Topic Stats

• 429 posts
  • 140 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by Rensh
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 76 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image-298.jpg
image.jpg
image-350.jpg
image.jpg
20131212_200331.jpg
20131212_200543.jpg
_MG_0478.jpg
_MG_0465.jpg
_MG_0463.jpg
_MG_0454.jpg
_MG_0453.jpg
_MG_0448.jpg
_MG_0444.jpg
_MG_0443.jpg
_MG_0435.jpg
_MG_0430.jpg

There are 429 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 9.
#251 7 years ago
Quoted from coasterguy:

Probably just needs a little fiddling with. Open it up and just check it out and see if it's tight, in line, etc. It seems a few have not been from the factory. I bet it is something simple.

Thank you, as you were right. I noticed that the kickback was a little off, thus I realigned it and now the ball comes out much more smoothly and, while not always, can even make it all the way back to roll over switches at the top right of the play field! Nice!

Thankfully, though, I did not have to take the apron off to realign the kickback as I had a driver that is small with a 90 degree flip head. This was good as I do not see how the apron even comes off!

#252 7 years ago
Quoted from magnoliarichj:

are anyone elses machines super powerful? I mean the slings give me air balls. every coil is very very strong

I was getting this as well. I went into the adjustments menu and found that you can now set the strength of each coil individually as opposed to just and Soft/Normal/Hard setting. I set the slings down to 15 and they seem to be much better now. I was having balls fly over and hit the side of the cabinet and land in the shooter land.

#253 7 years ago

409 in the house and very happy with the purchase. This game makes AC/DC look dated.

#254 7 years ago
Quoted from McCune:

This game makes AC/DC look dated.

Did I just read what I thought I did. Wow great to hear how happy you are. Good Stuff

#255 7 years ago
Quoted from coasterguy:

When you hit that thing more than once in a row what a rush. My record is still only 3 though. I have hit it twice in a row several times. It so silky smooth.

The warp ramp shot is sweet.

Game has a good mix of easy fast flowing shots with the more difficult and super satisfying shots like the warp ramp. I love the fact that I will have to take some time to master that warp ramp.

Pin is addicting so far!

#256 7 years ago

Monday afternoon delivery for mine. I can't wait. Garage reorg in 3...2..1...

#257 7 years ago

I noticed one of my plastics looked a little loose. When I popped off the glass to tighten it, I found that the screw was screwed directly in to the playfield, and the hole was sort of stripped. I can't tighten it at all. Any thoughts??

image.jpg

#258 7 years ago

for those that say that the pro is "the same game" guys...... whatever helps you sleep at night...... if you can swing it get a LE while you can.

i don't think LE and pro are the same, a lot of bling on the LE, that's the difference, but i do think the game play is the same, except for the kickback.
raison why we say the pro is the best bang for the buck.

#259 7 years ago
Quoted from MapleSyrup:

I noticed one of my plastics looked a little loose. When I popped off the glass to tighten it, I found that the screw was screwed directly in to the playfield, and the hole was sort of stripped. I can't tighten it at all. Any thoughts??

image.jpg 223 KB

you can back the screw out and put some wood filler in the hole to act as a loc-tite.. once it hardens your all set.

#260 7 years ago

Two quick questions... When the starfield projector comes on, does it hit the left flipper on other people's STLE? As a note, while it hits my left flipper it seems to go across the playfield and backboard well, thus I am thinking this is normal and does not need adjustment.

Second, just out of curiosity, is the triangular insert right in front of the Black Hole target a color changing LED, flasher, or both? It obviously has elements of both but does not seem to light up with its LEDs the same way as the other inserts in the game.

#261 7 years ago
Quoted from Santeh:

Two quick questions... When the starfield projector comes on, does it hit the left flipper on other people's STLE? As a note, while it hits my left flipper it seems to go across the playfield and backboard well, thus I am thinking this is normal and does not need adjustment.
Second, just out of curiosity, is the triangular insert right in front of the Black Hole target a color changing LED, flasher, or both? It obviously has elements of both but does not seem to light up with its LEDs the same way as the other inserts in the game.

The STLE I played had the star field projector hitting the left flipper too. I didn't think much of it. Can't comment on the black hole. Did not notice in my limited time playing.

#262 7 years ago

the lights from the projector catch the left flipper. I thought of putting something at the inside of the bottom of the projection hole to crop it so the flipper isn't lit up. but ultimately not a big deal.

#263 7 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

The STLE I played had the star field projector hitting the left flipper too. I didn't think much of it. Can't comment on the black hole. Did not notice in my limited time playing.

Quoted from frolic:

the lights from the projector catch the left flipper. I thought of putting something at the inside of the bottom of the projection hole to crop it so the flipper isn't lit up. but ultimately not a big deal.

Yes, I thought it looked normal as well. This is, though, my very first NIB machine thus I am just trying to iron out any issues that comes with NIB machines straight away.

Thanks, all!

#264 7 years ago

Got mine today STLE #24.
All I have to say is awesome game
Anyone else notice the lower spotlights don't come on.

#265 7 years ago
Quoted from pingod:

Got mine today STLE #24.
All I have to say is awesome game
Anyone else notice the lower spotlights don't come on.

That's because they are flashers, not GI.

Not sure that I like that myself. I think they might be put to better use as GI.

#266 7 years ago
Quoted from Santeh:

Black Hole target a color changing LED, flasher, or both? It obviously has elements of both but does not seem to light up with its LEDs the same way as the other inserts in the game.

Its the same as the others, but I have noticed when red matter "black hole is ready" the insert does not light up much? bug maybe? The game needs to make it clear that black hole is ready. I also hope that black hole has better awards to mix it up.

#267 7 years ago

you can back the screw out and put some wood filler in the hole to act as a loc-tite.. once it hardens your all set.

Or just stick a toothpick in the hole and break it off flush with the playfield. Screw it in and you're good to go.

#268 7 years ago
Quoted from mummite:

Its the same as the others, but I have noticed when red matter "black hole is ready" the insert does not light up much? bug maybe? The game needs to make it clear that black hole is ready. I also hope that black hole has better awards to mix it up.

i have found that it offer
extra time in a mode
score bonus
extra ball

#269 7 years ago
Quoted from Silverballer:

Same here as well but they are getting harder to spot due the extremely fast rate of dimpling on this playfield.

The ST pro at my local arcade dimpled really badly in a very short time not sure why?
Maybe the vengeance firing balls across the playfield at warp 9?

#270 7 years ago

I have dimples all over, not real worried..... unless this is not common or very wide spread... I thought it was just a part of pinball.

#271 7 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Not sure that I like that myself. I think they might be put to better use as GI.

Lol You really think this game needs more GI? They work pretty cool as flashers IMO.

#272 7 years ago

I have dimples all over, not real worried..... unless this is not common or very wide spread... I thought it was just a part of pinball.

Yep I have quite a large amount of dimpling. They will even out over time. Extra clear usually shows it more.

#273 7 years ago

I noticed the dimples quickly too, but as they started to number dozens and then hundreds you notice less.

#274 7 years ago

Not sure if this was mentioned yet - has anyone else noticed when you raise the playfield all the way up it actual rubs and rests on the back left and right plastic ramps? ...not the playfield itself. Had a buddy check his and it does this too. Any others?

#275 7 years ago

I was surprised my buddy had a WOZ next to his Star Trek and several other Stern's and the dimples on WOZ were a lot worse then his Stern games. I thought that the clear on JJP's were supposed to be better guys?

#276 7 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

I was surprised my buddy had a WOZ next to his Star Trek and several other Stern's and the dimples on WOZ were a lot worse then his Stern games. I thought that the clear on JJP's were supposed to be better guys?

Many of my playfields have been profesionally CC, and if you let them cure for a few months the dimpling is less. But they will come eventually. Many seem to forget that we are playing with metal balls. And metal will beat anything, CC or wood, anytime anywhere.

#277 7 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

the dimples on WOZ were a lot worse then his Stern games

Interesting... its the opposite for me. Actually almost expect it on ST - that ball(s) are flying around at warp factor 9!

#278 7 years ago
Quoted from goodgameslover:

Many of my playfields have been profesionally CC, and if you let them cure for a few months the dimpling is less. But they will come eventually. Many seem to forget that we are playing with metal balls. And metal will beat anything, CC or wood, anytime anywhere.

Quoted from musketd:

Every game will dimple whether WOZ or ST. Clear Coat has nothing to do with dimples. It does nothing for helping reduce dimples. The density of the wood is the primary factor. Games with more layers in the plywood tend to show less dimpling. Usually 7 layer or 10 layer v.s. 5 layer. Either way it is normal for a steel ball to hit a wood surface and dimple.

#279 7 years ago
Quoted from mummite:

That is interesting as my insert in front of the Black Hole target does come on as a LED and works as a flashers, but in regards to working as a LED it does not come on nearly as much as the other LED inserts.

#280 7 years ago

as for dimpling, back when Playfield Renovations were doing clearoats, Jim added a "flex agent" to his clear and it greatly reduced or eliminated dimpling. I have a TZ here they did probably 8 years ago and it still doesn't have dimples.
My STLE is more dimpled than my Woz but that could possibly be because it hasn't been turned on since STLE arrived.

#281 7 years ago

Yeah WOZ is cool, but STLE is badazz

#282 7 years ago

I am hoping that THE HOBBIT plays way, way, way faster then WOZ

#283 7 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

Yeah WOZ is cool, but STLE is badazz

Yay! Looks like we have moved past ACDC vs WOZ...

#284 7 years ago

I still like WOZ a lot in all honesty it is unfair to compare WOZ to STLE because they are different type of players; more fair to compare WOZ to say TZ and TSPP.

#285 7 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

Lol You really think this game needs more GI?

Absolutely.

When we were playing, we turned off all the lights to see how it looked. It's not well lit in the lower middle of the PF. It's not nearly as well lit as MET for example. We couldn't really play it with all the lights turned off.

Converting those flashers in the spotlights to GI would help.

#286 7 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I haven't notice them come on during game play either,they do work in test mode though.
Maybe I'm just to busy with everything else going on to notice

#287 7 years ago
Quoted from pingod:

I haven't notice them come on during game play either,they do work in test mode though.
Maybe I'm just to busy with everything else going on to notice

They definitely work in attract mode

#288 7 years ago

They come on during some of the multiballs as well as extra lighting effect.

#289 7 years ago
Quoted from Hwawonyu:

Yay! Looks like we have moved past ACDC vs WOZ...

How many more title fights is WOZ going to lose before they retire the old girl ?

#290 7 years ago

Got my LE going today and played bunch of games
All I can say is:stunning !!!
This game is cool !!

One question: the speaker panel with Star Trek emblem
Had flashers, I have not seen these come on
Any thoughts. ?

Grasjas

#291 7 years ago
Quoted from rvdv:

One question: the speaker panel with Star Trek emblem
Had flashers, I have not seen these come on
Any thoughts. ?

Grasjas

Not in the code yet

#292 7 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

Not in the code yet

Thank you
That's what I thought , just wanted to make sure
I didn't miss anything of this light show

#293 7 years ago
Quoted from McCune:

How many more title fights is WOZ going to lose before they retire the old girl ?

Dude you got me rolling!!!! Rofl

#294 7 years ago

Well, early thoughts on the LE.

Is it worth the money - no.

Do, I want one - yes.

Absolute blast to play. Felt like a long version of IM - which is a very good thing. Love the way the ship fires back.

Is it worth the extra than the Pro - no.

But, is it better than the Pro - yes.

Is it better than Tron LE - by a mile. Comparing this title as would rather this than the Tron LE which cost more!

I love the backglass, the side trim, the color changers, the kick back. Starfield projector - no big deal. The blue flasher under the spinner is way too bright. But the color changers are real nice, smooth. Dots were average.

Can that flasher be changed?

So, I want this title and don't like the Pro artwork and I want the LE - but at the moment I can't justify the price point. If there were only 400 I would buy one.

This is one game where I can't talk myself into the Pro. Too much missing. But I can't yet talk myself into an LE either. Sigh.

Had a 125 million game and man, what a rush!

#295 7 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Do, I want one - yes.
Absolute blast to play. Felt like a long version of IM - which is a very good thing. Love the way the ship fires back.
Is it better than Tron LE - by a mile. Comparing this title as would rather this than the Tron LE which cost more!
I love the backglass, the side trim, the color changers, the kick back. Starfield projector - no big deal. The blue flasher under the spinner is way too bright. But the color changers are real nice, smooth. Dots were average.
So, I want this title and don't like the Pro artwork and I want the LE - but at the moment I can't justify the price point. If there were only 400 I would buy one.
This is one game where I can't talk myself into the Pro. Too much missing. But I can't yet talk myself into an LE either. Sigh.

Only 400 in the US

#297 7 years ago

It would appear that way on the second hand market!

#298 7 years ago

Do, I want one - yes.

Get a Premium and add the shaker.

#299 7 years ago

If you love the game & like the looks why does the amount made really matter? Sounds like your worried about losing money as opposed to buying game you really like.

#300 7 years ago

#138 unboxed on Friday evening, really good looking game, the code is solid out of the box and most of all - it's FUN to play

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
There are 429 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 9.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside