Dude get your facts straight before posting.

#368 6 years ago
Quoted from bcfast:

COME ON QC 9K PIN? Really where did you pull this number from??? Dude get your facts straight before posting.

I think it's $9k because he is in Canada?

#369 6 years ago
Quoted from bcfast:

The price is actually slightly higher here in Canada, depending on what province you live in. My LE was 9,256 and change in British Columbia. So his "Facts" are some what accurate.

So if any fact finding needs to be straighten it is not from the QG.

#370 6 years ago

The guy with the damage was in Florida. I got mine for just over 7.3k so I doubt he paid 9k in Florida. The damage is not acceptable at any price though. I am just tired of QC jumping in these threads and constantly talking about the price of the LE. He backed out of his LE and is trying to make himself feel good about purchasing his pro.

#371 6 years ago
Quoted from silverball0:

The price is actually slightly higher here in Canada, depending on what province you live in. My LE was 9,256 and change in British Columbia. So his "Facts" are some what accurate.
So if any fact finding needs to be straighten it is not from the QG.

Thank you silverball0 Price for STLE in Canada is 9k+'eh

#372 6 years ago
Quoted from bcfast:

The guy with the damage was in Florida. I got mine for just over 7.3k so I doubt he paid 9k in Florida. The damage is not acceptable at any price though. I am just tired of QC jumping in these threads and constantly talking about the price of the LE. He backed out of his LE and is trying to make himself feel good about purchasing his pro.

Maybe in your own head that is what it is? I feel great about my Pro . I just was telling the guy I wouldn't accept that damage and I didn't accept damage on my "cheap ass Pro" which I thought implied don't accept damage at any price. My post was only telling the guy he shouldn't accept that kind of damage on a pin, nothing else. But you can make what you want of it.

#373 6 years ago

Thank you silverball0 Price for STLE in Canada is 9k+

You should write 9k'eh so we know it's Canadollars

#374 6 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

You should write 9k'eh so we know it's Canadollars

Fixed, thanks!

#375 6 years ago

It doesn't fit under the tree!!!!! Does that mean I get to open it today?
image.jpg

#376 6 years ago

What's the highest number out there so far? Anyone know?

#377 6 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

That means open ASAP!!! Set Phasers to play NOW!

#378 6 years ago
Quoted from JAXPinball:

DSC02713.jpg 34 KB

DSC02715.jpg 37 KB

Have Seen the exact same on a met pro unboxed a couple of weeks ago. Was rather at the back near the bottom so it was decided to accept as is. It is like the wood is damaged at tha point and they just pit the decal on top of it

#379 6 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

image.jpg 138 KB

I don't think Santa would mind. You got my permission!

#380 6 years ago

I think the shippers opened it and put some time on the game!! It's official the Truckers like STLE! The game is very good enjoyable.

Star Trek.jpg
#381 6 years ago
Quoted from 2RustyBalls:

The number 501 was the highest I saw. But I wouldn't read much into any of the numbers you see out there. Who knows what order they will actually produce them in, or how they will be sent out to various distributors and sold.

#382 6 years ago

Where did you get the side mirrors? I need those for sure they look great

#383 6 years ago

Mrs Claus is at work so I sneaked a peak; #508
image-424.jpg

image.jpg
#384 6 years ago

My dealer told me when we picked up the STLE Stern was done with STLE for the year, No more LE's and we should be happy we received ours! They said Stern had moved to the new ACDC and a major update was ready for ACDC. I ordered one!

#385 6 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Mrs Claus is at work so I sneaked a peak; #508

image.jpg 164 KB

image-424.jpg 164 KB

NICE! Now you have to update your collection on pinside

#386 6 years ago

NICE! Now you have to update your collection on pinside

Thanks for reminding me. And a new game isn't complete until your first beer...or black & tan in this case

image-858.jpg

image.jpg
#387 6 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Thanks for reminding me. And a new game isn't complete until your first beer...or black & tan in this case

image.jpg 118 KB

image-858.jpg 118 KB

Oh boy that's a heavy drink. I would consider it a meal

#388 6 years ago

Whoa, I wouldn't accept that damage, not on a 9k'eh pin. Hell I didn't even accept damage on a cheap ass Pro. You deserve a perfect pin for that price, especially a nice looking one like STLE.

in case EVERYBODY forgot how much the pin is QG is here to remind you in every post why he didn't get one.

#389 6 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

At whose expense? (Meaning shipping expense) yours or sterns?

5th Option: Send a local guy in FL to strip the machine and re-decal. Let me know if there's anyone local that's got the skills and wants that job.

However, most bets are on it going back to Chicago.

#390 6 years ago
Quoted from bcfast:

Q.G is padding for pain and suffering…

#391 6 years ago
Quoted from JAXPinball:

5th Option: Send a local guy in FL to strip the machine and re-decal. Let me know if there's anyone local that's got the skills and wants that job.
However, most bets are on it going back to Chicago.

I can do it...

#392 6 years ago
Quoted from 2RustyBalls:

I think the shippers opened it and put some time on the game!! It's official the Truckers like STLE! The game is very good enjoyable.

Yea… maybe they took a joy ride on my STLE; I thought it odd when the driver was pointing out the features of the game to me…

It would make for a good pinball spoof… an eighteen wheel game room.

#393 6 years ago

Okay, send me your info. and I'll pass it along to Stern. Also, let me know your schedule.

#394 6 years ago
Quoted from bcfast:

He's Canadian eh, that's what we pay here.
Well not in Alberta,we only have one tax.

#395 6 years ago
Quoted from pingod:

He's Canadian eh, that's what we pay here.
Well not in Alberta,we only have one tax.

9 KUSD only, here we pay, incl. taxes, USD 10.700 ................

#396 6 years ago
Quoted from JAXPinball:

Box came pristine. I'm told there have been others with the same gash in the exact same place as mine.

After you take pictures, why not set it up and play it until they send you another?

Robert

#397 6 years ago

So far I've logged 6 or 7 games on STLE. It has a lot of nice things going for it, but I'm still enjoying the Tron LE a lot more. Maybe it's just lack of familiarity until I know the STLE shots better. For now though, Tron LE rains supreme in my book. However, today is our christmas office party at our new offices and the unveil of the STLE. I'll see which pin gets more action and what my colleagues think.

#398 6 years ago
Quoted from bjorg:

So far I've logged 6 or 7 games on STLE. It has a lot of nice things going for it, but I'm still enjoying the Tron LE a lot more.

Tron / ST combo in a line up = A+!

both are fast fun games and some of sterns best work in the past couple years.

#399 6 years ago
Quoted from 2RustyBalls:

717 in UK. Balls go round with some force. Have turned coil power to soft. So far speechless. Words can't describe how good this game is.

#400 6 years ago
Quoted from mummite:

Tron / ST combo in a line up = A+!
both are fast fun games and some of sterns best work in the past couple years.

My STLE is sitting near my TRON Pro (with Eli's lit ramp mod). My inner-nerd does not know what to do with itself, save play pinball!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 50.00
There are 429 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 9.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside