Topic Stats

• 429 posts
  • 140 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Rensh
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 76 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image-298.jpg
image.jpg
image-350.jpg
image.jpg
20131212_200331.jpg
20131212_200543.jpg
_MG_0478.jpg
_MG_0465.jpg
_MG_0463.jpg
_MG_0454.jpg
_MG_0453.jpg
_MG_0448.jpg
_MG_0444.jpg
_MG_0443.jpg
_MG_0435.jpg
_MG_0430.jpg

There are 429 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 9.
#201 5 years ago

Something I found very pleasing to my ears....the knocker has gotten its mojo back.

#202 5 years ago

I am told mine will be delivered Tuesday at 7 pm. Pizza unboxing party to start at 7:01. Distributor sets up and levels and we are going to test drive all nite, Wife is on board and going to have appy's and bevys on ice plus going to bring the lady friends over. May need to take Wednesday off!

#203 5 years ago
Quoted from silverball0:

bevys on ice plus going to bring the lady friends over. May need to take Wednesday off!

Now thats the spirit! You may want to schedule Thursday off as well.

#204 5 years ago

I'm PO'd that I still haven't received shipment notification!!! C'mon distrib!! Utah really isn't that far away!!!

#205 5 years ago
Quoted from pingod:

I have 24 on the way

# 24, or a 24? BBBIIIIGGGGG difference.

#206 5 years ago

Photo of picking up my STLE

startrek_box.jpg

I immediately rocked it with a blue dmd.

startrek_bluedmd_resized.jpg

#207 5 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

startrek_bluedmd_resized.jpg 181 KB

startrek_box.jpg 124 KB

The blue DMD looks pimp Frolic.
Thanks for the pics showing how you made it work.

#208 5 years ago

Damn now I want the blue dmd. Where to buy?

#209 5 years ago

Dang Frolic you don't look a anything like your avatar

#210 5 years ago
Quoted from ignusfast:

# 24, or a 24? BBBIIIIGGGGG difference.

Oh yeah big difference #24

#211 5 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

startrek_bluedmd_resized.jpg 181 KB

startrek_box.jpg 124 KB

Way better with blue - should have been included.

#212 5 years ago

I had about 20 people over yesterday...all non-pinheads. STLE was the favorite of basically everyone and they don't know that it is the newest or what the hype was. They just simply liked it.

#213 5 years ago

ST LE is extremely addicting.

#214 5 years ago

STLE #358 is now in the house! Awesome game!

ST_358.JPG ST_LE.JPG STLE_Day1.JPG
#215 5 years ago

I think I'm going to stop reading this thread... all this love; and not a pep from My distributor about mine.
I guess the silver lining is that I'm making mad progress on the Mirror Universe.

#216 5 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

I think I'm going to stop reading this thread... all this love; and not a pep from My distributor about mine.
I guess the silver lining is that I'm making mad progress on the Mirror Universe.

Yeah, you deserve a diversion from that project. But for only a day or two. We are all on pin balls and needles here!

#217 5 years ago

You'll have it soon I bet. It's worth it guys. Trust me.

#218 5 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

Same here. When it comes to pinball deliveries, I'm the Rodney Dangerfield. No word from my distributor as well.

#219 5 years ago

STLE #60 is in the house, and it's Blowing my mind!!

#220 5 years ago
Quoted from MapleSyrup:

it's Blowing my mind!!

MB2.jpg MB.jpg
#221 5 years ago

mine will be here Friday!!!!!!!

#222 5 years ago
Quoted from rockrand:

My warp chase lights only light about half the shots

Mine is the same way on my LE. Warp chase lights only light sometimes? in test they are fine and also when I test both ramp optos all AOK. This must be code. They need to light every time they hit the lower opto and stay on for someone to actual see them. I also think these lights need to be integrated into the light shot and other aspect of the game,

#223 5 years ago

photo.JPG

#224 5 years ago

I just got mine and I love it. Do you think the flow is great on AC/DC (I know I do)? Wait until you play this game... its smooth as butter, fast - and FUN! Its probably the smoothest flowing game I've ever played IMHO.

Looks sexy as hell too. Love "the dots"!

Great job Steve R./Stern !!!

#225 5 years ago

I just picked up #250 yesterday from Marco. Has anyone else noticed that the stickers applied under the ramps aren't pressed on well at all? Mine are so bad that I'm going to have to take the ramps off and use a bondo squeegee to get all the air bubbles out. But that is the only niggily thing I have found.

Also the small mylar square applied in front of the Vengence,,, was that on the Pro too?

#226 5 years ago
Quoted from MurphyPeoples:

I just picked up #250 yesterday from Marco. Has anyone else noticed that the stickers applied under the ramps aren't pressed on well at all? Mine are so bad that I'm going to have to take the ramps off and use a bondo squeegee to get all the air bubbles out. But that is the only niggily thing I have found.
Also the small mylar square applied in front of the Vengence,,, was that on the Pro too?

I thought my stickers look not great also.

My other issue is that I have yet to see the warp ramp chase light up....in fact I have no idea what it even is and if not for the chatter about it I would not even know it existed.

#227 5 years ago
Quoted from VolunteerPin:

I thought my stickers look not great also.
My other issue is that I have yet to see the warp ramp chase light up....in fact I have no idea what it even is and if not for the chatter about it I would not even know it existed.

Take the glass off and throw a ball up the ramp.
Should light up.
But yeah, improved code likely required as people seem to be having issues with these things working all the time.

#228 5 years ago

I decided to try my hand at making some custom apron cards. I figured ANYTHING was better than the ugly yellow things included with the pin. As the game is so new, I couldn't find anything out there. My Photoshop Kung Fu is very limited, so I used a simpler program called Pixelmator. I'm pretty happy with the results!image-865.jpgimage.jpg

#229 5 years ago
Quoted from MapleSyrup:

I decided to try my hand at making some custom apron cards.

Very nice!

Any chance you can upload just the pictures of what you did so we could also use them?

#230 5 years ago
Quoted from MapleSyrup:

I decided to try my hand at making some custom apron cards. I figured ANYTHING was better than the ugly yellow things included with the pin. As the game is so new, I couldn't find anything out there. My Photoshop Kung Fu is very limited, so I used a simpler program called Pixelmator. I'm pretty happy with the results!

image.jpg 225 KB

image-865.jpg 237 KB

Yes, very nice. But now your game is not "original".

#231 5 years ago
Quoted from Asylum:

Very nice!
Any chance you can upload just the pictures of what you did so we could also use them?

Just started a new thread with the images included...

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/my-stle-custom-apron-cards

#232 5 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Yes, very nice. But now your game is not "original".

Just knocked 1K off the value of the game.

The cards look great! If you decide to share, I'd like to join in. Perhaps I could print a few extra sets and mail them around to others who want to ruin the value of their machines too!

#233 5 years ago

after some time on mine I have a few questions....

are anyone elses machines super powerful? I mean the slings give me air balls. every coil is very very strong

is the vengeance supposed to have a bit of a gansta lean to the left?

I have waxed the playfield used different balls. ordered super bands, and got my hall mark ships.... so the weekend is full. lol

the lighting is awesome. something you just cant get in a pro no matter the mods.....

modes are good I have been working on the 3 deep method and have been having good success with working in multiballs.

found a few fish eyes in the clear coat and only had the ball hang up once out of the pops ......

also super pops with a multiball is awesome....

extremely happy with my purchase!!! the 1 k jump over the premium im glad I paid because of the blue artwork alone.

for those that say that the pro is "the same game" guys...... whatever helps you sleep at night...... if you can swing it get a LE while you can.

#234 5 years ago

I picked mine up today!!! Had to wait 3 days because of this shit weather we're having.

I have to let it warm up in my basement for a few hours now.

stle.jpg
#235 5 years ago

Mine has been in my garage in the box for 3 days, need to bum a friend to help me get it up to the 3rd floor of the house.

#236 5 years ago

You could be playing that right now if you would buy an Escalera from me. LOL I'll bet you are snowed in like us. Good to have a arcade to pass the time.

#237 5 years ago

Come on cliffy I want more protectors for my STLE

image.jpg image-874.jpg image-40.jpg
#238 5 years ago

So those pics answer an earlier question I had in another post regarding the "shield" indicator lights on the apron. I was wondering if each of the individual segments could be turned on and off individually or not.

Looks like 2 RGB leds on each side so all the segments will light on or off together. I was kinda hoping they were individually addressable like the phaser power triangular indicators in the middle of the playfield. That way during the game you would gain/lose shield power based on whats happening.

It's still cool though that they light up in multiple colors. Anyone see them trigger during game play yet? So far I've only seen them go on in attract mode.

#239 5 years ago
Quoted from magnoliarichj:

after some time on mine I have a few questions....
are anyone elses machines super powerful? I mean the slings give me air balls..

I've been reading about this and it doesn't seem right - I've never had an airball from ANY sling in any of my machines... in fact my idea of a "too powerful sling" is when they start hitting the ball back and forth between
them for more than a few seconds

The rubber must be too low on the posts somehow... that would explain why the ball lifts off the PF.
A Met owner said his turned out to have lowered posts from the factory (who knows why) so maybe you could order some stock posts and see if they stand any higher (putting the rubber up higher).

I hate seeing damaging airballs myself and since it's not a matter of bending down a target or something you can easily adjust I'd try new posts or the fix described in the Met threads... where ya gotta break out the 'ole soldering gun

Good luck!

#240 5 years ago

is the vengeance supposed to have a bit of a gansta lean to the left?

Mine started the lean after the Vengeance ship was defeated the first time. Down and to the left.

found a few fish eyes in the clear coat and only had the ball hang up once out of the pops ......

Same here as well but they are getting harder to spot due the extremely fast rate of dimpling on this playfield.

#241 5 years ago

Come on cliffy I want more protectors for my STLE

image.jpg 192 KB

image-874.jpg 156 KB

image-40.jpg 154 KB

Is that the standard shooter lane protector? Fits fine?

http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=2787

I want to buy one for first day. I already have the machine, but it is in storage for a couple of weeks until I move...

#242 5 years ago
Quoted from Silverballer:

Mine started the lean after the Vengeance ship was defeated the first time. Down and to the left.

Same here as well but they are getting harder to spot due the extremely fast rate of dimpling on this playfield.

it does dimple fast lol

#243 5 years ago

anybody's warp ramp warp ramp misaligned ... mine does not flow easily and sometimes the ball ends up in the shooter lane. and on the return of the warp ramp the ball is not smooth when it makes it to the playfield its shaky

#244 5 years ago

anybody's warp ramp warp ramp misaligned ... mine does not flow easily and sometimes the ball ends up in the shooter lane. and on the return of the warp ramp the ball is not smooth when it makes it to the playfield its shaky

Yes, we noticed the warp ramp needed to be realigned the first night. Easy assessible screw in the upper right to adjust it. My friend said the warp ramp is much better now and he can get 4 or 5 warp ramps in a row when on a roll.....

#245 5 years ago

My warp ramp must be defective too. I rarely hit it.
: )

On the return though, most often it comes back around smooth, but occasionally it takes a bump or a bounce and there's no chance to hit it again.

#246 5 years ago

When you hit that thing more than once in a row what a rush. My record is still only 3 though. I have hit it twice in a row several times. It so silky smooth.

#247 5 years ago

I can't stop playing ST LE in order to dust off WOZ and TAF. I bet they miss me. I'll give them some attention later today I swear.

#248 5 years ago

A quick question, if I may. The only game play issue to note for my STLE is that my out-lane kickback does not put the ball back into play well as as it usually kicks the ball back weakly and not smoothly (the ball seems to usually hit the side metal rail on its way back into play). Is this something that I need to adjust, or does it usually work itself out with play?

#249 5 years ago

Probably just needs a little fiddling with. Open it up and just check it out and see if it's tight, in line, etc. It seems a few have not been from the factory. I bet it is something simple.

#250 5 years ago
Quoted from coasterguy:

Probably just needs a little fiddling with. Open it up and just check it out and see if it's tight, in line, etc. It seems a few have not been from the factory. I bet it is something simple.

Thank you. I will take a look.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 22.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 5,599.00
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
$ 96.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
There are 429 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 9.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside