Topic Stats

• 429 posts
  • 140 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Rensh
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 76 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image-298.jpg
image.jpg
image-350.jpg
image.jpg
20131212_200331.jpg
20131212_200543.jpg
_MG_0478.jpg
_MG_0465.jpg
_MG_0463.jpg
_MG_0454.jpg
_MG_0453.jpg
_MG_0448.jpg
_MG_0444.jpg
_MG_0443.jpg
_MG_0435.jpg
_MG_0430.jpg

There are 429 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 9.
#51 6 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

I can save everyone the effort of reading .... This is what will happen.
THE STERN OWNERSHIP FORM GUIDE - By rd.
Week 1: WOW STLE is fantastic! Great flow and fastest pin ever! BEST STERN EVER!
Week 2: STLE is GREAT! I think if they had done (x) it would have been even better
Week 3: has anyone heard about a code update?
Weeks 4-8: it's been a while since the last code update ... Have you heard anything?
Week 9: Code update is coming guys - musketd
Week10: where's the code? Derek said it was coming last week
Week12: I'm never buying a Stern again!!
Next model - rinse and repeat.
rd.

You got that right, seen it before but you forgot one....it's been __ weeks and I still haven't gotten mine and I'm going to cancel the order.

#52 6 years ago

Mine is version 1.3
Currently uploading a gameplay vid that shows most features but its taking forever...

#53 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Week 15- Game is sold. Thanks to all who looked.

Week 17 - Sold my LE a couple weeks ago. Regretting it. Anyone got one NIB for less than $9K?

#54 6 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Week 17 - Sold my LE a couple weeks ago. Regretting it. Anyone got one NIB for less than $9K?

Week 20 - bought a pro

rd.

#55 6 years ago

Is the star field some big damn secret?

#56 6 years ago

Yes the star field is a secret.

Kind of like the way you keep venereal disease a secret.

Or crabs....

Or a crack habit

Or your mongoloid half twin who lives in the basement and likes to eat brains

#58 6 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

Not so sure I like that backglass on the LE

Really? I think the LE has the nicest bg and trim color of all the versions!

#59 6 years ago
Quoted from smokey_789:

Nope. A little laser under the apron that shoots red dots onto the playfield. You can rig one up pretty easily by connecting a $5 laser pointer to a controlled circuit under the pf, and put a diffracting element in front of it with a shaped tube to limit the spread. (Gonna have to hack this mod yourself, tho; I'm still spent from the wire-and-foodwrap WOZ tornado mod! )

#60 6 years ago
Quoted from smokey_789:

It comes on during the Klingon multiball. I like the effect but it isn't a star field. I'll try and get a video tomorrow.

#61 6 years ago

I think maybe Rob Ford got his STLE Cr edition this week . . .

Quoted from ozno:

Yes the star field is a secret.
Kind of like the way you keep venereal disease a secret.
Or crabs....
Or a crack habit
Or your mongoloid half twin who lives in the basement and likes to eat brains

#62 6 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Tic Toc Tic Toc as I watch the clock...

c..jpg 7 KB

ST Check.jpg 8 KB

ST doggin around.jpg 7 KB

LMFAO. Love the dog!

#64 6 years ago

StarTrek is officially the best stern ever, I played it, simply AMAZING!!!!

#65 6 years ago

The Pro really draws you in so I can just imagine the LE.

#66 6 years ago

Although, a few of the DMD animations could have been better.

#67 6 years ago

Closer look at playfield & gameplay video:

(Still processing on Youtube as of this post)

and Here are some pics of under the playfield, Laser assembly, under the apron and inside the new metal backbox (yes it uses the 2 bolts just like the Pro...)

IMG_4868.JPG IMG_4869.JPG IMG_4870.JPG IMG_4871.JPG IMG_4872.JPG IMG_4873.JPG IMG_4875.JPG IMG_4876.JPG IMG_4877.JPG IMG_4878.JPG IMG_4879.JPG IMG_4880.JPG IMG_4881.JPG IMG_4882.JPG IMG_4883.JPG IMG_4884.JPG IMG_4885.JPG IMG_4886.JPG
#68 6 years ago

Nice, but I don't paid to think.

#69 6 years ago

Projector starts at 5.56 minutes.

Thanks for video. Looks good.

Dare I say it but if I chose this title, Pro would be enough for me due to cost versus what you get with the LE.

#70 6 years ago

Thanks for the awesome video and pics. I don't see the problem with the laser starfield projector. I actually think it looks cool and nice effect on multiball. I would say maybe a different colour would have been cool but maybe that can be modded.

Also not sure why they choose a red DMD as it is screaming out for blue. Must have had a load to use up at factory.

The light show looks a winner and sounds are good. Sounds like you are in a real battle.

There doesn't look to be anything innovative in gameplay and the only major toy seems to be the ship in middle. Not sure why they didn't implement a teleport system where you ball gets locked and then appears elsewhere (two to beam down or something) - that would have been cool. Or some cannons like on STTNG instead of the asteroids. I dunno seems a missed opportunity somewhere considering how great the machine looks and all the attention they paid to lights.

Still looking forward to getting mine.

#71 6 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Sure, Ebay and quite a few. No rush though, they will still be available next year at this time.

#72 6 years ago

Thanks for the effort

#73 6 years ago

Don't know about the ship crashing effect - looks more like an epileptic fit. Maybe that's what the warning sticker is for

#74 6 years ago

Thanks for posting , total package surpasses previous games. Mine arrives next week, can't wait.

#75 6 years ago

Wow, the lighting on that looks amazing.

#76 6 years ago

Looks super kick ass.

Congrats on the new game.

#77 6 years ago
Quoted from ShinyNick:

» YouTube video
(Still processing on Youtube as of this post)
and Here are some pics of under the playfield, Laser assembly, under the apron and inside the new metal backbox (yes it uses the 2 bolts just like the Pro...)

Watching the video, it looks like the game is fairly easy. Is that more to do with the table or with your skill level?

IMG_4870.JPG 3 MB

IMG_4868.JPG 3 MB

IMG_4869.JPG 3 MB

IMG_4871.JPG 3 MB

IMG_4872.JPG 3 MB

IMG_4873.JPG 3 MB

IMG_4875.JPG 2 MB

IMG_4876.JPG 3 MB

IMG_4877.JPG 3 MB

IMG_4878.JPG 3 MB

IMG_4880.JPG 2 MB

IMG_4879.JPG 3 MB

IMG_4881.JPG 2 MB

IMG_4883.JPG 2 MB

IMG_4882.JPG 2 MB

IMG_4884.JPG 2 MB

IMG_4886.JPG 2 MB

IMG_4885.JPG 2 MB

#78 6 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

StarTrek is officially the best stern ever, I played it, simply AMAZING!!!!

CF, is that sarcasm or did you really like it that much?

If you're serious, what makes it so, in your opinion?

Being a Tron-junkie, how does it compare?

#79 6 years ago

Looks like a Fantastic Pin!!

#80 6 years ago

My STLE will be delivered Monday afternoon ! What a long weekend!

The delivery company said that they are also delivering one just 20 miles from me in Independence MO. I wondering if they are here on Pinside?

#81 6 years ago

Yes, that would be mine. I have been wanting to reach out and say hi and here is a perfect opportunity. Hi RonLisa!

#82 6 years ago

No doubt a beautiful pin and I do like that Stern did not screw over pro owners. Essentially all LE features are cosmetic. I liked the pro, when I played it, but the game didn't "Wow" me, need to try it again. Thanks for posting.

#83 6 years ago

I honestly think it looks great and I pulled my pre-order.

#84 6 years ago
Quoted from PinB:

I believe they shipped with software version 1.3.

When is the next code update due? Oops, guess I got a little ahead of schedule.

#85 6 years ago

Shiny Nick thanks. Those pics are great. Anyone k kw what the purpose of the nylon and rubber setup is for the lasers? Does that move it?

I'm looking forward to this. It's my first LE NIB. One premium and no pros so far since they began to sell games multi-tier. I will make a fair comparison to my WOZ including price.

#86 6 years ago
Quoted from ShinyNick:

Flippin awesome-Another classic Ritchie

#87 6 years ago

I might be in for a premium. Looks like a fun game and seems to be able to draw you into the game.

#88 6 years ago

Did we see the crash effect? I thought it would sit there longer in the crash mode?

#89 6 years ago

Also just put a little Blue tinted Gel over the laser and now you have a blue laser.

#90 6 years ago
Quoted from VolunteerPin:

CF, is that sarcasm or did you really like it that much?
If you're serious, what makes it so, in your opinion?
Being a Tron-junkie, how does it compare?

Well, I was just joking per RD's weekly steps, but overall excellent game, I rated it last night and left my thoughts so its visible....It plays fast like TRON but feels nothing like it at the same time with theme/audio/code differences plus the layouts arent overly similar, the warp ramp is fun!

#91 6 years ago

I like the projector !

#92 6 years ago
Quoted from jeffgoldstein2:

Also just put a little Blue tinted Gel over the laser and now you have a blue laser.

Doesn't work that way. Try that on a red dmd. It will still be red.

#93 6 years ago

Nick, thanks for the great video. I have a LE on the way and I am glad I made the purchase. I agree that a blue DMD would have been better ( an up date for me), also an FF sound system. Now that I have seen the star projector, I can say, I like it. It is different and can always be improved upon. One software improvement would be to turn off the GI and or insert during klingon multi ball ( similar to AFM strobe MB). Maybe on the way in a new software change. The red stars do not bother me . Some one will come up with a way to change the colors.

Stern games have great sound, light shows and flow. They also draw a lot of criticism but they are fun to play. Thanks Stern, keep them coming.

#94 6 years ago

Thanks for the pics and video. Just a recommendation on the video. Put it on a tripod and get the pf and display in one shot. I don't need to see just the ship up close for 5 minutes. Can't see what else is going on.

#95 6 years ago

I think the game looks sweet, my question though is it seems to have a lot of the same shots/flow as my SM. Am I wrong? Not that that's a bad thing, SM is quite fun. Grats on a sweet machine!

#96 6 years ago
Quoted from nighttaco:

I think the game looks sweet, my question though is it seems to have a lot of the same shots/flow as my SM. Am I wrong? Not that that's a bad thing, SM is quite fun. Grats on a sweet machine!

Same reason I didn't buy ST. S.R. working on ST for 2 years and this is the layout he came up with? If people don't own SM, then yes buy ST. If you own SM, no point really unless you want the same layout.

#97 6 years ago
Quoted from ShinyNick:

» YouTube video

Wow, nice video, Nick, and great game but whoever was playing was AMAZING and probably crazy handsome and super-cool!

ST:LE is a lot of fun. Better than I thought it would be. Nice flow, intense at times and the sound is great. Dots are decent too.

That said, I'm not overly impressed with the LE features, however, I'm more of an incandescent guy and more interested in the gameplay anyway so the *bling* doesn't excite me too much.

That said, the Klingon Multiball starfield is a nifty effect though and not annoying. Adds visual 'texture'.

The VUK with the 'disappearing' shield is a really cool mech but I'm not sure how much it adds or speeds up the gameplay.

The colour-changing LEDs are nice but the game is almost too bright for me. The asteroid flashers and Enterprise are just kinda there.

The cabinet light features are well done and it is neat to see the 'shooting lights'. Backglass isn't very interesting, visually, but looks nice, especially with the mirroring. Never noticed the flashers behind the speakers or upper cabinet (obviously). The shiny, blue legs and lock-down bar are pretty. I'd probably need to see a Pro sit right next to an LE to be fully appreciative.

Overall, I really enjoyed playing and it's a great looking game. Thanks, Nick. And I'd definitely drop money in Star Trek on location.

#98 6 years ago

(sorry, double post; can't delete)

#99 6 years ago

ebay.com link » Powerful High Strong Uv Purple Ray Led Light Beam Lazer Laser Pointer Pen 1mw

First mod I'm going to try. Couple this with UV reactive plastic protectors [like tron has] and lookout!!

#100 6 years ago
Quoted from jackal2001:

Same reason I didn't buy ST. S.R. working on ST for 2 years and this is the layout he came up with? If people don't own SM, then yes buy ST. If you own SM, no point really unless you want the same layout.

It feels nothing like Spiderman to me, warp ramp feeds back to right flipper. Somewhat similar layouts though, left Vuk is pretty cool. I really think ST gameplay is pretty unique to itself.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 26.95
$ 22.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
ModFather Pinball Mods
Pinball Machine
Great American Pinball
6,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Minneapolis, MN
There are 429 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 9.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside