(Topic ID: 175998)

The Official Gottlieb 1977 EM Cleopatra/Pyramid Club! Drooling Encouraged!

By EM-PINMAN

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 74 posts
  • 21 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Garrett
  • Topic is favorited by 8 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

playfield 2 (resized).jpg
playfield 1 (resized).jpg
cabinet 1 (resized).jpg
Full frontal (resized).jpg
Cabinet 2 (resized).jpg
4 (resized).jpg
IMG_3302 (resized).JPG
IMG_3304 (resized).JPG
IMG_3301 (resized).JPG
IMG_3597 (resized).JPG
IMG_3598 (resized).JPG
IMG_3565 (resized).JPG
IMG_3243 (resized).JPG
IMG_3237 (resized).JPG
IMG_3240 (resized).JPG
IMG_3235 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mbaumle.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#38 7 years ago

What does an EM Cleopatra go for these days? I know they're harder to find than their SS counterparts.

1 week later
#43 7 years ago

Just picked up this gem today. Backglass is flawless, as much as I can tell.

Game resets, but then autoresets once the score motor is activated through a playfield switch. I have a feeling the game will be a PITA to work on.

IMG_5903.JPGIMG_5903.JPG

#46 7 years ago
Quoted from hoov:

Just curious - did you pay the Letgo seller the $600 he was asking?

No. I paid $400--which I thought was a square deal. The story goes:

The woman who selling it wanted it gone. It was her husband's who had passed away. According to her, it had been in her basement since the early '80s. She and her kids played it until it stopped working, and it just sat and sat. The thing that made it difficult, was that she wasn't selling it directly. She had asked a friend of a friend to help her sell it in Letgo, so it was tough to coordinate with both to make a deal.

I just got it working today. The problem was that the start button had broken off a piece of plastic, and forced the start switch closed. Once fixed, the game worked flawlessly. (Talk about a lucky break...)

I don't think the game was played all that much. For an EM, it's very VERY clean inside--almost new. Backglass is near perfect, and the playfield only has a bit of wear above the two kickout holes--not even down to the wood. It's dirty as sin though. I don't think they ever took the glass off the playfield.

1 month later
#51 6 years ago

Congrats on your find! Glad you were able to find one local. That back glass is what dreams are made from.

If I were a betting man, I'd say that chrome is probably/definitely original.

#53 6 years ago

I think Pinball Resource sells legs for like $15 per leg. Definitely worth it to have super shiny brand new properly sized legs!

2 months later
#66 6 years ago
Quoted from EM-PINMAN:

I have now seen three of them sell for $2000.00 in a row.

I was really surprised when I saw those last 2 ebay auctions close at over $2,000. Neither of the games were even shopped.

#68 6 years ago
Quoted from Mopar:

but does anyone have a favorite over the other playability wise?

I haven't played Joker Poker in a while, but I enjoyed it immensely. From a rules perspective, they're both very similar: Complete a thing to score it's bonus value. All objectives need to be completed to score the bonus value--otherwise no bonus is scored.

I think for Joker Poker, you really only have to hammer down all the drop targets of a similar suit to get the respective bonus, but Cleopatra requires the player to match both the rollovers AND the drops, so the player needs to make consecutive shots back up to the playfield as well as aim for the dangerous targets.

They're both fantastic games, imho. Personally, I think I'd rather have Joker Poker since I love drop targets, but Cleopatra is no slouch either.

3 months later
#72 6 years ago
Quoted from SirScott:

It looks like the only difference between the AC and DC armatures is the addition of a washer on the DC one. Not sure what/where these washers are, but maybe you can check the ones currently on your machine?

I know I'm super late to the party here, but if I recall correctly, there are two different ones because Gottlieb converted their continuous duty relay coils to DC voltage at some point in the mid to late 70s. You'll see that some Gottliebs have a couple of Diodes wired in facing each other in parts of the game and in the schematic. You can convert some of the non rectified relays to be rectified, and use a higher Ohms coil so it'll never burn up again.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 4.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball

$ 15.00
Lighting
Space Coast Pinball

$ 15.45
Gameroom - Decorations
KAHR.US Circuits

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mbaumle.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-gottlieb-1977-em-cleopatra-club-drooling-encouraged?tu=mbaumle and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.