Topic Stats

• 429 posts
  • 140 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Rensh
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 76 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image-298.jpg
image.jpg
image-350.jpg
image.jpg
20131212_200331.jpg
20131212_200543.jpg
_MG_0478.jpg
_MG_0465.jpg
_MG_0463.jpg
_MG_0454.jpg
_MG_0453.jpg
_MG_0448.jpg
_MG_0444.jpg
_MG_0443.jpg
_MG_0435.jpg
_MG_0430.jpg

There are 429 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 9.
#151 5 years ago

Could an LE owner let me know how much the added emblems on the side of the head add? Total width? I can barely slide a pin thru this doorway now. I really hope I don't have to open the game and take them off first. That would stink! Thank you!
Should be getting mine this weekend.
Cg

#152 5 years ago
Quoted from coasterguy:

Could an LE owner let me know how much the added emblems on the side of the head add? Total width? I can barely slide a pin thru this doorway now. I really hope I don't have to open the game and take them off first. That would stink! Thank you!
Cg

Add about 5/8" . It will still fit thru a 30" doorway. As I remember your doorway it will fit but be tight.

Ken

#153 5 years ago
Quoted from coasterguy:

Cg

Are they just screwed in? Just to be safe, try to remove them if you can before you bring it in.

#154 5 years ago

Bought, Paid, At a delivery on Saturday

#155 5 years ago

I saw a pick. They are screws with nuts so I am guessing you have to open it up to remove them.

#156 5 years ago

I got my Star Trek LE yesterday, LE #012. Even though the box had been damaged the game was untouched and perfect on the outside, no dings or scratches. I had played a ST pro a few weeks ago on location and loved the way the game played and that was before code version 1.3. The 1.3 seems to be a great improvement and the LE is one great game. It's all been said before, I'll just say I love the game, I just need to practice and get better but I did get 2 warp loop shots in a row, by accident I am sure. I have never been one to get too involved in the rules, I just play to keep the ball in play and see how far I get.
The starfield projector is much better in person. I have been trying to get some good video of it but so far not much luck but I will keep trying.
For the most part everything has been positive but I have found a few issues.
First is a warning about raising the playfield. Be very careful, theirs not much clearance on the sides and the metal habitrails will scratch the shit out of the inside of the cabinet. Yes I did put a scratch on the right side, well at least I think I did it but you can see from the picture it had been scratched a few times at the factory and they touched it up with black paint. I have only raised the playfield one time to install the tilt bob. I guess this should piss me off a little but it's not a big deal I guess and if I decide to get mirror blades you wont see it anyway.
Another small problem I ran into is with the coin door. It came with .25 cent coin mech's which work fine but I use .984 tokens with my games so I buy the Happ combo .984/.quarter mech's which have worked great in my other games but when installed in the STLE my tokens get rejected but the quarters work. These are new Happ mech's so I swapped in some of my older ones from one of my other games and it dose the same thing. It looks to me like its because the front of the STLE cabinet is tilted on an angle instead of being at a 90 deg angel to the floor. I guess for now I'll putt the game on free play but I haven't found a free play setting yet, I assume it has one?
Also the ball shooter rod doesn't seem to have enough power to launch the ball, it just barely makes it to the top of the lane and sometimes the kick back seems weak and a few times when it kicks the ball it's like it hits a brick wall at the top of the out lane and ricochets back down the ball drain but I don't see what it could be hitting to bounce it back.
I'll keep trying for some good video.
For now I am happy with the STLE
Star Trek LE 005-474.JPG
STLE 013.JPG
STLE 016.JPG
stle2 024.JPG

#157 5 years ago
Quoted from SaminVA:

I got my Star Trek LE yesterday, LE #012.

Nice, congrats, despite the issues.

I'd love to see a pic of all four of your Star Trek pins lined-up ... make it so!

#158 5 years ago

Damn SaminVA I'd be pissed. Looks like they touched up their scratches with a Sharpie.

#159 5 years ago
Quoted from BillySastard:

Damn SaminVA I'd be pissed. Looks like they touched up their scratches with a Sharpie.

Yea I know but I figure no need to cry about it, shit happens and if that's the worse I can find, hearing about Sterns quality control, I feel I can count myself lucky. It could be worse.

#160 5 years ago
Quoted from SaminVA:

It could be worse

Maybe so but that is bullshit...

#161 5 years ago
Quoted from SaminVA:

Yea I know but I figure no need to cry about it, shit happens and if that's the worse I can find, hearing about Sterns quality control, I feel I can count myself lucky. It could be worse.

I'd contact Stern if I were you. By the looks of your box and how bad that looks Stern may do something for you. Doesn't hurt you to ask!

#162 5 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

I'd contact Stern if I were you. By the looks of your box and how bad that looks Stern may do something for you. Doesn't hurt you to ask!

What do you think they could do? I don't think they would send another cabinet and I don't think they would send someone to fill and repaint. I could send them a picture and see what happens.

#163 5 years ago
Quoted from BillySastard:

That's NOT minor scratching and I would at least send them a pic and let them know about it. That is god aweful!

#164 5 years ago

I would have refused the delivery.

#165 5 years ago

For 8k I would complain. Heck I sent my pro back for some playfield damage and it was only $4600.

#166 5 years ago

I would file down that part of the habitrail and definitely not put mirror blades in if its that tight.

#167 5 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I would have refused the delivery.

Agreed I would of shart my pants if my pin showed up in a box that looked like that.
image.jpg

#168 5 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

FyI, invisi-speakers have only come into contact with 2 or 3 pinsiders genitalia. If you want more G, add $100

PDI speakers are also available for.... $455.00

#169 5 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

I would file down that part of the habitrail and definitely not put mirror blades in if its that tight.

I agree. I'm going to hold off on mirror blades until someone reports that they work. I may pickup these decals instead once I see them on a LE.
http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/i-need-a-st-volunteer-for-new-mod

#170 5 years ago
Quoted from mrobertso2:

That's NOT minor scratching and I would at least send them a pic and let them know about it. That is god aweful!

I think the flash just makes it look that bad. Most NIB Stern's I've seen (including my own) have some marks on the sidewalls. In normal conditions it's not noticeable.

#171 5 years ago
Quoted from SaminVA:

at least I think I did it but you can see from the picture it had been scratched a few times at the factory and they touched it up with black paint.

I am cringing-AGHHHHHHH. No way that this is acceptable. You need to call 1800-Kickers and talk with Chas. He will request serial number and photos of the game. Do not settle for this. You spent a shit load of money on this grail pin and it needs to be perfect. Imagine buying a new car and the detail guy pulls up and there is a huge scratch along side of door-I would freak out.The shooter rod is not a big deal. Every new Stern recently has had this issue. Just loosen four screws on back of shooter assembly then re-position and center. If it is not long enough may need to put on new tip-I had to put one on my Metallica. Good luck and congrats.

#172 5 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

I think the flash just makes it look that bad. Most NIB Stern's I've seen (including my own) have some marks on the sidewalls. In normal conditions it's not noticeable.

I agree. Its the flash making it look worse than it is. Reality is that this will happen to nearly every game and if it bothers you add the mirror blades or decals and never lift the playfield again.

#173 5 years ago

Look at that box!!!! R&L? HFFT!!!!

#174 5 years ago

I understand this happens to all games including my WOZ. You'd think in 2013 this could be solved. It seems keeping playfied parts inside the width could be arranged.

#175 5 years ago

That's why I don't understand the mirror blades. I mean the mirror blades look cool but most of them have to be pretty scratched up by now.

#176 5 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

That's why I don't understand the mirror blades. I mean the mirror blades look cool but most of them have to be pretty scratched up by now.

Shows less than wood scrapes, looks awesome and easy to replace.

#177 5 years ago

I'll never do decals again. When they rip they look the worst. I have custom side decals on my TAF that I'm replacing with black mirror blades. The decals are starting to peel all over.

#178 5 years ago

Thanks guy's for the advice about the side wall scratch. I think Manic and JoeJet is correct, the flash makes it look much worse than it is. I did not even notice it till I was taking some close up pics of the playfield but yea I agree that should not have shipped like that. They should have some type of temporary protection in place wile they build the pin and should make sure theirs nothing but the wood playfield that could make contact with the side.
In the mean time I did put together some video of the un boxing and some game play video including the Laser Star projector but my camera is not HD and the camera doesn't do the effect justice but its better than nothing so here it is.

#179 5 years ago

Sam thanks very much for the video, I really enjoyed it! Your song choice for the unboxing was funny!

I like the different angles of gameplay and those sideboard LEDS are really cool. I wonder if it would be possible to add those sideboard LEDS in the premium? Amazing attract mode too.

The game looks great Sam, enjoy it!

#180 5 years ago

Oh man! I understand JJP couldn't pay the movie fee for the WOZ music but WHY oh WHY did he not license this version?!?! Wasted opportunity IMHO!

Back on topic, thanks for the video Sam, you are a true fan of ST and pinball - enjoy!

#181 5 years ago

How are people setting up the Angle of playfield,I had to lower the rear adjusters down all the way to get the bubble close to the center,I have never seen a game like that?

#182 5 years ago
Quoted from rockrand:

How are people setting up the Angle of playfield,I had to lower the rear adjusters down all the way to get the bubble close to the center,I have never seen a game like that?

Its all relative to the back legs. I powder coated mine and had a tough time screwing on the leg so I left the rear up all the way and then brought the fronts about 1/3 out. 6.5 and bubble centered. I am only 5'8"" so usually I leave the fronts all the way down and take the rears up half way..ish and yes I said take the rear : )

#183 5 years ago

I rerouted the ship crash opto wire that wraps around the front of the ship,looked strange, only an LE thing,drilled through the plastic under the opto

#184 5 years ago

StarTrek 23 now operational!
(1 game in. My wife scored 27 million. I scored less than 3 million.)
Sigh

#185 5 years ago

More videos please

#186 5 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

Sigh

My wife always tells me that women are at least 9 times better than men. Now she has proof. Thanks a lot ...

#187 5 years ago

Regarding damaged games. I assume it much harder to get it returned unless you just refuse the package at delivery.

Has anyone here ever refused a NIB delivery outright due to a damaged box? If so, can you post what happened?

#188 5 years ago

Also, congrats on your new game Sam.

#189 5 years ago

STLE #106 in the house... Waiting for the machine to warm up before plugging it in. The wait is killing me.

20131130_093924.jpg
#190 5 years ago
Quoted from apexsl:

STLE #106 in the house... Waiting for the machine to warm up before plugging it in. The wait is killing me.

20131130_093924.jpg 149 KB

Take off the glass and wipe off that moisture.

#191 5 years ago
Quoted from RogerKlotz27:

Take off the glass and wipe off that moisture.

NOOO don't touch that glass. The heat from your hands might be too sudden, wait for it get to get to room temp

#192 5 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

That is incentive to play more"you have to top 27 million"

#193 5 years ago

STLE #4 is set up and rocking away in Silverballer's Saloon. I cant believe how f 'ing bright this pin is. The seizure-inducing warnings are legit. I loved the gameplay from the first plunge. The code is advanced enough for me at this point in time. The dots crack me up and the call outs are ok but I am looking forward to Karl's powerpack.

The playfield projector-I like it. It makes the game feel as if you are in a full onslaught attack by the Klingons. I can only surmise that anyone stating it looks like a disco ball hasn't actually played it.

The asteroids -my first thought was uggh but after the third game I didn't even notice them on the playfield, so for me they are no biggie.
The machine is fast and furious and a combo king, just the way I want it. Happy Pinsider here!

#194 5 years ago
Quoted from Silverballer:

STLE #4 is set up and rocking away in Silverballer's Saloon. I cant believe how f 'ing bright this pin is. The seizure-inducing warnings are legit. I loved the gameplay from the first plunge. The code is advanced enough for me at this point in time. The dots crack me up and the call outs are ok but I am looking forward to Karl's powerpack.
The playfield projector-I like it. It makes the game feel as if you are in a full onslaught attack by the Klingons. I can only surmise that anyone stating it looks like a disco ball hasn't actually played it.
The asteroids -my first thought was uggh but after the third game I didn't even notice them on the playfield, so for me they are no biggie.
The machine is fast and furious and a combo king, just the way I want it. Happy Pinsider here!

Thanks again for the invite to come over and play last night, I truly enjoyed it. Left wanting more, especially after my last game on STLE ended as it did.

#195 5 years ago

Im getting excited about mine now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Should have it this week.

#196 5 years ago
Quoted from eXidy:

Im getting excited about mine now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Should have it this week.

Yep Any Day now.

#197 5 years ago

Wtf with that box! Has to be R&L..........Maybe it did a few 360's off the back of the truck somewhere in route, hopefully the guts of the pin are in tact, that took a blow to get beat up that bad!

Congrats on the pin!

#198 5 years ago

#355 in the house thanks to Great American Pinball. Game is an absolute blast to play. Starfield looks better in person IMHO then any of the videos have shown.

#199 5 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

Sigh

I have 24 on the way

#200 5 years ago

2 friends in town have their's on the way.
I'll give more of a review soon.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 5,599.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
There are 429 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 9.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside