Topic Stats

• 429 posts
  • 140 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Rensh
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 76 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image-298.jpg
image.jpg
image-350.jpg
image.jpg
20131212_200331.jpg
20131212_200543.jpg
_MG_0478.jpg
_MG_0465.jpg
_MG_0463.jpg
_MG_0454.jpg
_MG_0453.jpg
_MG_0448.jpg
_MG_0444.jpg
_MG_0443.jpg
_MG_0435.jpg
_MG_0430.jpg

There are 429 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 9.
#101 6 years ago

Love the chase lights in the warp ramp. I can see why the Starfield Projector dots look oblong on the playfield and more like a star in the back of the game. It sits too low. I don't think there is any way around it though. Can't place it any higher in the apron. Still, I love the idea.

#102 6 years ago

as for spiderman, yes it's kind of similar in some aspects and I agree if you own a spidey, pass on this one.
I sold off my spiderman due to the theme. hate superhero themes but got the game for the gameplay.
awesome game play/rule wise. Sound, music, laughs and callouts is what made me sell it.

My LE should be here next week - much more happy with a ST theme so it's a perfect fit for me!

#103 6 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

It feels nothing like spiderman to me, warp ramp feeds back to right flipper. Somewhat similar layouts though, left Vuk is pretty cool. I really think ST gameplay is pretty unique to itself.

Feels very similar to SM when you start shooting on the fly. Light Lock in same spot, almost all the shots are in the same spots. "Unique"? In this day and age, where a layout is unique if one shot is moved, maybe. 20 years ago, in the age of real creativity, some of these last few Stern layouts would be declared re-themes!

#104 6 years ago
Quoted from mechslave:

Feels very similar to SM when you start shooting on the fly. Light Lock in same spot, almost all the shots are in the same spots. "Unique"? In this day and age, where a layout is unique if one shot is moved, maybe. 20 years ago, in the age of real creativity, some of these last few Stern layouts would be declared re-themes!

Never said the playfield layout was unique, just the gameplay. Have you played a LE? The lighting adds a lot to it.

#105 6 years ago

This video confirms that I made the right decision buying the LE whew...

Pro's:
The Starfield Projector not ground breaking but does looks good
The VUK is a solid upgrade and makes good use of the RHS targets
The overall light show is one of the best I have seen to date in any title
The violent action on the Vengeance is outstanding,
The wireframe do not slow the game down, pure intensity and flow through the whole game like the pro.
The backglass and cabinet art rocks

Con's:
The enterprise is just there and really is just a toy, wish they could have done something different there
The asteroids are underwhelming wish they would at least rotate and move

It is worth 3K more I personally don't care there is enough on this machine to make it better then the Pro without affecting the gameplay, in fact it looks as if gameplay could be a little better due to VUK...

Love it can't wait, hopefully mine arrives next week!!!!

#106 6 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Never said the playfield layout was unique, just the gameplay. Have you played a LE? The lighting adds a lot to it.

Haven't played an LE. Played a Pro every day last week. There's almost nothing unique about gameplay, to me. Modes are fairly simple "hit lit shots" and rinse/repeat. Choosing the modes 3-in-a-row, or 3 deep, in order to get Super Ramps... Ok, that's pretty cool. The shots are nice, though maybe a tad easy (backhanding the spinner and left ramp, backhanding the right ramp, etc). Not seeing the variety in modes or gameplay which I'd hope to from a new title. I'm sure there's a lot to add to gameplay yet, at least I hope so. But if not, it's going to be a great shooting, well lit, very stale game.

It's definitely a fun layout with standard, familiar shots. I loved the movie. I'd love to be compelled to purchase a premium in the new year....but the ruleset is going to need a LOT of upgrading before that happens!

#107 6 years ago

The Gary Glitter spinner?

gary-glitter.jpg

#108 6 years ago
Quoted from mechslave:

Not seeing the variety in modes or gameplay which I'd hope to from a new title. I'm sure there's a lot to add to gameplay yet, at least I hope so. But if not, it's going to be a great shooting, well lit, very stale game.

Isnt that better then a horrible shooting, poorly lit game?

#109 6 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

Isnt that better then a horrible shooting, poorly lit game?

Poorly lit is fixed with $100 and an hour of your time. Great shooting is subjective. Stale rules will always be stale rules.

5 inserts light up, knock them out, rinse repeat a few times to the final wizard mode where 5 color changing inserts light up and you have to (wait for it) knock THOSE out!!! Nah, that sort of gameplay stopped interesting me in the 90's, honestly.

#110 6 years ago
Quoted from mechslave:

Poorly lit is fixed with $100 and an hour of your time. Great shooting is subjective. Stale rules will always be stale rules.
5 inserts light up, knock them out, rinse repeat a few times to the final wizard mode where 5 color changing inserts light up and you have to (wait for it) knock THOSE out!!! Nah, that sort of gameplay stopped interesting me in the 90's, honestly.

The code even as it is now is more fun then the initial launch and looks to be getting better. No code can fix a horrible shooting pin with no flow. If they continue to work on the code and it becomes even better then its gravy. Have you tried combo shots to increase the value of the shots? The incentive for combos to increase the value of the shots is already pretty cool and give the player incentive to really shoot on the fly.

#111 6 years ago
Quoted from ShinyNick:

Closer look at playfield & gameplay video:
» YouTube video
(Still processing on Youtube as of this post)
and Here are some pics of under the playfield, Laser assembly, under the apron and inside the new metal backbox (yes it uses the 2 bolts just like the Pro...)

Nice video.

So, are the lights in the speaker panel working yet or not? Didn't see them on in the video.

#112 6 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Nice video.
So, are the lights in the speaker panel working yet or not? Didn't see them on in the video.

I haven't seen them lit in any of the delivered LE photos or video. I will be disappointed if they're not there, considering Stern had them on display at their recent Expo Tour.

#113 6 years ago

What's with the flashers by the speakers in the head?

#114 6 years ago

thank for the video.

machine looks good, lots of bling.
starfield is barely noticeable.
as of right now the gameplay is exactly like the pro, except for the kickback.
why is the insignas on the speaker panel doesn't light up or is it only a flasher on top of the speaker (behing the panel)?

#115 6 years ago
Quoted from mrbillishere:

What's with the flashers by the speakers in the head?

Exactly.

This isn't good. I think that the speakers are not lit by an LED strip (similar to the add on speaker LED kits that are available) but instead just have a flasher pointed at the speaker.

Which, raises the question...how the hell is any light going to get through to the front?

Look at where the flasher is pointing. Seems like the light would actually have to go through the speaker cone material. Doesn't make sense.

Any STLE owners who can shed some light on this?

STLE Speaker Light.jpeg
#116 6 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

This isn't good.

Ive created invisi-speakers to solve this problem, if anyone needs a pair, PM me. They are $900 for the pair.

#117 6 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Exactly.
This isn't good. I think that the speakers are not lit by an LED strip (similar to the add on speaker LED kits that are available) but instead just have a flasher pointed at the speaker.
Which, raises the question...how the hell is any light going to get through to the front?
Look at where the flasher is pointing. Seems like the light would actually have to go through the speaker cone material. Doesn't make sense.

STLE Speaker Light.jpeg 2 MB

There is also suppose to be 4 flashers behind the backglass.

Here are 2.

image.jpg

Yeah I can't see light passing through the speakers very well.

#118 6 years ago

another question, what about the warp ramp led chase lights?
i don't see any reasons for the flashers on top of the speakers, doesn't make sens and not too hard to make.
the kit already available doesn't cost much and that's what it should look like... aaaah stern.

#119 6 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Seems like the light would actually have to go through the speaker cone material. Doesn't make sense. Any STLE owners who can shed some light on this?

We didn't notice the flashers working behind the speaker (or the upper cabinet side logos) during gameplay but Nick ran the flashers thru test mode and they definitely light up well. The light travels through the side of the blue plastic. You can barely see it in this pic.

157638-i.jpg
#120 6 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I see what you unintentionally did there ....

rd.

#121 6 years ago

Thanks for posting the great video! I think a premium will be added to my wish list.

#122 6 years ago

Marco specialties video on YouTube I found.

Shows the vengeance magnets holding Multiball balls with a third hitting them out.

#123 6 years ago

Re the speaker flashers, it appears in the pictures that the speaker is mounted on a thin piece of blue Perspex.

Presumably the light comes through this?

don't know why the bottom flasher is pointing at the cone though. Wouldn't think the cone would be too transparent.

rd.

#125 6 years ago
Quoted from ShinyNick:

the 2 bolts just like the Pro...)

There are FOUR bolts in the bag. Two for the back of the backbox and two for INSIDE the backbox.

#126 6 years ago
Quoted from ShinyNick:

Closer look at playfield & gameplay video:

Thanks for posting these pictures and vids great to see some details on this beast

#127 6 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

» YouTube video
Marco specialties video on YouTube I found.
Shows the vengeance magnets holding Multiball balls with a third hitting them out.

why is it that no one can't get a tripod for the camera?

gameplay, all we see is half of the playfield, can't see the flippers and it's moving around all the time like i'm whatching mtv.

#128 6 years ago
Quoted from beatmaster:

what about the warp ramp led chase lights?

You can see them light up in the video.

#129 6 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

but instead just have a flasher pointed at the speaker.

When do the speakers light up and when do the side cab emblem flashers light up? can someone explain when they go off thanks!

#130 6 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

It feels nothing like spiderman to me, warp ramp feeds back to right flipper. Somewhat similar layouts though, left Vuk is pretty cool. I really think ST gameplay is pretty unique to itself.

I COMPLETELY agree. It might take some cues from Spidey, but the gameplay itself couldn't be anymore different.
-Wes

#131 6 years ago
Quoted from mummite:

When do the speakers light up and when do the side cab emblem flashers light up? can someone explain when they go off thanks!

I'd like to know too.

Frankly I think at least the side insignias should be lit constantly, not just part of the time with a flasher. I see a mod coming...

#132 6 years ago
Quoted from beatmaster:

why is it that no one can't get a tripod for the camera?
gameplay, all we see is half of the playfield, can't see the flippers and it's moving around all the time like i'm whatching mtv.

Some video is better than no video.

#133 6 years ago

Thanks for the video and pics! Only going to make the wait harder now that i know how absolutely increadable it looks!! Can't wait to get mine

#134 6 years ago

I checked again and I did only get two backbox bolts in the bag! Although I do see the two additional holes inside the backbox... did the Pros come with 4 bolts? What an annoying system...

For the video I was trying to capture some of the LE playfield features rather than a straight up game video. Will try to do another tripod one...

The Backbox side Insignias do have a soft glow from the fluorescent tube which looks nice although brighter would be better... with the speakers the glow is much less noticeable. I'm not sure why they went with flashers for these areas, I think a constant glow would look better but it looks easy enough to add LED strips to those areas as needed!

There are 4 backglass flashers in there.

The LED controller is much nicer than ACDC for example. They are going for the WoZ style smother fading colour transitions finally and getting away from the strobey LEDs.

My favourite LE feature is the Kickback! Nice to see that again...

Nick

#135 6 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Ive created invisi-speakers to solve this problem, if anyone needs a pair, PM me. They are $900 for the pair.

At that price I'll take a "bakers dozzen".

#136 6 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

At that price I'll take a "bakers dozzen".

Ha, what he didn't tell you was they are signed and personally tea bagged by him. I can't believe the price is that low

#137 6 years ago
Quoted from ronlisa:

My STLE will be delivered Monday afternoon ! What a long weekend!
The delivery company said that they are also delivering one just 20 miles from me in Independence MO. I wondering if they are here on Pinside?

I can be there by 5:45!

#138 6 years ago

Wow the Marco video for the first time made me sad I cancelled. The light show looks amazing integrated with hitting shots. Very seizure inducing. I am not on the phone to JJ but the game looks great. Maybe I will get one down the road HUO when someone needs to bail on it. Blows WoZ color changing lights away this looks so much better to me.

#139 6 years ago

Please quit posting pics of those ridiculous speakers..... Those $ 2 back box china made speakers are awful, thank goodness for FF......

Is it safe to even throw that garbage in the trash can?

#140 6 years ago

Back to the original post....I simply think it is overpriced.

#141 6 years ago

FyI, invisi-speakers have only come into contact with 2 or 3 pinsiders genitalia. If you want more G, add $100

#142 6 years ago

ShineyNick,

The Pro comes with two bolts for mounting the back box. The instructions say you can attach them through the back or from the inside for added "security"

#143 6 years ago

I heard that Friday was lost as a production day due a parts supply issue, should resume on Monday. With next week being a short shipping and production week, we may see a bit of a slow down getting some of these on the road.

#144 6 years ago

Does the vengeance on the LE do anything different than the pro? I watched the video and it looked the same.

#145 6 years ago
Quoted from Silverballer:

Yes, that would be mine. I have been wanting to reach out and say hi and here is a perfect opportunity. Hi RonLisa!

Hi Silverballer! I figured that other machine was for someone here on Pinside .

#146 6 years ago

Wonder if the pinball toppers speaker led strips will fit in the speaker on the back box. And who is making some st LE mirror blades? I want some.

#147 6 years ago

How is the star field laser refracted? Could you just use an mega bright white LED? I think the idea is super cool, but the split up red all over a red playfield seriously diminishes the effect.

#148 6 years ago

My warp chase lights only light about half the shots also I believe when playing the pro I could see all 3 top lanes with out moving my head but on my le I only see the right 2 because of the ship ,I also do not like the new chepo way the back box is held with those little screws the le should have the old casket lock, but I do love the game play and am looking foward to the Voice actor update

#149 6 years ago

The issue with the warp ramp is that the opto sensor, the first one mid way up the ramp, is not aligned properly. On mine any way. They need to actually be moved down a bit. If you look at the holes in the plastic where the optos are, you can see that they do not sit in the middle of the hole. So I loosened the two screws on each bracket and pushed them down a bit. Played a game and it lit up every shot. So I guess I just need to get some small washers to place under the lip of the ramp and tighten up the screws. Hopefully this will work.

#150 6 years ago
Quoted from ShinyNick:

I checked again and I did only get two backbox bolts in the bag! Although I do see the two additional holes inside the backbox... did the Pros come with 4 bolts? What an annoying system..

My pro came with four. But instead of a keyfob, I got a spare spring, though. Problem is, there are no springs on the game that I can see.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 40.00
Lighting - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 76.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
There are 429 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 9.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside